Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:46:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Paul Barnett speaks on being "Dazed and Confused" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paul Barnett speaks on being "Dazed and Confused"  (Read 165272 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: March 27, 2009, 01:32:07 PM

If he's truly punk then he should revel in being penniless and destitute.  When can we expect the drug habit to start?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #71 on: March 27, 2009, 01:59:30 PM

you know, in all seriousness, he may be trying to get fired.

With the Mythic acquisition he very probably has good equity and a secure severance agreement. 

Meaning: he can get asked to leave, land a new MMO genius job, dismiss WAR, and get well paid at the same time. 

Not a bad strategy. 
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: March 27, 2009, 02:04:46 PM

If he's trying to get fired, he's doing it wrong.  Wasting everyone's time at a talk a conference is a sure way to ensure continued employment!

schild
Administrator

Reply #73 on: March 27, 2009, 02:06:21 PM

People only fail upwards in game development, until they finally destroy their own company they didn't deserve and then they fail downwards one notch and repeat the process.
Delmania
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: March 27, 2009, 02:08:54 PM

Let's keep focusing on Paul, not MJ!

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: March 27, 2009, 02:24:41 PM

If he's trying to get fired, he's doing it wrong.  Wasting everyone's time at a talk a conference is a sure way to ensure continued employment!

I can guarantee you there was at least one venture capitalist with a boner for WoW numbers looking to poach someone at his talk who was turned off by his meandering horseshit.
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: March 27, 2009, 03:17:18 PM

People only fail upwards in game development, until they finally destroy their own company they didn't deserve and then they fail downwards one notch and repeat the process.
Sounds like business as usual at pretty much any corporate structure, if you ask me.
Chockonuts
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: March 27, 2009, 04:03:34 PM

Link please. I have a sneaking suspicion that we might be watching the beginning of the end for this clown. I sort of want to watch with unrestrained glee as it slowly snowballs while he keeps shouting about PUNK ROCK as his checks bounce.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/65908 

There ya go.  Surprised he got that many pages out between alcohol and ego poisoning.

EDIT-  He's made three entries there, but I refuse to spread any more than one of them to my fellow humans.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 04:24:03 PM by Chockonuts »
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: March 27, 2009, 05:18:15 PM

Christ
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: March 29, 2009, 02:39:02 PM

Link please. I have a sneaking suspicion that we might be watching the beginning of the end for this clown. I sort of want to watch with unrestrained glee as it slowly snowballs while he keeps shouting about PUNK ROCK as his checks bounce.

Here is one of the WHA threads referred to: Anyone else losing interest?

But homestly, they are a dime a dozen. Every day there is a new or necro'd thread about this there. Although as people have said here it does seem like the fanboi defense team has slacked off a lot more to the tune that some threads are almost 100% critical. Just imagine what the tone would be if most of us who obviously quit could still post ...

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: March 30, 2009, 09:05:03 PM

I don't think I've ever read an interview or seen a video of him where I couldn't have mistaken him for a ranting drugged up bum that had in wandered off the street.

Speaking of which, it's a wonder you haven't update your avatard from this very thread.

I was without internet for a few days.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #81 on: March 31, 2009, 08:34:11 AM

EDIT-  He's made three entries there, but I refuse to spread any more than one of them to my fellow humans.

Okay, so I read the other two blogs of his. Talk about thoroughly mediocre.

schild
Administrator

Reply #82 on: April 01, 2009, 12:24:02 PM

Im cancelling my sub too. Im sick of watching the fat b*****d go on Youtube and make stupid videos when he and his people should be working on fixing the game.
Times like this, I shouldnt feed someone who doesnt deserve to be fed.

Hur. From WHA.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: April 01, 2009, 12:26:42 PM

Im cancelling my sub too. Im sick of watching the fat b*****d go on Youtube and make stupid videos when he and his people should be working on fixing the game.
Times like this, I shouldnt feed someone who doesnt deserve to be fed.

Hur. From WHA.

WHA is turning on Mythic pretty fast.  There are threads about cancelling meeting with little to no fanboi resistance.  The funny thing is that many people are leaving WAR to go back to DAoC.  It's a pretty sad statement when your old game proves to be better constructed than your new, multimillion dollar baby. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: April 01, 2009, 12:27:50 PM

The funny thing is that many people are leaving WAR to go back to DAoC.

That'll show 'em!  awesome, for real

Over and out.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: April 09, 2009, 05:54:28 PM

http://www.massively.com/2009/04/09/do-developers-consider-disabled-gamers-enough/#continued

Mythic's Paul Barnett is sympathetic to the cause as he himself is color-blind, dyslexic and hearing-impaired.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: April 09, 2009, 06:38:43 PM

http://www.massively.com/2009/04/09/do-developers-consider-disabled-gamers-enough/#continued

Mythic's Paul Barnett is sympathetic to the cause as he himself is color-blind, dyslexic and hearing-impaired.

Now that's the kind of designer I want making my games!
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #87 on: April 09, 2009, 06:42:24 PM

There's a deaf, dumb and blind joke in there somewhere. 
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #88 on: April 09, 2009, 07:27:49 PM

Warhammer Pinball! Now with Bright Wizards!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #89 on: April 09, 2009, 07:33:47 PM

God this guy is just super qualified to work in entertainment. Hell, he's a walking circus.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: April 09, 2009, 09:01:36 PM

Hearing-impaired? Is that why he is yelling all the fucking time?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
schild
Administrator

Reply #91 on: April 09, 2009, 09:02:05 PM

Hearing-impaired? Is that why he is yelling all the fucking time?
No, he's yelling all the time because he's upset no one ever listens to him. Or at least, they don't hear him.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #92 on: April 09, 2009, 09:12:26 PM

of course, he could also be lying about all of that
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: April 09, 2009, 09:16:27 PM

Oh my God, the comments.  swamp poop
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: April 09, 2009, 10:29:29 PM

"Some people are, through no fault of their own, living a restricted physical life - on our world, you can fly, ride, get married, run, jump and swim"

... and we tried our very best to make you feel disabled doing it.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Chockonuts
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: April 09, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

"Some people are, through no fault of their own, living a restricted physical life - on our world, you can fly, ride, get married, run, jump and swim"

... and we tried our very best to make you feel disabled doing it.

Sorry but..

"You Dawg.. I heard you were disabled in real life.  So we made a game where you get disabled a lot in game so you can be disabled while you play disabled."

I promise no more, but sometimes they just write themselves.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #96 on: April 09, 2009, 11:52:02 PM

Quote from: Mythic dickbag
"Some people are, through no fault of their own, living a restricted physical life - on our world, you can fly, ride, get married, run, jump and swim."

Unlike the real world, where cripples are shunned by the opposite sex and may never wed!

awesome, for real

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #97 on: April 10, 2009, 12:26:04 AM

Now that's the kind of designer I want making my games!

He forgot to mention his Narcissism disorder too.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #98 on: April 10, 2009, 03:55:22 AM

We need a word for design-impaired, I suggest grindlexic.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: April 10, 2009, 04:35:18 AM

Oh grindlexic, that's a good one.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: April 10, 2009, 06:17:09 AM

Unlike the real world, where cripples are shunned by the opposite sex and may never wed!

awesome, for real

I caught that, too. It screamed lonely fat beard claiming ass-burger's benefits because of his obsession with Thundercats.

I was more agape at the couple posts where people said that companies shouldn't provide wheelchair ramps
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: April 10, 2009, 07:56:11 AM

Quote from: Mythic dickbag
"Some people are, through no fault of their own, living a restricted physical life - on our world, you can fly, ride, get married, run, jump and swim."

awesome, for real
Wait.  You guys can't fly!?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: April 10, 2009, 09:44:00 AM

I think this explains why they only want 3 star talent. No matter who is working with Paul B on this project, they are going to be brought down to 3 star level. They could have John Carmack working on the client and it wouldn't have helped.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #103 on: April 10, 2009, 10:38:27 AM

Man, wtf, way to trot color blindness out as a disability. HELP HELP MY SHIRT DOESN'T MATCH. Douchebag.

I am color blind myself, about the worst side effect is I have to ask someone else in my company's IT department what color an LED alarm is showing. And I can't make my own cable. LIFE WRECKING.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #104 on: April 10, 2009, 10:56:43 AM

My sister still feels bad about acting like you were an idiot when you wanted to know if you had a red shell or a green shell in MarioKart.  awesome, for real

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Paul Barnett speaks on being "Dazed and Confused"  
Jump to: