Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:51:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra  (Read 97619 times)
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #315 on: August 13, 2009, 02:41:47 AM

My nerdrage is directed solely at the voice of cobra commander.  He's not fucking darth vader, it's a shrill, yelly voice.  Fuuuuuck you hollywood.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: August 14, 2009, 09:17:34 PM

Ice floats.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: August 14, 2009, 09:25:36 PM

My nerdrage is directed solely at the voice of cobra commander.  He's not fucking darth vader, it's a shrill, yelly voice.  Fuuuuuck you hollywood.

Actually, the best part is he did the voice spot on when he took off the breather.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: August 17, 2009, 06:32:47 AM

Ice floats.

Yeah, I had to turn my brain off for that part.  Told myself that all the huge slabs of ice must have been weighed down by all manner of machinery.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: August 17, 2009, 09:11:15 AM

I tried that.  I was all like, "Shut up brain, it's full of steel conduit." and then my brain was all like, "You mean air bubbles?"

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: August 17, 2009, 09:41:50 AM

Yeah, well maybe those air bubbles were packed with some invisible gas that's far heavier than regular air?  OMG WAIT.  They were also crawling with invisible nano-mites, and those things are pure metal.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #321 on: August 17, 2009, 11:06:21 AM

Ok, shut up all of you. This was an asskicker popcorn movie, with hot chicks fighting each other, and just barely not too much Marlon Wayans.

Really though, I quite enjoyed it. While it was full of braindead moments, I liked the fact that they tried to have an explanation or motivation behind each character, especially the bad guys - except maybe Zartan, who's motivation seemed to be that he liked stabbing people.

I think the biggest suprise for me was how much I didn't care for Eccelston, who I've loved in everything else he's done. I really think it was the atrocious accent.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: August 17, 2009, 11:28:29 AM

Yes.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: August 17, 2009, 11:32:52 AM

Ok, shut up all of you. This was an asskicker popcorn movie, with hot chicks fighting each other, and just barely not too much Marlon Wayans.

Despite making fun of the falling ice chunks, I agree with you.  I liked this movie a surprising amount.

Also, isn't that what a Scottish accent is supposed to sound like?

/runsforthehills

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: August 17, 2009, 11:36:19 AM

Watch Stargate Atlantis.  Watch the Doctor.

That's what it sounds like.

For special kicks, track down the episode where they're 'writing home' to love ones through the compression video camera.  See how he reacts when talking to his mum ?  That's what Scottish people sound AND feel like.

Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #325 on: August 26, 2009, 11:31:55 AM

Went last night with the wife.
Well as the token guy who normally likes all the explosion filled pop corn movies... I didnt really like this. I didnt not like but was more "meh" as an over all feeling about it.

The CG sucked. Flat out sucked. And normally Im not one to get all nerd bitchy about shit like that. That first scene where the Osprey jet rip offs were hovering down into the giant mechanical asshole in the sand...that couldnt have gotten any worse. There were a few scenes like that where the awfulness of the CG just leapt out at me.

Baroness versus Scarlett.......Scarlett wins hands down. Holy shit her red-haired-giant-tittiness had me turned on when the wife and I got home last night.

The sequel should be GI Joe: Scarlett in the Bikini Battle

Fake edit- Why doesnt spellcheck like "leapt"? Its a word.

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Broughden
Terracotta Army

I put the 'shill' in 'cockmonkey'.

Reply #326 on: August 26, 2009, 12:11:04 PM

Lust is thy name.....

The wave of the Reagan coalition has shattered on the rocky shore of Bush's incompetence. - Abagadro
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: August 27, 2009, 03:04:24 AM

Yum.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: August 27, 2009, 07:58:21 AM

The average ginger just doesn't do it for me, but this is the clear exception to the rule.  And she cleans up amazingly good.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #329 on: August 27, 2009, 05:48:58 PM

You mean like this? DRILLING AND MANLINESS

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: August 30, 2009, 01:59:22 PM

I saw this for free piggybacking off Inglorious Basterds.

I'm glad I did. Paying for it would has ruined what little entertainment that wasn't T&A appreciation that I got out of this film.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: November 23, 2009, 01:13:06 PM

I tried that.  I was all like, "Shut up brain, it's full of steel conduit." and then my brain was all like, "You mean air bubbles?"

You mean the fact that they actually went out of their way to point out in the movie that it was ice and steel by SAYING OUT LOUD that it was ice and steel wasn't enough?  Finally watched this on blue ray last night, loved it for the most part.  I specially liked Storm Shadow and Baroness basically waltzing into the super secret JOE fortress and walking out with the super secret bombs after kicking the shit out of everyone.   Hope it made enough money for a sequel.

I am the .00000001428%
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: November 23, 2009, 01:27:07 PM

"It had some steel in it." isn't really a very good answer, it's about the displacement.  You see?

Let me put it this way.  The ice was floating with the steel in it ALREADY.

Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: November 23, 2009, 01:41:03 PM

My biggest problem with the movie was when Heavy Duty said "Yo Joe!" it wasn't big enough. He just sorta kinda said it. I wanted a huge, drawn-out "YOOOOOOOOOO JOE!!!!!"

I loved how they didn't explain away nicknames. I hate that. "Wow, that scientist is a real...mind...BENDER!!!!!" No, his name was Doctor Mindbender, and that's that, like he was born with it.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: November 23, 2009, 02:09:23 PM

"It had some steel in it." isn't really a very good answer, it's about the displacement.  You see?

Let me put it this way.  The ice was floating with the steel in it ALREADY.

Which was part of the surface ice flow.  So once the chunks of steel and ice were blown free, there was less ice to help to keep it floating.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #335 on: November 23, 2009, 04:14:39 PM

I honestly think the recent G.I. Joe comic does a way better version of GI Joe getting started than this movie. It's not really any more realistic but the first storyline mostly consists of Snake Eyes out to prove that there's this super secret terrorist organisation called Cobra and goes rogue with Scarlet helping him and ensuing firefights and arrests of GI Joe rogue agents along with whole towns in America that are secretly Cobra run, etc. It's over the top and ridiculous but in a far more awesome way than this film was.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: November 23, 2009, 07:40:38 PM

Which was part of the surface ice flow.  So once the chunks of steel and ice were blown free, there was less ice to help to keep it floating.

I really don't think so, these things were ice mountains pretty much.  Displacing millions of tons of salt water (which is already more buoyant).  I don't think we ever saw near enough steel structure in the surface area to even come close to sinking them.  Add to the that the fact that none of the steel was solid, it's all hollow (conduits and building structures) and probably trapping air thus displacing more water for it's given mass I'm just not buying it.

I mean, steel ships with just a little air trapped in them sit and bob around on the surface for days while they are sinking.  Just saying it had steel in it doesn't cut it.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #337 on: December 18, 2009, 03:56:05 PM

Finally bothered to acquire this, yikes, terrible terrible movie.

+1 amazed I found a redhead so hot, I really loved those black plastic boob armor vests they kept putting her in.

Storm Shadow was way cooler then Snake Eyes and neither was as cool as they should have been considering they were ninjas.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: December 25, 2009, 06:41:08 PM

Watched it today thanks to Netflix.  It was a fun movie with hot chicks.  And they tried to have some character development anyway.  My expectations were pretty low, so I was pleasantly surprised.  Did I mention the hot chicks?  OMG the redhead, oh meow!  And yes, I liked it too when outnumbered Cobra agents break into the MAIN GIJoe base and kick ass.  Good job making the bad guys bad-ass!  Lastly, I really liked Cobra Commanders origin.  Didn't see it coming.

I never was a fan of the cartoon, but I would go see a sequel.  As long as the red-head keeps wearing skintight outfits!
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: October 21, 2010, 10:55:06 PM

Making this arise from the grave just to mention that it just went up on Netflix streaming.

So I was bored and watched it.

Hot chicks were hot.

Got confused because I remember Duke and Scarlett being an item as a kid so that was kinda weird. Marlon Wayons was less annoying than the guy who played Duke to me.

Overall enjoyed it because I was not expecting much.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #340 on: October 23, 2010, 11:59:07 PM

Got confused because I remember Duke and Scarlett being an item as a kid so that was kinda weird. Marlon Wayons was less annoying than the guy who played Duke to me.

Actually in the comics Scarlet and Snake Eyes were an item and he couldn't talk because he'd gotten a mouthful of flame while saving her life during a mission.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: October 25, 2010, 08:55:19 PM

So basically he was every woman's dream. Other than being horribly disfigured.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: October 25, 2010, 09:32:58 PM

Doesn't Snake Eyes even speak her name out loud when she's near death?

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra  
Jump to: