Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:49:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 324 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread  (Read 2873895 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #105 on: March 20, 2008, 09:13:39 PM

Sorry, the Achewood pic was totally unawesome. 
I don't get that comic at all, yet people spooge over it like a Joss Whedon production.
Which is also decidedly not awesome.

So I'm not the only one then? Well that's something.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
schild
Administrator

Reply #106 on: March 20, 2008, 09:14:39 PM

Achewood makes my face distort like I ate a bucket of lemon. Or putrid chicken.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #107 on: March 20, 2008, 11:10:48 PM

Oh boy, do we get to make fun of Achewood all over again now?   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #108 on: March 20, 2008, 11:16:06 PM

I think I missed something. Lucky for me this is the second run! I like this. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #109 on: March 21, 2008, 01:49:10 AM

Oh boy, do we get to make fun of Achewood all over again now?   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

That would be pretty awesome.

Sadly, I saw "Achewood" and scrolled past, so I don't get to indulge in mocking the comic.  I had to make the mature choice.

But I guess pointing out that I scrolled past wasn't very mature.  So I have that at least.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #110 on: March 21, 2008, 07:13:30 AM

Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: March 21, 2008, 10:50:31 AM

Judging by that comic, I think I should be glad I never heard of Achewood.  That second to last frame made me  swamp poop.  What exactly was the joke there?

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #112 on: March 21, 2008, 05:43:29 PM

Fuck all y'all haters.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #113 on: March 21, 2008, 05:45:57 PM

It's a sea-peen!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #114 on: March 21, 2008, 05:56:14 PM

Profoundly disturbing.

I think that's a subcategory of awesome.

Much better.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: March 23, 2008, 01:58:59 AM

I'm not sure if this counts as awesome, but it may be awesome not this Tuesday, a day that will NOT be awesome for me, but provided the unawesome does not discover anything horrible, the next Tuesday will see this battlefield with 1200 points of LOTR miniatures on the OTHER side of the battlefield once I put them out.  I just need some Hobbits first!

And even if massive games of LOTR miniatures do not count as awesome, the map in the 3rd panel is awesome.  War in Middle Earth was awesome.  The map was awesome AND one of the coolest bits of copy protection ever.  You got to learn about Middle Earth every time you loaded the game!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #116 on: March 23, 2008, 06:14:33 AM

Wow.  I could not be more confused.  It does sound awesome.  What is it for?  I like the Christmas trees.  Is that your credenza in the background?  You are so cute I want to pinch you.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: March 23, 2008, 06:29:19 AM

No self-respecting tabletop gamer brings unpainted models to a game!

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Just kidding. I'm forever jealous of people who have the patience to paint models or the desire to pay someone for them. I've drank to many a game but the closest I've ever come to actually playing one was Warcraft II wink
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #118 on: March 23, 2008, 10:47:45 AM

Wow.  I could not be more confused.  It does sound awesome.  What is it for?  I like the Christmas trees.  Is that your credenza in the background?  You are so cute I want to pinch you.

Peench?

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #119 on: March 23, 2008, 10:57:18 AM

no pinch.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #120 on: March 23, 2008, 11:23:41 AM

That is seriously the scariest goddamn thing I've ever seen, and I've seen episodes of Aquaman from the 60s.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: March 23, 2008, 11:34:04 AM

I keep expecting to see Gordon Freeman come running into that picture and bash the shit out of that thing with a crowbar before running off with a big  awesome, for real on his face.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #122 on: March 23, 2008, 09:00:20 PM

That is seriously the scariest goddamn thing I've ever seen, and I've seen episodes of Aquaman from the 60s.

Aw, c'mon, you could get like a dozen crab cakes outta that motherfucker.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #123 on: March 23, 2008, 09:36:25 PM

No you couldn't.  That crab tells Aquaman what to do.  It could go toe to toe with Chuck Norris.

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: March 23, 2008, 10:55:49 PM

Its a tabletop miniatures wargame.  You use tape measures to move your dudes, then roll dice based on their stats to hurt other dudes.  Toy soldiers for adults.  And yeah its mine, mostly covered with Legos mostly hidden by my text caption.
And I don't get called cute much so I will take compliments where I can get em!   Ohhhhh, I see.

Painting sucks.  My minis are lucky to have primer or a basecolor with a flocked and painted base!

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: March 24, 2008, 02:19:29 AM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Just kidding. I'm forever jealous of people who have the patience to paint models or the desire to pay someone for them. I've drank to many a game but the closest I've ever come to actually playing one was Warcraft II wink

You get better die rolls when they're painted.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 02:22:18 AM by JWIV »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #126 on: March 24, 2008, 07:00:18 AM

I can safely attest that this is completely untrue.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #127 on: March 24, 2008, 08:40:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ij6FtLno5w&NR=1

'meat spin? as in they spin meat?'  this guy looks legit

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: March 24, 2008, 11:02:20 AM

That crab tells Aquaman what to do. 

Painting minis: I need to upload a couple pics of some I painted. I was just getting good when my local supplier cut off my favorite paints, and I haven't found a good supplier since. Thus my abiding dislike of Games Workshop. (I previously used Polly S acrylics, they rocked). I've heard Ral Partha's paints were good, but they went out of business a while ago, too. Games Workshop's paints might be ok for plastics, but for lead and pewter, they go on more like a vinyl.
DeathInABottle
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: March 24, 2008, 12:32:48 PM

I play a Space Wolf army in 40K.  Well, I used to, and I want to start again, because I've finally got my entire army painted.  It's taken about 10 years.  Don't have any recent pictures, but here are three old ones.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: March 24, 2008, 01:19:45 PM

I think my couple GW minis are Space Wolves, too, but much darker. Once the house is under control, I'd really like to get back into painting again. I don't even play with them, haven't for years. Just enjoy it from an artistic perspective, relaxing.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #131 on: March 24, 2008, 01:41:15 PM

I play a Space Wolf army in 40K. 
... but here are three old ones.

Nice touch with the crucified Eldar. I wholeheartedly support that.

TenaciousMike
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: March 24, 2008, 02:57:52 PM

I play a Space Wolf army in 40K.  Well, I used to, and I want to start again, because I've finally got my entire army painted.  It's taken about 10 years.  Don't have any recent pictures, but here are three old ones.

I know jack shit about Warhammer or WH40k.  So, from those links, I was expecting to see Cthulu and friends.

___

Tenacious Mike
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: March 24, 2008, 03:34:02 PM

I play a Space Wolf army in 40K. 
... but here are three old ones.

Nice touch with the crucified Eldar. I wholeheartedly support that.

I play Eldar so fuck you man!  (I also play Tau, Chaos, Tyranid, and Ork.)

Nice paintjobs though.  Even if they are Space Wolves, the douchebags of second edition 40K.
Fuck Bjorn the Fell Handed, fuck Ragnar "I have multiple invulnerable armor saves a turn!" Blackmane, fuck entire Terminator squads all armed with Assault Cannons and Cyclone Launchers that use the biggest template of that era.

When I was in the Navy a friend of mine played Space Wolves.  I really wanted to strangle his cheesetastic force most times.  Here I was making nice little armies of Orks and Chaos and Tyranids all allied by some amazing leaps of logic, yet it was 90% plain jane troops with bolters and deathspitters.  Almost no heavy weapons outside of a couple heroes with Vortex grenades since I didn't have Terminators or any devastator squad.  This guy had nothing but Termies, Dev squads, and every named hero in the fuckin codex.

And he was the ardent painter/modeller type.

Probably why I paint when I feel like it, and usually just enough to get me by.

My Tau are all 1 color spraypainted with a flocked base and a little silver detailing.  
My Tyranids are done, but they need a nice dark dip to look their finest.  They are too bright right now.  And lots of tards make stupid comments on them, all but proving gamers have no social skills.

My Orks?  The thought of painting them is hilarious.  My only painted models are ones I got second hand already painted.  Which beats the guy who plays Orks the most right now.  He doesn't even have any primer on his.  Of course me trading him 40 2nd edition Gretchin didn't help any.  (I like the Grots I won on ebay.  Converted Night Goblins.  They look great and now I want all my Grots like that!)

(My main Ork 1000 point core.  The only things here I painted is Nazdreg, the Looted Demolisher, and the needs more paint Killa Kans which are really Bahaus units from Warzone.  3 for 26 bucks MSRP beats 1 for 20-30 for GW's!)
My Chaos is half ass painted mostly.  Stuff has color, but its not fantastic by any means.

I'm working on it though!
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #134 on: March 24, 2008, 03:43:24 PM

Can we get back to the awesomeness please?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: March 24, 2008, 03:51:23 PM

God damn it. Every single time I read or hear anything related to Warhammer I roll in fetal position and cry.  Why the fuck can't I play this online.  I should have been able to play this on my modem back in 1998.  Ten year later and still no luck.  If Gameworshop is too stupid, make a clone.  I'll pay 30$ for your digital tank already.  Why don't you take my money?

I hate gamer stores, they smell like shit. 
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #136 on: March 24, 2008, 04:00:31 PM

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 05:21:39 AM by Ookii »

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: March 24, 2008, 04:00:54 PM

Here's a dose of not awesome for ya!

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #138 on: March 24, 2008, 04:33:30 PM

In Jain Zar's last pic those big blue thingies have other thingies on their sides that look like blue penises with giant purple heads.

Just sayin'....

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: March 24, 2008, 04:58:02 PM

In Jain Zar's last pic those big blue thingies have other thingies on their sides that look like blue penises with giant purple heads.

Just sayin'....

I think you have something else on your mind today.

And they actually did make an actual close to the real 40K rules game.  Glory in Death for the N Gage.  You could play Eldar, Ork, Chaos, and Space Marines.  It wasn't bad, but being a little portable game limited it.  But its the closest they got to the real game.

But more awesome requested and answered.  (Because of the unawesome tomorrow and I have to keep my brain occupied to not worry about it so I don't have an extended anxiety attack.  Ok, I already DO, but this sort of fun limits it..)

It transforms!  I have been wanting one of these since 1986-7.  And now I have it.  And its AWESOME.  Now I just have to hope they follow through with Rook and Lancer versions. 
(I passed on Scott Bernard because he is NOT AWESOME.  Another company has made the Cyclone as well.  Also, not awesome according to reviews.  And 2 more companies are ALSO making transformable Cyclones.  This is AWESOME.)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 324 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Awesome Pictures Thread  
Jump to: