Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:41:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 324 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread  (Read 2873836 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: April 02, 2008, 07:01:58 PM

My Desert Eagle was matte black.

(Of course I couldn't hold the thing still enough to shoot straight, and my dad didn't want it anymore, so we sold it.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: April 02, 2008, 07:49:08 PM

That figure on the far right is old school. I really need to dig out some of my figures at some point, I don't think they're up to the level of some of the ones posted in this thread but I was a bit of a perfectionist when I was collecting. I couldn't play for shit (also couldn't roll dice for shit) so I tried to make up for it by painting models painstakingly.

I think I've still a box full of unpainted miniatures somewhere...

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
WayAbvPar

Reply #177 on: April 03, 2008, 08:12:38 AM

My Desert Eagle was matte black.

(Of course I couldn't hold the thing still enough to shoot straight, and my dad didn't want it anymore, so we sold it.)

Unless you are a very large woman (stature and muscles, not so much fat), a Desert Eagle is WAY too much gun for you. They are freakin' huge, and they kick like a mule.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: April 03, 2008, 04:42:45 PM

The kick wasn't too bad due to the gas action.  the weight was horrible though.  Like six and a half pounds at the end of my scrawny arms.  Hitting the broad side of a barn was actually a questionable feat.  I could fire my dad's super redhawk with no problem.  I was more active then, so even that might be a stretch now.

That's what rifles and rests are for. smiley

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #179 on: April 03, 2008, 04:44:16 PM

You 'mericans really frighten me sometimes.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: April 03, 2008, 05:03:43 PM

I grew up in a hunting family.  Rural ways are in my blood.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: April 03, 2008, 05:09:56 PM

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #182 on: April 03, 2008, 08:37:00 PM

You 'mericans really frighten me sometimes.
You don't know fun until you play with firearms!

Seriously.  I grew up in the country as well, and my step dad's familiy had a pretty big ranch up in the hills.  Every few weekends the family and what ever invited friends would come along and we would haul our small arsonal (several sizes of hunting rifles, 6 .22's with banana clips, a couple shot guns, and a few pistols of various sizes) up there with all the ammo we could, and have a good weekend camping and blasting apart the country side.  It actually became my traditional birthday party activity growing up.  Tons of friends always came for that  awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #183 on: April 03, 2008, 08:51:47 PM

It's not like I didn't grow up around guns. When I was 13 I loaded trap at a range for a summer. I've shot .22s at targets. I have cousins that run the local skeet range.

I still get freaked out by a country of 300 million people who think it's normal to sleep with a .44 under thier pillow though.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #184 on: April 03, 2008, 09:28:06 PM

a .44 under the pillow IS a bit odd.  Mine is a 9mm, and stays in the top drawer of my computer desk.
schild
Administrator

Reply #185 on: April 03, 2008, 09:29:32 PM

Don't bring any guns to AZ you freakish redneck.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #186 on: April 03, 2008, 10:53:25 PM

Yeah.  We hand them out at the border.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #187 on: April 04, 2008, 12:31:01 AM

Schild -- If I'm not bringing the guns, that means ya'll have them there, right?  I was told that we'd be heading down to the border for some "target practice", and I want to make sure I'm prepared.  I already have my burrito scent, my sombrero, and learned how to say "We are your friends, would you like a taco?" in spanish, but it's all worthless if we aint got no shootin sticks!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:46:52 AM by Nerf »
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #188 on: April 04, 2008, 08:22:11 AM

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: April 04, 2008, 08:50:44 AM

Rheobatrachus silus giving birth

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
schild
Administrator

Reply #190 on: April 04, 2008, 10:22:55 PM

Does it count if I drew it?

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: April 06, 2008, 07:32:22 AM

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: April 10, 2008, 01:22:44 PM

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:47:56 AM by lac »
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #193 on: April 10, 2008, 01:28:25 PM

Grandma's got good hands.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: April 10, 2008, 01:29:23 PM

That's still less painful than some of the hockey shots I've seen.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: April 10, 2008, 01:41:32 PM

Grandma's got good hands.
I love the way her right boob, swinging away from under her armpit, puts a sense of movement into that picture.
The two oblivious girls on the bottom left and the way the protagonist casually has his left arm resting onto the empty seat next to him, accepting his fate with a cool, usually reserved for the braindead, offset the howling despair from the kid behind the bat quite nicely which gives the entire picture something of a Rubens-esque group portrait feel.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: April 10, 2008, 01:51:39 PM

I love that pic. The little ginger kid at the bottom center cracks me up. She's probly thinking about My Little Pony while some shmuck is getting bonked by a two pound bat.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #197 on: April 10, 2008, 02:03:47 PM

I love the toddler next to grandma with the 'Take me Jesus' expression on his face.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #198 on: April 11, 2008, 06:30:20 AM

That is one of the most awesome pictures. So many little stories happening in an instant.

The guy in black calmly watching the scene unfold. Mr. Cool.
The kid in blue with the white towel has the best expression on his face.
Popcorn lady who seems totally oblivious despite her friend getting a lapful of nachos.
The lady in light green using the power of Jesus to compel the bat.
The guy in light blue who is trying to catch the bat (the headless guy).
The guy in the shades totally not protecting his amazingly cherubic child.
The woman in red watching the cherubic child in horror.
The cherubic child, imo the centerpiece of the art.
Granny ready to take one for the team.
The guy just below her ducking, great move. Probably a vet.
The guy in black with white stripes excitedly watching the scene unfold. Probably saying "damn!" right then.
The My Little Pony daydreamer, and her friend with a clue.
And of course the poor mick taking one on the chin.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: April 11, 2008, 06:45:42 AM

That is one of the most awesome pictures. So many little stories happening in an instant.

Popcorn lady who seems totally oblivious despite her friend getting a lapful of nachos.
The guy in black with white stripes excitedly watching the scene unfold. Probably saying "damn!" right then.
'

This breakdown makes the picture even more awesome.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #200 on: April 11, 2008, 07:51:53 AM

The wierd part is that the caption says the dude suffered a broken rib.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #201 on: April 11, 2008, 07:57:58 AM

From his shirt, looks like it struck him in the chest and the bat is torquing around to smack him in the jaw.

Had the picture slid to one side, forgot the awesome face on the kid with the rangers cup. Him and the towel kid bookend it well. Such a great picture.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #202 on: April 11, 2008, 08:53:01 AM

Le Mans 24 Hour Race, Sarthe, France 1999. Not 'shopped. This is the second of three such flips, the first two being experienced by current Aussie F1 star Mark Webber. The astonishingly fast Mercedes CLR was so aerodynamically efficient that when enough air got under the nose of the car, it turned into a wing and generated lift. There's a bump in the middle of the Mulsanne straight, and at 200+ MPH, the car's nose was lifted enough by the bump to cause the unwanted aero effect. I missed this one which was in practice, but later in the race proper, the second of the three CLRs, driven by Scottish driver Peter Dumbreck took off near where I was standing and went some thirty feet into the air, before coming down in some trees on the other side of the track from me. I thought for certain that Dumbreck was going to be in critical condition - he wasn't hurt. Fortunately the car landed the right way up and the tyres of all things acted as the deformable structure. Mercedes wisely retired the third, surviving car.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:54:41 AM by Righ »

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #203 on: April 11, 2008, 09:22:56 AM

Let me be the first to say.

Fucking Awesome.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: April 11, 2008, 12:12:07 PM

'

This breakdown makes the picture even more awesome.
Indeed, interesting to observe that nearly everyone in the left side if the picture have the same "omg, lean away" response.
I also like:
- the dude in white at the far right of the row, who looks like he is bolting out of his seat, or diving into the aisle.
- the person mostly obscured by "black shirt with white stripes" who has assumed the fetal position with one arm protecting his head.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #205 on: April 11, 2008, 01:12:48 PM

Dude leaning away from his kid is due for some serious ribbing, and if mom sees it I suspect he sleeps on the couch for a week or so, followed by a regular regimen of child-protecting exercises.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #206 on: April 11, 2008, 02:57:46 PM

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: April 11, 2008, 03:30:37 PM

The fact they have to make pamphlets to explain you can't go in with a stretched out hand worries me a bit.
Also: If this is step 3 what are the previous two? Wine and dine?
schild
Administrator

Reply #208 on: April 11, 2008, 04:14:15 PM

Gå 1: Befästa läraktig gris.
Gå 2: Öka anus proportion vid användande morot. Eller dildo. Den här er till göra gris mer känslig till knytenäve.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #209 on: April 11, 2008, 05:27:58 PM

You have forgotten to make any sense.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 324 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread  
Jump to: