Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:52:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goalline Blitz  (Read 166044 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #560 on: September 11, 2008, 12:40:12 PM

Ok, so my WR is now available for the Chachas, if needed. No custom gear, no boosts. I guess this is the official 'fuck GLB clownshoes' phase.
Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #561 on: September 11, 2008, 03:29:30 PM

Sad to hear that, Way.  I was surprised to see my WR was cut and had to come see what happened.

Niger Mambas are still alive and kicking.  I just purchased the rest of the lower bowl of the stadium.  If you have a player in the 20 level range, please feel free to let me know.  We keep finishing one game out of the playoffs and we want to break that trend this year.

We really need a top level HB, WR and OL.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 04:07:52 PM by Nazrat »
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #562 on: September 12, 2008, 07:05:28 AM

Grrr.

Bokonon
Terracotta Army

Reply #563 on: September 12, 2008, 08:13:53 AM

Sad to hear that, Way.  I was surprised to see my WR was cut and had to come see what happened.

Niger Mambas are still alive and kicking.  I just purchased the rest of the lower bowl of the stadium.  If you have a player in the 20 level range, please feel free to let me know.  We keep finishing one game out of the playoffs and we want to break that trend this year.

We really need a top level HB, WR and OL.

Thanks.

See my post on the last page. I have level 19 runstop DE.
Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #564 on: September 12, 2008, 08:49:50 AM

Thanks for the tip. I am more interested in your CB.  We have 4 CBs signed now and you would be the 2nd highest level CB. 

Unfortunately, we are full at DL.  It is one of the team strengths. 

I'll send you a contract and give you forum access.  I am about to be hit by Ike so I may not be on much after this afternoon for a while. 

Forum explains our equipment plans for next season. 

Thanks.
WayAbvPar

Reply #565 on: September 12, 2008, 11:59:20 AM

Some poor bastard bought the Chiefs. I can' believe those cocksuckers at GLB do that to people. That is fucking horseshit.

Also- I sent out renewals to all the folks on CC who expired on day 1 of next season. If anyone is planning on being inactive/quitting, please let me know so I can try to fill the roster spots. We are full at every position atm.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:02:12 PM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pavarotti4
Terracotta Army

Reply #566 on: September 12, 2008, 02:29:55 PM

Well, I have about 9 guys that are all lvl 7-9......  I am willing to Boost... anyone willing to add me?  I have most of the unique guys, center, kicker, punter, FS, TE etc....
Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #567 on: September 13, 2008, 10:43:01 AM

My level 15 DT is officially available: http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=603983

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
Pavarotti4
Terracotta Army

Reply #568 on: September 15, 2008, 02:38:42 PM

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #569 on: September 15, 2008, 04:19:07 PM

So I log in today and have 10 messages and 53 alerts from tearms looking for my FS and DT. Talk about a players market.

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #570 on: September 15, 2008, 06:03:47 PM

Have a level 23 TE (no boosting) looking for a home as a starter. He is currently not on a team. Anyone need before I look for a new team?
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=45030

Daeven
Terracotta Army

Reply #571 on: September 16, 2008, 06:02:54 PM

ALl righty, I have an offer on my DT... any interest at all?

And my SS will be available tomorrow: http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=548440

"There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot." -SMStirling

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #572 on: September 17, 2008, 09:41:03 PM

War Pigs is looking for a DT, if 18+. My FB is on that team. http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=3020

The team my TE plays on is looking for a G, CB or WR, also 18+. http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=4782

- Viin
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #573 on: September 18, 2008, 02:12:31 PM

Viin, I've got a lvl 16 WR who is just about to ding 17. No custom gear or boosting, though. I'm in the group of folks done spending money on GLB. So, in GLB terms, a loser  Ohhhhh, I see.
WayAbvPar

Reply #574 on: September 18, 2008, 02:23:05 PM

I think deciding the game is fucked and not spending any more money on it makes you the opposite of a loser...

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #575 on: September 18, 2008, 06:35:15 PM

Viin is playing for the enemy!

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #576 on: September 18, 2008, 08:36:24 PM

I think deciding the game is fucked and not spending any more money on it makes you the opposite of a loser...
I said in GLB terms, Felsing.

awesome, for real
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #577 on: September 19, 2008, 09:45:58 AM

I said in GLB terms, Felsing.

awesome, for real

ZING!!

I had a Felsing try to sign one of my players to his team. (not THE Felsing) That would have been a lively team forum.

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #578 on: September 19, 2008, 10:13:26 AM

For those of you getting disillusioned by GLB, the latest version of Football Mogul 2k9 was just released.  It's not a lot better, but as a single player game you can get a lot more out of the sim aspects, particularly on the business side. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #579 on: September 25, 2008, 06:23:12 AM

My WR's new team with Viin....got Felsinged.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #580 on: September 25, 2008, 08:24:43 AM

That's pretty funny. 0-98.

- Viin
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #581 on: September 25, 2008, 08:49:26 AM

That's pretty funny. 0-98.

Shit, that's NOTHING. The team Way gave up... just got beat 3 times in a row 255-0. My level 18 CB was actually being used as a wideout. He had 37 kick returns... IN ONE GAME.

Yep, fuck it. I'm done with GLB. That's not even remotely logical. That's like NFL teams being put up against Pop Warner.

WayAbvPar

Reply #582 on: September 25, 2008, 09:33:34 AM

Damn it! It looks like he released that asshole LB I left on the team purposely  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Ask the owner to release you. But before you do, send GLB admin/support a scathing email about how fucking broken their clownshoes game is.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #583 on: October 11, 2008, 01:06:21 PM

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #584 on: October 11, 2008, 07:28:29 PM

I can't even bother to pay attention anymore. The catasses have won...

It's like playing in Alterac Valley in Wow at lvl 53, vs 60s who have all sorts of purple gear - just silly and pointless. Also, painful.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #585 on: October 12, 2008, 11:24:00 AM

I'm still having fun in African AAA.  Too many gutted teams in every league now but my team is finally winning so those balance out for me.  :)
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #586 on: October 17, 2008, 11:45:00 AM

Not sure if anyone still pays attention to our GLB team anymore, but we held the Felsings to a very low score, in line with the other two top three teams in our division. Yay defense!

Unless they were trying to throw this one to keep dominating the league, of course  awesome, for real
Bokonon
Terracotta Army

Reply #587 on: October 17, 2008, 11:54:08 AM

I'm still having fun in African AAA.  Too many gutted teams in every league now but my team is finally winning so those balance out for me.  :)

Yeah, we are having a good run. I'm sorry about retiring my CB (Tick)... Even though he did get a sack last game :)
Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #588 on: October 17, 2008, 02:22:22 PM

We just put in the 3-1-7 blitz.  Expect to get more sacks before you retire.  Heartbreak
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #589 on: October 20, 2008, 11:39:45 AM

WAP/Sauced: Is anyone going to keep CC going next season?
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #590 on: October 20, 2008, 02:25:41 PM

I can't believe CC is 9th...running basically on autopilot.

The new training system is pretty nice...with the bonus token temp boost...you can strategize.  One of my other teams pulled off 3 upsets using the boosts.  Of course...I think we were upset a couple of times.

The game is still horribly broken.  The one really awesome team that I am on just had the player cap dropped.  It was a capped 21 league, and that made it pretty dang nice going against equal levels, especially when you have a superior build.  Now the cap is gone, so any damn level player can be signed.  Would have been much nicer to just raise the cap to what a player would average in levels plus 3 for boosts.  Would keep at least some of the leagues competitive.  Stupid money hats.

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #591 on: October 21, 2008, 06:27:01 AM

Well, yeah. The game is clownshoes. You won't find anyone to disagree. My WR is on a team with Viin where the GM is at least trying to do some stuff, and they could use my defensive guys, especially if CC is not renewing next season. I'm pretty sure neither WAP nor Sauced have the flex points to buy another season, so I was just looking for an official word so I could make that decision.

This game is a textbook example of how not to do RMT if you want to grow beyond a niche. Problem is, there are enough jackoffs dumping money into the system that it won't ever get fixed. Pay more money and directly affect the power differential? You just broke rule #1, son. Especially when the game is fundamentally broken. Thus, clownshoes.

But it's still something I like to have for a couple minutes a day, something to dick around with while I'm on hold or loading software.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #592 on: October 21, 2008, 07:37:41 AM

Actually, I have 300 on me for some reason, and I have a QB and WR who don't even have teams that I will retire for more points.  I can keep the team up for another year or two.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #593 on: October 21, 2008, 07:41:17 AM

Ok, I guess the question is more "Do you want to?" You've said you don't really want to be involved with setting up for each game, and as kidder said, it seems like CC is on autopilot.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #594 on: October 22, 2008, 03:33:36 AM

Clownshoes festival!

We tested going for 100% passing game and our men stubbornly ran 33% of plays.

They got our money on a random generator football screensaver.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz  
Jump to: