Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:27:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SWTOR  (Read 2102375 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13930 on: November 26, 2011, 12:20:05 PM

And I wonder how many of those people will still be there catassing their way to 50 when the game launches. :D
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #13931 on: November 26, 2011, 12:26:29 PM

The number of trolls in general has been precious.  Here's what I learned today.

1) DAOC was the best game ever and that's what WoW ripped off.
2) WoW was great until they made it too simple.
3) Rep grinds aren't hard but they suck, and that's what killed wow, they should have made them simpler.
4) TOR is ass because 'my pc can run WoW on Ultra settings but I'm only getting 15 FPS here on max settings"
5) TOR's voice acting is unimpressive because I skip over them like I do in ME and ME2 to get through quests faster.  ( That's an exact quote. swamp poop )
6) If TOR isn't hardcore enough and get more difficult it will fail. (When pressed they failed to provide a link to difficulty that simply didn't translate into "time consuming."  Kids w/ hours to waste.  awesome, for real )
7) WoW wasn't as broken at release as TOR is right this very moment! It was perfect and sprang fully-formed into existence with no queues, loot bugs or bugged resource nodes or missing PVP and raid content. 

awesome, for real  I love the public.

I hate the MMO community. I love you guys though
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #13932 on: November 26, 2011, 12:27:01 PM

I got to make post 1000 on page 400...gogogo
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13933 on: November 26, 2011, 12:28:57 PM

MMO-beta-tards are some of the worst players in the world.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #13934 on: November 26, 2011, 12:30:12 PM

7) WoW wasn't as broken at release as TOR is right this very moment! It was perfect and sprang fully-formed into existence with no queues, loot bugs or bugged resource nodes or missing PVP and raid content. 
On that note, has anyone made SWTOR version of the queuedance yet?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13935 on: November 26, 2011, 12:31:39 PM

I got to make post 1000 on page 400...gogogo

Yes, we must beat the Useless Conversation thread to 400!
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #13936 on: November 26, 2011, 12:33:36 PM

First time I've seen a queue since starting the beta weekend yesterday morning. Currently 300-ish, which has taken about 10 minutes to get down from 500-ish. (Funny it doesn't tell you estimated wait time on the waiting in queue dialog - when auto-logging in to my last character, this would be useful).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 12:39:17 PM by Viin »

- Viin
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13937 on: November 26, 2011, 12:36:26 PM

The two threads are pretty much interchangeable.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13938 on: November 26, 2011, 12:39:33 PM

The two threads are pretty much interchangeable.

Haha, and oops the Useless Convo thread is almost a 500.  Damn my eyes!
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #13939 on: November 26, 2011, 12:41:43 PM

So how do you turn off the chat channels anyway? I can't think of a single thing that anyone has said in General that didn't just irritate me.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #13940 on: November 26, 2011, 12:45:39 PM

So how do you turn off the chat channels anyway? I can't think of a single thing that anyone has said in General that didn't just irritate me.

You can't, its part of the immersion / gaming experience
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13941 on: November 26, 2011, 12:46:37 PM

Just do what I do, close the chat tab and get in vent with ppl.  Then bitch when they keep talking over the story!  :D
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #13942 on: November 26, 2011, 12:47:19 PM

I'm still going to predict lots of issues at release. I don't think they are ready for release.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13943 on: November 26, 2011, 12:50:50 PM

Other than the queue's I haven't had any problems.  Hell the game runs smoother on my oldish PC than Rift and WoW (during raids).
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #13944 on: November 26, 2011, 12:52:26 PM

I've had a couple things here and there (for some reason my Sith Warrior couldn't use fast travel until level 8 - taxis worked fine) but yeah this is in pretty good shape at least at the low levels.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #13945 on: November 26, 2011, 12:53:32 PM

I'm still going to predict lots of issues at release. I don't think they are ready for release.

Im not sure.  Guilds must be formed by Dec 2 so they can begin the process of designating guilds / alliances to specific servers.  So anyone in a guild will have a pre-designated server, that will help because servers cant be flooded.  Also allowing in only some pre-orders to play on Dec 15, then more Dec 16, more Dec 17th, etc should help with overload as they stagger the head start.   I get the same feeling even with these systems in place though which is still why Im not sure if I should take off work Dec 15 lol
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #13946 on: November 26, 2011, 12:55:03 PM

I love my imperial agent dude so hard. I'm also incapable of playing a male character and not making out with anyone who will let me. What is wrong with meeeeeeee?

My ladies are WAY pickier.

Manwhore.

I am, I totally am. I ... I don't know why. I could pretend it's because I like the IA's sexy time voice, but it's a filthy lie (I mean, I DO, but that's not why he's a manwhore).

He has his ship now.  Heart

God Save the Horn Players
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #13947 on: November 26, 2011, 12:57:15 PM

That one mission character on Ord Mantell kinda makes me expect to go off-screen and come back out as Captain Chaos.  why so serious?
What about as Professor Chaos?
I meant more, I can't not think about Dom DeLuise, when I'm talking to that guy.

Also, I just cleared a three level dungeon whatsit, and now I have to run all the way back and everything fucking respawned. Hell yea, who the fuck thought that's a cool idea?!

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #13948 on: November 26, 2011, 01:02:08 PM

Apparently they opened some new servers, in case you are tired of waiting in a queue.

If each "server" has instances, why can't they just have one server with 100 instances?

- Viin
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #13949 on: November 26, 2011, 01:03:37 PM

I am pleasantly surprised.

Maybe even a little impressed.

Smooth gaming from the outset, had absolutely no issues in a 3 hour play session except for when I tried to quit, and the game froze on me. Which is really no different to me playing Mass Effect or Oblivion several years on, so if that's the extent of my troubles I'm bloody happy.

Voice acting is great, and I haven't heard a species/class with a voice I didn't like yet. I admit I'd like to be able to choose my own but I'm aware that's not going to happen. A Jedi Knight with an RP accent wouldn't be so bad, would it?

Animation remains... functional. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just rather too stiff. It lacks charm, there's a level of love missing, if you know what I mean. I was pleased, on the other hand, to see that the Recuperate skill has different animations based on class; the Smuggler's coin-toss-zap is a nice character touch.

Anyway, I haven't gotten any further than level 3 on a few chars as I'm reluctant to get too far into any one class' story line but right now, things feel pretty good.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13950 on: November 26, 2011, 01:06:23 PM

That one mission character on Ord Mantell kinda makes me expect to go off-screen and come back out as Captain Chaos.  why so serious?
I meant more, I can't not think about Dom DeLuise, when I'm talking to that guy.

Also, I just cleared a three level dungeon whatsit, and now I have to run all the way back and everything fucking respawned. Hell yea, who the fuck thought that's a cool idea?!

I believe they figured everyone would Fast Travel after doing such things, rather than running all the way back.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #13951 on: November 26, 2011, 01:14:45 PM

I believe they figured everyone would Fast Travel after doing such things, rather than running all the way back.
Does that work from within a dungeon?

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13952 on: November 26, 2011, 01:24:04 PM

Canderous has a 500 queue...knew I shoulda logged in a few minutes before I was done hauling wood.

For those with issues exiting the game, try logging out to the character screen first. I was having the exit game issue, and that works for me.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #13953 on: November 26, 2011, 01:30:21 PM

Does that work from within a dungeon?

I can only assume it does, I haven't tried it yet.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #13954 on: November 26, 2011, 01:32:28 PM

You can also hit the exit button on flashpoints.

TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #13955 on: November 26, 2011, 01:38:06 PM

Ahahahaha, VIP cantinas for mad bux entry fees.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #13956 on: November 26, 2011, 01:39:17 PM

I have a question about Companions. When you pick one, can you change it later on? And if you do so, does it disrupt the story somehow? Also, for example Bounty Hunter, if I turn down Mako, can I pick her up again later or she's gone forever? I see you "meet" the first Companion at about level 6. When do you meet the others, roughly?

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13957 on: November 26, 2011, 01:39:36 PM

For those with issues exiting the game, try logging out to the character screen first. I was having the exit game issue, and that works for me.
I've tried exiting and logging out all weekend and nothing ever works. Just end up killing the program.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #13958 on: November 26, 2011, 01:42:23 PM

No social clothing, eh? Kinda uncool.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13959 on: November 26, 2011, 02:01:39 PM

I have a question about Companions. When you pick one, can you change it later on? And if you do so, does it disrupt the story somehow? Also, for example Bounty Hunter, if I turn down Mako, can I pick her up again later or she's gone forever? I see you "meet" the first Companion at about level 6. When do you meet the others, roughly?

Don't turn down companions.  You won't get another option for one for like 10 levels, besides your ship robot that is.  You can always just start using the other ones when you get them.
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #13960 on: November 26, 2011, 02:08:26 PM

yeah, I don't think there's any picking involved. You get what you get, depending on your class. Maybe there are more later.

So I tried the imeprial agent, is it only me or is the hutta start (agent at least) much less fleshed out than the force-users planet? Also first silly bug, when I got my companion on the IA, the shield she comes with doesn't work  awesome, for real

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #13961 on: November 26, 2011, 02:08:42 PM

Page 400 needs a trooper.gif on the first post IMO .

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #13962 on: November 26, 2011, 02:15:59 PM

There are 5 companions per class at release, you pick them up every 8-10 levels it seems like, they have different roles etc. They've said they'll add more companions as time goes by I believe.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #13963 on: November 26, 2011, 02:16:37 PM

Page 400 needs a trooper.gif on the first post IMO .

Where is Fordel when you need him.   awesome, for real
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #13964 on: November 26, 2011, 02:19:28 PM

There are 5 companions per class at release, you pick them up every 8-10 levels it seems like, they have different roles etc. They've said they'll add more companions as time goes by I believe.

Unless you're a Jedi Knight, in which case...

Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 402 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: SWTOR  
Jump to: