Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:49:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Sims 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sims 3  (Read 92251 times)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: June 02, 2009, 01:33:53 PM

Even for EA the price points in Sims 3 store are shocking.

75 cents for one shirt? Nineteen dollars for a room of furniture?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:36:48 PM by Numtini »

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
bhodikhan
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: June 02, 2009, 04:06:08 PM

I'll be surprised is those prices stay at that level. But then again. There are people stupid enough to pay those prices. 
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: June 02, 2009, 05:39:33 PM

Let's suppress our disgust of EA and share some designs instead! My latest tasteless attempt. Work-in-progress. awesome, for real

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
schild
Administrator

Reply #143 on: June 02, 2009, 05:44:30 PM

That is garish, son.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: June 02, 2009, 05:55:05 PM

Yep! It started out as a test of just how much the builder can take so, well, sorta everything went in there. awesome, for real I hate multi-level buildings, so I doubt I'll ever come to use it.

This was her actual house, prior to me running with mortar;

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: June 02, 2009, 07:01:46 PM

Yeah, my favorite kinds of houses with little rooms and multistories are just a total pain in Sims.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #146 on: June 04, 2009, 03:22:18 PM

Title of this thread should be changed to "Nude patch and store products torrent up already?"
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: June 04, 2009, 03:39:03 PM

My only real gripe with the sims is that each iteration have been bug ridden pieces of shit that run like dogs on the best machine in the universe.  Even worse than normal EA shit.  How does this one run on your machine.

Also.

I think that thinking only gay people and women like this game is a sign of Tom Cruise in the Closet.

AKA Gyoza
schild
Administrator

Reply #148 on: June 04, 2009, 03:40:09 PM

How does this one run on your machine.

Fine. In fact, better than the previous 2.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: June 04, 2009, 03:41:38 PM

It crashes from time to time, but that seems to be isolated to me.

As for gameplay, I haven't found a single bug. Not one.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #150 on: June 04, 2009, 03:53:10 PM

Title of this thread should be changed to "Nude patch and store products torrent up already?"
They had the nude patch out before the game officially launched. Couple days after the leak hit the street, i think.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #151 on: June 04, 2009, 04:29:08 PM

So my only complaint so far is how the Sims themselves look. A LOT of the clothes manage to look uncomfortable and ill-fitting (how is that possible?!) and I hate their hair and they look all playdough-y in a way I don't like. I vastly prefered the way the Sims looked in Sims 2. I mean, you know the hair options are shitty when your second favorite hairstyle for the males is the mullet. The mullet. It's a glorious mullet, sure, but still. The facial hair options look horrible too except for the sideburns. The ladies have much better hair, but they all have the Renée Zellweger "I just caught a whiff of something disgusting" face.

Good thing I usually play zoomed out far enough that it's not something I can't eventually tune out, but I still think it's a big ass step backwards visually. Otherwise I *heart* it.

God Save the Horn Players
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #152 on: June 04, 2009, 05:24:06 PM

You liked the look of the sims in Sims 2? They looked TERRIBLE. Like everyone had downs.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: June 04, 2009, 05:25:42 PM

I like how they look. Mostly.

I've actually not yet figured out how to cook fish you catch. Any ideas?

Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: June 04, 2009, 05:46:02 PM

You need to know a recipe that uses fish.  So, my sim knows the recipe for sushi, which will use any two fish you have.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: June 04, 2009, 06:05:12 PM

Ooooooh. It all makes sense now. I hadn't seen a sushi recipe. Thanks!

Also;
The Shallows in Riverview are the most dysfunctional Sims-family I've seen I think. Christ.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 06:10:08 PM by Tarami »

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: June 04, 2009, 06:42:54 PM

I think that thinking only gay people and women like this game

So far in my EQ2 guild it's only been the two dykes playing. The gay guys and fundies seem disinterested.

(I think our officer corps is about as diverse as it can get.)

schild
Administrator

Reply #157 on: June 04, 2009, 06:43:53 PM

(I think our officer corps is about as diverse as it can get.)
They'd most certainly fulfill a requirement at UMD for graduation.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: June 05, 2009, 12:20:52 PM

You liked the look of the sims in Sims 2? They looked TERRIBLE. Like everyone had downs.

I prefer sims2 over sims3 (appearance of the sims themselves) so far. There's a lot of moon faces and Jay Leno chins, and the customizability only helps so much.
That and the skin textures are awful.

It's like, in order to make things so modular and customizable, they wound up paying for it in actual asthetics. YMMV of course. And some people are managing to make some decent looking sims on the exchange already.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: June 05, 2009, 03:06:43 PM

I think there are at least 3x as many options clothes-wise for women.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
schild
Administrator

Reply #160 on: June 05, 2009, 03:24:01 PM

Ever been to a department store?
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: June 05, 2009, 05:21:42 PM

Ooooooh. It all makes sense now. I hadn't seen a sushi recipe. Thanks!

Also;
The Shallows in Riverview are the most dysfunctional Sims-family I've seen I think. Christ.
I've got a moocher/klepto/seducer-type who ran into them purely by chance ("Hey, what's in this house?")
The mother is now pregnant with his child while he survives off their food and money. And it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 05:35:54 PM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #162 on: June 05, 2009, 09:34:33 PM

Wait, so now there's families with backstory, and it's laid out for you? I'm wondering how it's evident that a specific family sucks.

Last time I played this franchise was the original Sims game. Maybe that's part of the problem.

I guess that's what I get for ignoring and entire franchise for a huge chunk of its lifespan. This is probably for the best, because I bet it'd be fun to find inventive ways to murder an entire neighborhood.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #163 on: June 06, 2009, 12:47:36 AM

Well at the start they usually just 'seed' the default neighbours and households with backstories. Then as time advances if you check the paper it'll tell you as new households move into the neighbourhood.

I'm enjoying the criminal career now, ripping off 12k worth of painting per night work is awesome.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: June 06, 2009, 12:54:52 AM

Ever been to a department store?
Good point.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #165 on: June 06, 2009, 12:41:01 PM

So, aside from fiddling around with the original (I think it was) and a brief demo of the second version, I don't play this game.  I've never really had that much of an interest but since I've not been able to get into MMORPGs at the moment, I though I'd give it a go and I bought the game. 
Oh dear.  I've had to delete three characters so far and it took me HOURS and HOURS to make them and fix up a house!  I got smelly, my house came down with buggies, I offended the neighbours, etc.  I just now figured out that I can have five outfits from the start.  Before, my hair kept changing in unpossible ways and all but the one outfit I made, my clothes were horrible!  I've had to buy the strategy guide to sort myself out. 

This game makes me scared of everything.  I'M SO STRESSED. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: June 06, 2009, 12:59:07 PM

Has anyone figured out how to get the second neighbourhood that is supposed to be in the retail (non-torrent) version? My box seems to have come without it. sad In fact, I don't see anything different about the two...
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #167 on: June 06, 2009, 01:30:22 PM

It's not supposed to come with it. You have to register your game and download it.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: June 06, 2009, 02:20:50 PM

Ah, found it. It's hidden in the Exchange.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #169 on: June 06, 2009, 05:10:10 PM

I need more time!  MORE TIME!   ACK!

Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #170 on: June 07, 2009, 02:08:42 AM

What you need are higher end fittings and no job. I built an absurdly small house, packed it with great bed, shower, cooker, fridge and computer and my sim spends the night hacking to get income. Occasionally he has to leave the house or he goes stir crazy. I probably should have given him the loner trait.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: June 07, 2009, 03:14:51 AM

It seems much...easier then the sims 2.

And jay leno joke was great.

raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: June 07, 2009, 04:16:06 AM

I'm waiting for the Sims/Spore crossover where I can raise a civilization of retards then nuke it from orbit.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #173 on: June 07, 2009, 08:16:54 AM

What you need are higher end fittings and no job. I built an absurdly small house, packed it with great bed, shower, cooker, fridge and computer and my sim spends the night hacking to get income. Occasionally he has to leave the house or he goes stir crazy. I probably should have given him the loner trait.

Hi, honey.  This is what you do irl.  You've made a sim of yourself.  Or did I say that backwards?  At least your hacking is legal.  Giving yourself the Loner trait wouldn't have fit, though.

My fat little cutie, Bubbles Hitler, is a snitch.  I may have to kill her off too, though.  She's made a right mess of everything. 

I had bad dreams last night about this game.   swamp poop  I'm not sure it suits me.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: June 07, 2009, 11:26:16 AM

I need more time!  MORE TIME!   ACK!

You can turn the aging off in the options from the main menu (the option is greyed out in game).

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Sims 3  
Jump to: