Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:41:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be useful: Things You Like 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's be useful: Things You Like  (Read 39643 times)
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: May 27, 2008, 11:35:21 AM

Something else that makes me think this is the case are the gorilla's in the very first part of the game.  At first they didn't drop banannas, now they do (I'm not sure if there was a patch between when they didn't, and when they started to).  So it seems that loot isn't done yet.

I noticed that as well and came to the same conclusion. Ye gods I hope we're right.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #71 on: May 27, 2008, 11:55:16 AM

I haven't had a banana since beta, dammit! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #72 on: May 27, 2008, 11:56:47 AM

I got a banana on my newest toon.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #73 on: May 27, 2008, 12:10:45 PM

Has anyone tried roof jumping in Tortage yet? I spent 20 minutes trying to get up on a roof with no success. Got close a few times using spirnt and jump.

I have never played WoW.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #74 on: May 29, 2008, 03:46:19 AM

Collision detection. Awesome.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: May 29, 2008, 03:49:44 AM

Agree, the collision detection is awesome.  My friend started doing this thing where he'd sprint in front of me, then stutter-step.  Pretty soon I'd start to dodge his stutter-step as a way not to be slowed down.

Now we are into full-blown conan-nascar racing within zone instances to the exit point.  Makes me laugh like hell each and every time.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: May 29, 2008, 07:04:54 AM

REND

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #77 on: May 29, 2008, 07:08:41 AM

If we all stand in front of the doorway, can we effectively grief people by blocking their way?

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #78 on: May 29, 2008, 07:19:16 AM

If we all stand in front of the doorway, can we effectively grief people by blocking their way?
Do it with your war mammoths.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 29, 2008, 07:26:59 AM

Have you used a trader recently? Don't be the first in line.  Mob

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #80 on: May 29, 2008, 08:51:56 AM

I haven't been playing lately and I probably won't be for a while.  I'll probably log in to f13 sporadically, too, though I've been forgetting and leaving myself logged in to whatever the last thing I looked at was.  I'm having family issues and all sorts of awful stuff happening so I've been in a bit flaky and forgetful.  I'm looking forward to finding new and amusing ways to grief people, though.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: May 29, 2008, 09:27:06 AM

I haven't been playing lately and I probably won't be for a while.  I'll probably log in to f13 sporadically, too, though I've been forgetting and leaving myself logged in to whatever the last thing I looked at was.  I'm having family issues and all sorts of awful stuff happening so I've been in a bit flaky and forgetful.  I'm looking forward to finding new and amusing ways to grief people, though.

I'm sorry to hear that.  sad

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #82 on: May 29, 2008, 09:56:51 AM

0.0 DPS

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: May 29, 2008, 12:37:01 PM

*hugs for Signe*

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: June 02, 2008, 06:34:42 AM

The best thing about this game is the combat.  It's fun - comparable to City of Heroes combat rather than WoW combat.  I don't know why - more active, maybe?  Feels powerful off the bat?

(Except those hell levels of bear shaman that is).

The game is very pretty.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: June 02, 2008, 07:17:22 AM

The best thing about this game is the combat.

Oh, absolutely.  If they get the item system figured out that might make a close second though, it looks like they are right on the verge of random style Diablo loot.  I've killed a bunch of the same outdoor Bosses on White Sands Isle and I keep getting different 'random' green drops from them.

Now, if they would break things out of the bag so that you just get the big fountain of shinies on a kill...

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #86 on: June 02, 2008, 08:35:34 AM

I like the combat, too.  It gives my fingers something to keep them awake.  People make the mistake of just mashing buttons and then they complain about it.  If you pay attention, the combat is good fun. 

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: June 02, 2008, 08:46:52 AM

I have my combo's organized by direction so I can more easily match em up to what direction there is the least shielding.  Not hitting the 2 or 3 stacked shield area makes a HUGE (I think I've seen up to 5x) difference.

Also, just because a combo has been replaced by a higher level one doesn't make it worthless.  Stick 'em on the secondary bar and use them while waiting for cool-downs, they will still do more damage than hitting a combo against a heavily shielded side.  They aren't on the same timer, at least not that I've seen.

Make sure you pay attention to the 'additional attacks' part as well, a combo that does 2Mid + 3UL means it does a total of 5 attacks two to the middle and three to the left.  If you know your combos then you can play around with making the mob stack his shields on one side opening him up for a big attack elsewhere.

Also, just hitting the attack keys can do decent damage as well, if you are short of stamina or only have combos for shielded areas.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 08:53:35 AM by Murgos »

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: June 02, 2008, 08:50:37 AM

I like the combat, too.  It gives my fingers something to keep them awake.  People make the mistake of just mashing buttons and then they complain about it.  If you pay attention, the combat is good fun. 

It pays to know, and have the rhythm of the weapon you are using. Spamming = death. In most cases, X2 in PvP.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: June 02, 2008, 10:32:52 AM

Also, just because a combo has been replaced by a higher level one doesn't make it worthless.  Stick 'em on the secondary bar and use them while waiting for cool-downs, they will still do more damage than hitting a combo against a heavily shielded side.  They aren't on the same timer, at least not that I've seen.
All the stuns and knockbacks for the powers of the same name seem to share a timer.  Regular combos do not.  I need to test with my life-leech combos to see if they stack or replace one another, as I don't recall having two icons up.  (Not saying much, as I'm too busy having fun whacking foozles to notice most of the time.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: June 02, 2008, 10:46:43 AM

Newer rank ability's will auto replace the old in your bars.

Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #91 on: June 02, 2008, 11:33:13 AM

Make sure you pay attention to the 'additional attacks' part as well, a combo that does 2Mid + 3UL means it does a total of 5 attacks two to the middle and three to the left. 

Huh? The 2 and 3 are the hotkey that mid/UL are assigned to, unless it also does Q and E extra attacks on LL and LR.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: June 09, 2008, 01:53:57 AM

I keep hearing about missing content at higher levels, but I respectfully disagree. It's not that there are less quests, more like they give less XP compared to what you need to level up, hence the feeling of lot less to do.
Sure there are a few zones that badly needs more stuff to do (Eiglophian Mountains!), but on the other hand we have a cool and rich zone as the Atzel's Approach (60 - 70) and the extremely content-rich Keshatta (70 - 80). Keshatta in particular has an insane amount of quests, and that's weird because thanks to fast respawn (which is in my opinion lacking in the first 60 levels) it's easier to level up from 70 to 80 than from 50 to 60.
While the PvE content is far from being finished, I was expecting desertification, while the two above mentioned zones are definitely cool and full of things to do and see, not to mention dungeons.

And I like it, so to stay on topic:

Things I like = Atzel's and Keshatta, level 60+ and 70+ zones.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #93 on: June 09, 2008, 06:16:49 AM

I had to grind out about four levels in the fifties but since I like the combat it wasn't a huge chore.  The cannibal caves is a pretty sweet grinding spot in the low to mid fifties since it is a private instance with really fast respawn.  I probably wouldn't have needed to grind out quite so many levels if I had traveled all over the world to do the group quests but it's a pain in the ass.  Cistern's main boss is on a one hour respawn timer even though the damn instance is public so kill stealing gets brutal.  There are also quests in each resource area for an instance which scale 40-80 but I only did one.

Thunder river is beautiful.

Falconeer can you tell me if I should start in Aztel's or Thunder river now that I just got level 60?  Or do you just bounce back and forth once you run out of level appropriate quests?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: June 09, 2008, 06:51:02 AM

Miasma, I'd say that you can safely work your way in Thunder River up to lev 64 - 65, doing all the quests you can get save for the Group ones (inside prison). Eastern side of the map, with the mercenaries, is an XP mine. Western side isn't that good if you ask me, too many minions. As you hit 65-ish and you are almost out of quests go to Atzel's. You'll find a gazillion of quests (some as low as 60 but still heavy on XP rewards) and insane respawn rates, which means more deaths but faster leveling if you can deal with it or you have friends.

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: June 11, 2008, 10:18:39 AM

Bear Shaman rez animation is win.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: June 11, 2008, 12:48:12 PM

i caught some of the conan movie on one of the hbos a few nights ago and the fighting looked so similar to the combat in game it was impressive.

I am the .00000001428%
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #97 on: June 11, 2008, 10:18:20 PM

Walking through a resource zone, and seeing a mob "Damsel in Distress" I approach, she turns into "Fennestra the Deceiver" and attacks me.

This is the kind of shit that makes me smile, and be glad I bought the game.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #98 on: June 12, 2008, 07:00:19 AM

I liked that too, he even says "I can't believe you fell for that".
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: June 12, 2008, 07:11:36 AM

Yeah, I hate to do that "me too" thing, but seriously, I love the damsel in distress thing and the bear shaman rez animation a lot. Game is plenty of neat, cool, beautiful things like this. As soon as the bug fog will be gone, hopefully everyone will notice.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: July 08, 2008, 04:55:10 AM

I am having my first siege tonight, and hoping 45 days of mini-gaming and open field PvP will pay off somehow. Kinda exciting, it makes my ShadowBane gland tingle.

On topic: I am liking the PvP combat in all its forms, hitting and killing is totally satisfying and collision detection adds a layer of goodness that you just can't explain with words.

P.S: Isn't it nice to necro a post about the good things of Conan when looks like everything has turned to catshit already?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:57:38 AM by Falconeer »

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: July 08, 2008, 12:02:57 PM

If you're the attacker, the only way you can win is if you destroy ALL the buildings first before the keep.  If the keep is destroyed before you do that you lose.

I defended my guilds BK the other day, and it was a lot of fun.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: July 08, 2008, 08:49:28 PM

I am geuinely curious to hear about your siege experience.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: July 09, 2008, 12:35:42 AM

Quick one (I'll elaborate later): siege experience = AWFUL performance for almost everyone. Damn, Funcom relly like to push their subscribers/supporters hard  swamp poop

schild
Administrator

Reply #104 on: July 09, 2008, 12:39:50 AM

So, that turned to catshit also? heh.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be useful: Things You Like  
Jump to: