Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:32:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Mad Men 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mad Men  (Read 49707 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #70 on: March 26, 2012, 10:35:45 PM

Ya, but he walked out with today's equivalent of 7 grand just to switch offices.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #71 on: March 26, 2012, 11:42:29 PM

It has a support pillar.

-Rasix
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: March 27, 2012, 10:11:57 AM

Poor Roger. Something terrible is in store for him I think.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: March 27, 2012, 10:57:04 AM

Zoobie zoobie zoobie zoooo.

Because I have entirely too much time on my hands today.

http://youtu.be/2vFOzG3GYqo
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: May 27, 2012, 08:23:07 PM

The times, they are a'changing at SCDP!

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: May 29, 2012, 08:23:47 AM

I don't think Peggy will get back at Don because she's done some dick things as well in the past.  She's not perfect.  She's only leaving because she feels under-appreciated and wants to get out of the shadow of Don.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: June 04, 2012, 01:07:48 AM

Over and out.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: April 08, 2013, 10:47:05 AM

First of all, fuck you guys for not bumping this from the 3rd page with the 2 hour season opener last night.  I almost missed it.

I found the episode last night oddly unsatisfying.  How about the rest of you?  The storyline about Don's ex and kids just doesn't interest me in the least. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: April 08, 2013, 02:00:54 PM

It was slow I agree, but every season of MM start this way.  The thing that leaps out to me was Betty.  
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: April 11, 2013, 10:59:18 AM

First of all, fuck you guys for not bumping this from the 3rd page with the 2 hour season opener last night.  I almost missed it.

I found the episode last night oddly unsatisfying.

Honestly I find every episode of Mad Men oddly unsatisfying, I also love the show.

Giving roger sterling an outlet to talk more?  Brilliant.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: April 11, 2013, 12:27:05 PM

Finally got around to watching it, I was surprised to find that I actually gave a shit about Betty's storyline this episode.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: April 11, 2013, 02:39:38 PM

I know.  Betty was really quite brave wasn't she?  I was surprised.  Surely she sees herself in the little Lost Girl.  Best Betty scene in two years.  Kudos to January Jones.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: April 15, 2013, 07:47:06 AM

This season is rapidly losing my interest.  All of the things that made the show interesting in the first season seem to be replaced by hyper-focusing on each person's individual lives rather than the interplay between them. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: April 15, 2013, 08:32:33 AM

Last night's episode was worth it just for Don's Jaguar speech.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: April 15, 2013, 10:48:23 AM

Last night's episode was worth it just for Don's Jaguar speech.

Ok, I'll give you that.  An actor playing the role of a salesman acting.  Hamm did an outstanding job. 

-  Mark Twain
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: April 15, 2013, 11:51:19 AM

BTW I do agree with you on the personal story stuff...Remember when Mad Men was 80% in the offices of SCDP instead of the 15% we are getting now?

And fuck you Weiner, you give me all that glorious Sterling last week and then just tease me this week? Also what did Henricks do to piss of Weiner so much that she's been relegated to bit part for two episodes now.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: April 15, 2013, 03:34:06 PM

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: April 22, 2013, 08:06:04 AM

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: April 22, 2013, 04:55:23 PM

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: April 22, 2013, 05:01:00 PM

Peggy's firm did not get it. One of the largest agencies in the world (J. Walter Thompson) got the account "in the room." That's why they were all glum about it and Ted was bemoaning the "little guys" only getting fed the scraps.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: April 22, 2013, 05:06:14 PM

OH!  I thought Ted was saying that as a fuck you to SCDP.  Ok now I don't understand "in the room".  Weren't there only two agencies going for it? 
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: April 22, 2013, 05:29:18 PM

We only saw two but the implication was that they were taking lots of meetings. Pete was pissed because SCDP paid for the room.  The Ketchup guy was a sleezy dude that played everyone to his advantage.

-H.L. Mencken
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: April 23, 2013, 08:47:49 AM

OH!  I thought Ted was saying that as a fuck you to SCDP.  Ok now I don't understand "in the room".  Weren't there only two agencies going for it? 

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #93 on: April 26, 2013, 07:47:48 AM

I almost missed it.

You didn't miss anything.  This was the same episode I watched a log time ago.  The only way this show could be more boring is if it was set in England.  Fortunately, I needed a good night's sleep and this worked great.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: April 30, 2013, 07:06:45 AM

I almost missed it.

You didn't miss anything.  This was the same episode I watched a log time ago.  The only way this show could be more boring is if it was set in England.  Fortunately, I needed a good night's sleep and this worked great.

If you thought last weeks episode was boring you should've watched this one. Dear god.

You know I'm a Mad Men fan but I won't even try and convince people to watch it.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: April 30, 2013, 07:46:10 AM

I think my fondness for the show comes from the dialogue and the way they capture the period.  It's rich with nostalgia.  Christina Hendricks doesn't hurt either.

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #96 on: April 30, 2013, 07:47:18 AM

Those two things are absolutely the only reason to watch.  Even Alison Brie is wooden and unappealing.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: April 30, 2013, 07:00:58 PM

It's a shame but I'm actually kind of relieved that this is the last season so I don't feel like I have to watch every week anymore.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: April 30, 2013, 07:04:38 PM

I think this is the second to last season, not last.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: May 19, 2013, 09:01:19 PM

Wtf was that.

Great last line.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: May 20, 2013, 10:57:18 AM

Wtf was that.

Great last line.

I agree.  Completely.

-  Mark Twain
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: May 20, 2013, 05:09:46 PM

That was a bizarre, fun episode!  Was nice to see some of the minor players get good airtime.  No Joan and precious little of Pete and Sterling.  I doubt Joan would have put up with that chaos.  Was good to see Ginsberg, he is abrasive but razor sharp and I really thought he'd be more of a main character.  He's had several away from work scenes and that's rare for the secondary characters.  Also enjoyed Beardface and Peggy's scene.  Sally's scene really had me worried, thought that was going to turn violent.  Megan lost a lot of respect from me for not firing back at Betty. 

Of course, Don's story was front and center and a lot of things got explained there.  When that guy goes, he's taking the whole agency with him.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: May 22, 2013, 11:22:52 AM

The last episode made me feel like I was in High School English class and I hadn't done my homework in 3 weeks. I really don't like these episodes where I have to dig in and find all the symbolism.

It's like the show is turning into an art film.  Meh.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #103 on: May 23, 2013, 09:31:07 AM

what the shit

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: June 03, 2013, 12:00:35 AM

A really solid episode.  Harry Hamlin is really killing it.

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Mad Men  
Jump to: