Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:56:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: This game needs more PvE 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This game needs more PvE  (Read 36197 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 09:47:40 AM

When one faction achieves the required resources, they are allowed to travel to the area and access the content unrestricted for 30 minutes (subject to change). After this, the resource collection begins again, with the winning faction starting from zero and the losing faction starting from where they left off.

Am i reading this right?  They've got this mini expansion and Mythic can't tell you enough how awesome it is. In fact it is so awesome  they can only let you play it for 30 minutes at a time because you may injure yourself from the continuous raging hardon?

swamp poop

Yeah you got it wrong, you get 30 mins of having the zone to yourself, then the resource gathering begins again and you got until one side completes the goal and the zone flips, even then if you lose you can stick around, just be ready to deal with people coming to stab you.

I am the .00000001428%
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 11:35:01 AM

Yeah, I figured something like that after a while.  The zone control still seems weird though.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #37 on: May 13, 2009, 02:35:40 PM

I guess I confused by the term "resource gathering".  That doesn't sound like resources at all but another point system.  It is humorous that they have so many point systems that they are searching for euphemism for points.

"Me am play gods"
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 02:53:29 PM

Somebody commented on one of the external threads that the whole system has become so complicated that it might actually put people off returning.  I think it's a fair point, like March said they need to return to the basics.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 13, 2009, 04:09:08 PM

Somebody commented on one of the external threads that the whole system has become so complicated that it might actually put people off returning.  I think it's a fair point, like March said they need to return to the basics.

That's no lie. I keep one eye on it in the conflicting hopes that it both turns around to become the Warhammer I want it to and continues to be a flaming wreck. I'm utterly confused by the systems they have in place at this point, from zone control to how much ward gear you need. Can you imagine being hired on at this point and thrown into this system without having been part of it from the start?
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 13, 2009, 05:01:02 PM

I don't think hiring people is a Mythic concern right now.  Unless we are talking attorneys. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 14, 2009, 04:38:34 AM

Enter instance
Kill some shit
Phat lewts
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #42 on: May 14, 2009, 07:09:22 AM

It started out complicated.......and yes, it is a huge problem.  When you have to do scenarios, capture keeps and do PQs to capture a zone it is a bit much.  Keep it simple stupid is a good thing for Mythic to consider.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: May 14, 2009, 09:28:44 AM

Enter instance
Kill some shit
Phat lewts

Kind of. Related to this new shit that they are working on, it should work like this.

Gather fuel (whatever) needed to power the airship to the new lands. Once your side has enough, broadcast that the airship is leaving soon. Airship leaves. That's how you get to the new lands. Now you need to re-gather the fuel to send another airship there. That's it. No 30 minute timers and other bullshit. Always have the quests there to kill the other realm. Add sabotage missions so you can destroy some of their fuel that's been gathered for the next trip if you want to get FANCY. No more arbitrary timers. Next thing you know we'll have 30 "Mythic Minutes."
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 14, 2009, 10:42:05 AM

This all just brings a whole new meaning to Failure of Mythic Proportions.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 14, 2009, 10:56:05 AM

People dont even pay attention to existing scenario objectives.  All you have to do is go from 1 flag to another, no one goes.  Pickup X and bring it to Y...no one does it.  You dont get anything for completing scenario objectives so people just skirmish in the middle to get reknown.  I dont even stay grouped anymore, I go to a solo group and kill people solo which gets me more reknown and more medallions, etc.  If I kill a RR80 DOK I need the token, why should I be rolling against a level 33 who cant wear that level of armor and wont be able to for months at best(of course the little dipshits will need on it). Plus, why stay grouped when I dont get heals anyhow and since Im usually the top DPS'er/most kills every scenario I honeslty dont feel like sharing my kills/renknown to level 28 newbs who cant do shit
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 14, 2009, 01:50:54 PM

These sense of teamwork I get from that post is heart-warming.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 14, 2009, 02:40:37 PM

I bet he's one of those people who are consistently out of range of healing, and then screams at anyone who might even be able to remotely heal that they suck because he died.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #48 on: May 14, 2009, 02:47:29 PM

Players are just traveling the optimum path through the game (Farming each other instead of playing the Scenerio).  The fact the designers are too dense to understand what the optimum path is in the game they created is not the players fault.

"Me am play gods"
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #49 on: May 14, 2009, 02:49:01 PM

After 6 months without a fix for group dropping inside scenarios, one can safely conclude that they're fully aware of that, and see it as a valid playstile.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #50 on: May 14, 2009, 03:50:20 PM

Mythic, I'm breaking up with you

funny & well written & accurate it sounds like
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #51 on: May 15, 2009, 05:59:17 AM

Glad to know people are still ripping off my Dear MMOG letter years later.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #52 on: May 16, 2009, 07:55:32 PM

People dont even pay attention to existing scenario objectives.  All you have to do is go from 1 flag to another, no one goes.  Pickup X and bring it to Y...no one does it.  You dont get anything for completing scenario objectives so people just skirmish in the middle to get reknown.  I dont even stay grouped anymore, I go to a solo group and kill people solo which gets me more reknown and more medallions, etc.  If I kill a RR80 DOK I need the token, why should I be rolling against a level 33 who cant wear that level of armor and wont be able to for months at best(of course the little dipshits will need on it). Plus, why stay grouped when I dont get heals anyhow and since Im usually the top DPS'er/most kills every scenario I honeslty dont feel like sharing my kills/renknown to level 28 newbs who cant do shit

Welcome to 6 months ago.

War.
War Never Changes.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: May 17, 2009, 05:14:28 AM

How long have you been waiting to use that line?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 17, 2009, 10:43:42 AM

How long have you been waiting to use that line?

It came to me in a drunken stupor. I think though it should catch on for other games that go all clownshoes in an epic way.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: This game needs more PvE  
Jump to: