Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:08:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Dark Knight 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dark Knight  (Read 99889 times)
WayAbvPar

on: July 17, 2008, 07:34:08 AM

There needs to be a GD thread for this so us normal folks don't have to rub elbows with those comic book subforum nerds.

I have tickets for the 8:10 show tomorrow night. I am ridiculously fired up. I have been studiously avoiding spoilers and trailers, so anyone who violates that will earn my everlasting enmity, which will include me trying to give you crotch cancer solely with the power of my mind. It hasn't worked yet that I know of, but you really don't want to be the one in my sights when it happens.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:17:36 PM by schild »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 07:43:49 AM

Bruce Wayne is Batman(!)

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 07:57:21 AM

The midnight premier at the place I normally go is sold out. :(

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 07:58:08 AM

My hometown theater is sold out on all shows til Sat.   ACK!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 07:58:54 AM

I've got a 12:20 Saturday showing planned. We'll see if that's sold out or not.

photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 08:01:49 AM

First screening in Norway is 25th and after the last Batman, you know this one is going to be so full of win. Better cast, better setting and darker overall, wish I could see it tomorrow  Ohhhhh, I see.

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 08:08:05 AM

25th of November?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 08:09:57 AM

25th of November?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

You know, it wouldn't even be surprising if it was 25th of November. Wall-E is coming 27th of August.  swamp poop

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 08:45:45 AM

The plan is to see it in IMAX.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 08:53:42 AM

IMAX are a tough ticket around here, plus the $20 in gas it would cost round trip. If I would have planned better I would have still bit the bullet and seen it there, however.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 09:17:03 AM

Any chance you could edit the title to include something like "Direct all spoilers here" or something so that those of us who have another week to go can browse other threads without having the plot ruined?

Tanks.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
WayAbvPar

Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 10:12:36 AM

I think it is safe to assume that there will be spoilers after tomorrow night.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 11:00:13 AM

I hope it flops so I can see it sooner on DvD.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 11:03:52 AM

I think it is safe to assume that there will be spoilers after tomorrow night.

I know, this was just a puny attempt at damage control. I guess I could try and avoid the internet for a week, I wonder what life without constant internet is like?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 11:57:07 AM

There needs to be a GD thread for this so us normal folks don't have to rub elbows with those comic book subforum nerds.

Having watched it last night, that line has me temped to just spoil the whole movie for you right now. evil
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 12:01:56 PM

I hear there's some guy in a bat costume and the plot is something to do with a deck of cards.  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 12:07:57 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 12:05:22 PM

WHY. SO. SERIOUS?

I haven't looked forward to seeing a movie this much in a very long time.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 01:40:55 PM

Having watched it last night, that line has me temped to just spoil the whole movie for you right now. evil

It's your crotch health at steak. I have been practicing my mental abilities. I am pretty sure I saw the fuckhead ahead of me in traffic wince the other day when I focused.

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 03:28:29 PM

i was thinking about going to the midnight showing.  Or wait till a Monday matinee, save 2 bucks, and have more room to stretch out.

I think I can wait till Monday.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 03:29:45 PM

It's your crotch health at steak. I have been practicing my mental abilities. I am pretty sure I saw the fuckhead ahead of me in traffic wince the other day when I focused.

How about if I just spoil Watchmen for you normal folks 8-9 months in advance instead?

Edit: linked to hi-res trailer for you comic fearing tards instead.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 03:51:21 PM by Velorath »
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 04:25:00 PM

i was thinking about going to the midnight showing.  Or wait till a Monday matinee, save 2 bucks, and have more room to stretch out.

I think I can wait till Monday.

That was my plan, until my girlfriend informed me that we have tickets for tonight at 12:00.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Considering the movie runs 2:32 minutes not counting previews, tomorrow is going to be a very blery-eyed day.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 05:49:17 PM

whoa 2.5 hours?! That's worth the ticket price. I think I'll check if I can get one tonight.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 11:08:09 PM

Ok Spoiler free review (and very brief to keep it that way.) Just got home from the midnight show...

Excellent flick. Not as good as is being touted in a lot of the reviews I've read, but excellent none the less. The Oscar calls for Ledger are legitimate. He absolutely steals every scene he is in.

And this was the major problem for me. Didn't seem to have enough of the Joker in the flick.

8.5 / 10

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 04:50:05 AM

And this was the major problem for me. Didn't seem to have enough of the Joker in the flick.

I think Nolan was (rightly) afraid of remaking Burton's cheesy little abortion, since that basically just turned into the Jack Nicholson show.  A little Joker goes a long way; don't overplay your villain.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #24 on: July 18, 2008, 05:47:30 AM

Good movie.  Worth the hype.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #25 on: July 18, 2008, 06:23:52 AM

You'd think by watching the trailers on TV that the Joker was in every scene.  Also, I couldn't and watch a film for 2 1/2 hours.  Just couldn't do it.  I need breaks.  Another reason I never go to the cinema, other than the smell and horrible people.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 08:14:56 AM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 09:12:43 AM

I am by no means a devotee of Watchmen, but even I had a nice little geekgasm after seeing that trailer.  When a director has love and respect for the source material, it shows.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #28 on: July 18, 2008, 11:07:15 AM

I also would give it about a 8.5, dragged on a little bit. Heath was fucking fantastic. He stole that movie. Really stole it. They should have called it The Joker like was rumored months ago. I also think he should get an Oscar.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 09:25:03 PM

I'm going to make this pen, disappear...... ACK!

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 10:31:59 PM

You'd think by watching the trailers on TV that the Joker was in every scene.  Also, I couldn't and watch a film for 2 1/2 hours.  Just couldn't do it.  I need breaks.  Another reason I never go to the cinema, other than the smell and horrible people.

You and I have very similar opinions on both film and people.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 11:32:57 PM

Fucking Fantastic. Ledger's play as Joke was so entirely, unquestionably, Full OF Win. DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 19, 2008, 12:52:35 AM

If you do not love this movie, you are a communist.  Fucking fantastic film.

Best batman movie out of them all, best comic-book adaptation ever.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:56:26 AM by ahoythematey »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 19, 2008, 01:26:22 AM

Holy Fuck.

The Trailer.  Not the Pants.  The pants are understandable.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #34 on: July 19, 2008, 06:37:58 AM

I'm going to make this pen, disappear...... ACK!

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I laughed.

Other great visual joke in the film: a fire engine... on fire  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I feel sorry for Christian Bale - he's Batman, but he gets pushed off-screen by the rest of the cast. Maggie G. was a good replacement for Holmes, Aaron Eckhart is just fantastic, Eric Roberts et al - it was all good.

Perhaps a bit drawn out, but it was truly a crime film, not a comic book film.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: The Dark Knight  
Jump to: