Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:38:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goalline Blitz  (Read 167249 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #70 on: May 19, 2008, 01:01:33 AM

On waiting lists for teams Bort (Main Dev/Programmer/God) posted this 2 days ago:

TEAM WAITING LIST

DD and I have been discussing ways to make team buying a little more streamlined and less "fastest finger." We've pretty much figured there is no way we will ever get ahead of the demand for teams. We need to keep them at a consistent level with the number of players in the game, so as not to ruin the player market too much, which means we can't just add a huge load of teams all at once every season, like we did last time.

So, here's what we came up with, after reading some of your suggestions and talking it over (this hasn't been added yet - still in formative stages):

- We will remove the current version of the "buy team" page from the Flex Points section.

- We will add an "I want a team" waiting list.

- It costs 1000 FP to hold your spot on the list.

- The list is ordered by account creation date, up to 30 days back. If two accounts are at least 30 days old, it's ordered by the day you add yourself to the list.

- You cannot get on the list if you already have a team.

- If you've sold a team, you can only add yourself to the end of the list (account create date doesn't matter anymore)

- If you go inactive for 3 days, you will be skipped over if a team comes up for sale.

- You can pull yourself off of the list if you want, and receive your 1000 FP back.

- When you click to be added to the list, you choose the top 3 regions you want to be in. The options also include "any region," or "none" for the second two (in case you only want one region).

- Whenever somebody sells a team, the first person on the list with that team's region as one of their options will get the team automatically at the end of the day.

- When we add new teams for this off-season, they will be added as CPU-only leagues. We will then release them to new owners over time, throughout the season, following the same rules as above. This will allow the teams to have a full 16-game schedule, but also allow us to control the team market a little better.

- When a team is given to you, its chemistry is automatically reset to 70/70/70.

- All teams will have to maintain a minimum roster of 40 players. You will not be able to cut players to get under that number. If, for whatever reason, you have under 40 players at the end of the day (expiring contracts, etc), random CPUs will be added to the team. This helps new owners to be ensured a team with enough players on it, and helps out with inactive teams as well.

- You will no longer be able to sell teams to other players via admin intervention for 1000 FP. The only way to sell a team will be to sell it back to the game. This helps us to avoid the "black market" aspect that we don't really like, and keeps it fair for all prospective owners. It will also encourage some responsibility with your team, since you can't get 100% of your purchase price back.

- The only exception to the resale is for inactive owners. We will still give an active GM the option of taking over the team, to encourage continuity on the team. If they don't want it, though, it goes to the top person on the wait list.

- We are discussing increasing the initial purchase price of teams by a little bit for next season, to help encourage responsible ownership. We'll let you know ahead of time if we decide to do that, and how much it will be.

We talked about the lottery idea, but we really want to reward the players who have been playing and waiting for a while, have learned a lot about the game, and have stuck around even though they don't have a team yet. They will probably make better owners than somebody who signed up yesterday, too.

Questions, concerns? Let us know.

Discussion going on with a few more answers by the Devs.

About Sky's situation, sorry I can't help: I've never been in a CPU team so I have no idea abou thow they choose the sarters.
For your build, these are simple but useful guidelines:

Run Stuffing SS

Key Physical Attributes: Vision, Tackling, Strength
Other Important Physical Attributes: Speed, Agility
Special Abilitites: Important - Focus on the Hard Hitter Tree
Other Advice: SSs are hard to build because they need to be a jack of all trades. It may take a little longer to see great results at this position. Focus on the Hard Hitter Tree, especially Diving Tackle. You need to have at least enough speed to catch most ball carriers and enough agility not to get juked out of your shoes by elusive RBs. Vision of course helps you diagnose plays quickly. Strength is the key to forcing fumbles so add to this before you pour points into Big Hit and Monster Hit. Tackling is essential. If you want to set his tackling style to aggressive or even balanced, you will need enough tackling to make sure you on't get a lot of missed and broken tackles.
Ideal Backup Position: ROLB, MLB - LOLB doesn't play that much and doesn't need much subbing.
Example of a Good Build: http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=119988

Coverage SS

Key Physical Attributes: Speed, Vision
Other Important Physical Attributes: Agility, Tackling, Jumping
Special Abilitites: Important - Focus on the Coverage tree
Other Advice: SSs are hard to build because they need to be a jack of all trades. It may take a little longer to see great results at this position. Try to get his speed and vision way up that way they can fly around the field and clean up after other people. Focus on the Coverage tree, especially Super Vision, Swat Ball, and Closing Speed. Do not neglect Tackling entirely, but setting your Tackling style in your tactics to Wrap Up can make up for a lower Tackling number. I think Jumping can help you Swat Balls better but I am not 100% sure of this. I do know that jumping will make it easier to snag INTs.
Ideal Backup Position: FS
Example of a Good Build: http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=26755

Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: May 19, 2008, 03:05:38 AM

CPU teams are designed to give each player the same number of plays even if the players are not human.  Today is the last day to sign with a human team.  You might consider it to get better XP.  All of my players are on human teams.
WayAbvPar

Reply #72 on: May 19, 2008, 07:04:26 AM

I am staying on CPU teams since I think I get more plays on CPU teams. I am starting or primary backup with all my players and they get time. No guarantees on a human team, right?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #73 on: May 19, 2008, 07:09:21 AM

I'm fine with the cpu team as far as xp goes, I guess. I'm not really interested in being on a human team unless it's Bat Country.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: May 19, 2008, 07:20:13 AM

You can only stay in a cpu team until level 7 i think.

I am the .00000001428%
Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: May 19, 2008, 07:22:23 AM

I generally get more xp on human teams as there are usually fewer backups and you play special teams.

CPU team's depth charts don't really matter.  The design is to get each player an equal number of plays.  The problem is that also includes the CPU players.

As long as you are getting 30+ plays, you are basically getting max XP.  There are diminishing XP returns over that number of plays. 

You can finish the season on a CPU even if over 7 but you will not be offered a D League contract.
WayAbvPar

Reply #76 on: May 19, 2008, 08:58:47 AM

What I will probably do is wait until the end of the season and see if I (or anyone else here) gets awarded a team to buy. If that doesn't work, I will sign my players with human teams for the season to earn more money and XP.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #77 on: May 19, 2008, 09:02:16 AM

Agreed, WAP.

I think I've fought off the urge to Boost today.  I'm level 6, 900xp.  I could play todays game at 7, finish it at 8.  Sooooo tempting, but I think I'll pass.

Last game got me 11 carries, 55 yds, 1 td.  Looks like bumping stamina was the ticket.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: May 20, 2008, 01:58:22 AM

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 20, 2008, 06:44:35 PM

After leading my defense in tackles during this past game, I'm back as starter. Also, another human SS signed on. We got plowed, though. When a SS is leading the team in tackles, the defense is shitting the bed. Big holes in the line. NJ Lizards 2-2!
WayAbvPar

Reply #80 on: May 21, 2008, 07:29:26 AM

Waiting list for teams is now active. I got # 454  cry

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: May 21, 2008, 08:26:01 AM

Wait List Position: 297 300 304 317

Preferred Regions: any, none, none
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 10:30:57 AM by Sauced »
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: May 21, 2008, 09:33:37 AM

Wow this looks great. Made an FS, Brock Smash. Browsing forums looking for how to do starting stats and suchlike.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to use WAP's link. Will i get b& if i make a new account?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 09:46:20 AM by Rendakor »

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
WayAbvPar

Reply #83 on: May 21, 2008, 09:45:58 AM

Wait List Position: 297 300 304

Preferred Regions: any, none, none

Bastard! At least you can make me a GM!

I went back to check my number- it climbs every time I visit the page. I am assuming that is just the latest if you are joining the list from that point. If it keeps setting me back I will be very unhappy.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: May 21, 2008, 10:32:10 AM

I've dropped back 20 spots.  Based on the 30 day rule, I guess I can expect to keep dropping back for 3 more days.

And you'll certainly be the GM - but don't get out of the queue just yet.  I might get impatient.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: May 21, 2008, 11:07:01 AM

Actually, you should change your choice to USA League only, if you can stand to wait that long.  We'll get to practice in Europe or Asia for a few seasons before we dominate the Pro league.
WayAbvPar

Reply #86 on: May 21, 2008, 11:54:13 AM

That is not a bad idea.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: May 21, 2008, 12:00:03 PM

He just added the ability to change it without dropping out and re-entering.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #88 on: May 21, 2008, 12:34:22 PM

Woot! Level 4, caught 7 catches for 58.5 yards in my last game, and my CPU team has one two in a row. I'm starting to get the idea for where I should be putting my stats.

WayAbvPar

Reply #89 on: May 21, 2008, 01:37:40 PM

We should have a decent team of lowbies ready to go when season 3 starts. I took Sauced's advice and made my region choice America (FUCK YEAH) only, so I should be getting a team about when the sun goes dark.

My full stable so far.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #90 on: May 21, 2008, 04:46:59 PM

So, my guy has been coming along nicely, despite my complete lack of knowing wtf is going on. Even though he is getting very little playing time (another player-owned TE joined my team), he's been getting steady XP from the few plays he's been involved in. Last match, he recieved only one pass, but it was well worth it. That single play put me half-way to level 5, with these stats. If you guys will have him, i'm very much looking forward to playing him on a non-cpu team.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: May 21, 2008, 04:57:53 PM

If we ever get a team, I have a level 5 CB, level 3 guard, and level 2 TE that would like to join!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: May 21, 2008, 05:31:22 PM

My LB just hit level 3 in my 3rd game as a starter.  I'm still getting used to what is used for what, but think that my years of playing Championship Manager has helped. 

I'd love to get in on a team if/when you all ever make one.  I'll happily play any position, but prefer defense. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Nazrat
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: May 21, 2008, 07:04:20 PM

My name is Nazrat and I am an addict.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: May 21, 2008, 08:53:09 PM

The ever-growing gaggle of workhorses....and I picked up a punter and kicker.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/home.pl?user_id=117036
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: May 22, 2008, 08:12:46 AM

I've got a DE that I would like to have on an F13 team if you guys get one.  Junkyard McNuggets

http://goallineblitz.com/game/player.pl?player_id=374821

I'm hoping not to screw him up too bad, my last game wasn't bad and hopefully todays game will continue the trend of improvement.

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
WayAbvPar

Reply #96 on: May 23, 2008, 06:56:44 AM

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: May 23, 2008, 07:06:56 AM

Heh, you toasted the CB, he looked like a statue on that play.  What is your speed at? looked like no one had a chance at catching you (in a nickel defense even)
WayAbvPar

Reply #98 on: May 23, 2008, 07:10:51 AM

23.66 at level 3.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: May 23, 2008, 07:11:06 AM

Like golf, it's the one sweet play that keeps you coming back for more.  

Nicely done.  

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: May 25, 2008, 01:42:21 AM

Recent updates:

- Players may now be "re-rolled" without having to do the "retirement" reroll. This should save about 4000 retired players being created every day.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #101 on: May 25, 2008, 02:05:50 PM

Woot, hit level 5 with my last 5 catch game, and am now my CPU team's 2nd starting WR. Maybe I'll even catch a TD, if my team scores one that is.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: May 25, 2008, 06:42:29 PM

My SS is still doing ok, not great. Here's why I see a lot of action:
15:00     3rd & 2.5     OPP 23     boobalah scoobah rush [missed tackle: Terrence Rogers #58] to the right (6.5 yd gain) [tackle: Crush McStomp]
14:12    1st & 10  OPP 16.5    boobalah scoobah rush to the right (7.5 yd gain) [diving tackle: Crush McStomp]
13:41    2nd & 2.5 OPP 9    Bolt the Dragon rush to the right (6.5 yd gain) [tackle: Crush McStomp]
12:57    1st & G  OPP 2.5    Bolt the Dragon rush up the middle (0.5 yd gain) [tackle: Harold Crenshaw]
12:35    2nd & G  OPP 2    Rhino Czonka rush [missed tackle: de 9999], PAT made by Gaara Leung [T D] to the left (2 yd gain)
End of a looong drive by the opposition, and I'm shutting it down...in the goddamned secondary. Rest of the team is missing tackles like mofos (though I have missed one in six games).

My open field tackle saving the TD: http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=4189221

And the same goddamned CB missing ANOTHER tackle while our backup SS saves a TD (both missed tackles were on 3rd downs, too...): http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=4191190

Got winded enough chasing missed tackles and blown coverages that I ended up TWO POINTS from level 5 undecided
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: May 25, 2008, 06:57:55 PM

Bah, you have your abilities hidden.  I wanted to see how you were allocating things. 

-  Mark Twain
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #104 on: May 25, 2008, 08:00:53 PM

My guy scored his second touchdown this morning. kek

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Goalline Blitz  
Jump to: