Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:28:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Bat Country: Order or Destruction? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Poll
Question: Which side would  you prefer Bat Country to be on?
Order. - 29 (38.2%)
Destruction. - 31 (40.8%)
I have no interest in joining Bat Country. - 16 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 76

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country: Order or Destruction?  (Read 41907 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #105 on: August 23, 2008, 04:38:11 AM

Played a shitload tonight. Order was more organized, destro was more zergy. Almost nobody ever talked, so I can't speak for that, but destro definitely outweighed order and had a ton more keeps. At this point, given the number of people outside f13 that want to play Order and how much more dedicated they are, I'm tempted to just say we're going Order. Also, you see a lot of white lions in the start city, not so bad once you get out. Not as many squig herders on the other side as I suspected, but at low level those goddamn squigs are dangerous. Anyway, just got all my tier 2 stuff. I look like a badass, will clean clocks tomorrow.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: August 23, 2008, 03:34:03 PM

Haven't seen many WL on my server Todbringer, lots of SW, which I was playing.  Decent class.  Order is fine with me, I get to shout about Sigmar and carry a heathen-bashin' hammer.

Yeah not too much talking yet.  I played a Chosen to 5th and there was the most talking there, even if most of it was some 9yr old who was upset his mutated arms didn't wtfpwn at lvl 1.  Saw lots of Marauders and Magus there,  then Chosen and finally a smattering of Zealots.  Great starting zone, full of atmosphere.  I've never gotten a Warrior in WoW above 12th  but I could see me playing the Chosen at release; unlike the skating elves, he feels solid running on the ground and  I dig the avatar.

I'm still  just playing toons up to 5th; so far got SW, Chosen, BW (zomg), DK  (hey Disciple  of Khaine  has the same initials as EQ's Death Knight!) but couldn't stand Shaman past 3rd.  I think Healers are gonna be very very rare.

Ok back to the game, hmm havent' tried a rogue class yet...
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: August 23, 2008, 04:08:11 PM

I didn't vote because I don't know whether I will join Bat Country or an Aussie guild if I know anyone else that will pick up the game (which it doesn't look like I will).

And as the only person probably who hasn't played a lick of Beta I would probably just choose chaos because I still have some residue teen angst in my system that prefers the aesthetic, but as I have played horde in WoW the last three years I should really challenge myself so would be secretly happy to be forced to play some righteous goody char.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: August 23, 2008, 07:15:18 PM

Are there going to be any qualifications when the game goes live?  I would like to bring my wife and two friends over from blood keep...
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: August 23, 2008, 07:23:13 PM

I've changed my mind.  I want to play the side that doesn't crash me to desktop every 30 minutes.  Please to be telling me which side this is. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #110 on: August 23, 2008, 08:08:35 PM

I've changed my mind.  I want to play the side that doesn't crash me to desktop every 30 minutes.  Please to be telling me which side this is. 

I don't get it.  I've been playing for 30 hours over the past 10 days and I've yet to ctd.  The only 'crash' I had was tonight when my internet went out for 2-3 minutes. 

Do a full file scan off the first pop-up window, that might help. 
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: August 23, 2008, 08:10:56 PM

On that same note, would it be possible for the guild to be on one of the RP servers? I've found playing on those tends to(slightly) decrease said fuckwits. Or at least make GM's change their names.

I like the idea of being on an RP server, even if in practice, most RP is like some ungodly hybrid of the worst elements of Fan Fiction and Cybersex.  But if there's any server where Order is going to outnumber Chaos, it's going to be an RP server.  And all the "*giggle* oops my dress fell orf mylourde *wiiiiink*" crap is going to be Order side, which means we won't be able to thump them unless we go Chaos.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #112 on: August 23, 2008, 10:30:25 PM

Unless they do it in the name of god. Is it in the name of god? I only know wh40k. And even then, only a little.

To go back to this point, in Warhammer the Gods of Order are just as bad as the Gods of Chaos, but in different ways.

WARNING: Lore incoming:

III. The Gods of Law - Alluminas, Solkan and Arianka

The Gods of Law, or Gods of Order, are the antipole to the Chaos Gods in Warhammer lore. Due to their abstract nature and their rigid and merciless views, they do not enjoy great popularity within the human realms.
These Gods are:

- Alluminas, God and Enlightenment and the Lord of the eternal and unalterable light which separates truth from falsehood, rendering anything it touches unchanging and unmoving.
- Arianka, the Goddess of Law, carrying out her sentence with a sword made of Laihtero crystal. This crystal is said to have been created as a reaction to the existence of Warpstone. Legends tell that while this crystal shines on anything in the mortal plane, it will not change in any way. Ironically, when she was defeated by Tzeentch, he imprisoned her in a crystal coffing made of just this material. The coffin is hidden somewhere in the Old World. Legends tell of seven crystal keys able to open her prison, and her remaining followers hunt tirelessly for them.
- Solkan, the God of the Sun and God of Vengeance. He is the first Witch Hunters and Inquisitor, never stopping in his hunt to destroy all Chaotic forces with his flaming sword. He is worshipped primarily in Estalia, though he has some fanatical followers among the Witch Hunters in the Empire as well, though they are looked down upon for their radicalness and intransigence.

There is only one known Greater Daemon of the Gods of Order: Viydagg, also called the Elemental of Life. She appears as a young woman ten foot tall, with flowing robes and streaming hair, her whole body covered in petals. Daemons of Chaos are said to be shocked when he appears, while other beings are gripped by pure, animalistic fear. She is said to be immune to all non-magical attacks and supposedly, all ethereal beings such as ghosts will be banished when in her presence, as well as every kind of animated dead.

A final victory of the Gods of Law over Chaos is as undesirable as a victory of the Chaos Gods, as it would lead to a world without any change, a world standing still in which all life would be suffocated in static, inflexible structures.

Solkan is as close as it comes to a Paladin-esque God, but he's still not someone to feel good about following.

schild
Administrator

Reply #113 on: August 23, 2008, 10:57:41 PM

If these splits stay the same at retail, then I think order is the wya to go, but I'm reading about everything before we pick something. The vote is too close to futz around with.

http://www.wardb.com/search.aspx?browse=119#servers:0+4+1+3+2
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #114 on: August 24, 2008, 12:02:39 AM

Our crew is almost definitely going Order. Everything my guys have seen in game and otherwise makes Order the more attractive faction at this point. Much quicker scenario queues, more mature and organized play, many more team oriented players rather than me, myself and I's.

If you gents end up going order as well, I'll see if we can match servers so we have a nice herd to run with most evenings. Then betray you to chaos.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: August 24, 2008, 12:07:22 AM

On that same note, would it be possible for the guild to be on one of the RP servers? I've found playing on those tends to(slightly) decrease said fuckwits. Or at least make GM's change their names.

I like the idea of being on an RP server, even if in practice, most RP is like some ungodly hybrid of the worst elements of Fan Fiction and Cybersex.  But if there's any server where Order is going to outnumber Chaos, it's going to be an RP server.  And all the "*giggle* oops my dress fell orf mylourde *wiiiiink*" crap is going to be Order side, which means we won't be able to thump them unless we go Chaos.

I always play on RP servers, and I can 100% guarantee you that all roleplaying you find on the server is more like a hybrid between Santa Claus and the flat earth.

All RP means is that you'll see slightly less bullshit and leet speak in the open channels while you're trying to figure out how to mute those channels, that the guilds will in general be a bit more organized while still somehow managing to suck more in rvr, and that the RP server will absolutely be the only one in the entire game without a warrior priest named 'lovestospooge'.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: August 24, 2008, 02:40:25 AM

Yeah, my guild's going order too... not because of elves, but because of dwarves (sorry, dwarfs). 'Cos dorfs are awesome. Not gnome awesome, but awesome.

I wish the hammerer wasn't cut... /sadface

-- Z.

schild
Administrator

Reply #117 on: August 24, 2008, 03:59:28 AM

I will be discussing which way Bat Country will go whenever I can get Tazelbain and Nonentity online at the same time.
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #118 on: August 24, 2008, 10:50:48 AM

I looked for you guys in-game last night didn't see ya.  Only saw Lum and DQ.  I don't have steam.   I did group with Sjofn tho.

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #119 on: August 24, 2008, 10:29:24 PM

See the new forums.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Bat Country: Order or Destruction?  
Jump to: