Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:18:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: It's been 2 weeks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's been 2 weeks  (Read 16856 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 11:40:48 AM

Meh, not willing to give up CoX and I don't have time to dabble in two games right now.  I'm confident the shiny will wear off on this game for you all soon enough but on the off chance it doesn't, maybe I'll give it a look around Christmas.  If they have a free trial or something.  Until then, I'll just continue to mock Mythic from the sidelines.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 12:42:02 PM

This is your first Mythic game, isn't it. In about 6 months

No first someone will get nerfed. Hard. And go to the bottom of the deck to next be reviewed in 2010.

Disciples of Khaine nerf incoming.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 12:53:12 PM

I doubt it'll be disciples. They're pretty robust late into tier 2 and in tier 3, but there doesn't seem to be much growth after that. Also, they all taste the same. As in, strategies that work on one work on all of them.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008, 01:03:56 PM

It'll be Magus.  Mythic has been beating the crap out of them since I joined beta.  Why stop now?  At some point I expect the Magus pets to start healing the enemy.

"Me am play gods"
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 01:09:19 PM

Maybe it is just our server (Ostermark), or maybe it is our complete Dwarf Domination... but I have not had any of these issues either in scenarios or on the open field.  I am thinking it HAS to be our server (even though it says we are high Destro/high Order).  We pretty much dominate all of the T2/T3 keeps and we win consistently in the scenarios.  Maybe the Destro on our server are the PvE crowd Mark talks about, but who knows.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 01:14:45 PM

Only thing DoK need nerfing is that tactic that negates healing 100% on all their melee crits.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 01:15:44 PM

Only thing DoK need nerfing is that tactic that negates healing 100% on all their melee crits.

Uh, what?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 30, 2008, 01:50:15 PM

Curse of Khaine

It's deep in the dps tree but it's there.

Edit: Hey look, I just noticed I hit over 1k posts recently.  Sweet, I think I'll go buy myself a cookie.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 30, 2008, 02:00:53 PM

Ding, grats!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Over and out.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 30, 2008, 02:07:56 PM

Maybe it is just our server (Ostermark), or maybe it is our complete Dwarf Domination... but I have not had any of these issues either in scenarios or on the open field.  I am thinking it HAS to be our server (even though it says we are high Destro/high Order).  We pretty much dominate all of the T2/T3 keeps and we win consistently in the scenarios.  Maybe the Destro on our server are the PvE crowd Mark talks about, but who knows.

Well, as someone who just moved to Ostermark (I play Aeric, a Witch Hunter) I can tell you Tier 1 isn't dominated like this.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 30, 2008, 02:24:48 PM

Curse of Khaine

Edit: Hey look, I just noticed I hit over 1k posts recently.  Sweet, I think I'll go buy myself a cookie.

Oh, sweet, thanks. I dont have it yet, but if its deep in the mastery trees, i dont see it being touched as many may not have it.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 30, 2008, 02:51:12 PM

Curse of Khaine

Oh, sweet, thanks. I dont have it yet, but if its deep in the mastery trees, i dont see it being touched as many may not have it.

I think every DoK will have it.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 30, 2008, 02:55:59 PM

MMORPG.com:

Before we get into the Careers-specific questions, can you tell us how you felt that launch went?
Jeff's Answer:

“We had a great launch,” he said, “and I’ve played through every major MMO launch personally and I can honestly say that our launch was absolutely head and shoulders above every one that I’ve been through.”

advertisement
MMORPG.com:

When and how are you going to implement the careers and cities that were cut prior to launch?
Jeff's Answer:

Sorry folks, there’s not set date for this just yet, but Jeff had some interesting things to say on the topic and assured us that they hadn’t been forgotten and that they would be in the game:

“We desperately want to do some of these things that we’ve pulled out of the game… We do have plans. We’ve been talking about it for months and it’s very important to us to do the right things with the game. I don’t mean to sound wishy-washy about it. We’re going to [get the classes in]. It’s just a matter of how long it takes us to do the right things to those classes. We pulled them away for a reason and that’s because they weren’t as good as they needed to be. So we’re looking at those classes hard now and we’re looking at how long it’s going to take us to make them to the point where they feel as good as the other 20 classes in the game.”

“I firmly believe,” he said “that our classes… each one feels cool and unique in and of themselves.” He doesn’t however, want everyone to like every class. He told us that his goal was to evoke emotion from players about the classes. Players should love some and hate others.”

“We’re going to launch those classes when they’re absolutely ready,” he continued, answering the original question, “hopefully it will be fairly soon., but don’t look for it in the next couple of weeks. That’s just not going to happen. We have to make these things perfect or at least as perfect as they can be.”
MMORPG.com:

What kind of time and resources are being dedicated to the classes / cities compared to other elements of WAR?
Jeff's Answer:

“I have a combat and careers team”, Jeff told me after explaining that with a team of 250 strong, there are numerous number one items on the agenda, based on the different team divisions (UI, Combat and Careers, RvR, etc.). “On that team, these careers are the number one item” in terms of forward looking things.

Jeff went on to tell us that all of their teams right now are working on “improving the experience in the game right now that players see immediately”. He told me that every morning, he has a report on his desk detailing the top issues that players are having. This report comes from QA, Community and Customer Service. Every day, they look at that list and get to work on them beginning with problems for players (little bugs or glitches) and goes from there.

“Our focus and dedication is to making the game as great as it can be for the players who are playing right now so that they can have a wonderful experience,” he explained.

According to Jeff, that means taking care of the little post-launch stuff first (bug squishing and the like). Already they can see that list lessening which will leave even more time to look at the far reaching addition of content like the careers.
MMORPG.com:

How do you respond to players who feel that the lack of the four cut classes is causing balance issues in the game?
Jeff's Answer:

“I just don’t agree with it,” he answered. “I think what you find is that, and this is perfectly understandable... I’m not calling anybody out for doing this, is that what we’re seeing is a lot of people judging the game in Tier 1 (which is again, perfectly fine, you SHOULD judge the game in tier 1), but I think everyone needs to keep in mind that that’s the first ten hours of gameplay for a game that is hundreds of thousands of hours of gameplay out there over the next couple of years. As you move up through the game, you’ll find that the mix of players starts to even out.”

He went on to tell us that there isn’t much diversity in Tier 1, but that it improves as you move up through the tiers and the mix of classes starts to even out.

“The glory and also the difficulty of an RvR based game is that it depends upon who’s there. So sometimes, even in tier 2 or 3, you’ll run a scenario or be out in open field RvR and you’ll just get stomped. It happens and sometimes it’s because people who you’re with don’t play very well, sometimes it’s because the other side outnumbers you, sometimes it’s because you don’t have the right mix of classes… that’s all part of the game though. Next time you come back, you could win for the same kinds of reasons. It all ties into what makes the game great and what makes people passionate about the game.”

“So, do I want those classes back in? Yes. Do I think it affects the game without them? I think it does, I’m not blind to it, but do I think it’s devastating without them? Absolutely not. I think the game plays so well with or without those classes that to say that the game doesn’t play very well without them is just wrong.”

Link

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 30, 2008, 04:08:07 PM

Well, as someone who just moved to Ostermark (I play Aeric, a Witch Hunter) I can tell you Tier 1 isn't dominated like this.
I don't do scenarios often, but keep an eye out for Kylantha (Disciple) since you're on my server.  I'm not telling you my Witch Elf's name for fear of you hunting her down though.

Meh, not willing to give up CoX and I don't have time to dabble in two games right now.  I'm confident the shiny will wear off on this game for you all soon enough but on the off chance it doesn't, maybe I'll give it a look around Christmas.  If they have a free trial or something.  Until then, I'll just continue to mock Mythic from the sidelines.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
If you wait though, you'll end up hooked when everyone else is wanting a break.  You need to get it out of your system while they're still playing.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 30, 2008, 11:01:14 PM

Curse of Khaine

http://www.wardb.com/spell.aspx?id=1633

Though throwing out dps with a runepriest [and critting!] is much much much less likely than dps'ing as a DoK, heh. Maybe they'll just give this to WPs and call it balanced?

-- Z.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 01, 2008, 05:39:21 AM

If you wait though, you'll end up hooked when everyone else is wanting a break.  You need to get it out of your system while they're still playing.

But it's not in my system to begin with.  The game doesn't really look that appealing to me, especially since it's looking like Mythic didn't do anything to fix some of the exploits that seem to have carried over from DAoC.  That's just clownshoes.  No, I just miss my friends.  undecided

Over and out.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 01, 2008, 06:00:45 AM

This is your first Mythic game, isn't it. In about 6 months

No first someone will get nerfed. Hard. And go to the bottom of the deck to next be reviewed in 2010.

Disciples of Khaine nerf incoming.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

DoKs will get a massive nerf just so we can call it the Left Sword nerf and be a real mythic game.

Beyond that, AE damage and knockbacks are my targets to look for, and a fix to BW's DoT line.

But right now, pit of shades is being used as a single target instant nuke, because it deals as much damage per tic as a normal DD. That's not how AEs are supposed to work, they need downsides.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 01, 2008, 11:22:34 AM

Curse of Khaine

http://www.wardb.com/spell.aspx?id=1633

Though throwing out dps with a runepriest [and critting!] is much much much less likely than dps'ing as a DoK, heh. Maybe they'll just give this to WPs and call it balanced?

Yea but like you said when is a RP attacking someone?  A DoK is constantly on the attack so it's far more prevalent.  I think it's a tad OP.

I have a feeling that WP and DoK, though being mirror's of each other are different in that DoK's will be more offensive oriented and WPs being more defensive.

I can't wait for my WP to get:
http://www.wardb.com/spell.aspx?id=8281 (Intimidating Repent) which augments http://www.wardb.com/spell.aspx?id=8245 (Repent)

AOE 30 yard detaunt.  Lasts 15s with a 15s cooldown.  Almost perma 50% damage redux.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 01, 2008, 01:25:51 PM

I don't do scenarios often, but keep an eye out for Kylantha (Disciple) since you're on my server.  I'm not telling you my Witch Elf's name for fear of you hunting her down though.

You'd probably whip my butt. I'm still experimenting and learning things like circle-strafing. I tend to concentrate on healers, namely shamans and honestly  avoid DoKs because they're tough to kill and WEs because they out DPS me in alot of situations.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 07:23:44 AM by Riggswolfe »

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 01, 2008, 02:10:14 PM

Am i the only one who went "since you looked at me" after reading the title? :P

I am the .00000001428%
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #55 on: October 01, 2008, 10:37:00 PM

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: It's been 2 weeks  
Jump to: