Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:51:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102190 times)
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #11900 on: October 30, 2011, 11:14:25 AM

Never understood why people liked them.
Same reasons people like Asari.

edit: surprised the Jawa aren't a choice, though. I mean, that's one species for which tossing around oil tanks would be totally in character.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:16:21 AM by tmp »
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11901 on: October 30, 2011, 11:19:01 AM

There were some male Twileks around (Jabba the Hutt's doorman, I seem to recall).  You just looked right past them for the hot slaves (Leia's predecessor as chain-slut, for example).

--Dave

Bib Fortuna was a twilek. An ugly one, but a twilek nonetheless.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #11902 on: October 30, 2011, 11:19:46 AM

My Trooper is PROBABLY going to be a Human, unless something changes and impresses me.
Does it really make any difference for a trooper? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11903 on: October 30, 2011, 11:27:18 AM

NPC's can have different reactions/dialogues with you depending on species, so yea it can make a difference.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #11904 on: October 30, 2011, 11:30:03 AM

I thought all troopers were inherently the same race as they are all the same maori lookin dude.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11905 on: October 30, 2011, 11:33:05 AM

10k years in the future or whatever, yea, they are all Jango Fett clones.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11906 on: October 30, 2011, 11:55:41 AM

3K years, but yeah.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11907 on: October 30, 2011, 11:58:20 AM

My Trooper is PROBABLY going to be a Human, unless something changes and impresses me.
Does it really make any difference for a trooper? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

You can turn helmets off, so I guess so.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11908 on: October 30, 2011, 12:03:10 PM

I keep my helmet on, make no mistake about it. Like, why even be a Trooper if you aren't going to wear the bucket? It will even give your voice that radio talk filter when you wear it.  Heart

But there are scenes where it forces it off, and the stuff I mentioned before with how NPC's react to you.

tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #11909 on: October 30, 2011, 12:08:03 PM

I keep my helmet on, make no mistake about it. Like, why even be a Trooper if you aren't going to wear the bucket?
Yeah, srsly. Switching it off would be like, defeating the point of being a trooper in the first place.

If it gets forced off then it kinda sucks... or is it only to avoid things like ME's Shepard drinking through the helmet glass?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11910 on: October 30, 2011, 12:12:26 PM

I keep my helmet on, make no mistake about it. Like, why even be a Trooper if you aren't going to wear the bucket?
Yeah, srsly. Switching it off would be like, defeating the point of being a trooper in the first place.

If it gets forced off then it kinda sucks... or is it only to avoid things like ME's Shepard drinking through the helmet glass?

Pretty much. That and when it's time to make with the ROMANCE!

Though I am a little sad I can't walk into the bedroom wearing nothing BUT my bucket.  why so serious?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #11911 on: October 30, 2011, 12:28:20 PM

Maybe with the special edition you'll get a mini-bucket.  awesome, for real

Over and out.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #11912 on: October 30, 2011, 12:38:21 PM

So no racial abilities or bonuses?  Looked on the main site and didn't see any. 
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11913 on: October 30, 2011, 12:42:03 PM

There will be racials, but they won't have a impact on combat, just flavor/social/RP stuff. I think there was a Dev Blog or video where they mentioned that. damned if i can find it now though.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #11914 on: October 30, 2011, 12:49:04 PM

I'm not a fan of Wookiees.  Bothans yes.

There was a nearly all-Bothan city on Starsider.  Alya'starn.  95% of the 200 or so residents were Bothan.

And here I thought I was the only one who fucking hates Twileks.  Never understood why people liked them.
I've never liked them, either.  The only exception was some red EU Jedi figure with tribal tattoos I thought made for a nice pattern.  I didn't like her enough to buy the figure though.

Asajj Ventress on the other hand I have two of.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #11915 on: October 30, 2011, 01:54:22 PM

Funny note: last build there was no Wookiee voiced dialogue in the game. So any talking Wookiees used placeholder gibberish dialogue from other alien races.

It sounded hilarious.
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #11916 on: October 30, 2011, 02:09:47 PM

So my dream of roleplaying a female twi'lek dancer slave is alive and well? Awesome!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11917 on: October 30, 2011, 02:17:44 PM

The only race I know I'm not interested in is Zabrak. The BH might wind-up as a Cyborg, depending on how they look.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #11918 on: October 30, 2011, 02:22:57 PM

The only race I know I'm not interested in is Zabrak. The BH might wind-up as a Cyborg, depending on how they look.

It's a human with shit on their face. 
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11919 on: October 30, 2011, 03:19:31 PM

I'm not a fan of Wookiees.  Bothans yes.

There was a nearly all-Bothan city on Starsider.  Alya'starn.  95% of the 200 or so residents were Bothan.

And here I thought I was the only one who fucking hates Twileks.  Never understood why people liked them.
I've never liked them, either.  The only exception was some red EU Jedi figure with tribal tattoos I thought made for a nice pattern.  I didn't like her enough to buy the figure though.

Asajj Ventress on the other hand I have two of.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

The twilek was Darth Talon. I sort of lost my feel for Asajj when they retconned her to a nightsister reject.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #11920 on: October 30, 2011, 03:24:17 PM

I'm not against playing a Zabrak, I played one in SWG.  But them and Sith Purebloods will be vast.  VAST.

Edit:  Spelling.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:33:09 PM by Tannhauser »
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11921 on: October 30, 2011, 03:32:00 PM

I'm not against playing a Zabrak, I played on in SWG.  But them and Sith Purebloods will be vast.  VAST.

You can't make up for your lack of real world badassery if you play anything else.

Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #11922 on: October 30, 2011, 05:44:54 PM

I thought all troopers were inherently the same race as they are all the same maori lookin dude.

Once Were Warriors:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZw6K1kconc

Temuera Morrison made Attack of the Clones a tad more sinister for me.  And Lucas turned even him to solid wood.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #11923 on: October 30, 2011, 09:02:54 PM

Once Were Warriors:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZw6K1kconc

Temuera Morrison made Attack of the Clones a tad more sinister for me.  And Lucas turned even him to solid wood.

It makes sense that Maoris are the most bad-ass humanoid race in the galaxies.

He also played Abin Sur in the "Green Lantern" film, just to rub it in.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #11924 on: October 30, 2011, 09:56:31 PM

And Lucas turned even him to solid wood.

Might as well play to your strengths I guess.

I'm beginning to wonder if half the fondness for Star wars is because the originals mark a period where grand new stories were being spun. Whereas the current trawling of the comic book genre, remakes or sequels of old movies and adding 3D effects to everything marks a period of movies as easily consumable product for the mass market. Which of course includes the most recent set of star wars movies themselves.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #11925 on: October 30, 2011, 11:16:55 PM

Well, you have to realise that the Godawful crappy wooden acting in the recent bullshit was exactly the way Lucas wanted it..

Also, Lucas didn't have total creative control of the original films. There were people there able to override Lucas's bullshit and his wife rewrote his scripts so they made sense. And Lucas had relatively little to do with The Empire Strikes Back...

Hic sunt dracones.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #11926 on: October 31, 2011, 03:24:17 AM

Well, you have to realise that the Godawful crappy wooden acting in the recent bullshit was exactly the way Lucas wanted it..

Also, Lucas didn't have total creative control of the original films. There were people there able to override Lucas's bullshit and his wife rewrote his scripts so they made sense. And Lucas had relatively little to do with The Empire Strikes Back...

We cannot have this conversation again - especially with WUA being absent.

But, as a little anecdote, my 5 yo son recently sat down to watch Revenge of the Sith. Some context: he sat enthralled through Star Wars, ESB and even enjoys the Clone Wars cartoons. But his school friends had been talking about General Grievous and he kept pestering me to see the film with him in. So I put it on.

I realised less than half way through the film that he was bored out of his tiny little mind.  That to me says more about the quality of RotS than any nerd-wrangling on this forum.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #11927 on: October 31, 2011, 06:24:00 AM

I've seen each film of the prequel trilogy probably more times individually than the entire OT put together (thanks to keeping my dad company while they kept being re-played what seemed like every week on Spike last year), and I remember precisely dick about each movie aside from snippets of setpieces.

Yet I can remember pretty much the entirety of each of the OT films scene for scene, despite having seen none of them in the past four or five years.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11928 on: October 31, 2011, 06:31:39 AM

I'd mark that down more to age than quality of films.  You see shit as a kid you remember it now matter how good or bad because of the way the brain works that young.   I can still list all the original Transformers names and know names of kids I haven't seen in ages from Elementary school but have a hard time remembering where each project I'm working on is at without keeping a list.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #11929 on: October 31, 2011, 07:44:30 AM

I'd have to disagree. Star Wars is an incredibly well crafted SF adventure. Empire added in a lot of real drama. They are quite good films. The rest are pretty much disposable. I don't remember Revenge Return any more than I remember the newer ones--though at least I can remember the title.

I do think that part of SWG's failure was that it was based on an older (well my) generation's childhood understanding of the series as being about blasters and x-wings, rather than the younger generation's understanding that the series was about massed number of jedi running around with light sabers.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #11930 on: October 31, 2011, 07:53:42 AM

Pretty much. That and when it's time to make with the ROMANCE!

Though I am a little sad I can't walk into the bedroom wearing nothing BUT my bucket.  why so serious?

Yep. Nothing but a helmet and space boots!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #11931 on: October 31, 2011, 07:55:51 AM

I'd have to disagree. Star Wars is an incredibly well crafted SF adventure. Empire added in a lot of real drama. They are quite good films. The rest are pretty much disposable. I don't remember Revenge Return any more than I remember the newer ones--though at least I can remember the title.

I do think that part of SWG's failure was that it was based on an older (well my) generation's childhood understanding of the series as being about blasters and x-wings, rather than the younger generation's understanding that the series was about massed number of jedi running around with light sabers.

Nah, there were fights from go about the availability of jedi. And as someone who's old enough to remember seeing the original trilogy in theaters, Star Wars was as much about jedi and lightsabers to me as it was about blasters and X-Wings.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11932 on: October 31, 2011, 08:16:59 AM

At launch, swg didn't have X-wings either. It had pretty much no connection to star wars beyond the ability to look like a wookie.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11933 on: October 31, 2011, 08:41:43 AM

Bioware does SW better than Lucas. There should just be some legal ruling to give them the IP ownership. The smuggler with a wookiee companion is more SW than the prequels. HK is a welcome addition to the canon, maybe the best addition since the 80s.

As far as the movies go, the two things that stand out for me were the original casting videos and an interview with Irving Kirschner.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #11934 on: October 31, 2011, 09:47:29 AM

I don't remember Revenge Return any more than I remember the newer ones--though at least I can remember the title.
You might be trying to suppress the memories of Ewoks.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: