Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:22:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102457 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #7945 on: July 19, 2011, 03:39:22 PM

What's a Nubian?  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #7946 on: July 19, 2011, 03:57:56 PM

I'm not following SWTOR that close, but someone was referring a NDA earlier in the client size discussion. So, yes?

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #7947 on: July 19, 2011, 04:00:11 PM

The STAP is more of a single person hover platform.  It's Clone Wars era.
DO NOT WANT SW SEGWAY

My cousin Todd says it's a dollar a GB for the collectors edition. So like $450.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7948 on: July 19, 2011, 04:01:56 PM

It's not a segway.

Segways throw their riders over cliffs..

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7949 on: July 19, 2011, 04:28:50 PM

A great many of the SWTOR videos feature people being thrown off of cliffs. So you don't know that the Space-Segway doesn't do the same.

Anyway, fuck all CE items that are not mouse droids. They all always end up being pointless or cheat modes. Or both.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7950 on: July 19, 2011, 04:47:27 PM

Why are we not showing the picture of the collectors edition contents?   That doesn't have anything to do with the NDA.

Because your workplace is blocking wherever it's hosted.  I see it fine.

No I posted the second pic of the contents inside the CE box.   Figurine, discs, box etc.   Some mod nuked the post though.   I was just curious why.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7951 on: July 19, 2011, 04:49:47 PM

I'm not following SWTOR that close, but someone was referring a NDA earlier in the client size discussion. So, yes?

Hey guys, I haven't read a single post in this thread do you think that MMOG that Bioware are working on might be a star wars title?

KOTORO maybe?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7952 on: July 19, 2011, 04:53:12 PM

Aaaand Neo Bastila is Satele, Bastila's Granddaughter.

Interesting. Course the real question being, who is her Grandfather?

(I'm voting for HK)

According to the the Aurabesh on the SWTOR site, Revan.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7953 on: July 19, 2011, 04:58:55 PM

According to the the Aurabesh on the SWTOR site, Revan.

I hope nobody actually thought a POS game written by Chris Avellone was going to be considered canon.  why so serious?

Let's shoot for 300 pages here.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7954 on: July 19, 2011, 05:11:19 PM

Why are we not showing the picture of the collectors edition contents?   That doesn't have anything to do with the NDA.

Because your workplace is blocking wherever it's hosted.  I see it fine.

No I posted the second pic of the contents inside the CE box.   Figurine, discs, box etc.   Some mod nuked the post though.   I was just curious why.

You mean this one that I see here on the wife's laptop so I know it's not just saved in my work cache?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7955 on: July 19, 2011, 05:20:06 PM

Ok I guess I skipped a page or something.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #7956 on: July 19, 2011, 05:24:05 PM

Didn't the same set of people whine about the alleged install size and how it would destroy their computer like 40 pages ago? Head scratch

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #7957 on: July 19, 2011, 05:36:47 PM

What's this NDA bullshit about?! Is the beta up and running, or what?

It is, but it's still under NDA. That NDA has been blown to bits all over the fucking internet like Wikileaks, but hasn't revealed anything worth giving a damn about unless you're so hardcore that you care about how many sliders there are to control asscheek size at character creation and shit like that. Nevertheless, we're pretending none of that happened because... I don't know but it's not worth getting excited about. Yes it's Space WoW with Mass Effect conversation scenes, exactly like everyone knew it would be from day one.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7958 on: July 19, 2011, 09:56:02 PM

It is, but it's still under NDA. That NDA has been blown to bits all over the fucking internet like Wikileaks, but hasn't revealed anything worth giving a damn about unless you're so hardcore that you care about how many sliders there are to control asscheek size at character creation and shit like that. Nevertheless, we're pretending none of that happened because... I don't know but it's not worth getting excited about. Yes it's Space WoW with Mass Effect conversation scenes, exactly like everyone knew it would be from day one.

Except that I'll play this whereas I wouldn't touch WoW with your dick.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7959 on: July 19, 2011, 10:10:00 PM

Why are you holding his dick?  ACK!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #7960 on: July 19, 2011, 10:14:48 PM

More fool you.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7961 on: July 19, 2011, 11:10:59 PM

Why are you holding his dick?  ACK!

Comes free with a lifetime sub to Star Trek Online.

-Rasix
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #7962 on: July 19, 2011, 11:16:15 PM

Yes it's Space WoW with Mass Effect conversation scenes, exactly like everyone knew it would be from day one.

If you look back at the early pages of this thread, expectations on day 1 were actually quite a bit different.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7963 on: July 19, 2011, 11:42:43 PM

The thread was just all "Bioware AUSTIN lul lul lulz" then.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #7964 on: July 19, 2011, 11:51:44 PM

Admittedly, my expectations for the Live Team are still along those lines.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7965 on: July 20, 2011, 12:08:13 AM

More fool you.

Sez you. My estimation of WoW has been that it's audiovisual ass since beta.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7966 on: July 20, 2011, 12:23:42 AM

Aaaand Neo Bastila is Satele, Bastila's Granddaughter.

Interesting. Course the real question being, who is her Grandfather?

(I'm voting for HK)

It's Carth.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7967 on: July 20, 2011, 12:37:44 AM

More fool you.

Sez you. My estimation of WoW has been that it's audiovisual ass since beta.

Adding passable graphics/sound and some kind of reason to grind through quests to wow is a fairly significant thing. I mean, you don't play Dragon Age purely for the awesome combat mechanics. As others have said - still plenty of room to bring this down to WoW's level pre and post launch if they lose their nerve and decide that what the world really needs is another game about shallow and characterless raids.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #7968 on: July 20, 2011, 01:45:46 AM

I think the "this isn't an MMO and they're just calling it that to get subscriptions" stuff carried on for dozens of page.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7969 on: July 20, 2011, 01:51:19 AM

I'm going to leave this here and let hater's hate.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7970 on: July 20, 2011, 06:34:14 AM

Pre-order Thursday! Let's all get drunk!
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7971 on: July 20, 2011, 08:04:43 AM

Please don't fire Sandra, Ea. Thanks.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7972 on: July 20, 2011, 08:06:46 AM

Comes ..... to Star Trek Online.

This would be hilarious if I could just refrain from picturing it mentally. Please let no one here ever buy WUP a webcam for his birthday.
Tearofsoul
Terracotta Army

Reply #7973 on: July 20, 2011, 08:26:54 AM

I just tried the EA support chat, No ETA on pre-order is what they told me  ACK!
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #7974 on: July 20, 2011, 08:32:50 AM

There seems to be a lot of hype over this.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7975 on: July 20, 2011, 08:38:41 AM

Outlawedprod
Terracotta Army

Reply #7976 on: July 20, 2011, 10:11:18 AM

A source claiming to have knowledge of EA's plans for Star Wars: The Old Republic tells Kotaku that pre-orders for the game will begin this Thursday, July 21 at 2am CST.  Pre-orders for The Old Republic will come in two flavors, the basic edition and the special Collector's Edition. The total number of pre-orders EA is purportedly taking caps out at 500,000, with only the first 50,000 pre-orders guaranteed, the rest queued in a prioritized waiting list.

Origin pre-orders capped?!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7977 on: July 20, 2011, 10:27:37 AM

Remember when you guys were wringing your hands at how the CE costs $150?

Well don't worry, it is actually 150 EUROS. $180.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #7978 on: July 20, 2011, 10:37:01 AM

Ah, the days when Chuck D could keep Flav somewhat in check...

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #7979 on: July 20, 2011, 10:59:29 AM

Origin pre-orders capped?!
Virtual shortages for virtual items. Worked fine for Blizzard when peddling their sparkly pony.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: