Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:12:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Just picked Warhammer up. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just picked Warhammer up.  (Read 12983 times)
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

on: September 22, 2008, 05:12:27 PM

You guys have room for a newb once i figure out what i want to play?

Any class recommendations if i like artillery style play?

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 05:59:42 PM

Bright Wiz or Shadow Hunter.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 06:26:15 PM

Thanks

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 08:16:22 PM

Play an engineer, guns, turrets and grenades.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 08:40:21 PM

No play an Archmage awesome, for real
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 08:49:35 PM

Bright Wizard is the ultimate glass cannon. You WILL kill yourself, or you're doing it wrong. Shadow Warriors are more survivable but put out less DPS. Engineers have good DPS too but are more twiddly (no autoshot that I could tell) and I personally think the turrets are pretty meh.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 08:51:08 PM by Lum »
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 06:34:19 AM

So far I dont like my shadow warrior much. Im not really concerned with dying that much though.

Trying BW now, I can see clearly that im gonna have to try out all of order classes before i make my final decision.

Archmage was looking fun. I enjoy healing a good deal, do archmages have reasonable damage for healers?

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 06:45:14 AM

You should try Witch Hunter, execute people with a pistol to the head or set them on fire with a torch, plus you get a cool hat.
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 06:46:57 AM

So far I dont like my shadow warrior much. Im not really concerned with dying that much though.

Trying BW now, I can see clearly that im gonna have to try out all of order classes before i make my final decision.

Archmage was looking fun. I enjoy healing a good deal, do archmages have reasonable damage for healers?

Not sure of the archmage- but Shamans certainly do.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 06:47:43 AM

Arch Mages have fine damage for a priest.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 07:13:10 AM

I'm planning on rolling an archmage this evening. My chaos guild is hopeless--largest guild on the server and we have no alliances and can't field a scenario group.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 07:35:31 AM

I'm planning on rolling an archmage this evening. My chaos guild is hopeless--largest guild on the server and we have no alliances and can't field a scenario group.

Haha. That's because all destruction guilds are a mess. ^_^
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 07:39:52 AM

If you are rolling for Bat Country you may want to consider a Tank.  They are awesome and we really could use a few more.  WE already have quite a few healers (although as an RP I may have sample bias).
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 07:42:11 AM

There are 3-4 more healers being leveled as alts atm. We definitely need more tanks and DPS at this point.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 23, 2008, 07:49:35 AM

Well one of the other things that's pissed me off is there are no female tanks in Destruction. (Really bad idea btw Mark.) Any real differences between them? I was thinking of the dwarf one.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 23, 2008, 07:53:29 AM

Well one of the other things that's pissed me off is there are no female tanks in Destruction. (Really bad idea btw Mark.) Any real differences between them? I was thinking of the dwarf one.

Girls can't take hits, duh. Ask Sjofn about her take on this, it's a fun hour of frothing <3

I say this safely from the opposite coast of sjofn, as she could likely kick my scrawny ass.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 07:53:41 AM

General impressions:  Ironbreaker is the best straight up tanker/guarder.  Swordmaster AOE is pretty shiznit though, and works terrific in both PVP and PvE.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 08:06:05 AM

I made a Witch Hunter on Ulthuan named Cromwell. I like the pistol.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 09:10:29 AM

This one wasn't Mark's call, I'm more than willing to bet.  Kick GW in the nads. (Though some people feel that the DoK is a "tank" of sorts. I think they're horribly mistaken.)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 09:18:31 AM

My understanding is the chaos tank can be female, but they didn't think they could make it look right. Given that it was the only lore possibility, they should have put in the time simply because there aren't other options.

And looking at tanks, I think I'll be rolling as an archmage. I don't think PVP tank is for me.

Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 10:36:02 AM

There are 3-4 more healers being leveled as alts atm. We definitely need more tanks and DPS at this point.

After playing both a warrior priest and an ironbreaker, i've already decided to switch my main over to the ironbreaker.  I'll work with who ever is on tonight (that can invite) to get the two characters switched out.  planning on only keeping my main in the guild to help out with guild level.  assuming more people = harder to lvl.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 11:10:45 AM

Guess i need to make a tank LOL, hehe I like the BW alot though, I keep torching myself though in the lowbie scenarios.

Im super confused about how the scenarios work, I get stomped alot by higher ranks. Also the first round of scenarios ive tried were mass chaos on order side.

HIgh elf Sword thingy, or Ironbreaker?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 11:14:57 AM by Pennilenko »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 11:14:05 AM

This one wasn't Mark's call, I'm more than willing to bet.  Kick GW in the nads. (Though some people feel that the DoK is a "tank" of sorts. I think they're horribly mistaken.)

Actually female chosen is A-OK lore-wise. This one was a stupid Mythic art decision. The no female greenskins is the lore one.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 11:21:34 AM

Im super confused about how the scenarios work, I get stomped alot by higher ranks. Also the first round of scenarios ive tried were mass chaos on order side.

Lowbies can contribute, but honestly you do better as you level up.  First of all, you get more abilities and your character is fleshed out more.  A character with a root/snare/instacast is a lot more effective than one without. Plus, before level 8 you're not going to have any morale abilities.

Levels and RR also provide you access to better gear and it does matter.  I was hitting signficantly harder once I upgraded my rifle to the rank 8, rr 6 gun.

You can pretty much look at the lineup at the start and see who will win.  The side sporting the most low levels is going to have it rough.  Also it's not uncommon I've seen to have order with no healers and/or no tanks.  I'm not quite sure what the hell warrior priests fall under yet.

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 11:23:52 AM

My shadow warrior sees Warrior Priests/Zealots as Soft Tissue. My Arch Mage files them under "The Fear."
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 11:37:40 AM

I figure i need to really play a bunch of characters up a decent bit before i figure out what im gonna be good at.

HRose
I'm Special

VIKLAS!

Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 02:00:59 PM

I made an Ironbreaker named "Heck", if it's ok I'll join the guild later.

-HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
schild
Administrator

Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 02:08:55 PM

It's not OK. You're fucking crazy.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 02:10:18 PM

Yes, but we let you in.
schild
Administrator

Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 02:18:49 PM

No one "let" me do anything hombre. ^_^
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 02:21:59 PM

Don't you have a Google Android to drool over? Look, shiiiiiiny
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 03:03:44 PM

Man, that totally pissed me off too. No female chosen in particular made me angry.

You should give the ironbreaker a whirl just for the heck of it, because they are surprisingly fun in the PvP, but archmages are really fun too, so ... yeah, I'm not being useful. Woo!

God Save the Horn Players
HRose
I'm Special

VIKLAS!

Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 07:30:20 PM

Even if I change the name to "Lamentable"?

-HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 07:53:50 PM

Even if I change the name to "Lamentable"? Viklas

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 09:16:51 AM

I beta'ed with HRose in a couple of games.  He's a lot of fun to game with and I found him very different from his forum personna. 

Of course, it's your party...

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Just picked Warhammer up.  
Jump to: