Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:37:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be useful: Things You Like 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's be useful: Things You Like  (Read 39202 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #105 on: July 09, 2008, 12:57:16 AM

Well no, it has potential  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Rake
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: July 18, 2008, 12:49:59 AM

I like the Map having arrows pointing to the NPCs.

The click on the X or area to highlight my quest is also cool.

Seperate Inventory tabs for Stuff, Resources and Quest stuff.

Mounts that can kick people off cliffs.

Character models that look hot.

Some of the dialogue is pretty amusing enough to make me finish my coffee before reading. (that guy at the end of the dungeon where you kill all the creepy statues, for example).

Not rellying on gear so much (yet). I'd rather get on with the fun of playing than stressing over getting purple titled gear.

Flexibility of grouping. So far it's seemed to work out well without worrying too much about whether the tank is tank specced, or not. Just about every group so far has been doable.

Not a revolutionary game, but at least stepping in the right direction for me.
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: August 06, 2008, 10:41:32 AM

So, does anyone here still like this game, or am I alone now?  I typically can't stand pvp, but I ended up migrating all my characters over to Cimmeria, because it makes the game feel more alive, and the overall level of dickishness is much lower than your typical pvp server.

As to things I like, I enjoyed the rationale behind how the resurrection points work, and why you end up there when you die.  The shift that happens to you at your level 60 destiny quest is also reflected in the game world, if you take a look at the rez points from that point onward.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: August 06, 2008, 10:59:28 AM

I like it, just not playing ATM. Its needs work, and i am having fun Duoing with my girl in LOTRO.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: August 06, 2008, 11:29:11 AM

I like it, though I'm a little burned out and taking a break.  My free time has been really low the last few weeks, and I'm taking advantage of the EQ2 "give you all expansions for a one month sub" deal with what time I do have.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: August 06, 2008, 11:49:10 AM

I like it theres just nothing to do at 80 yet, and my crafted armor is so op i feel like i have to wear it and it looks like ass.

I am the .00000001428%
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #111 on: August 08, 2008, 03:01:29 PM

Still liking and playing a lot. Leveling up a 3rd character (never did anything like this since Shadowbane superfast leveling servers) thanks to buddy keys and very easy powerleveling techniques.

Still waiting for the PvP patch and some real action, but the occasional Border Kingdom mayhem and the promises of things to come are more than enough to keep me and my friends hooked.

PandaSilvia
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: August 08, 2008, 06:03:12 PM

Hmm.... this is tough :P i like to sit on my horse and kick unsuspecting victims off bridges and ledges :)

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: August 17, 2008, 02:28:17 PM

I wanted to like it, really I did. But in comparison with a certain other not-yet-published game that I cannot speak further of  NDA even the "evolutionary" features of AoC aren't very impressive. It's otherwise a cookie-cutter design in an industry where the cookies have long since been cut by a very competent team of designers. What people want is something other than cookies. If you're making cookies, they'd better be fucking fantastic cookies, and AoC's aren't. They're average with a bit of weird vaguely interesting flavor and then every fourth cookie has lard or smoked fish or some fucking shit in them and then the assholes that sold you the cookies tell you to shut the fuck up and eat your lutefisk already.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be useful: Things You Like  
Jump to: