Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:21:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Wolverine movie casting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wolverine movie casting  (Read 15309 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: February 26, 2008, 12:03:44 AM

So, over the past couple weeks a number of casting announcements have been made for the X-men Origins: Wolverine movie.  First (and probably the best bit of casting news) Ryan Reynolds was announced to be playing Deadpool.  Shortly after, it was confirmed that Taylor Kitsch would be playing Gambit, and will.i.am (and it pains me to even type that stupid fucking name) of the Black Eyed Peas, would be playing the extremely minor Weapon X member John Wraith.  A few days ago, more announcements were made, including Dominic Monaghan being cast as Beak and Daniel Henney as Maverick/Agent Zero.

Previously announced cast include Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth, Lynn Collins as Silver Fox, Danny Huston as William Stryker, and Kodi Smit-McPhee as a young Logan.

So it would seem that since this is supposed to be an origin story and Silver Fox, Sabretooth, Maverick, John Wraith, and Deadpool were all products of the Weapon X project, that they might be doing a somewhat tweaked version of the Team X stuff (the CIA covert ops team that all of them with the exception of Deadpool were on) for the movie's plot, with Beak, Gambit, and possibly Blob getting shoehorned in somewhere.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 12:07:07 AM

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool? Dominic Monaghan as Beak?

This movie can not and will not suck.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 02:26:43 AM

Joke's on them, they didn't have to put Deadpool in, I already felt obligated to see it.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 03:12:02 AM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS that's an impressive line up of comic book characters. I'm quite surprised they packed a lot of personality like Wolverine, Gambit and Deadpool (really wild card) in there.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 03:12:30 AM

Crossing fingers for Deadpool spin off.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 03:47:14 AM

They'd better have Deadpool directly address the audience at least once.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 07:35:19 AM

I've never been much for the Deadpool character, but Ryan Reynolds playing him? Yeah, that will kick it.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 07:53:58 AM

I'm glad they've managed to get Maverick in there. I always thought he was the coolest, since he was the least powerful and had to rely mostly on ingenuity. Liev Schreiber as Sabertooth is great. I couldn't stand the oafish version of the character they used in the original movie. With Reynolds as Deadpool, this is easily going to be better than the X-Men movies that have been churned out.  Hulk Rock I didn't even bother watching the last one.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 01:00:39 PM

Deadpool is a favorite of mine and I'm so glad they got someone that can pull it off.  I'm really excited about this movie now.
TenaciousMike
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 07:51:01 PM

They'd better have Deadpool directly address the audience at least once.

Damn Skippy.  If comic-book Deadpool knows he's a comic book character, then movie Deadpool should know he's on the silver screen.

Then again, that might make things a little *too* weird for general audiences.

___

Tenacious Mike
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 09:56:57 PM

i can just see Deadpool's courtesy trailer.

Deadpool facing villain with dual pistols. *turns to audience* HEY YOU! YEAH YOU! I CAN HEAR YOUR GOB-SMACKIN POP CORN NOISE FROM HERE. Keep it down Porky! AND YOU! TURN OFF THE DAMN PHONE AND CAMERA! *turns back to villain* Sorry abt that, where were we?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 05:08:20 PM

I love how they've decided to single Wolverine out as a character by sticking him in a movie filled with other notable characters. It sounds at the moment like "Wolverine: Weapon X Team".

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 10:01:27 PM

I love how they've decided to single Wolverine out as a character by sticking him in a movie filled with other notable characters. It sounds at the moment like "Wolverine: Weapon X Team".

It's at least slightly more subtle in this instance than the upcoming cartoon "Wolverine and the X-Men" (I shit you not).
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 06:45:10 PM

I'm so glad they're using Maverick/Agent Zero in this. As a member of Team X, which was made up of Wolverine, Sabretooth and Maverick, the latter was the coolest just because he had to use tact and ingenuity rather than the brute force of the first two.

I wouldn't mind seenig the Legacy Virus story mentioned in the wiki. Sounds cool although I never read that one. Maverick was a badass in the vol. 2 X-Men stories though. There's a part where he rescues Wolverine from Omega Red and then pumps the guy full of enough adrenaline to kill a horse. That was before creators started putting Wolverine through shotgun blasts to the face and the like, so it was pretty awesome. Before that, the worst I had seen Wolverine go through was having his throat ripped out by Sabretooth in an issue of X-Men Classics.

Wow, I geeked out a little there.  cheesy

edit: holy jeez, i already stated that above. Guess I have a hard-on for Maverick.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 06:53:11 PM by stu »

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 09:04:27 PM

I wouldn't mind seenig the Legacy Virus story mentioned in the wiki.

You would if you knew more about it.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 09:09:03 PM

There seems to be a lot of grumbling about those ones. I'm guessing the idea was better on paper. It'd be interesting to see the movie done better than the comics though!

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 01:43:31 AM

There seems to be a lot of grumbling about those ones. I'm guessing the idea was better on paper. It'd be interesting to see the movie done better than the comics though!

Well, it wasn't really a story in the strictest sense of the word, as it lasted for about 8 years.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 10:36:01 AM

And ended up killing Colossus (which later got reversed) and being a total shit piece of the background for way too long.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 09:59:29 AM

Wolverine teaser up at AICN. How long will it stay up?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37684

Looks badass!

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 10:16:53 AM

Looks good. I'm a bit puzzled about the whole rewrite to add in characters I've either never heard of, or only heard of in games (gambit, deadpool). Deadpool seems cool, but I loathe gambit. The trailer gave me back a little faith that I lost reading this thread :)

The comic geek in me will be bummed if we don't see some James Hudson/Dept H tie-ins. You know, the Wolverine origin story :P
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 10:37:49 AM

Rumor is that Alpha Flight WILL show up in the movie.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 12:09:38 PM

Not sure it makes sense for Alpha Flight to show up, since they were later. Unless it's some initial incarnation, I forget if Hudson was re-forming the Flight, been too long since I read it.  Heart John Byrne, though. Eh, should be a decent movie either way, as long as they don't go the Fantastic Four route, which it doesn't seem they have. (We won't talk about the Hulk...too much crappy CGI make Hulk angry)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 12:23:15 PM

Wolverine was just the first member of Alpha Flight, so yes, it could make sense for them to be included.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 01:40:09 PM

Already down.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 09:00:24 AM

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 10:35:54 AM

I love the "original" trailer they have on that page after the leaked one.  rolleyes

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 03:45:24 PM

Wolverine was just the first member of Alpha Flight, so yes, it could make sense for them to be included.

Who cares about Alpha Flight though?   swamp poop
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 05:01:56 PM

I like Alpha Flight more than I like Wolverine.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 07:02:20 PM

I like Alpha Flight more than I like Wolverine.

They could get Wee Man to play Puck.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Wolverine movie casting  
Jump to: