Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:13:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: So what's Mass Market Again? Conan hits 1M (shipped). 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So what's Mass Market Again? Conan hits 1M (shipped).  (Read 251430 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: June 11, 2008, 06:40:13 PM

I'm level 57 and i've had a full quest log the entire time, thats after completely skipping cistern/main system since they are public dungeons which would have been a couple extra levels and skipping toirdebachs tomb because i just haven found a group.  There is no lack of content, people just dont know where the fuck they are supposed to go.  Theres no "brick wall" at 40 50 60 or any other level, theres just some traveling and looking around involved.

I am the .00000001428%
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: June 11, 2008, 06:57:41 PM

I don't think anyone disputes that AoC has better graphics schild. Posting biased images isn't honest, nor relevant.
schild
Administrator

Reply #177 on: June 11, 2008, 06:59:08 PM

I don't think anyone disputes that AoC has better graphics schild. Posting biased images isn't honest, nor relevant.

Biased? Top level ranger gear vs top level hunter gear is biased? I didn't even add my opinion. I merely said that it says it all. The two games are night and day apart and that picture says it. I just didn't want to make a new thread to dump it into.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: June 11, 2008, 07:06:24 PM

Biased? Top level ranger gear vs top level hunter gear is biased? I didn't even add my opinion. I merely said that it says it all. The two games are night and day apart and that picture says it. I just didn't want to make a new thread to dump it into.

That's Hunter T6. A pretty average image of it as well.
schild
Administrator

Reply #179 on: June 11, 2008, 07:08:59 PM

Ok, that picture works also. What's your point?
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: June 11, 2008, 07:10:22 PM

Ok, that picture works also. What's your point?

Graphics have nothing to do with people's issues with AoC, nor with WoW's success.
schild
Administrator

Reply #181 on: June 11, 2008, 07:27:31 PM

It's not just the graphics. I know half of your posts are just you getting off being an asshole, but I'll entertain your narrow-view for just a second.

That graphical comparison says every difference between the two games. The serious bits, the approach to fantasy and design, everything. It isn't just OOOOOOH LOOKIT THE SHADOWS HUR HUR.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: June 11, 2008, 07:55:39 PM

AoC at least prioritized the right way, and looks to have sold enough boxes to at least pay the up front investment. If they lose players now, they nix some jobs, and everything that needs to get done to fix the game takes longer to get done. But they're still alive.

Honestly, not really. When it comes to 'making the game better' it's not a choice between that and marketing. They could have done fewer classes, fewer poorly implemented features, more content, slower leveling, etc and STILL have done just as well in sales and such. And they would have had better word of mouth, more people likely to stick with the game, less people shitty about bugs.
[/quote]
Erm, really. You don't get a million box sales in this genre with this type of game with these types of system requirements by just relying on the quality of your product. Otherwise, Sins of the Solar Empire would be breaking millions more still. You need that marketing. And it's not just Funcom marketing. You get retailer support and their marketing (good placement, circulars, web presence, etc) if you can convince them you're doing a big marketing push. Retailers want foot traffic, and will back whoever's coming with the most dollars.

You don't want to market a bad game of course. But you can't not market a good game either, and expect it to sell by the truckload. And Funcom shareholders are probably like shareholders the world over: "what are you doing to sell the game". "Making it good" is not the only answer you can give back smiley And Funcom was not going to get another year of production either, from these same people.

Everything else you said is also true of course. Good marketing + good game = $$$. But don't be fooled by the virtriol of the oboards and veteran sites either. The game's got issues a good chunk of players won't encounter or won't care about if they do.

On the graphics thing: it's a style call. You either like the WoW style or you don't. Same with AoC. The number of polygons and amount of maps are there to further whichever still you want.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: June 11, 2008, 08:00:45 PM

It's not just the graphics. I know half of your posts are just you getting off being an asshole, but I'll entertain your narrow-view for just a second.

That graphical comparison says every difference between the two games. The serious bits, the approach to fantasy and design, everything. It isn't just OOOOOOH LOOKIT THE SHADOWS HUR HUR.

It is just the graphics. I know half your posts are you just gushing about shit because you are wildly optimistic about whatever you're doing right now, but I'll entertain your view for a second.

That graphical comparison is between a carefully chosen well rendered AoC character and a carefully chosen, poorly rendered, WoW character.

It says a bit about art design, a bit about system requirements, a bit about age of the game, a bit about game setting (what type of Fantasy), a bit about how seriously the game takes itself.

It says nothing about gameplay (quality, mechanics, etc) insofar as it is unrelated to these things.

It has basically nothing to do with anything in this thread and is just you hanging shit on a game you dislike while pumping up a game you like.

@Darniaq:

All I was saying is they could have a better game without impacting on the marketing. :)
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #184 on: June 11, 2008, 08:04:48 PM

I'm level 57 and i've had a full quest log the entire time, thats after completely skipping cistern/main system since they are public dungeons which would have been a couple extra levels and skipping toirdebachs tomb because i just haven found a group.  There is no lack of content, people just dont know where the fuck they are supposed to go.  Theres no "brick wall" at 40 50 60 or any other level, theres just some traveling and looking around involved.

Where did you go from 53+?  I did every quest I could find in...everywhere, and ran out at 53 except for cistern/main system/tomb.

Also, from our esteemed reviewer-
Character art, animation and spell effects are even more detailed than the scenery, and while there is some visible "skating" and "rubberbanding" when other players move around you, animation and movement is far more realistic than in Lord of the Rings Online. It can't quite touch World of Warcraft, but what it loses in animation quality and smoothness, it takes back in the amount of detail and texture quality.

Lulz.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: June 11, 2008, 08:10:34 PM

Yeah you mentioned that earlier Nerf. Maybe you should just copy every posts you've made in this thread twice. Just to make sure.

You seem to have missed the bit where he says "animation quality and smoothness". You do know what smooth means? And animation means? I can have a stick figure that animates more smoothly and realistically than something with 100 billion polygons. Then, and this is the funny bit because they're the very next words in the sentence, he says "amount of detail and texture quality" is better! Omg!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 08:12:59 PM by lamaros »
Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: June 11, 2008, 08:18:21 PM

No, he doesn't say that it's better, he says that what it lacks in quality and smoothness, it makes up for in detail, right after he says that it can't touch WoW.

The base statement is still that it can't touch WoW.  Hence, lulz.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #187 on: June 11, 2008, 08:18:48 PM

I'll go back to my original statement. Some people are just haters.

Go play Wow, it's got everything you seem to need. I'll be here having fun, thanks.

Also, the same people complaining about a little grinding are probably exalted in 10 different factions in Wow just so they could get some purple ring or crafting recipe. I'll trade AoC's broke crafting and many other bugs/missing features to never have to grind rep again. Then again, I'm not looking for problems cause I'm too busy bitchsmacking fools outside Tesso/Sanctum. Another thing I love about this game, a level 40 HoX and a lvl 42 ToS can kill a 56 Bear Shaman and his apprenticed friend. Try THAT in WoW.

Oh wait, I'm sure my friend and I were just button mashing that whole time. AoC button mashing is the win kind of button mashing. When I think back to playing my priest in Wow in PVP compared to my ToS in Conan......wow, I'm never going back to that bullshit.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: June 11, 2008, 08:22:33 PM

The animation in WOW is shit. Comapre WOW to any real 3d game where you view your character from 3rd person -- it sucks ass.  Even among MMORPGs certainly FFXI, Anarchy Online and even EQ2 have better animation.

Maybe Conan is even worse -- if so that's quite an accomplishment.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: June 11, 2008, 08:23:17 PM

Where did you go from 53+?  I did every quest I could find in...everywhere, and ran out at 53 except for cistern/main system/tomb.

Also, from our esteemed reviewer-
Character art, animation and spell effects are even more detailed than the scenery, and while there is some visible "skating" and "rubberbanding" when other players move around you, animation and movement is far more realistic than in Lord of the Rings Online. It can't quite touch World of Warcraft, but what it loses in animation quality and smoothness, it takes back in the amount of detail and texture quality.

Lulz.

Egliopian or somesuch mountains, the zone after field of the dead.  Now that ive done every quest there im getting quests that send me to thunder river which i guess is the next questing spot.

I am the .00000001428%
Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: June 11, 2008, 08:26:14 PM

Hmm, I'm 53 and have done every quest in there and no more !s, how odd.

Either way though, apparently Falconeer is correct, and we've all been mis stating, there is not a lack of 40+ content, theres just a lack of 50-60 quests.

Anyone who quit at 40 due to "lack of content" was looking for an excuse.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: June 11, 2008, 09:02:24 PM

Then again, I'm not looking for problems cause I'm too busy bitchsmacking fools outside Tesso/Sanctum. Another thing I love about this game, a level 40 HoX and a lvl 42 ToS can kill a 56 Bear Shaman and his apprenticed friend. Try THAT in WoW.

I love balanced pvp.

And did you just seriously call people 'haters'? what are you, 15? Jesus christ some of you people need to grow up, especially you schild, you should know better. Saying you like a game is not the same thing as dissing someone's mother.

it's....not...personal....

I'll amend this by saying for some, it is but it shouldn't be. It's ok not to like wow, it's ok not to like age of conan. We get it, you prefer one game over the other but for fucks sake why can't some of you take yourselves out of your goddamned childish love affairs and see games for not only their flaws but their attributes?  One of the best things about sites like this is rational discussion about game design and not "blargle blargle my game's digi-cock is bigger" (digi-cock is now copyrighted, no stealing)

I want a good clean fight here people, if you're going to whip it out you do it regulation style....with top hats...and monocles.

Things like "don't be haters, yo" or "lawl you must suck if you think the game is bad post 40" or "see? wow sucks so aoc is good" have a place, on official forums...where every stupid post is just like that. Take more than five seconds when you write your post instead of posting an argument, try to hold a discussion...it won't kill you and i promise im not going to violate your mothers.

again. awesome, for real

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: June 11, 2008, 09:11:52 PM

Then again, I'm not looking for problems cause I'm too busy bitchsmacking fools outside Tesso/Sanctum. Another thing I love about this game, a level 40 HoX and a lvl 42 ToS can kill a 56 Bear Shaman and his apprenticed friend. Try THAT in WoW.

Words

Hater.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: June 11, 2008, 09:24:22 PM

I love balanced pvp.

And did you just seriously call people 'haters'? what are you, 15? Jesus christ some of you people need to grow up, especially you schild, you should know better. Saying you like a game is not the same thing as dissing someone's mother.

it's....not...personal....

I'll amend this by saying for some, it is but it shouldn't be. It's ok not to like wow, it's ok not to like age of conan. We get it, you prefer one game over the other but for fucks sake why can't some of you take yourselves out of your goddamned childish love affairs and see games for not only their flaws but their attributes?  One of the best things about sites like this is rational discussion about game design and not "blargle blargle my game's digi-cock is bigger" (digi-cock is now copyrighted, no stealing)

I want a good clean fight here people, if you're going to whip it out you do it regulation style....with top hats...and monocles.

Things like "don't be haters, yo" or "lawl you must suck if you think the game is bad post 40" or "see? wow sucks so aoc is good" have a place, on official forums...where every stupid post is just like that. Take more than five seconds when you write your post instead of posting an argument, try to hold a discussion...it won't kill you and i promise im not going to violate your mothers.

again. awesome, for real

On a serious note, you are the standard poster on any forum that never listens or addresses other people's discussion points...cause well, yours are superior. We get it, you are right. Leave us to our horrible game. Don't taze me, bro!

What did you mean by I love balanced PVP? Are you saying that the fact that two forties killed a 56 and a lower level friend unbalanced? Cause I say its about fuckin time. I am quite tired of levels creating such a massive discrepancy. I don't know, half the time on this board I hear people talking shit about PVP that don't partake in it anyways...so it's par for the course really.

I don't dislike WoW, I played probably like 80 days (thats 80 days played in game). I believe now that if I tried playing WoW I would be even more underwhelmed after AoC's combat. And fuck rep grinds. And fuck their loot centric, guild fucking endgame. That's all. I'm just hatin'.

squirrel
Contributor

Reply #194 on: June 11, 2008, 09:24:47 PM

I'll go back to my original statement. Some people are just haters.

Go play Wow, it's got everything you seem to need. I'll be here having fun, thanks.

This pretty much ends the argument. Or discussion.

I'm not sure why this thread has degenerated into a hillibilly discussion of whose mama sucks dick best, nor do I care. Does AoC have huge issues? Most certainly yes. Does WoW own the market - durr. Why are these even reasonable talking points here? The fact is that even with all its warts AoC has a fun game - it's better visually realized than some of its competitors, it has a content team willing to take chances that the 'mainstream' game won't do, and it had some interesting player mechanics. Plus it has Hyboria and Conan - a strong IP.

So yeah - seriously stfu if you hate the game. Good for you. I hated DDO and LoTRO. Good for me. Go look for my posts on threads for those games. You won't find any. You know why? CAUSE I DON'T BOTHER BITCHING ABOUT A GAME I WON'T PLAY.

Fuck. Like WoW? Cool. Go play it. I like it too. But I'm bored now and AoC and  NDA fit the bill nicely. So play what you like.

EDIT: To add: So play what you like - AND STFU ABOUT WHY WHAT WE LIKE IS BAD. YES YOU. STFU.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:28:53 PM by squirrel »

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: June 11, 2008, 09:46:23 PM

Also with regards to animation, WOW is at an advantage in that the animations don't actually mean dick, they aren't tied to what's happening in any real way. Which means they could look as awesome as they wanted.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: June 11, 2008, 09:59:59 PM

I think there are two? people in this thread who hate AoC (I'm not one of them). There sure are a heck of a lot of people who seems to hate anyone who doesn't love AoC though. Boggles the mind, I'd have thought they'd be playing the awesomeness that is AoC instead of bitching about people here.

Does AoC have huge issues? Most certainly yes. Does WoW own the market - durr. Why are these even reasonable talking points here?

1) Because it's a thread about AoC?
2) I dunno. Because someone compared AoC to WoW in part of his review? Because schild hates WoW?

BTW, I'm hardly a WoW fan. (I have played it less than you Slayerik). I'm just trying to inject some reasonable discussion into a topic that is overcome with "this is 100% awesome and I won't hear a bad word about it". Criticism does not preclude celebration, and it offers a much better position for people who haven't played the game to get an expectation.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: June 11, 2008, 10:02:04 PM

I'm actually playing aoc as i type this. there's no doubt it has a fun side to it.

also to clarify 'because' i play aoc i know 14-16 levels IS a huge difference so while you may think it was your leet pvp skillz that won against a 56 and an effective level 55, i have to say it probably speaks more of class imbalance but that's a point that can't be proven.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #198 on: June 11, 2008, 10:06:25 PM

I think there are two? people in this thread who hate AoC (I'm not one of them). There sure are a heck of a lot of people who seems to hate anyone who doesn't love AoC though. Boggles the mind, I'd have thought they'd be playing the awesomeness that is AoC instead of bitching about people here.

Does AoC have huge issues? Most certainly yes. Does WoW own the market - durr. Why are these even reasonable talking points here?

2) I dunno. Because someone compared AoC to WoW in part of his review? Because schild hates WoW?

BTW, I'm hardly a WoW fan. (I have played it less than you Slayerik). I'm just trying to inject some reasonable discussion into a topic that is overcome with "this is 100% awesome and I won't hear a bad word about it". Criticism does not preclude celebration, and it offers a much better position for people who haven't played the game to get an expectation.

If you didn't notice, I posted 5 pages of fixes the game needs earlier today. In patch form. And none of it was a joke. I mean, some were literally jokes, but they're all valid fixes to address various concerns I or others have with the game.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #199 on: June 11, 2008, 10:09:20 PM

Firstly - quote your sources right, I'm not Slayerik, I don't even know who he is.

Secondly - to address your assertion that this is the drive of reasonable discourse - have you bothered to visit the board dedicated to AoC here on this very forum? Because if you have - which I would expect of someone as diligent as you in your quest for fairness - you would easily see that there are many complaints about the game in its current state.

So what is your point exactly? We're far from AoC fanboys - here's a hint - go look at the threads under the Age of Conan sub-board here. You speak of celebration - only a fucking idiot does so without educating himself on his audience. Go, padawan, and look. And then defend that position. It's futile. Trust me.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:12:48 PM by squirrel »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: June 11, 2008, 10:13:56 PM

If you didn't notice, I posted 5 pages of fixes the game needs earlier today. In patch form. And none of it was a joke. I mean, some were literally jokes, but they're all valid fixes to address various concerns I or others have with the game.

Yeah I know. Your enthusiasm isn't stupid when you're playing things. But some other people get a bit more "fuckoff if you don't agree with me" than you do, and much less constructive in regard to problems.

You do have issues with WoW though.  smiley

Secondly - to address your assertion that this is the assertion of reasonable discourse - have you bothered to visit the board dedicated to AoC here on this very forum? Because if you have - which I would expect of someone as diligent as you in your quest for fairness - you would easily see that there are many complaints about the game in its current state.

So what is your point exactly? We're far from AoC fanboys - here's a hint - go look at the threads under the Age of Conan sub-board here. You speak of celebration - only a fucking idiot does so without educating himself on his audience. Go, padawan, and look. And then defend that position. It's futile. Trust me.

Yeah I've read most of them. Do you see me posting in those AoC threads? No because there's no one being a dick (read: Nerf and some others) about AoC's problems in those threads. Yet this thread is full of shit having a go at anyone who doesn't like it.
Jarnis
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: June 11, 2008, 10:14:10 PM

I have to ask sam, but have you been reading all the quest dialogue?

While there are alot of quests that involve killing people and taking shit, the explanations behind them are pretty damn good in many cases, and alot of the quests have had me rolling. (taking the shirts from bums in tortage was great)

Seconded. Even my review commends them for that - especially as the quest goals are usually not that innovative (kill this, fetch that, fed ex this), the storylines are actually well-written and funny. I was laughing out loud when I found the "goldseller" in Tarantia Noble District...

Darniaq hit my point right on the head, I've never heard anyone list unrealistic fences as zone lines as a game-breaking issue.

It kills immersion, and it's effectively unfixable. That's why it's such a big deal. I guess I'm sucker for immersion...

My problem lies with comments like "It feels like a single player game because of the awful instancing", followed directly by "fucking goldfarmers camp everything and it's ruining my game!"

Which makes even less sense once you actually go kill a few of these bosses that drop blues, and realize they're almost all bind on pickup.

Sorry, my review was already 8 pages long, so I tried not to spend pages to explain simple points. My point was that due to the fact that players are split to numerous instanced copies of every zone, you can end up running around alone a lot. It doesn't feel "massive" when a fairly large outdoor zone seems deserted. Yet at the same time the instancing was done wrong with the dungeons and it allows you to wade through couple of dozens of trash mobs only to find out that every boss spawn is camped by someone. This was found to be a problem like ten years ago, and almost every game has "fixed" it, one way or another. AoC went back to 1990s.

And those blues sell for like 5-7 silver a pop to vendors. It's the resale value to *vendors* that entices people to camp them at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:23:58 PM by Jarnis »
Jarnis
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: June 11, 2008, 10:19:40 PM

Well, maybe *that* is a problem then?

The game tries hard to block you from actually exploring with five feet tall fences, then expects you to, well, explore a lot. If lot of players get a feeling after 40 that there isn't anything to do, maybe that's poor world design?

WoW actually did one thing right - whenever the game expects you to go to a new quest hub or find a new area, you usually get a quest to go there - or completing a quest will unavoidably show you some new shiny bit in the world and the curious cat in you demands you to go see what's there.
schild
Administrator

Reply #203 on: June 11, 2008, 10:21:47 PM

I'm sorry, but any game where you walk up mountains, kill hundreds of crocodiles and other various animals, commit suicide to travel, slaughter thousands, and do god knows what else is already completely unimmersive within the confines of your current argument. An invisible wall should be the least of your complains.

The instancing is slightly problematic and it's also easily fixed. It's the sort of thing that is, in fact, so easily fixed that I didn't even bother to put much anything about it in the patch notes. There may have been a passing mention to it.

The game tries hard to block you from actually exploring with five feet tall fences, then expects you to, well, explore a lot. If lot of players get a feeling after 40 that there isn't anything to do, maybe that's poor world design?

I've found a way to jump over 90% of those fences. And having proper collision and being able to jump over them is another form of fun. As for your next quest comment, I'll just defer you to the previous bit - there are better things to complain about in the core game than fences higher than your knees and some poor-but-fixable quest concerns.
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #204 on: June 11, 2008, 10:31:48 PM

Jarnis - Most people here I think would agree with most parts of your review, I know most of us have read it. It was a well written and researched piece. Your take on the game identifies the problems well, but you fail to identify the fun. Which is ok. Fun is hard to quantify. Which is why noone here is saying you must agree with us. You're right, there's huge problems, but the game is fun.

To others in this thread - wtf? It's not like this is a fanboy haven. AoC is a good game, when it's good. When it's not, it needs work. Yelling that so and so  "HATES WOW" is really neither accurate nor helpful in making better games. 

It's about fun games for US.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:39:53 PM by squirrel »

Jarnis
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: June 11, 2008, 10:50:48 PM

I've found a way to jump over 90% of those fences. And having proper collision and being able to jump over them is another form of fun.

You *can*?

Damn you, now I have to fire up the game and see for myself. The explorer in me is interested... even if most likely I'll just fall through the world or get banned for being in an area you are not supposed to be in...  awesome, for real
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #206 on: June 11, 2008, 10:53:30 PM

I've found a way to jump over 90% of those fences. And having proper collision and being able to jump over them is another form of fun.

You *can*?

Yeah you can. It's not just fences - or at least in my experience it's not...

schild
Administrator

Reply #207 on: June 11, 2008, 10:56:16 PM

I can think of about 4 different invisible walls I haven't actually been able to get past.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #208 on: June 11, 2008, 11:18:52 PM

Well, maybe *that* is a problem then?

No damn no.
As I said, the problem with Age of Conan content is that it spoils you into playing it as a solo game. Maybe you grouped for a while before 40, maybe you helped a friend. But it's only when you hit 45 that you realize sometimes you *have* to get into a few group only dungeons.
By that point many (not everyone, for fuck's sake) are unprepared, tired, spoiled enough to think that such content (dungeons) isn't really content, those quest aren't really queste HENCE the game is broken and the content missing. Woohoo.

Think about World of Warcraft and take out all the dungeons, cause clearly you can't do them alone. You are level 30 - 40. How much content prevents you from grinding?

If lot of players get a feeling after 40 that there isn't anything to do, maybe that's poor world design?

Sorry, I never believed the hype. Sheeps can't prove points. So maybe... but not this time.

WoW actually did one thing right - whenever the game expects you to go to a new quest hub or find a new area, you usually get a quest to go there - or completing a quest will unavoidably show you some new shiny bit in the world and the curious cat in you demands you to go see what's there.

I see. Large sign "Monsters this way --->", or content doesn't exist.
Spoiled spoiled spoiled. Because maybe engraved with a less fancy font bust such signs are in Age of Conan too, you can even see them as "exes" on the map/GPS thingie. So wtf?
Spoiled, you all.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: June 12, 2008, 01:05:31 AM

I think that really says everything.

All it says to me is that one will run smoothly on a 5 year old computer and the other will need a 5 month old one.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: So what's Mass Market Again? Conan hits 1M (shipped).  
Jump to: