Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:21:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Patch Version 1.0.3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch Version 1.0.3  (Read 14350 times)
amiable
Terracotta Army

on: October 15, 2008, 04:49:59 AM

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=380

or "Hay guyz!  Healerz are earning too much reknown, let's nerf em.  But we still won't fix the leave party xp bug that DPS classes exploit, cause thats just cool. lololololol"  why so serious?

On a side note I have learned to always jump to the end of Mythics patch notes.  They always put the most controversial stuff there.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:52:34 AM by amiable »
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 05:23:09 AM

I love how the notes include erroneous code.  awesome, for real

This part is cool: "The war against the gold sellers continues! We have introduced a new "report gold seller" command that works as follows: when you type /rg, the game will automatically fill out a gold seller appeal using the name of the last player who sent you a tell. If you get an unwanted /tell from a pesky gold seller, type /rg to start an appeal and get them busted!"

Off the top of my head I cannot think of any other game that actually has a specific "report gold seller" feature like this. I assume they put it into a dialog-driven system to get around some of the odd characters gold sellers use in their names. I also wonder if them automatically transposing the name also includes lifting the most recent tell message you received from that name, to prevent erroneous (or grief) reporting.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 05:30:46 AM

CoH/CoV has it.
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 06:18:39 AM

1. PVE quest and mob exp gets 50% boost
2. PQ influence gains per kill/completion see 100% boost
3. Renown gear is actually itemized and good
4. RVR keep capturing gives you 15% of a level of exp per cap
5. RVR keep loot rewards actually reward MORE people
6. EXP gain 5% level for capturing battlefield objectives
7. PQ loot rolls for capturing battlefield objectives
8. 25% speed increase for mounts
9. Fix talisman making to make it more accessible
10.Make guild recall an ability, not a scroll

That would be my ideal list of things to see in a good patch.

Other than performance their top complaints seem to be:

T3-T4 slow exp rates and being forced into PVE/PQ grinding.

PQ grinds, specifically poor influence gain per kill. The elite rewards require more and more points while influence gain per kill stays the same. Mythics way of addressing that was to go from killing 25 of something in T1/Stage I to 175 of something in T4/Stage I. Boring, and people hate it.

RVR for all its fun isn't an efficient way of leveling. If taking battlefield objectives yielded GOOD exp and loot rewards, people would do them. If taking a Keep yielded GOOD exp per cap and more people got rewarded, then more people would do RVR.

Itemization, particularly the PVP gear, is bad and forces people into PQ grinds. See #2 for more detail.

People need to see some concrete answers from Mythic on these 4 core issues. I'm glad they have been improving performance, but they need to address the core components of the regular game that people from fansite to fansite have consistently been bringing up.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 06:55:37 AM

Healing out of a group/warband is a UI nightmare anyways.  I never bothered with it.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 06:56:11 AM

I love how the notes include erroneous code.  awesome, for real

This part is cool: "The war against the gold sellers continues! We have introduced a new "report gold seller" command that works as follows: when you type /rg, the game will automatically fill out a gold seller appeal using the name of the last player who sent you a tell. If you get an unwanted /tell from a pesky gold seller, type /rg to start an appeal and get them busted!"

Off the top of my head I cannot think of any other game that actually has a specific "report gold seller" feature like this. I assume they put it into a dialog-driven system to get around some of the odd characters gold sellers use in their names. I also wonder if them automatically transposing the name also includes lifting the most recent tell message you received from that name, to prevent erroneous (or grief) reporting.

LOTRO you just right click the name in the chat, and your done. It ignores, clears your chat of them, and sends a petition.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 07:00:53 AM

LoTRO has a separate function for /ignore'ing a gold spammer petition? I remember the right-click ignore thing but wasn't around when/if they patch that extended feature in.

CoH/CoV has it.
Nice.

Good, then perhaps we can start calling this a trend.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 07:07:06 AM

WoW also does this via right-clicking the name of the person sending you the tell.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 07:07:41 AM

LoTRO has a separate function for /ignore'ing a gold spammer petition? I remember the right-click ignore thing but wasn't around when/if they patch that extended feature in.

Just right click the name in chat, choose report spammer or some such, continue gaming until the next randomly generated name sends you a tell.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 07:34:36 AM

so /rg will report the last person to send you a tell. What happens if you're slow about it and your friend whispers you and you didn't notice? Also if /r is reply /rg seems, a poor choice of letters?

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 07:46:41 AM

I'll go out on a limb and assume one /rg against someone is not going to illicit a ban.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 07:57:38 AM

That. It probably builds a case against that person. Like, if 50 people report the same name, Mythic takes a look. If 100 people, they take a look quicker. I imagine this is how it works in other games. No way you'd immediately put man hours on a single name being reported by just one person. Then it's just a matter of matching the name being reported against a log of that account activity along with the text messages sent by that account.

THEN you have a case to ban them.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 08:32:02 AM

This

* In order to ensure that the Apothecary skill remains a valuable crafting profession potions will no longer drop as frequently.

* Seeds for Cultivation will no longer drop as frequently throughout the world.

is fucking horrible. So now we're more dependent on people investing time in the horrible crafting system to get potions, and the materials needed to make those potions are going to be rarer. That's fucked up. Admit defeat and remove the crafting system and put in vendors as money sinks.

YOU ARE INCREASING THE PVE REQUIREMENT FOR PARTICIPATION IN A PVP GAME. RETHINK NOW.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 08:34:00 AM by Righ »

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 08:37:51 AM

Crafting should of been building siege engines and shit.  Where do you get the mats for building siege engines?  Killing people and taking over keeps/BOs.  Once you flip a BO or Keep a shit load of boxes appear and you loot them for masses of mats.  Then drop plans from keep lords that are rare/ultra rare for spiffy awesome siege weapons.

Then put all potions and talismans in keeps for money sink.

It's sooooooo easy.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 08:55:18 AM

This

* In order to ensure that the Apothecary skill remains a valuable crafting profession potions will no longer drop as frequently.

is fucking horrible. So now we're more dependent on people investing time in the horrible crafting system to get potions, and the materials needed to make those potions are going to be rarer. That's fucked up. Admit defeat and remove the crafting system and put in vendors as money sinks.

YOU ARE INCREASING THE PVE REQUIREMENT FOR PARTICIPATION IN A PVP GAME. RETHINK NOW.

Seeds were dropping WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH.  It was insane how practically every single mob dropped a god damn seed.  Having to click pass on every seed and potion that dropped was getting incredibly fucking annoying, this is a really really great change.  I dont give a fuck what it does for tradeskills, it does a ton to lower my annoyance with the game.

I am the .00000001428%
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 09:19:20 AM

If you sent every single seed that dropped to a mule and took up cultivation on an alt, you wouldn't have been able to produce the number of energy or HoT potions that were dropping. You'd have a superb selection of mini-buffs, but nothing like the number of core potions. I have such a seed bank, but I certainly haven't taken the dozens of hours needed to grow all that rubbish into supplies for potion making. If the end result is a stack of energy potions costing twenty gold on the auction house and it being the only reliable way of attaining them, its going to impact the RvR game in a way which will remind you of Lineage - RMT PvE farming guilds will control the game, only because the biggest PVE grind for these farmers will be cultivation, there will be a certain irony to it. Fun times.

RUiN 427
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 09:29:43 AM

i don't think I've ever read the word erroneous more in my life

"There's been no energy reading of any sort on Cybertron for the past seven hundred or so stellar-cycles."
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 10:17:56 AM

This

Seeds were dropping WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH.  It was insane how practically every single mob dropped a god damn seed.  Having to click pass on every seed and potion that dropped was getting incredibly fucking annoying, this is a really really great change.  I dont give a fuck what it does for tradeskills, it does a ton to lower my annoyance with the game.

I agree on seeds. They were dropping at like a 40% rate off my kills. Potions were probably 20%, but I was just vendoring them because they were stacking up. Also action potions were the kind I had dropping all the time, which I couldn't really find that much of a use for at the lower levels.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HRose
I'm Special

VIKLAS!

Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 10:40:49 AM

WoW also does this via right-clicking the name of the person sending you the tell.
Which is much more intuitive than remembering the /rg command.

Apparently Mythic's fetish with shell commands isn't gone.

-HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 10:46:25 AM

Action potions are the ones I use. People heal my health, but they can't heal my action points, and those fucking gobbo shaman always leech action as their first offensive move. Much better ability than the corresponding archmage one. Much.

Change not in the patch note and unintended consequence: they have changed the drop from the Pale Eye thieves that rob the Altdorf bank from 'Hot Karl' to 'Stolen Karl'. Apparently somebody told them what 'hot carl' was slang for. When they changed this they must have broken something, because despite the Bank Robbery PQ not being invoked, there is an endless stream of thieves leaving the bank. Somebody could probably exploit this to rank Altdorf up fairly fast. I stopped I added 100 'Stolen Karls' to my quest item backpack tab - 25-30 thieves. I got three seeds. None were the sort needed to grow ingredients for energy drinks.

Apparently Mythic's fetish with shell commands isn't gone.

If they were really shell commands they wouldn't begin with a slash, they'd have flags after them and we'd be able to redirect their output. Its more like they have a VMS DCL fetish. How disgusting.

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 10:58:52 AM

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=380

or "Hay guyz!  Healerz are earning too much reknown, let's nerf em.  But we still won't fix the leave party xp bug that DPS classes exploit, cause thats just cool. lololololol"  why so serious?

All this is going to do is completely insure that I will be dropping out of every single pug scenario group once I hit 40.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 11:05:10 AM

Respec your RP for dps and drop group on entry!   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 11:17:48 AM

Respec your RP for dps and drop group on entry!   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I'm considering this just to be a jackass. 

I still have some friends at the beggining of Tier 3 so Sianne and I have been holding off leveling our toons so hopefully folks can catch p while we are gone for 3 weeks, the problem is PvE grinding for a BW is tolerable while PvE grinding for a healer is like a kick to the groin.  I'm just bitter that they decided I was getting too many rewards from the only tolerable portion of the game.

Of course now hat I have been playing my WH alt I am all the more aware of Orders stunning lack of healers (and tanks), I don't forsee this change helping.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 11:22:15 AM

On Azazel the lack of Order Tanks is appalling.  I've been in scenarios before where I was the only healer as a Warrior Priest and there were zero tanks.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 11:38:10 AM

For the acronym impaired, can people try to write out their class names?  I hate taking 20 seconds to figure out what you're talking about.  Totally kills the flow of reading.  WH, WL, WE.  SW, SM, SH.  It all blends together.  Thanks.

They needed to reduce the types of seeds, not the numbers.  Same with talisman components.  Give the base ingredients to make whatever they player wants, but let them decide.  Less inventory, more stacking, more flexibility.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 02:12:06 PM

Speaking of healing and renown, anyone know exactly how it's calculated?  In scenarios I'm very often at the top of healing ranks (not claiming to be great, I use Squared & Ishealbot plugins) but middle of the renown ranks.  Even when healing more than the DPSers hurt.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 02:19:03 PM

The lack of convenient documentation anywhere of what all the random /commands they add is another Mythic hallmark.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 15, 2008, 04:29:30 PM

I wouldn't mind the asinine number of seeds if they all seeds of a particular type cultivate in to one type of component. I.E. 5 different seeds that make a healing potion component, but they all make the same component. 

The soil, water, and nutrients for cultivating are a pain in the ass as well, since they don't go in 1, 25, 50 increments like other trade skill items, so you end up with half a stack at level 1, 9, 18, 27, etc.

Just more amateur hour clownshoes.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #28 on: October 15, 2008, 04:55:49 PM

For the acronym impaired, can people try to write out their class names?  I hate taking 20 seconds to figure out what you're talking about.  Totally kills the flow of reading.  WH, WL, WE.  SW, SM, SH.  It all blends together.  Thanks.

They needed to reduce the types of seeds, not the numbers.  Same with talisman components.  Give the base ingredients to make whatever they player wants, but let them decide.  Less inventory, more stacking, more flexibility.

It's like you read my mind on BOTH counts.

God Save the Horn Players
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #29 on: October 15, 2008, 07:09:19 PM

Change not in the patch note and unintended consequence: they have changed the drop from the Pale Eye thieves that rob the Altdorf bank from 'Hot Karl' to 'Stolen Karl'. Apparently somebody told them what 'hot carl' was slang for.

awesome, for real  ACK!  awesome, for real

I'm sad I know what that means. But it's awesome that no-one pointed this out despite WAR's extended beta period.

Closest I can think of is when CoH/V renamed a power from Chum Spray to Bile Spray after a number of players started calling it something a bit dirtier. But that was innuendo, not out-and-out blatant.

When they changed this they must have broken something, because despite the Bank Robbery PQ not being invoked, there is an endless stream of thieves leaving the bank. Somebody could probably exploit this to rank Altdorf up fairly fast. I stopped I added 100 'Stolen Karls' to my quest item backpack tab - 25-30 thieves. I got three seeds. None were the sort needed to grow ingredients for energy drinks.

Interesting. I was doing a quest that involved going to the Forgotten Future PQ in HE Chapter 6. A group of DE sorceresses stand around a keystone I had to activate. However, no matter how many you killed, more spawned. Another player had found it first and had killed at least 50, then I came and knocked over another 50 or so. They just kept respawning.

He went for a run in to try to get the stone and the 'one' DE that was there turned out to be 12 stacked on top of each other. We died.

So, the patch has broken some kind of respawning code in some PQs, it would appear.

Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 15, 2008, 08:35:00 PM

These are the kinds of renown-per-healing numbers I was getting before:

I ran a few scenarios before the Gunbad run:

Everything is TA, and in typical pug scenario group sizes(4-6). Last one is sorted by renown. I'm near the bottom, even with a win. So yeah, I hope you've gotten used to those pug groups where nobody heals. Because they're about to get a whole lot more common.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #31 on: October 15, 2008, 08:51:18 PM

how did weirdo get more renown with so much less Heal?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 08:53:42 PM

I'm guessing by dropping group. Either that, or the thing is just screwy as hell.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 15, 2008, 10:10:13 PM

Shit, that's appalling. So now somebody who heals the party gets less renown than people who nuke and stab IN THE SAME PARTY? They're really doing their level best to rid the game of people playing tanks and healers, aren't they?

Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 15, 2008, 10:25:56 PM

Its relative to your level in some way as well from what I have been hearing, lower level people get more renown than higher ones
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Patch Version 1.0.3  
Jump to: