Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:05:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: It's been 2 weeks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's been 2 weeks  (Read 17011 times)
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

on: September 29, 2008, 03:41:39 PM

It's been 2 weeks since the head start and we haven't heard anything about their plans going foreword. Just because the launch wasn't disaster doesn't you can stop talking with us.

What are going to about population?
Are you going to add the other 4 cities and other 4 classes?
What something the scenerios less lopsided (better scaling or DoW)?
What are going to do so Order actually has a chance of capturing IC?
What does the future hold?

"Me am play gods"
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 03:46:01 PM

It's been 2 weeks since the head start and we haven't heard anything about their plans going foreword. Just because the launch wasn't disaster doesn't you can stop talking with us.

This is your first Mythic game, isn't it. In about 6 months, we will get a letter from the producer promising some big revamp to something that is bothering everyone at the time that will then later turn out to be unworkable for some other reason and get replaced by some *other* plan that they forgot to tell us about.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 03:47:51 PM

lol, I remember when Mark promised mounts the first time.

"Me am play gods"
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 03:48:21 PM

Style Review!  swamp poop

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 06:16:43 PM

This is your first Mythic game, isn't it. In about 6 months

No first someone will get nerfed. Hard. And go to the bottom of the deck to next be reviewed in 2010.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 06:36:12 PM

No first someone will get nerfed. Hard. And go to the bottom of the deck to next be reviewed in 2010.

My BW alt is going to be made into paste isn't he?

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 06:43:02 PM

My BW alt is going to be made into paste isn't he?

BWs/Sorcs is my prediction, yes, but there's supposedly a patch already kicking around in testing that nerfs chosen and zealots, I think.

Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 09:07:18 PM

Well in tier 1 at least, I hope no changes are made. I find the balance to be spot on -- to the point that player skill and choice of objective capturing strategy and use of terrain starts to figure into success. Oh, and quality gear of course...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Honestly, no class in and of itself seems to be a rock-paper-scissors buster. Someone is always trumped by someone else, even if it isn't always in 1:1 combat. Combining classes (duo or trio) is a different story, so that doesn't require class nerfing!

Please -- no nerfing -- at least not in Tier 1.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 02:45:43 AM

Zealots are getting nerfed in tier 1 unless the patch has changed, their one skill that puts them out of line is getting moved from level 5 to 21.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 06:53:00 AM

Any Warrior Priests around?  I just hit Rank 20 last night and got my first AOE group heal.  I feel a pretty good mix of dps, healing, and survivability in scnearios but not great at any one thing.  I wish I could get that AOE slow tactic that makes Weight of Guilt AOE but it's in the shitty Wrath mastery tree.  More debuffs plz.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 06:55:02 AM

Zealots are getting nerfed in tier 1 unless the patch has changed, their one skill that puts them out of line is getting moved from level 5 to 21.

What's overpowered about zealots in T1? Talk about an unneeded fix.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 07:08:48 AM

This already happened to both Zealots and Rune Priests in the transition from Beta to Live.  It was also just Hot Fixed yesterday so that it doesn't stack with Guard.

most often known as Drevik
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 07:27:49 AM

Actually, if there really is a repeat of DaoC, the first thing on the block is experience gain which will get a nerf under the pretext of fixing bugs.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 30, 2008, 08:00:35 AM

Actually, if there really is a repeat of DaoC, the first thing on the block is experience gain which will get a nerf under the pretext of fixing bugs.

exp got nerfed right before open beta, check.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Wershlak
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 30, 2008, 08:29:19 AM

Tentonhammer asked Mark some of those questions last week. http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/44816

schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 08:34:35 AM

Tentonhammer asked Mark some of those questions last week. http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/44816

Next time warn us that they didn't get any answers, thx.
Wershlak
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 08:44:43 AM

Yeah it seems Mark is adept at answering a question, sounding enthusiastic, rambling on for way to long and not actually addressing any of the points. I sense a career in politics if this whole MMO thing doesn't work out.
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 08:45:29 AM

Like seriously, I read that expecting answers. What I got is "stfu bitches, go level your destruction toons".

EDIT: No wonder he didn't give any answers. They asked questions like

"Ten Ton Hammer: How did you end up creating a game that has combined really meaningful PvP with some really quality PvE experiences? A number of games have tried to blend the two in the past, but few have reached such an outstanding level of PvP gaming that your studio has attained. What kind of tricks and secrets did you use to come up with this formula?"

Someone explain to me which part of t3 PvE is quality. I'm really interested in finding it out.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 08:48:47 AM by Phunked »
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 08:57:51 AM

My favorite respnse:

Mark: This is another thing that involves server population and people that are willing to jump into those RvR scenarios. If you can't seem to get into the RvR scenario, that's why we have open world RvR.

But if one side wants to do open RvR and the other side doesn't, that's going to be a problem. That's a problem with any game, not just WAR. It could be something that happens on the WoW PvP servers or the Camelot servers. If guys don't want to RvR, then they have to sort it out among themselves. You can't force people to RvR. You can't force 'em to PvE.

These things will sort themselves out once we have the transfers going, then people can make the choice if they want to stay on their server or not. They might look at the servers and discover that one is a bit more PvE oriented, so they'll move to that server. But activating anything now, that's just going to make the problem worse.

awesome, for real  Yes, server transfers will solve all of our problems!  Yay!
schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 09:05:34 AM

Whoa there Wershlak, don't just blame Mark. TTH makes exactly zero effort to get compelling answers out of people. I hate to say this, but if all you get is fluff, sometimes it's better just not to print.
Wershlak
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 09:17:34 AM

Whoa there Wershlak, don't just blame Mark. TTH makes exactly zero effort to get compelling answers out of people. I hate to say this, but if all you get is fluff, sometimes it's better just not to print.

I don't just blame Mark. But on the other hand I don't expect anything from sites like TTH.

That's a problem with all mainstream media. Whether they cover politics, sports or video games. The media outlets are just too happy to happy to get an interview to say, "Hey jackass you didn't answer the question!". They stand to lose money if the alienate everyone they want to interview by pushing people for real answers.

I'm sure you would make an effort to get compelling answers but you don't have to worry about F13 subscriber numbers and all that. Of course that's part of the reason why so many of us come here.
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 09:58:27 AM

Developers need to be taught the hard lesson of either giving real answers or not getting interviews. Of course, there's a problem when the entire journalism field of an industry is filled with frothy PR genitalia.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 10:05:04 AM

Just check the official forums.  I'm sure there's answers to your questions and lots of other good information and dev feedback there.   why so serious?

Over and out.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 10:07:50 AM

Just check the official forums.  I'm sure there's answers to your questions and lots of other good information and dev feedback there.   why so serious?

I see what you did there, funny guy.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 10:21:55 AM

Nevermore's just sniping from the sidelines instead of playing another mythic game with me  awesome, for real

I'm so waiting for TLs to show up and tell me about how initiative determines how fast you can leave the scenario starting point.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 30, 2008, 10:24:25 AM

Why, so you, Ingmar and Sjofn can abandon me again?  Heartbreak

Besides, making fun of Mythic is *much* more fun than playing their games.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #26 on: September 30, 2008, 10:55:09 AM

My favorite respnse:

Mark: This is another thing that involves server population and people that are willing to jump into those RvR scenarios. If you can't seem to get into the RvR scenario, that's why we have open world RvR.

But if one side wants to do open RvR and the other side doesn't, that's going to be a problem. That's a problem with any game, not just WAR. It could be something that happens on the WoW PvP servers or the Camelot servers. If guys don't want to RvR, then they have to sort it out among themselves. You can't force people to RvR. You can't force 'em to PvE.

These things will sort themselves out once we have the transfers going, then people can make the choice if they want to stay on their server or not. They might look at the servers and discover that one is a bit more PvE oriented, so they'll move to that server. But activating anything now, that's just going to make the problem worse.

Too fucking late for that. The current state of appeal for Order is in the shithole. We're outnumbered, lacks cool factor, have midget tanks, tanks that wear dresses, a broken pet class, and overall less dmg numbers style of play. How the fuck do you transfer to an evenly matched server when all you see is Destro High or Full and the neutrals who just joined want to wear super cool dread armour or turn into emo goth elves?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 30, 2008, 10:58:11 AM

My favorite respnse:

Too fucking late for that. The current state of appeal for Order is in the shithole. We're outnumbered, lacks cool factor, have midget tanks, tanks that wear dresses, a broken pet class, and overall less dmg numbers style of play. How the fuck do you transfer to an evenly matched server when all you see is Destro High or Full and the neutrals who just joined want to wear super cool dread armour or turn into emo goth elves?

It's not the goth elves, my Chosen is BA...that stands for "bad ass" by the way. Seriously who can compare altdorf to the inevitable city, do you have floating eyeballs on chains? no? you lose.

Face it, evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 30, 2008, 11:06:15 AM

I guess I should have greened that text.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 11:14:41 AM

I caught it just fine man.

awesome, for real <---this isn't meant to be taken literally half the time dude. That's why it's FOR REAL!

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #30 on: September 30, 2008, 11:20:47 AM

On the other hand, it's a hell of a lot easier for Order to level in scenarios. Also, to log in.

Sure, I'd like to play a Black Orc and smash face. But ol' Legolaslas hasn't done a single PVE quest yet!

tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 11:22:04 AM

Ya, but your comment is a good response to MJ.  Server transfers are pointless in regards to pop. imbalances.

"Me am play gods"
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 11:29:33 AM

On the other hand, it's a hell of a lot easier for Order to level in scenarios. Also, to log in.

Sure, I'd like to play a Black Orc and smash face. But ol' Legolaslas hasn't done a single PVE quest yet!

The levelling in hello kitty online adventures could be fast, fun and exciting...it doesn't mean I'm going to reroll on their servers. Rerolling is the domain of the hardcore, whether it be hardcore pvpers or hardcore 'gamers' most people though play one side or the other because that's what they enjoy, not because the food pellets are more plentiful. 

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 11:30:53 AM

Why, so you, Ingmar and Sjofn can abandon me again?  Heartbreak

Besides, making fun of Mythic is *much* more fun than playing their games.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Look, missy, we gave CoX lots of time. It was time to MOVE ON.  Heart

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 11:35:04 AM

What can I say, I love em and leave em. Come on, we can be good together again!

.... there aren't any buffbots this time, I swear! Heart
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: It's been 2 weeks  
Jump to: