Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:22:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102200 times)
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #4655 on: October 18, 2010, 06:15:59 PM

*ba-ding!*

Nerdcage Rattling
Successfully inspire a trivial correction over license canon, such as over the origins of the five tribes of Rodia
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4656 on: October 18, 2010, 06:29:16 PM

I don't even like Wookiees, but it's misspelled every bloody time someone uses it.  I'd do it if people kept typing "Hawai", too.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #4657 on: October 18, 2010, 10:17:35 PM

There needs to be an F13 Achievements System. Forums, gamify!  why so serious?

Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #4658 on: October 19, 2010, 01:16:03 AM

This in itself isn't a big deal, but when he gives me (my shaman) shit about it because she's not an engineer...well, you see the issue.

Is he enhancement? why so serious?
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #4659 on: October 19, 2010, 01:36:29 AM

This in itself isn't a big deal, but when he gives me (my shaman) shit about it because she's not an engineer...well, you see the issue.

Enchantment shammies best shammies.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4660 on: October 19, 2010, 07:40:40 AM

I'd suggest a reverse achievements system. We could call them Ashamedments. Collect five and you get banned.

1 - You SirBruced a thread
2 - You posted a Furry pic
3 - You CAPPED EVERY WORD IN YOUR POST
4 - You used two of more l337 spellings in your post
5 - You referenced a Geldon post on another forum
6 - You suggest that Steam may in fact be trying to steal your hard drive contents.
7 - You agree with Ubisoft's DRM practices
8 - You go raging fanboi about the awesome status of FFXIV
9 - You assert that ToA wasn't that bad
10 - You post in the Politics forum

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4661 on: October 19, 2010, 07:56:53 AM

Trammel?
Got Twitch(TM)?
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #4662 on: October 19, 2010, 07:59:48 AM

I'd suggest a reverse achievements system. We could call them Ashamedments. Collect five and you get banned.

1 - You SirBruced a thread
2 - You posted a Furry pic
3 - You CAPPED EVERY WORD IN YOUR POST
4 - You used two of more l337 spellings in your post
5 - You referenced a Geldon post on another forum
6 - You suggest that Steam may in fact be trying to steal your hard drive contents.
7 - You agree with Ubisoft's DRM practices
8 - You go raging fanboi about the awesome status of FFXIV
9 - You assert that ToA wasn't that bad
10 - You post in the Politics forum

I am tempted to do all these things in a single post now just because.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4663 on: October 19, 2010, 08:00:44 AM

That's the power of Ashamedments!  why so serious?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #4664 on: October 19, 2010, 08:36:44 AM

Yeah, he is. Guess that wasn't clear. Before 4.0 it was haste, haste, and more haste. So a lot of enhance went engineering for the haste enchant thingy. My shaman is a miner/JC. I have other miners now, but she's my lead character and her mining will support the 'smiths and the engineer character as they level up in Cata.

Also, since we arguably had the lowest hit points in the game, the extra STA was nice before ICC got to 20% buffs. Also, I sure as hell wasn't going to give up JC after all that work in TBC in particular for engineering and an enchant that is now useless. Even before 4.0 I didn't totally buy into the haste>>AP argument, since AP was better than haste on movement fights, which were in the majority in ICC. I was in the minority that felt a balanced approach to gemming had more overall utility.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #4665 on: October 19, 2010, 03:56:30 PM

I figured he was enhancement, which is awesome, because he now has to change professions again.
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #4666 on: October 19, 2010, 04:22:05 PM

I'm trying to come up with some witty wordplay to be as dismissive as I possibly can, but I'm coming up empty.

Eve is fucking boring.  Stop saying "hi".

edit: Seriously, shoooo.  Back to your forum.

*Eve says hi, and responds to a/s/l with a 3000 page spreadsheet*

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #4667 on: October 19, 2010, 09:25:22 PM

That's the power of Ashamedments!  why so serious?

I approve of this system!

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #4668 on: October 22, 2010, 12:58:24 AM

Count me in the Ashamedments Fan Club too. Now, since it isn't listed, about the NGE. This is what they should have done................
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #4669 on: October 29, 2010, 03:17:59 PM

video of the imperial agent class Few more details added like the specializations, ship, first companion etc.

Still looks bad swamp poop
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #4670 on: October 29, 2010, 03:29:08 PM

Looks fine to me. Not as pretty as FFXIV but not awful. It's the same style as used in KOTOR which shouldn't come as much of a surprise. And I imagine it will run on less powerful PCs.
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4671 on: October 29, 2010, 03:33:04 PM

Looks fine to me. Not as pretty as FFXIV but not awful. It's the same style as used in KOTOR which shouldn't come as much of a surprise. And I imagine it will run on less powerful PCs.

x2.  Is there an ETA for when I can get my Sith on?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4672 on: October 29, 2010, 03:34:07 PM

All these ranged combat games with "Rifles" whose range is less than a bow and arrow are beginning to get on my nerves.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4673 on: October 29, 2010, 04:08:57 PM

The animations still look weird to me but I'd have to actually PLAY it to know if it would actually bother me or not.

God Save the Horn Players
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #4674 on: October 29, 2010, 07:14:09 PM

Looks fine to me.
Really? I think the part that truly broke it for me was the sequence with the jump down to take out a lone guy standing like a moron in middle of empty warehouse for no ther reason but to provide the player with a quest target. It had all issues rolled into one -- the ridiculously oversized yet nearly lifeless environments, awkward animations (the guard stands still until player's character jumps down and then starts twitching weirdly while attack animation is executed, long before the swing actually connects) and the usual idiocy of MMO conventions.

Yeah, they are emulating the appearance of 7 year old game done for the original xbox but in some of these aspects the original KotOR is actually better, which is pretty embarassing.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4675 on: October 29, 2010, 07:36:36 PM

Page 134 of

"it looks awful!"

"it looks great"
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #4676 on: October 29, 2010, 08:34:44 PM

Page 134 of

"it looks awful!"

"it looks great"

Well, it doesn't look great, but that's not the reason it will fail. There, solved that for you.

I still don't understand what a 'story focused mmorpg' is. How will find the balance between an

a) everyone and their dog is Revan situation and

b) a story that amounts to: 'Collect 10 wookie pelts, questgiver voiced by Claudia Black'.

cala

« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:40:55 PM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #4677 on: October 30, 2010, 01:37:34 AM

Like I said, it looks fine to me. I honestly don't notice all the awful things tmp describes or if I do they don't bother me.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4678 on: October 30, 2010, 07:02:37 AM

I still don't understand what a 'story focused mmorpg' is.

This is still the real issue.  The animations or whatever are just something to rag on.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4679 on: October 30, 2010, 09:36:08 AM

'Collect 10 wookie pelts
You're doing it on purpose now.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4680 on: October 30, 2010, 01:20:59 PM

Raaarrraaaawwwrrrrrgggghhhhh!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4681 on: October 30, 2010, 11:11:03 PM

Looks fine to me.
Really? I think the part that truly broke it for me was the sequence with the jump down to take out a lone guy standing like a moron in middle of empty warehouse for no ther reason but to provide the player with a quest target. It had all issues rolled into one -- the ridiculously oversized yet nearly lifeless environments, awkward animations (the guard stands still until player's character jumps down and then starts twitching weirdly while attack animation is executed, long before the swing actually connects) and the usual idiocy of MMO conventions.

Yeah, they are emulating the appearance of 7 year old game done for the original xbox but in some of these aspects the original KotOR is actually better, which is pretty embarassing.

I just watched the trailer and I didn't see these issues you did. About my only gripe animation-wise was how he fired the rifle. It looked like a sniper rifle but he held it more like you'd hold a shotgun or carbine to my eye. Even the warehouse/guard bit didn't look bad to me. *shrugs* It looked fine. My main thought was "there stealth class looks cooler than the smuggler!"

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4682 on: October 31, 2010, 04:41:19 AM

Raaarrraaaawwwrrrrrgggghhhhh!

I see what you did there.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #4683 on: October 31, 2010, 11:43:27 AM

Well, trailer looked pretty good. Well choreographed if nothing else. The typically wooden animations for gunplay weren't quite as much in evidence as in the past. The conjure cover thing is still cheap as hell, in my opinion, but whatever.

Ohe carbine vs. rifle thing, yeah, that's some real fancy hip-shooting. We'll assume some cybernetic support there, heh. In the present day, the primary difference between rifle and carbine shooting is that in rifle, precision is the name of the game and stance demands bone on bone for stability. With carbine, speed is paramount, so one squares up to the target (because of armor) and drives the gun with pure muscle. Accuracy only has to be good enough. Point shooting is pure stunt, but muscle memory is important (think golf--it's all in the stance).
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #4684 on: October 31, 2010, 02:56:34 PM

I also want to play a Mass Effect MMO, where all the toons are spectres and each and every reporter is lying on the ground in a pool of blood, twitching from repeated and constant face-punchings.
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #4685 on: October 31, 2010, 04:35:55 PM

Imagine the queue for reporter spawn on the launch day, with every spectre waiting to get their punching quest done.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #4686 on: November 01, 2010, 12:27:53 PM

I also want to play a Mass Effect MMO, where all the toons are spectres and each and every reporter is lying on the ground in a pool of blood, twitching from repeated and constant face-punchings.

In all seriousness a Mass Effect MMO could rock. Basically just port the classes over, noone is a spectre. Keep the shooter combat and the RPG backbone and you're good to go. Everyone would have to have a ship. Oh, and make it possible to play Turians, Aasari (sp?), Krogan, errr.....the scientist guys (I forget their name...) and the species that Thane is.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4687 on: November 01, 2010, 12:47:59 PM

In all seriousness a Mass Effect MMO could rock.

It could, but it has the same odds of sucking or rocking that every other MMG design does. Sturgeon's Law also covers MMORPGs.

and the species that Thane is.

There are only a few million of them left. That's like making an MMORPG of the modern world and making the playable factions the US, Europe, China, and Lichtenstein.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4688 on: November 01, 2010, 12:51:54 PM

It could, but it has the same odds of sucking or rocking that every other MMG design does. Sturgeon's Law also covers MMORPGs.

There are only a few million of them left. That's like making an MMORPG of the modern world and making the playable factions the US, Europe, China, and Lichtenstein.

I'm guessing that's probably not terribly far off from the relative population balance of elves and humans in LotR, though. Besides, the player characters are specialwhy so serious?

It has to be something on their radar at least, I doubt there's a gaming IP anywhere that someone hasn't at least played around with the idea of turning into an MMO.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4689 on: November 01, 2010, 01:51:23 PM

Jedi.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: