Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:08:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Resubbed - damn it's well done 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Resubbed - damn it's well done  (Read 108596 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: July 26, 2009, 08:57:46 AM

There are also plenty of gnolls in the employ of humans and goblins.

Has anyone ever tried negotiating with a kobold?  Bring a box of candles with flint and tinder and I bet you've got a friend.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #246 on: July 26, 2009, 10:41:21 AM

Yeah, I somehow doubt that goblins would bother keeping them around if they just went "Woof?" and ate someone everytime you tried to make a deal with them.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: July 26, 2009, 10:54:17 AM

But don't take candle! 

AKA Gyoza
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: July 26, 2009, 10:58:14 AM

"Me smash! You die!"

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #249 on: July 26, 2009, 11:03:36 AM

"Me smash! You die!"

Sounds like a good start to a fruitful negotiaton.

Witty banter not included.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #250 on: July 26, 2009, 11:24:35 AM

Ogres aren't really even up for debate, given that there's been a (horde) player-friendly village of them with a flightpoint and everything forever.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: July 26, 2009, 12:44:30 PM

There's a couple of friendly ones in Goblin towns as well.  Ratchet and Mudsprocket.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: July 27, 2009, 02:59:06 AM

I've done mining/herbing on almost every toon except the last one I had where I attempted to get JC up and gave up in the late 200's.  I don't have to much of an issue with it.  You can get addon databases with all the placements anyway.

Me too. Everyone says "Take skinning instead!" but I run gathermate, put a toggle for tracking herbs/ore on a macro, and it hardly bothers me at all.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: July 27, 2009, 12:53:05 PM

But don't take candle! 

I don't know why but this made me laugh.

Also: how can you all quote goblins and not cite their best line, 'what can I do ya for?'

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #254 on: July 27, 2009, 01:08:22 PM

On a different note, I've been fooling around with a 70 warlock I had parked. Specced him full destro with improved imp, grabbed soul leech and replenishment, glyphs of conflag and immolate, and went to town. Had about 800 spell dmg self buffed.

Cast order is immo=>conf=>chaosbolt=> incinerate. Normal mobs die in 3 casts, 4 tops. Melee mobs  usually don't even get to me before they die. If fighting mobs under my level, the lock crits so damn much that I actually have to wait around for the CD on conflag and chaos bolt. Performance in instances is often limited to the tank's ability to generate threat, and, due to the glyph of conflag, pvp viability is pretty damn good. Even managed to fry a few 80's in world pvp, most of them affliction/demo warlocks.

Unfortunately, you simply can't match afflic's grinding speed. It's one mob at a time all the way. Since soul leech gives you a very respectable amount of health, you very seldomly need to stop=>LT=>bandage.

Fun to fool around. Managed to get from 70 to 75 during the weekend. Would suggest giving a run if you've a warlock parked. Sure as hell is nowhere as boring as playing a demo lock.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: July 27, 2009, 02:54:53 PM

Go Immo, Bolt, Confl, instead so you can blow people up in BGs.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #256 on: July 27, 2009, 02:56:04 PM

Confl first for the snare and for the cast time reduction on the others.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: July 27, 2009, 02:58:21 PM

100% to 0% =  awesome, for real

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: July 27, 2009, 03:02:22 PM

It's also tough to heal through.

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: July 27, 2009, 05:28:02 PM

I find demonology to be purely fucking psychotic at 70.  1.6 second cast Soulfire without a shard cost is sexy.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #260 on: July 27, 2009, 05:39:53 PM

Destro warlocks have that. It's called chaos bolt.  awesome, for real

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: July 27, 2009, 11:33:59 PM

Damn you Blizzard!  Why couldn't Destro locks have been decent back when I had one?  It is totally their fault I got drunk one night and deleted him  why so serious?

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: July 28, 2009, 12:43:33 AM

Wait, what?  Did you miss out on the SM/Ruin + negative resists thing?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: July 28, 2009, 02:11:52 AM

You could also probably get him back, Blizzard is pretty good about that sort.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: July 28, 2009, 04:22:48 AM

Affliction lock rocks.  No downtime and survivability is very very high.  I press 4 buttons and the mob is dead in a few seconds.  Mage does the same but the mage has to sit down after a few kills, the lock just LT's and goes for the next victim.  Destro is hella fun, Chaos Bolt ftw, but for me there was a bit of downtime.  Haven't tried Demon in a long while.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #265 on: July 28, 2009, 05:21:04 AM

Destro is hella fun, Chaos Bolt ftw, but for me there was a bit of downtime.

You were doing it wrong.

Gave afflic the spin.

Fuck.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.
At first I was worried because "they took my siphon life, maaan", so one less dps spell. First mob, haunt=> corr=> coa, second mob UA=>corr=>coa, third Haunt => corr =>coa, etc, just moving forward like an engine of doting destruction. Managed to nab 7 mobs and then had to stop to loot, since there no more mobs near enough. Ending at near full health and mana all the time.

Thanks to the awesomeness of dual spec, I don't think I've ever had this much fun on a lock. If I wanna go instancing I just switch to destro and break out 1.8k dps (hey, that's pretty damn good at 75 with quest gear :( ), and if I'm leveling, just go back to afflic. Makes me think that Blizzard should just give dual spec for free at 40.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 05:23:07 AM by Hindenburg »

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #266 on: July 28, 2009, 10:04:59 AM

Heh, might have to try out destro for some laughs.  Sounds like it plays like a more bursty version of my elemental shaman.  I'm mainly affliction with demo as a secondary.  I found it useful for soloing the elites in Nagrand and Netherstorm that tended to hit too hard to drain tank (TBC elites tend to be CC immune).

-Rasix
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #267 on: July 28, 2009, 10:45:10 AM

For the ones in nagrand a common trick was to rent an elite felguard from the forge camps. Warning: do not try this against the son of gruul. He'll eat the felguard, and then he'll eat you  Ohhhhh, I see.
---

WHO THE FUCK DECIDED TO GIVE DRUIDS BERSERK?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 01:11:37 PM by Hindenburg »

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: July 28, 2009, 04:46:34 PM

WHO THE FUCK DECIDED TO GIVE DRUIDS BERSERK?

My hero, that's who.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #269 on: July 28, 2009, 05:05:20 PM

Hey, I'd be fine with berserk in bear form, but in cat? A FEAR-IMMUNE ROGUE? Fuuuuck. Only warlocks and.... shamans don't have a way to escape from fear now.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: July 28, 2009, 05:20:05 PM

Tremor totem.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #271 on: July 28, 2009, 05:53:11 PM

Did they make that thing worth a damn too? Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Also, locks get devour magic with the felpup. I want a bubble.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: July 28, 2009, 07:54:24 PM

Voidwalker can give you a bubble.  Not as good as a Paladin's though, of course.

Over and out.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: July 28, 2009, 11:43:32 PM

Hey, I'd be fine with berserk in bear form, but in cat? A FEAR-IMMUNE ROGUE? Fuuuuck. Only warlocks and.... shamans don't have a way to escape from fear now.

Don't worry.  With my crappy playstyle gear my cat wailing on you would have about as much effect as it does on the screen door when it wants in.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #274 on: July 29, 2009, 05:52:23 AM

Voidwalker can give you a bubble.  Not as good as a Paladin's though, of course.
VW? For grinding and peeveepee? Seriously? GTFO.
That damn blueberry couldn't even tank Ursius, he is pathetic if untalented.
Pretty good for gathering those trolls near the ruin for molotovs, though.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: July 29, 2009, 08:22:32 AM

You said you wanted a bubble.  You have a bubble.  It's not my problem you don't like how to got your bubble.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #276 on: July 29, 2009, 08:48:41 AM

Fine. I want a block too. I wanna become encased in a block of shadow, protecting me from all physical attacks and spells for 10 sec, but during that time I cannot attack, move or cast spells. Also causes Shadowthermia, preventing me from recasting Shadow Block for 30 sec.

Do it. Do it nao.
Don't worry.  With my crappy playstyle gear my cat wailing on you would have about as much effect as it does on the screen door when it wants in.

I've 8.3k HP.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: July 29, 2009, 08:58:37 AM

The same thing happens when you go up against undead rogues (roughly 95.783% of the ganker population), fyi. Though at least you can root them with {nether|frost}weave nets after they use their two fear breaks...  awesome, for real

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: July 29, 2009, 09:07:44 AM

If you are 75 and only have 8.3K HP you're going to be fodder for anyone, a bubble isn't going to help that. You'll have a lot more HP at 80, don't worry.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #279 on: July 29, 2009, 09:16:57 AM

Oh, I'm well aware of that, but by then I'll have lost my excuse to cry. Optimal grinding gear does not come without some degree of sacrifice. I'm fine with that.

I still want shadow block, though.  awesome, for real

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Resubbed - damn it's well done  
Jump to: