Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 04:11:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102082 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8820 on: August 05, 2011, 07:03:31 AM

I did not want to see your slick willy.

You never do!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #8821 on: August 05, 2011, 08:00:52 AM

Holy shit. What a lot of sturm und drang over something that's already been seen in other games.  Champions and DC Universe have environmental objects you can toss around -- maybe not with "force" powers, but it's still doable. It's like someone ordering a pizza asks the server about getting different toppings on their slice and some tight ass customer in the restaurant, who may have worked in a pizza place at one time in the past, starts bitching loudly about how the whole goddamn world wants a little variety but it shouldn't be allowed because it might cause the fucking pizza place to burn down. DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #8822 on: August 05, 2011, 08:01:42 AM

Nothing more immersion-breaking than seeing someone pull a piece of engine junk out of the floor of a starship.
How about just changing to some kind of force energy ball or something? Oil tanks, heh.

A bucket of awesome.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8823 on: August 05, 2011, 08:29:21 AM

Champions and DC Universe have environmental objects

And both those games suck and are failures.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8824 on: August 05, 2011, 08:41:19 AM

Yes, and they were designed with failure numbers in mind and sold primarily on their actiony action.

edit:  My point being, I don't think you're going to see this in a game designed for mass market and especially when it applies to ONE SPELL.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 08:49:07 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #8825 on: August 05, 2011, 08:45:22 AM

Champions and DC Universe have environmental objects

Ergo, there is no lesson that can possibly be learned from them.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8826 on: August 05, 2011, 08:58:56 AM

They weren't failures. Few mmo are.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #8827 on: August 05, 2011, 11:12:36 AM

When you polish a car you aren't touching the engine, you're just making the body sparkle.

Obviously someone here has never refinished the cylinder walls/sleeves in an engine.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8828 on: August 05, 2011, 11:30:35 AM

Yes, and they were designed with failure numbers in mind and sold primarily on their actiony action.

edit:  My point being, I don't think you're going to see this in a game designed for mass market and especially when it applies to ONE SPELL.

I don't like the spell and I'm taking the time to be completely irrational about it. Why? Because it's ridiculous looking. There's no reason for it in the game, so much so that it's literally become of the laughing-stock focal point of comic jibes. It's not about immersion because I think we all know that's just silly to argue about it.

To me, that one particular spell that we will undoubtedly see spammed in every single fight over and over will make me want to turn off all spell effects just so I don't have to deal with it flying at my target. But then I will probably miss the ground fire.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #8829 on: August 05, 2011, 11:32:47 AM

Just have it fall out of the sky like you're putting in GTA cheat codes.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #8830 on: August 05, 2011, 11:39:14 AM

So I guess this horrifying spell is going to stop you guys from buying the game right?
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #8831 on: August 05, 2011, 11:47:47 AM

Jedi Consular page now updated!

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/classes/jedi-consular

Also, focus on: the Trandoshan Qyzen Fess, one of his/her companions:

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/biographies/qyzen-fess

...Mirialan (playable race, especially attuned to the Force):

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/inhabitants/mirialan

...And finally a class video (Nautolan companion?):

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/jedi-consular

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #8832 on: August 05, 2011, 11:48:18 AM

So I guess this horrifying spell is going to stop you guys from buying the game right?

Oh shut the fuck up.  You can buy it, love it, and still bitch about it.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8833 on: August 05, 2011, 11:55:43 AM

I don't really care, they likely tried my suggestion ( And many more I'm sure ) and went with this one for some reason we will never know.  I just like brainstorming such things.

My list of complaints are larger than this issue!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #8834 on: August 05, 2011, 12:00:08 PM

Oh absolutely. And there's nothing even slightly silly about massive dramatic whining over a spell nobody outside of beta has even seen outside of a few clips.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8835 on: August 05, 2011, 12:26:02 PM

Oh absolutely. And there's nothing even slightly silly about massive dramatic whining over a spell nobody outside of beta has even seen outside of a few clips.

1 - A turd looks like a turd, no matter if you see it in person or in a picture.
2 - Nice high ground post about massive whining on a gaming forum.
3 - Eat a dick.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8836 on: August 05, 2011, 12:39:37 PM

Jedi Consular page now updated!
About damn time, the forum whining was reaching a fevered pitch "Oh you've updated BHs TWICE without updating Consulars!!!!" Oh go toss a tank, ya buncha oiltankers.

Still no progression video, haha.

edit: maybe the progression video can show increasingly more bejeweled oiltanks.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #8837 on: August 05, 2011, 01:08:32 PM

You aren't reading the actual official forums are you Sky?  What's their position on the horrifying oil tank spell controversy?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8838 on: August 05, 2011, 01:09:22 PM

Theoretically I should be all over consular, as they should be the best class for throwing stormtroopers off of things, which is the main reason for playing any star wars game. But the weak ass sabre stance and the whole oil tank fiasco really puts you off. That video isn't actually terrible compared to how these guys look in the other videos.

Also, I really dislike the way the robes animate on consulars and inquisitors. CoH did loose clothing better in 2004.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #8839 on: August 05, 2011, 01:41:11 PM

Story-wise, Consular is my first choice for the Republic, just like Imperial Agent is for the Sith Empire;

(what follows are entirely personal considerations, of course)

* Regarding the Republic:

- Jedi Knights will be overused; also, I'm more interested in the Force aspect of the Jedis (Midi-what? :P), not simply being on the frontlines as a Knight.
- Trooper, for the same reason, gives me too much a "infantry frontline plot" idea to appeal me ;
- Smuggler: I fear it will be too "Han Solo" cliched, in a cheesy way. Hope I'm wrong ;

* Sith Empire:

- Sith Warrior: see Jedi Knights above ;
- Bounty Hunter: Might be my second choice for the Empire; looks like it's not gonna be a boring class to use;
- Sith Inquisitor: yep, interesting, but first I'll play its Republic mirror-class, anyway.

Imperial Agent sounds very interesting to me because a) it's outside the usual SW archetypes, so Bioware may get a little more creative with them; b) I like infiltration/secret ops/snipers characters in general.

Of course I'll probably try them all sooner or later to check out the gameplay, but I'm doing my best to totally ignore the usual Diku MMO class classification (which I hate, by the way) for this title, I just want to enjoy the stories.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #8840 on: August 05, 2011, 01:47:41 PM

You aren't reading the actual official forums are you Sky?  What's their position on the horrifying oil tank spell controversy?
Not really. But there seems to be pretty much positive reception of it. Not that folks posting on an official board pre-launch should be listened to whatsoever. It's great for a laugh, though.

I was thinking about a consular, but it's the one time I would want a macro. So I could macro the throw ability with me yelling "OILTANK!" Or maybe "The Force is strong with BP!" Or maybe the classic "You've contaminated your own oil fields, Sith, you'll not contaminate mine!"
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8841 on: August 05, 2011, 01:53:16 PM

Beating a Dead Horse I think at this point it's going around the bend and becoming iconic.  Oiltanks that is.  The linked video features the Consular ripping one out of bedrock in the final climatic scene.

Either that or they are fucking with us (specifically us in this thread).

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #8842 on: August 05, 2011, 02:17:02 PM

Beating a Dead Horse I think at this point it's going around the bend and becoming iconic.  Oiltanks that is.  The linked video features the Consular ripping one out of bedrock in the final climatic scene.

Either that or they are fucking with us (specifically us in this thread).

*watches the video* Lol, that's what this "controversy" is about? *rolls eyes and snickers*

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8843 on: August 05, 2011, 02:23:14 PM

The video showed it once and implied it was only an occasional thing, other walkthrough videos would make you think the oil tank was the primary function of the consular.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #8844 on: August 05, 2011, 02:33:38 PM

Story-wise, Consular is my first choice for the Republic, just like Imperial Agent is for the Sith Empire;
Get out of my head :/
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #8845 on: August 05, 2011, 03:27:21 PM

Get out of my head :/

NO U ! :P

(hey, don't look at me like that: between "oil tanks" gate, figuring how to download a 138GB client, conceal vague references to an evil beta leak website and general horse beating, we have to reach page 300 and 10.000 posts somehow before NDA drops :P)

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #8846 on: August 05, 2011, 03:33:33 PM

I can promise to do my part by railing against our oil tank tossing overlords.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #8847 on: August 05, 2011, 04:39:13 PM

Don't make me toss the can at you.  I can toss the can.  I'll do it!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8848 on: August 05, 2011, 04:42:31 PM

I am going to spam the shit out of those oil cans every chance I get.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8849 on: August 05, 2011, 04:43:05 PM

While I shoot you with my healing bullets.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8850 on: August 05, 2011, 05:23:53 PM

You should be shooting me with healing bullets!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #8851 on: August 05, 2011, 05:38:55 PM

4550 BBY: The great Oil Tank Wars leave the surfaces of nearly all habitable planets strewn with uniformly manufactured metal containers,
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #8852 on: August 05, 2011, 06:13:52 PM

Who even cares about Jedi? Female trooper femshep for great justice.

Also unanswered questions for me are:
-Monthly cost?
-How long is each characters storyline before you get dumped into every class quests?
-What is max level in this game?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #8853 on: August 05, 2011, 06:36:22 PM

I misread this as healing boobs and was more entertained.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #8854 on: August 05, 2011, 07:26:10 PM

I'm not going to hold my breath on you tanking. You'll fall in love with the shittiest spec the trooper has and never let it go.

God Save the Horn Players
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: