Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:19:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 801923 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3605 on: October 17, 2011, 11:35:29 AM

I didn't know they bothered wiping characters.  Lame.

All mine but one are at level 120 now.  They need to extend the cap some more.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3606 on: October 17, 2011, 12:11:29 PM

I'm on world 8, messing around with it. Sadly starting anew. Can't find any f13 town.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3607 on: October 17, 2011, 01:07:02 PM

Bat Country is right where it's always been.  In Bat County (we still have our fort).

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3608 on: October 17, 2011, 03:49:18 PM

I didn't know anyone was still playing this.

Sam, don't you want to check your basement?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3609 on: October 17, 2011, 04:35:49 PM

During the work day I'm limited to things that communicate on port 80.   Heartbreak  And, you know, don't occupy ALL my time.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3610 on: October 18, 2011, 01:20:57 PM

Can I get an invite then?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3611 on: November 01, 2011, 08:33:32 AM

Invite?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3612 on: November 01, 2011, 08:43:59 AM

Trammel is still open right next door to Bat Country if you see something in the stores you like.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3613 on: November 15, 2011, 06:10:07 PM

Been playing this when I remember to login and do something.  I'm stuck on something though...

How do I complete quests like -

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3614 on: November 16, 2011, 12:33:02 AM

Open up the map and select a job (e.g. "Putting up posters") from the dropdown to see places where you can do it.  Then do it for the required amount of time (after "accepting" the quest).

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3615 on: November 16, 2011, 04:50:09 AM

Open up the map and select a job (e.g. "Putting up posters") from the dropdown to see places where you can do it.  Then do it for the required amount of time (after "accepting" the quest).

Well thats what I thought, but I've done putting up posters for more than 3 hours now.  I can't do it all at once with the hour max of course, but I've done more than 3 combined.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3616 on: November 16, 2011, 08:24:38 PM

Did you accept the quest?  You should see it mark off progress each time you complete the job, but only if you've accepted it.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3617 on: November 17, 2011, 03:07:42 PM

Did you accept the quest?  You should see it mark off progress each time you complete the job, but only if you've accepted it.

Didn't do anything different, but they are working now.  Maybe I wasn't doing the 3 hours back to back before or something, dunno.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3618 on: November 17, 2011, 03:25:53 PM

They don't need to be back to back; it'll track your progress after each completion regardless, and allow you to complete the quest once you've ticked off the required amount of time.  You can even do it in 5-minute chunks if you want to.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3619 on: November 20, 2011, 09:38:10 AM

So for starting out trying to make money and level, should I concentrate on doing quests, or more on doing the most difficult highest exp/luck jobs that I can do all the time?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3620 on: November 20, 2011, 12:34:51 PM

If you want to just level ASAP, you want to go straight for a high XP job, because over a long span of time most of your XP comes from doing jobs.  You can always respec later; it just costs a mix of time and money to do so.

Long-term, you can make some pretty serious cash by maxing a high luck job (e.g. max your fine motor and do grave robbing, or max trading and do traveling merchant) and then selling the resulting rare drops on the world market.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3621 on: November 29, 2011, 10:48:07 AM

Oh hey, I'm a field cook in w8 btw.  If someone wants to go saddler and supply me with canteens and chopping boards, I'd be much obliged.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Dunno if anyone is playing on any other worlds, but I'm a tonic peddler in w1, saddler in w5, and blacksmith in w9.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:29:59 AM by Samwise »

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3622 on: November 29, 2011, 03:57:14 PM

I'm saddler on 8, haven't really done anything with crafting yet though.  Don't even know the best way to get materials aside from spending hours and hours on crappy low level jobs.  awesome, for real

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3623 on: November 29, 2011, 04:29:23 PM

I'm saddler on 8, haven't really done anything with crafting yet though.  Don't even know the best way to get materials aside from spending hours and hours on crappy low level jobs.  awesome, for real

That's pretty much it.   awesome, for real  At least you're still actually low level; imagine how demeaning it is to be level 120 and going stream fishing for fucking trout.

I think we can exchange goods more or less for free by putting them on the market for "town only" -- how about I "sell" you some canteen components and you "sell" me some canteens?  I'm trying to make enough liquor to get the collection achievement (and $5k bonus).

Unfortunately, I make absolutely nothing that you need as a component, but if you want some chow, just throw me the ingredients.  My skill is currently at 188 so I can't do any of the really fancy stuff yet.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:37:00 PM by Samwise »

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3624 on: November 29, 2011, 09:00:43 PM

Hm, well crafting sucks then I guess, heh.

Been playing it pretty steady, I can login all day at work/school/home so I can keep my queue full even with only 3 slots.  Sure I'll get bored of it eventually, but actually keeping up on it for now.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3625 on: November 30, 2011, 10:11:32 AM

I put the components for two canteens on the market.  Have at em.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3626 on: November 30, 2011, 04:44:53 PM

Canteens are back up, thank you sir.

Also lol at it telling me my "price is too low" posting stuff on the market.  Do they not want people trading stuff or what??

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3627 on: November 30, 2011, 04:50:47 PM

That hit me too -- I think the minimum has to be the purchase price associated with the item (which is basically a pittance for most items), otherwise I would've listed all those things at $1 each.

Once I have time to get some more cow horns I'll give you another batch.  I've already got plenty of wood and pelts for some reason (probably had some quest a long time ago that wanted a bunch of traps and got the pelts as a side effect).

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3628 on: December 03, 2011, 01:01:22 AM

Another load up on the market... that's 2 canteens you owe me now.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3629 on: December 06, 2011, 08:22:54 PM

Am I supposed to get quest items like "Blue Bandana" and "Black Headband" from anywhere in particular?  Or just watch the market/trader/hope I get them from a job?

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3630 on: December 07, 2011, 10:16:08 AM

Or just watch the market/trader/hope I get them from a job?

That.  Or go buy them at a 4x markup from another town.  Sometimes I've telegrammed somebody in a town that had an item I wanted and offered to buy it from them via the market for a more modest markup.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3631 on: January 17, 2012, 10:27:50 AM

We don't have anybody playing on w8 who is or wants to be a blacksmith, do we?  I need knives, and I can make you charcoal...

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3632 on: January 17, 2012, 11:35:22 AM

I just started playing this again on world 8. I almost completely forgot how to play, and I had to start over.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3633 on: January 17, 2012, 12:32:48 PM

Cool, come join the town and be a blacksmith.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS  I'll even put materials on the town market for ya.

(edit) Invite sent.  Also if you find your own knife materials I'll pay you $2k per knife, since that's about the amount I can make doing cash jobs for the same amount of time it'd take me to scrounge up iron and coal and hammers and whatnot.  Then you'll have lots of cash to bootstrap yourself with nice gear.  Win-win.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:25:33 PM by Samwise »

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3634 on: January 18, 2012, 06:24:38 AM

I didn't get an invite (would it be a telegram?). I'm playing as Xanthippe this time.

I haven't put any points into anything. Is there a spec guide somewhere?

I don't want to go trapper or builder this time, thinking something along the lines of a shootist.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3635 on: January 18, 2012, 08:55:14 AM

Hiding gives you some pretty good jobs and also makes you a good fort defender.  My w5 character started as trapper, then migrated to shooter, and finally migrated to hider.

Pure trader gives you you some nice cash jobs and the high-luck traveling merchant job, but not sure how it is for XP gain early on.

I wouldn't worry too much about how you spec yourself early on; respeccing isn't that hard.

You've definitely got an invite as Xanthippe (I can see it in our list of pending invitations); maybe it showed up under your reports?  If not there, try looking at our town hall and see if it's giving you an option to join.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3636 on: January 18, 2012, 11:11:10 AM

Found it, joined, thanks.

I think I might try shooting this time.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3637 on: January 20, 2012, 03:43:34 PM

Oh hey, just occurred to me, y'all should let me know if you need any gear or products that I might have.  I've got a lot of random low-level gear on hand that I will never wear, and as long as I haven't recently needed a particular product for questing or crafting there's a good chance I'll have some of that too.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3638 on: January 21, 2012, 01:08:28 PM

Right now, I need 3 wool, a hammer, and 3 beans to finish my quests - any of those would be great, as I can't do any of those jobs yet.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3639 on: January 21, 2012, 07:57:37 PM

Oh hey, just occurred to me, y'all should let me know if you need any gear or products that I might have.  I've got a lot of random low-level gear on hand that I will never wear, and as long as I haven't recently needed a particular product for questing or crafting there's a good chance I'll have some of that too.

I currently have 3 quests in log that just need a tool box and I can't currently find a combination of items that will let me do the windmill job.  swamp poop

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: