Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:36:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8) 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  (Read 802073 times)
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #3535 on: January 28, 2010, 11:02:44 AM

Heh, I'm in the same town as him on W11.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:22:06 PM by Righ »

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3536 on: January 28, 2010, 11:07:39 AM

Just noticed there's now a vacation mode which means you can switch your account off for two months.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #3537 on: January 28, 2010, 06:12:32 PM

Oh wow, nostalgia  Heart This almost feels like the old little war with the douches from New Avalon :

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:24:07 PM by Aez »
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3538 on: January 29, 2010, 04:41:17 AM

Heh Striker attacked me too and missed every round. Fairplay to him though, at least he's not just pissing on weaker characters.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #3539 on: February 01, 2010, 06:44:59 PM

Hm, Trammel has some nice guns. Could I get an invite for some upgrades? (Kageru in game). After that happy to sit in whichever town has fewer active people. I could easily see us losing invite access to a town when the entire population is absent.

Getting attacked is almost like AFK levelling :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:47:08 PM by Kageru »

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3540 on: February 14, 2010, 10:32:07 AM

The Valentine's Day quest is  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS.

The "holiday" set gives a luck bonus (2% for the pieces given out so far).

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #3541 on: February 15, 2010, 12:12:53 PM

He buys jewellery for all the girls that look after his meat. Maya seems to be more attracted to the miners.  this guy looks legit

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3542 on: February 15, 2010, 04:07:09 PM

Can I get an invite back to BC on w8?  I think I've bought everything I'll ever need to buy, including the $15k max level fort gun.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3543 on: February 22, 2010, 07:39:02 AM

Hey Righ, are you gonna be active on w5 for a while?  I just noticed the town I went to buy my Schofield in has a bunch of set items I wouldn't mind having, but I don't wanna get locked out of Bat Country.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #3544 on: February 22, 2010, 09:58:46 AM

Yeah, you're good to go shopping on W5. W8 is the one where I may need to leave town soon to do some shopping.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3545 on: February 22, 2010, 10:02:33 AM

K, lemme know if you're planning on leaving or getting bored so I can zip back.  And speaking of w8, we need one of the founders to log in and promote somebody who's still playing.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #3546 on: February 22, 2010, 10:19:23 AM

I've settled into a happy routine of maintaining my West characters a couple of times a day. Except on W11, where I've got into playing it more frequently... and have been ranked in the top 15 for weeks. Grepolis is the one I'm already bored of.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #3547 on: March 19, 2010, 09:56:01 PM

One of the founders of an allied town on W11 has started a town on the new W12 server. He's electing to try and recruit people based on a fort fighting focus. I'm going to try it out - I've gone for pure mobility & swimming to level 11 to unlock rafting wood for rapid XP gain, then I plan on putting points in strength and leadership, with a point into aim every second level. At around level 45 I should unlock the big money steering a paddle steamer, and hopefully by then will be making major XP off fort battles. The only flaw I see is that the town will have pretty dismal dueling stats on its mortician (also dragging down the town ranking) until the fort fighters start improving their aim & dodge later in the game.

Same old game, slightly different play focus. Inquire with burnttoe @ The Legendary Army ! W12 if interested.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #3548 on: April 17, 2010, 07:23:35 AM

If anyone has a town on World 12 I could use an invite. I can't even do the stinkin' newbie quests without buying a donkey, it seems.

Edit -- wow, just read the post above. I am going to have to stop posting from work and when drinking.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 01:05:36 PM by CmdrSlack »

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3549 on: May 05, 2010, 11:48:47 PM

Just found a walking stick on w8 while ambushing stagecoaches.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS  And I'm 10 levels from being able to do every job in the game on that character.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #3550 on: May 06, 2010, 01:54:21 AM

Nice, I got the walking stick on w11 from robbing settlers.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #3551 on: May 09, 2010, 06:12:15 AM

Bazooko Circus finally under attack. Now that we're reduced to a couple of people, the furries are brave enough to take the fort.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #3552 on: May 09, 2010, 04:18:43 PM

Our allies at Crater Lake brought the people, I led the defence, we still have a fort. There's a thing.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3553 on: May 09, 2010, 07:03:57 PM

I walked over earlier on the way out, but didn't get home in time to press butan. Bloody unbelievable you managed to defend it  Thumbs up!

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #3554 on: May 10, 2010, 10:57:26 AM

They never introduced fort shops from what I can see, so forts are useless resource sinks?

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #3555 on: May 10, 2010, 04:57:23 PM

No, forts with completed barracks offer faster health and energy regeneration. Also, they provide fort battles, which can be worth up to 1500xp if you get a nice matched battle that lasts a while.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3556 on: May 12, 2010, 01:18:20 PM

Just received this.

"hey man im making u leader, i see a town close by thats ghost and has 32k points so im going for that. Good luck".

I'm now the single occupant of some random town called GR- Gold rush, soon to be named something else.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3557 on: May 23, 2010, 05:27:54 PM

So I'm almost at the point of being able to do every job on w8, and I think the final skill breakdown I've arrived at is interesting (not sure if it's optimal, but I'm pretty sure it's close because I'm about out of room to shift points around without losing some jobs).

Abilities:
Str 1
Mob 12
Dex 33
Cha 50

Skills: (skill points, not counting ability scores)
Stamina 105
Hiding 77
Shooting 75
Leadership 33

Interesting that three of the most "useful" job/quest skills are also used in fort battles, and the fourth is used in duelling.  One suspects that they didn't balance the usefulness of all the skills as well as they might have.   awesome, for real

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #3558 on: May 25, 2010, 10:17:28 AM

That would be a reasonable fort build... apart from the health. Provided you have a full gentleman's set, you should be able to do every job in five levels with all points in dex & shooting except for two more in leadership.

Shooting is staggeringly unbalanced. The fastest early XP is provided by raising swimming to be able to do rafting wood. However, doing a few choice quests is nearly as fast, and doesn't leave you with a heap of points to respec. A few levels later the fastest XP is from jobs that are opened with trapping or construction. So if you open up early XP jobs with dex + trapping and then immediately switch to shooting, moving points in trapping over to shooting as you level it is very fast. Most of the early high shooting jobs also have trapping so points aren't wasted and there is a comfortable long period to move stuff over. If you put around 20 points in each of trading, stamina and hiding and the rest in dex and shooting, you can do all but a couple of quests and open up robbing trains before level 70.

Dex + shooting builds are fairly crap at forts. You'll be a higher level than most people with the only skill of value being aim. You'll have so many high money jobs that your gear will be awesome though.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3559 on: May 25, 2010, 10:35:40 AM

So if you open up early XP jobs with dex + trapping and then immediately switch to shooting, moving points in trapping over to shooting as you level it is very fast.

That's precisely what I did on w5, and it worked pretty well.  Once all the trapping jobs in front of me also used shooting, I switched to shooting; now that all the shooting jobs in front of me also use hiding, I've switched to hiding.  Opened up robbing trains recently and that's been pretty awesome.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3560 on: May 31, 2010, 10:01:49 AM

Fort battles are really awesome when they're scheduled so that I can actually fight in them.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3561 on: June 18, 2010, 10:10:29 PM

Calico Ghost Town would like to join our fort.  I'm inclined to boot Rock Ridge to make room since their founders are all inactive.  Any objections?

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3562 on: June 18, 2010, 11:25:05 PM

Crater Lake were the guys who actually saved our fort the last time it was attacked. If you need to boot someone boot Trammel. We're pretty much completely inactive at this point.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3563 on: June 19, 2010, 12:25:06 AM

k, I'll drop Trammel for now.  Crater Lake is definitely staying, but if Trammel ever needs access to the fort in the future I'll drop Rock Ridge.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3564 on: June 19, 2010, 06:58:07 AM

I must have had a brain misfire and thought you meant Crater Lake. Trammel's probably still the best to boot though. There's only one person in it last time I looked. I left the town myself so that I could safely carry around more money for an eventual shopping trip.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3565 on: June 19, 2010, 01:50:37 PM

As of about a month ago you can deposit any amount of money in the bank, and you retain access to your bank account when you leave town (i.e. people with no town can still use banks in town, they just pay 20% fees on deposit).  My w8 character has about $30k in the bank and nothing left to spend it on.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3566 on: June 19, 2010, 05:15:22 PM

Oh very cool. I'll have to rejoin Trammel then.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #3567 on: June 22, 2010, 09:20:43 AM

The wife left Trammel a while back since there wasn't anything left to build, and started on "Ross" south of BC (named after some damn clothing store.)  Most of the gear that's popped isn't very good, but she got the dancer shoes I was after so I switched over as well.

Other than that, there's a surprisingly good selection of precise fort guns, but that's about it.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3568 on: June 22, 2010, 10:03:28 AM

I don't even bother switching towns to go shopping any more.   awesome, for real

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3569 on: June 22, 2010, 10:32:54 AM

Me neither. About all I do is log in once a day and do a few hours of grave robbing. I've moved most of my old construction points into Aim and Dodge so people who attack me sometimes get an unpleasant surprise.

The only reason I left town was that I was actually getting farmed by some idiot. I don't mind the occasional attack but I don't have any patience for being farmed anymore.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: The West (as of 3/09, Bat Country will be on World 8)  
Jump to: