Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:21:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: 2008 Greeny Awards - F13 Warhammer Forums nominated! heh 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Greeny Awards - F13 Warhammer Forums nominated! heh  (Read 17242 times)
Bandit
Terracotta Army

on: January 07, 2009, 08:18:51 AM

http://thegreenskin.com/2009/01/05/accepting-nominations-for-2008-greeny-awards/

Found this pretty randomly, a Warhammer Blog "The Greenskin" nominated the graveyarded F13 Warhammer forums for "Favourite Warhammer Online Forum".  Made me chuckle to say the least.  Get your votes in  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 08:29:08 AM

If nothing else, the second wave may keep Schild busy for a few days.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
BitWarrior
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 08:41:12 AM

Ugh, how did f13 even make it on that list for a WAR forum? We don't really discuss it outside of how god-awful our experiences were with the game, and identify stupid decision after stupid decision made my Mythic.

Perhaps it's just me, and perhaps this is entirely hypocritical of me (well, it is), but I think the last thing people here want/need is another eternal September.

Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put.
Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 08:46:11 AM

Heh, nice.

Edit: Then I will be sure to keep my "thought about returning to DAOC" thread alive, so it's near the top when folks come to see the forum they see that one right up top!!  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 08:49:09 AM by Bismallah »
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 08:47:12 AM

I enjoy the optimism and updates on WAR.  I hope that this area stays alive and active for a while.  

Though most of us have given up on the game, I'd give it another shot if someone I respected the opinion of said it was worth giving another chance.  I went back to EQ2 for this reason and enjoyed the changes (albeit for a couple months).

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 08:49:11 AM

Had to be because of the slap fight with MBJ.

"Me am play gods"
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 08:55:38 AM

Depends on what do you want really.
As I've said many times, ORVR is there, but the amount of crowd control is too much. This is something they need to tone down a bit. Because most fights ended the moment massive CC are deployed.

Also, end game fortress is not really worth fighting for. There was one time Order trigger a fortress siege in my server, whole Destro ran over to defend it, but the attack never came. Shows you how much interest they had in doing it. It was just too laggy to be playable. ORVR without a clear victory objective is a very sad situation. :(

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 09:44:40 AM

Moving to MMOG discussion.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 09:45:10 AM

Obviously we must win, will bump when polls open.

Again, OBVIOUSLY, we should win.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 09:50:10 AM

schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 09:51:56 AM

I don't particularly care. It's just hilarious.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 09:53:52 AM

Ugh, how did f13 even make it on that list for a WAR forum?

#

Warhammer Online News Source:
Dabigwaagh (Devtracker+Heraldtracker=all I need)
dabigwaaagh.com

Warhammer Online Resource Site:
Curse WAR Addons
war.curse.com/downloads/addons
(what would we do without them?)

Warhammer Online Forum:
F13.net The Gaming Graveyard|Warhammer Online
http://forums.f13.net/index.php?board=86.0
(for the lulz)

Warhammer Online Blog:
Stunty Stomper
http://stuntystomper.blogspot.com/
(very well written, long entries and guides)

Warhammer Online Podcast:
Chaos Cast
(only one I listen to)

By Gaijin on Jan 5, 2009

From their comments section

edit: We don't seem to have anyone named Gaijin in the members list, then again, it's not that unusual a word.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 09:57:00 AM by K9 »

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 11:43:09 AM

Delete the forum just before the awards are given. That would be very amusing.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 04:00:26 PM

Mark Jacobs should really come up to the podium with us to co-accept the award. He was the wind beneath our wings.

Ubvman
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 10:46:32 PM

Ugh, how did f13 even make it on that list for a WAR forum? We don't really discuss it outside of how god-awful our experiences were with the game, and identify stupid decision after stupid decision made my Mythic.

For me, this nomination speaks volumes about the fact that you NEED official forums, if for nothing more than to keep this sort of thing happening. Really, the F13 WAR forums here are a festering hive of rampant negativity and cynicism about WAR and Mythic (justified or not). Having people pointed here to be exposed to extremely negative "word of mouth" about your game is just plain and avoidably stupid from a management POV. The absence of an official forum gives just about accords every site out there (crazed fanboi to haters) the same level of "credibility" to talk about the game. Its about completely losing control of whatever small ability to spin the positives about the game from supposedly neutral players in forums. 
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 11:01:23 PM

But on official forums, people say things about Mark he doesn't like. His feelings are accordingly hurt.  Where are your priorities, Ubvman? 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 11:02:07 PM

For me, this nomination speaks volumes about the fact that you NEED official forums, if for nothing more than to keep this sort of thing happening. Really, the F13 WAR forums here are a festering hive of rampant negativity and cynicism about WAR and Mythic (justified or not). Having people pointed here to be exposed to extremely negative "word of mouth" about your game is just plain and avoidably stupid from a management POV. The absence of an official forum gives just about accords every site out there (crazed fanboi to haters) the same level of "credibility" to talk about the game. Its about completely losing control of whatever small ability to spin the positives about the game from supposedly neutral players in forums. 
I don't know what you're talking about. Until the game went south it very much _wasn't_ a hive of rampant negativity. Criticism, sure, but you're not going to find much anything constructive in official forums either. Well, you will, but you have to dig and that's what a community manager and their team is for. Basically though, it's a crock of shit to say it was somehow terrible. It was active and useful, very useful, until everyone starting hitting T3. If anything, it's exactly indicative of the problems Mythic was having IN-GAME whether the forums were official or not. Just because it took other forums a few more weeks to catch on, and most of WHA and some other big ones never did, doesn't somehow make our forum more or less negative. It just makes us better at being a group of people who know what the hell is going on in any particular game.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 11:12:21 PM

Heh, nice.

Edit: Then I will be sure to keep my "thought about returning to DAOC" thread alive, so it's near the top when folks come to see the forum they see that one right up top!!  awesome, for real

I can rant and reminiscence about DaoC for pretty much forever, I'll help!   awesome, for real

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 12:34:29 AM

As I've said many times, ORVR is there, but the amount of crowd control is too much. This is something they need to tone down a bit. Because most fights ended the moment massive CC are deployed.

Weren't they saying at one point that CC was just NOT going to be in their game? I swear I remember commenting in a thread discussing it here. Maybe it was for AoC.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 01:27:57 AM

Yeah, along with stealth, BOP and even a hint that levels might not play such an important part, oh and gear won't be that important.  Crafting was meant to be great as well.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 02:13:02 AM

Weren't they saying at one point that CC was just NOT going to be in their game? I swear I remember commenting in a thread discussing it here. Maybe it was for AoC.

I play destruction and I wasn't suffering the worst of it. Let me just explain to you one aura of Chosen that literally is an Aura of Lag.
Every skill you perform will take additional 0.5 sec to trigger. This will affect hostiles within 30 Ft, irresistible and centers around the Chosen. Imagine meleeing with 0.5 sec cast bar that never goes away until the Chosen dies. If that wasn't bad enough, it seems every melee class in Destruction arsenal has some form of CC. Marauder has aoe disorient (Moar Lag on instant moves), Witch Elves has knockdown, Chosen with aoe knockdown 65ft Cone forward, you get the idea. And most of them are on 20 sec cooldown only. The Aura of Lag has NONE. It's permanent till the Chosen dies or flip to another aura.

Now all the above + 2-5 second lag in Fortress siege.
Do you still want to take over that fortress?  why so serious?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 02:40:36 AM

That is pretty WTF worthy, but it still didn't catch my attention like the Mortal Strike Aura did  swamp poop

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 05:17:14 AM

That is pretty WTF worthy, but it still didn't catch my attention like the Mortal Strike Aura did  swamp poop
it would be great if people actually 'Felt' it, but there were some bug reports that the particular aura gave 25% healing bonus instead  why so serious?
so i didn't bother using it lmao.

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 07:56:39 AM

it would be great if people actually 'Felt' it, but there were some bug reports that the particular aura gave 25% healing bonus instead  why so serious?

You're talking about 2 different auras. He's talking about Corrupting Horror. You're talking about Discordant Turbulence.  swamp poop F13 continues to be a one-sided and mostly uninformed source of WAR info.  rolleyes

But the OP is still hilarious.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 08:45:05 AM

You're talking about 2 different auras. He's talking about Corrupting Horror. You're talking about Discordant Turbulence.  swamp poop F13 continues to be a one-sided and mostly uninformed source of WAR info.  rolleyes

But the OP is still hilarious.

sigh. no.
i know what's he's talking about. mortal strike is that healing reduction effect right?
 i ran with those a couple of time and couldnt' 'feel the effect' so to speak. At one point I went to WAR forum and read some people reporting increased healing with it the aura turned on, so I decided not to bother anymore and just twist resist booster & 0.5 sec aura of lag in RVR.

The hell am I being misinformed or one-sided about?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009, 04:24:39 PM

I was indeed talking about the healing reduction aura. Its the one that when WAR was being released and all the info was coming out, that made me go " awesome, for real".

Sophismata
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 01:21:15 AM

It's OK, because as it turned out, a bug made that aura actually increase enemy healing, instead of decreasing it.

"You finally did it, you magnificent bastards. You went so nerd that even I don't know WTF you're talking about anymore. I salute you." - WindupAtheist
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 08:25:31 AM

Get yer votes in!

Warhammer Alliance 93%
VN Boards 5%
F13.net 2%
All others (Allakhazam, Warhammer Conflict) 0%
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 08:10:19 PM

We're up to 9% now.

Just 12% behind VN, then we become the second best warhammer forum IN THE WORLD.

Bet you never thought you'd see that sentence in black and white.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 01:03:50 AM

9% behind the Vault.

Also, we're already the first best warhammer site IN THE WORLD, the world just doesn't know it yet.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 03:43:15 AM

Clearly you need to make this as public as possible so we can steal away Warhammer Alliance's first place position.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 05:01:08 AM

18% for Vault vs 10% for f13!
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 08:02:33 AM

How do I vote? I didn't see a button to click.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 08:14:23 AM

- Viin
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 12:07:59 PM

18% for Vault vs 10% for f13!

12% now   /flex
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: 2008 Greeny Awards - F13 Warhammer Forums nominated! heh  
Jump to: