Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:24:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 752522 times)
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #3640 on: February 01, 2017, 04:30:22 AM

Loved the good old Morrowind game back in the day! If I got time, I might just buy this. Is ESO enjoyable as a single player experience? Or is it easy enough to find casual groups to play with occasionally?
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3641 on: February 01, 2017, 06:31:18 AM

Loved the good old Morrowind game back in the day! If I got time, I might just buy this. Is ESO enjoyable as a single player experience? Or is it easy enough to find casual groups to play with occasionally?

I thought so... on the PS4 at least. Grouping was pretty seamless though I have only done that a handful of times. Of course, I haven't played in awhile because life.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3642 on: February 01, 2017, 06:48:59 AM

They are really bumping the graphics to a new level per that video.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #3643 on: February 02, 2017, 02:33:59 AM

I've recently stopped playing in order to clear some of my single-player backlog, but TESO is a very, very enjoyable MMO as solo experience too:

+ Nice, detailed quests
+ nice environments
+ good crafting system once you get the hang of it
+ reasonable B2P/subscription/store policy (and how enoyable the game is without spending another dime but the initial entry cost)
+ LOTS of content
+ good advancement system
+ great for Elder Scrolls fans: beside the world, they give you the illusion of freedom you have in the single-player ES titles, being able to pick up lots of stuff, read long books, etc.)

Graphics are...so and so, definitely too "plastic".

- Animations in general are horrible. Spell effects are worse than horrible. Combat lacks impact feeling compared to TERA, BDO.
- stay away if you're fed up with traditional DIKUs and their formula

Can't speak about endgame content because I'll likely won't ever get there anyway (the only MMO where I, let's say, "maxed out" a character was UO with a 7x GM, so you get the idea :P)

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3644 on: February 02, 2017, 04:27:47 AM

My #1 complaint about ESO that still seems to hold with the b2p edition is ... inventory management.

Basically, when I played back in 2014, I had to just straight up ignore my craft skills while leveling, or my inventory would become an overflowing nightmare every hour or so due to the many different types of crafting materials (and cthulhu help you if you wanted to level provisioning / alchemy). What's annoying is that they are clearly aware of the problem since they added the 'crafting bag' that works just like the crafting bank in GW2 and post-WOD WOW... but it's only available if you sub, it isn't even in the cash shop. Yeah, no.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3645 on: February 02, 2017, 06:10:04 AM

My #1 complaint about ESO that still seems to hold with the b2p edition is ... inventory management.

Basically, when I played back in 2014, I had to just straight up ignore my craft skills while leveling, or my inventory would become an overflowing nightmare every hour or so due to the many different types of crafting materials (and cthulhu help you if you wanted to level provisioning / alchemy). What's annoying is that they are clearly aware of the problem since they added the 'crafting bag' that works just like the crafting bank in GW2 and post-WOD WOW... but it's only available if you sub, it isn't even in the cash shop. Yeah, no.

Regarding crafting management, yeah, I imagine it becomes really cumbersome when you start doing it in large bulks and at high levels  (I mean crafting levels). I used the crafting bag and yeah, it's VERY handy to say the least; still, it's not THAT bad when you have two or three characters and you expand a bit your bank storage via the crown store.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3646 on: February 02, 2017, 06:22:07 AM

I can't think of a single thing ESO did that another MMO didn't do better.  ESO was such a blah game.  The only reason to play it was because you had nostalgia for Morrowind.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #3647 on: February 02, 2017, 09:40:34 AM

I can't think of a single thing ESO did that another MMO didn't do better.  ESO was such a blah game.  The only reason to play it was because you had nostalgia for Morrowind.

And because it is on the PS4 without a monthly fee to play.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #3648 on: February 02, 2017, 08:35:45 PM

They are really bumping the graphics to a new level per that video.

Nah, that had Blink studios written all over it.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3649 on: February 06, 2017, 06:02:41 AM

"Homestead" update is being patched in right now: it introduces housing to the world of ESO along with some other features and bug fixing. Monster-size patch notes:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/318838/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-5

grunk
Terracotta Army

This poster is a gibbering retard. Also, he used to post from a rehab clinic.

Reply #3650 on: February 07, 2017, 12:09:21 PM

when dafuk are they going to patch in the MMO?
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #3651 on: February 08, 2017, 06:55:56 PM

Steam has this on sale. As a complete noob, which is the version to buy?

The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited (40% off)
The Elder Scrolls® Online: Gold Edition (50% off)
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3652 on: February 09, 2017, 11:22:11 PM

Steam has this on sale. As a complete noob, which is the version to buy?

The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited (40% off)
The Elder Scrolls® Online: Gold Edition (50% off)

Tamriel Unlimited is just what they called it when it went F2P. Technically I think it's now called "One Tamriel" since they introduced the go anywhere level-scaling stuff. Either way, it's just the base game. Gold Edition is the base game plus the first 4 DLCs that they released, which you would either have to buy separately or subscribe to gain access to.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3653 on: February 11, 2017, 08:34:46 PM

I used some of my crowns from subbing to buy one of the large homes, Hunding's Palatial Hall.  It's very spacious with a large courtyard and even your own private beach.  That being said, the gold costs for houses, even small ones, are freaking REdonkulous. ACK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu5P0rVcG5Q
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3654 on: February 22, 2017, 09:28:34 AM

Some of the potential skills for the new warden class.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3655 on: March 05, 2017, 09:55:05 AM

I'm still playing this although I've taken a few relatively long breaks.  It's only gotten better, in my opinion.  You can quest anywhere because of the level scaling, which goes a long way in extending the life of the game.  The map is BIG and when I start a new character, I don't have to spend like forever going through quests and dungeons I've done several times in the past.  After a bit, I can start going to sections of the map I've not seen before.  This helps keep up my interest.  I very much like the fact that I can follow people in to hard dungeons and group dungeons and, as long as I participate in the battle, get a quest update and loot.  It makes me feel naughty and it's useful.

I sub when I play because they get that bit right, too.  The $15 sub fee gives you more than most games, including 1500 cash shop coins.  I've taken to spending the coins on these crates they have now.  Every month or so (I think) they change them and I can't believe the amount of cool loot I get.  Costumes, mounts, hair styles, pets... HAIRSTYLES... and they're very generous with the number of items they include or I'm very lucky.  If you get a reward you already have, they give you some special coins that you can save up and buy the crate rewards that way.  It's very fun.  More fun than just buying some old stuff.  My sister bought me a pre-order for the expansion which I'm very much looking forward to.  I don't usually play pet classes but that bear looks totally bausome, although I wish the war dog didn't have stupid looking armour on. 

There are some issues for me, though.  No AH is one.  I really enjoy playing the AH in games.  I might eventually join a trading guild to see if it gives me that feeling again.  The quickslots are still stupid.  I hate it, even with a mod.  The justice system... I don't think you should get nicked by the cops if you get away with a murder.  It just makes better sense.  I know nothing about the champion system or vets or that sort of stuff because I've only ever leveled to 34.  I like that I'm so slow that there's still lots of stuff to explore and fiddle with.

And that's the end.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3656 on: April 11, 2017, 08:40:02 PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-10-the-elder-scrolls-online-is-going-free-to-play

Bethesda really wants you to play The Elder Scrolls Online.

Not content with paying someone $1m just to try its MMO, Bethesda will next throw open the gates of Tamriel to everyone, regardless of platform, for a full seven days.

It's a generous offer - the full game, without restrictions, 500 Crowns of premium currency to spend at the in-game store, plus a discount on the full game if choose to purchase. All your progress carries over, too.

The free trial begins 3pm UK time tomorrow, 10th April, and lasts until 18th April. PC and Mac, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players can all join in.

All of this comes ahead of The Elder Scrolls Online's upcoming Morrowind expansion, which launches in June. Edwin recently had a look at how the addition will change the game.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3657 on: April 12, 2017, 01:28:10 AM

Yeah, my mate's been banging on about that.  Probably time for the wife and I to give it a wee retry.

I played it way back in Beta and was just horrified at how utterly awful it was.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3658 on: April 13, 2017, 01:58:34 PM

I might try this with the new class in the expansion.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3659 on: April 14, 2017, 09:56:25 AM

Have messed around with this briefly. Seems decent enough. Will try to give it more time before the free week is over to see if it is worth throwing money at.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3660 on: April 14, 2017, 10:45:28 AM

I can't get past the builds in this game. There are simply too many options for me to figure out what to build. However, if I go looking for popular builds, they're always really weird. The best build for leveling my DK is a bow/dual wield build and neither of those are interesting to me; it's not why I chose the 'warrior' type.

If I just play what I want, then I seem to always be barely winning fights. I really wish the class and skill stuff were more streamlined.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #3661 on: April 15, 2017, 06:04:49 AM

Played it on the free trial. Meh, might as well play skyrim. Less arseholes.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Hayduke
Terracotta Army

Reply #3662 on: April 16, 2017, 07:01:02 PM

I kind of like it, very confusing at times but respecs are cheap at least.

I can't get past the builds in this game. There are simply too many options for me to figure out what to build. However, if I go looking for popular builds, they're always really weird. The best build for leveling my DK is a bow/dual wield build and neither of those are interesting to me; it's not why I chose the 'warrior' type.

I don't know what warrior archetype you mean but if it's the Conan style then 2h is probably not too far behind dw and bow. It's just recommended I think to have a dps weapon style to kill stuff. Since skills level if you have an item equipped or an active ability in your ability bar most people seem to recommend going for a skill from each class line and a skill from two different weapon types. If you took a 2h skill and a sword and board skill you could keep both leveled even if you never really used sword and board while killing stuff.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3663 on: April 20, 2017, 10:33:33 AM

I subbed for 3 months because I am terrible with money. There is SO much I am trying to remember from my first (short) time around. Finally started reading the SA thread for some sort of guidance. Have the strange problem of having too MUCH to do...I can't decide which thing to work on first. Even when I do decide, something else inevitably pops up and I get distracted for several hours.

Oh, and I bought a lion to ride with my sub crowns  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3664 on: May 08, 2017, 01:18:34 PM

Definitely an unfair comparison graphic-wise, but it's a nice throwback nonetheless:

Morrowind 2002 (unmodded) vs. TESO 2017; featuring views of Seyda Neen, Balmora, Vivec and the landscape in general:

https://youtu.be/qn46trwngMQ

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #3665 on: May 10, 2017, 05:52:15 AM

I ended up bored and fired this back up, never made it past VR8ish in the original version. So much better, lots of QoL improvements, and having fun. Enough to sub for 3 months, it's worth it for the crafting bag alone. I'm sure at the end of that time I'll be playing something else, but for now I'm enjoying it. Even the player base is less douchey than I remember.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3666 on: June 04, 2017, 07:16:59 PM

If I just play what I want, then I seem to always be barely winning fights. I really wish the class and skill stuff were more streamlined.

I finally found a good all-around level build and pushed to 50 on my DK recently. Once at 50, the mobs melt a bit faster and I think that will continue as gear progresses and Champ points build. Now that I feel a bit less fragile, the game is far more enjoyable and I'm have a good time. Ready to re-visit Morrowind in few days.

My only real complaint is that I wish purchases and characters were available cross-platform. To have access to my PS4 toons and content on my PC would be freaking awesome.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3667 on: June 04, 2017, 08:44:09 PM

I finally found a good all-around level build and pushed to 50 on my DK recently. Once at 50, the mobs melt a bit faster and I think that will continue as gear progresses and Champ points build. Now that I feel a bit less fragile, the game is far more enjoyable and I'm have a good time. Ready to re-visit Morrowind in few days.

My only real complaint is that I wish purchases and characters were available cross-platform. To have access to my PS4 toons and content on my PC would be freaking awesome.

The good thing about the Champ system is that the points are shared across all of your characters, whether they're lvl 1 or 50.  I'd take your DK to at least 160cp, which is as high as the gear levels go.  Morrowind has been pretty fun so far.  There's lots of interesting stories and quests to do and the main story line has you helping Vivec...get his mojo back, so to speak.  The warden class is not too bad but not as fun as I'd hoped.  I really like pet classes in rpg's but I felt a little let down with the bear.  You can't really do much with it and I feel the sorcerer pets are more useful and interactive.  I don't really think this "expansion" was worth what they're charging as it is just a larger DLC zone with a new class.  Still enjoying myself and having fun, though, which is the main thing.

I'm still surprised by the number of people who play.  At least for PC, every zone I go to has lots of people running around.  You would think most people would be playing in Morrowind but the older zones are just as busy.  The fact you can start a fresh character anywhere, even Morrowind, is one of the things I love about ESO.  There's no starter zones anymore which makes play alts a lot better because you're not repeating the same content over and over again.  There's only so many times in WoW or LOTRO that you can play through Elwyn Forest or the Shire before the will to play an alt diminishes.  With ESO, you can go from 1-50 playing in 2 or 3 zones so you don't have to repeat the same content over and over again.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3668 on: June 05, 2017, 11:18:56 PM

Been playing a lot of this over the past few weeks. It is a great single player game, and just enough interaction with the great unwashed to make it feel populated. Tooling around Morrowind has been cool, but I miss the guards muttering insults at me whenever I walk by like they used to awesome, for real

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3669 on: June 06, 2017, 06:19:48 AM

I'm surprised that I have enjoyed this as much as I have. There are small complaints--there is a bit of sameness in the combat rotations after a while, and only a few mobs that make you really think or change your button spamming. I wish there was a bit more weird gear that RNG drops on you now and again. I wish there was a bit more of a feeling of mixing really dangerous areas in to basically safe areas--I love that sense in Skyrim that I can just wander along and suddenly I'm in the middle of deep shit. Don't get that so much here. Wish the cities had a bit more personality. And the long zone loads when you're doing something like running quests out of the Thieves Guild get really annoying after a while.

But it's basically fun.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3670 on: June 06, 2017, 10:16:09 AM

Agreed on all counts.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #3671 on: June 06, 2017, 11:54:50 AM

I have been feeling like playing an MMO recently, this seems to fit the bill.

Just want to make sure, this is $60 for the base+morrowind as well as a monthly sub?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #3672 on: June 06, 2017, 12:44:15 PM

Yeah, I was like....I'm gonna check this out. *heads to Steam, sees price, closes Steam*

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3673 on: June 06, 2017, 05:46:02 PM

I'm playing fine without a monthly sub.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #3674 on: June 07, 2017, 05:51:28 AM

The sub is really only for if you want to go big into crafting.  Otherwise, you can do without it and miss nothing.  Also, the $60 price tag for Morrowind is for the special edition I believe, so unless you really want some pets, a horse, and a few costumes, you can just get the expansion alone for $30.

Full disclosure:  I got the special edition, and a subscription, because I have no self control and really wanted that spider pet.  I don't even like crafting in general, but that crafting bag is pretty damn convenient.  But I acknowledge that none of it is really necessary.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  
Jump to: