Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:54:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Fantastic Four World's Greatest Heroes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantastic Four World's Greatest Heroes  (Read 9763 times)
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

on: June 18, 2008, 07:28:24 AM

The complete 1st season is out. Pretty decent stuff. The set is very sexy, 4 discs with a comic book. Has 26 episodes (9 never before seen). (That is one damn busy season) Pretty damn solid.

$30 @ Target.

In case you were wondering, it is a French animation house (Moonscoop), they did Code Lyoko. One of the writers from here (Josh Fine) is working on the new Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon. Some of the scripts were also done by the X-Men Evolution/Beast Wars writer (Bob Forward).

The cartoon was kinda screwed from the get go, it was shown at weird times, out of order and often skipped around in time slots. The set shows them in order and adds all the missing episodes. Anyway, here are some images of the set. I think they did a good job.

I apologize for the blurry images, (camera phone) that and I am at work... Anyway, I saw a few episodes and it is pretty good. Worth owning if you are into collecting comic book cartoons or all the marvel animation. fun stuff.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 07:33:10 AM by HAMMER FRENZY »

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 08:48:52 AM

I tried to watch it, couldn't make it through one episode. Do not want.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 09:04:49 AM

Has anyone ever figured out what the fuck is happening in Code Lyoko, every once in awhile I wile away my hungover Saturday hours watching cartoons and the only two that interest me are Code Lyoko and Eon Kid because I have no fucking clue wtf is going on.  The rest of them are total shit.  Esp the new TMNT, Batman and any time I see a "modern" Transformers it makes me want to kill.  Fucking humans in my transformers show!!!! 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 12:37:28 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 12:36:46 PM

It is really depressing how shitty Saturday morning cartoons have gotten.  I try not to turn on the TV on Saturdays any more.

Even the relatively good stuff on Adult Swim is shit (IMO) compared to stuff like the old Tick animated series.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:45:25 PM

Yeah the tick was great.

I actually liked the new Batman cartoon. The animation was pretty nice, and they had some interesting takes on the characters.

schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 03:20:14 PM

Fantastic Four? Really?

Worst supergroup ever. C'mon. >_<
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 03:27:46 PM

Is this good news for people who like bad news? The only interpretation of the team I ever liked was the Ellis/Cassiday version from Planetary. They have some cool arch enemies though.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 03:44:56 PM

I kind of liked the new FF cartoon. New Batman was total crap.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 09:36:27 PM

I loved Byrne's run, up until around the time he put She-Hulk on the team.
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 09:00:37 AM

Margalis: It is odd that you liked the new FF cartoon over the new BM cartoon. What was it about the Batman cartoon you disliked so much? 

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 09:02:06 AM

I actually like the new Batman cartoon. Once I got over the  ACK! at seeing their interpretation of the Joker, I was ok with it. The fight scenes are well-done, and it doesn't really do much egregious ass-fucking with the license. I can't say the same for this version of the FF or Teen Titans.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 10:10:03 AM

If you are talking shit about Teen Titans while praising The Batman you sir have fucking less then zero taste in cartoons.  I'll stand for a ton of shit, but that is just too much.  I demand a duel.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 10:11:11 AM

Titans was anime wannabe shit. Too many big eyes.

HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 11:28:28 AM

HaemishM: Yeah, I thought the Batman was actually good, and god forbid someone tried something different with the characters. I'm glad they took some liberties with the designs. TO be honest though, unless you have seen the new Joker in the Batman vs Dracula dtdvd movie, you can't make a judgment on this joker cause he was bad ass in that.

On the Teen Titans thing. Man that show is cool. Besides the fact that that intro is fucking amazing. (Really, watch it with your asshole hat off sometime) The show is really freaking good for younger audiences. I didn't like it much initially, but it grew on me and now I am considering buying the sets. They were pretty neat once you got over the animation style clashes.

Now one thing I need to make clear, it seems like a lot of people compare this new stuff to some of the best stuff made in the past, which is unfair. 90s animation was a freaking god-send. MOre companies had more money to found more impressive stuff. Comparing todays lower budget sales oriented cartoons to the same decade that spawned Batman, Superman, Tick, Talespin, Rescue Rangers and Ren and Stimpy, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Gargolyles, Beast Wars, Rough Necks, Samurai Pizza Cats, Spiderman, Animaniacs,  is a mistake. Even Spongebob is run off from 90s style animation and pacing. (it was released in 99)
Unfortunately the good times are behind us.   
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 11:38:59 AM by HAMMER FRENZY »

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 03:34:14 PM

I hated the art style of the new Batman, I just couldn't get past it.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 05:22:25 PM

Just to add to Hammer Frenzy's point - the animation studio that did Batman: TAS (which arguably kicked off a lot of very good cartoons) went bankrupt due to the quality of the animation they provided the show with. They didn't cost it correctly. A lot of studios that copied the style did things to cut those costs moving forward, which is why (imo) it never looked as good.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 06:42:36 PM

My problem with the new Batman was less quality and production value and more the actual art design decisions.

Write me down as one who enjoyed the Teen Titans series. I know nothing about the DC characters so I didn't have any authenticity problems.

HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 07:48:03 PM

My problem with the new Batman was less quality and production value and more the actual art design decisions.

Write me down as one who enjoyed the Teen Titans series. I know nothing about the DC characters so I didn't have any authenticity problems.

Yeah, I can see how some people might think that. But I also see how the show also couldn't just take the same steps as TAS and to be honest they lacked the money and time. I think that givin what they had to work with, they did a damn fine job. If you watch a lot of the episodes, there were definitely many that were not aimed towards the normal young target audience. Add to that the fact that they brought back characters that were out for some time, or not seen in an animated version of Batman, (firefly, black mask,Grundy, spell binder, Hugo Strange, Etc) and also added the original Clay Face character (Basil Karlo, as opposed to TAS which used Matt Hagen). I think they did a good job of getting a lot of cool batman characters and situations and also deal with the inability to show knockdown drag out fight scenes, guns firing, references to real drugs or dying etc. Things are a lot harder to get away with now and they did a good job of working around it.   

on another note, for you fans of Gargolyles, Detective Ellen Yin was most likely based off of officer Elisa Maza from Gargoyles. The resemblance between them is uncanny.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 08:05:20 PM

I've seen like 2 episodes of that FF cartoon, neither made me give a crap.

On the Other hand, I've seen one episode of the New Batman cartoon and it was more then well done and justified its existence (Gotham was infected with a Zombie plague  ACK! or was it!). I still prefer the 'original' Batman cartoon, the one that eventually spun off into the Justice League cartoon. But that's probably just my nostalgia giving it preference.

I enjoyed the Teen Titans cartoon, even if it wasn't made for me. But I could see how someone who doesn't like anime styles or grew up with the Titans would not enjoy it.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 11:39:52 AM

I really liked Teen Titans and even enjoyed the style.  Yes it was anime-ish, but at least it was consistent and looked good.  It also had some of the best plots I've seen in a cartoon in ages and the writers remembered events of previous shows.

Even if it wasn't your cup of tea, more shows need to use that level of quality.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 08:34:19 PM

I loved the episode that took place in England, or against some English guy anyway, with red double-decker buses and such.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 10:50:34 AM

Mad Mod.  He hypnotized the Americans of the Titan's city into believing they were British subjects.  A very silly, but very funny episode, especially for someone who grew up on British TV shows.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Fantastic Four World's Greatest Heroes  
Jump to: