Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:30:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Just picked Warhammer up. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just picked Warhammer up.  (Read 12895 times)
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 28, 2008, 12:32:58 AM

I picked WAR up today on the   Heart that everyone here has been giving it and rolled a White Lion on the BC server. Did some PvE (not bad) and quite a bit of scenario PvP (was fun).  Order got rolled every time. I decided to try a different server (don't' recall the exact name offhand but it's RP/RVR) and went Destruction. Picked a Magus and in the PvP scenarios I played Destruction got rolled once. From my limited perspective, it appears that Destruction way out-powers Order. There was one instance where we were down by 150 points and came from behind to win it by a landslide. Granted, it was two different scenarios but it seems, just like WoW, that the evil side has some sort of weird intangible advantage when it comes to objective based PvP. Just about every time I've played BG's in WoW on my lock, the Horde just pwns us. I'm finding the same thing here. Anyone else notice this? I'm a relative PvP noobler so my observations as I said are limited.

Anyway, it's way fun and it's forcing me to spend 40 bucks on a RAM upgrade. 1 GB isn't cutting it.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 28, 2008, 01:08:51 AM

I play on a RP server and most of the time, Order is dominating scenarios [sometimes even 500-20 or something silly like that] in tier1 and tier2. Whether that's due to better teamwork, class composition, or level/gear advantage, I can't tell...

-- Z.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 28, 2008, 01:36:13 AM

Or people who like playing as "good" elves like to RP!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #38 on: September 28, 2008, 05:37:56 AM

Order Tier 1 Classes are quite strong especially when you consider Warpriests and Bright Wizard combinations in Empire vs Chaos Tier 1 scenario. It's not uncommon to see a class make up of 4 BW and 4 WP, that's when I know no matter what you just can't win at tier 1 against that sort of combo.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #39 on: September 29, 2008, 10:35:28 AM

One thing about Chaos vs. Order, in the tier 1 stuff, the chaos tanks are plentiful. Since people in t1 usually haven't identified who to kill yet, they tend to fight the guy in front of them, who happens to be a tank. If your team doesn't have dwarves or elves on it, you're screwed because those Chosen will just soak all kinds of damage.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 29, 2008, 10:37:44 AM

One thing about Chaos vs. Order, in the tier 1 stuff, the chaos tanks are plentiful. Since people in t1 usually haven't identified who to kill yet, they tend to fight the guy in front of them, who happens to be a tank. If your team doesn't have dwarves or elves on it, you're screwed because those Chosen will just soak all kinds of damage.

Playing a healer in the first tier was a joke.  I could stand in the back and be left untouched.  By tiers 2 and 3 my life is spent running away from stealthers. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
raydeen
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 29, 2008, 10:44:22 AM

I take back my earlier post. Played on my magus yesterday and didn't win one scenario. Guess it just depends on who's playing when.

I was drinking when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 29, 2008, 10:53:24 AM

I take back my earlier post. Played on my magus yesterday and didn't win one scenario. Guess it just depends on who's playing when.

Depends on a) communication and b) levels.  In the first tier, having level 10 gear and abilities makes a HUGE difference. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 29, 2008, 01:14:51 PM

I try to do some limited visual analysis of the score sheet after each battle, as I'm sure most do.

In blow-out scores (like a Destro 500 Order 9 we did at Ekrund Gate last night), a quick check showed we had six level 11s and they had one. They also never bothered to work together as a group and always attacked us in splintered groups of 2 or 3. So it's pretty easy to conclude that if you dominate in levels you will usually win the scenario, and dominate if your tactics are decent and theirs suck.

Most of the time I notice whichever side I'm playing wins/loses based on more consistent capturing/maintaining objectives. We did a come-from-behind (ahem!) in Nordenwatch yesterday by keeping the tank-heavy Order groups off-balance between the captures of the lighthouse and barracks until we finally took the fort and won the battle 500 to 489. It was the best nail-biter I've played so far and it actually felt like we were having to outsmart a stronger force rather than just cherry-pick targets.

I have never enjoyed PvP more in an online game than I do in WAR. First time I actually look forward to it in a game.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 29, 2008, 03:22:01 PM

Yeah, it is surprisingly fun.  I looked at my kill stats and was surprised to see I have more player kills than monster kills.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Just picked Warhammer up.  
Jump to: