Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:50:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 2.4 changes? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2.4 changes?  (Read 155308 times)
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #140 on: February 20, 2008, 05:06:07 PM

By the way, there's a major kerfuffle on the WoW boards. Seems that Kalgan's close friend/life partner Leiah blogged about Ele shammies needing the nerf a couple of weeks ago and posted on the warlock forums about it. Then he got account banned from the forums for a racial slur, and the shamans rose up in dotshock nerd rage. Sure made work go by quicker.

That actually explains a confusing part of my day.  I logged on before work and checked my auctions.  There was some idiot in Thunder Bluff (who's now on my ignore list) named "wtfnerfme" who kept saying things about Blizzard and nerfs and Kalgan.  It all makes sense now.

I bet enough nerd sweat has been generated over this to fill one of the great lakes.

Witty banter not included.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: February 20, 2008, 11:29:37 PM

Another 50 spell hit on the shaman set?  awesome, for real

That's almost as good as the removal of stamina from the Feral parts.  Ohhhhh, I see.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #142 on: February 21, 2008, 01:15:13 AM

The feral gear change is just so awesome. I'm not usually one of those OMG BLIZZ DON'T ANY OF YOU EVEN PLAY people, but dayum.

God Save the Horn Players
Driakos
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: February 21, 2008, 03:51:38 AM

I don't understand why there isn't any stamina on that gear...

Actually, looking at it again, it's flat out crap.  Why does MP5 or mana reduction matter when you are being demolished?  It can't be complete.  Just prototypes.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 03:55:25 AM by Driakos »

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: February 21, 2008, 08:12:42 AM

The Ret paladin gear also doesnt have any stamina on it. Speculation is that Blizz is doing it to make the pieces less attractive for PVP so players don't stack set bonuses for PVP and PVE gear

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: February 21, 2008, 08:44:12 AM

The Ret paladin gear also doesnt have any stamina on it. Speculation is that Blizz is doing it to make the pieces less attractive for PVP so players don't stack set bonuses for PVP and PVE gear

Well yes thats obviously the reason, with the new pieces you could get the four piece gladiator bonus and the uber four piece tier six bonus without missing out on much.  The thing is without stam the feral gear is completely useless because its used for tanking.  They didnt remove the stam from the warrior and paladin tanking sets.

I am the .00000001428%
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: February 21, 2008, 08:50:18 AM

Yeah, I was trying to figure out how you PvE tank without additional stam.  That makes no sense at all.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: February 21, 2008, 08:55:53 AM

Actually, I was also thinking that higher level PvE needs the stamina regardless of class or role.  They have basically required there to be a "gear check" for everyone because most of the uber bosses will just one shot people sporadically.

We just faced this last night with Aran in Karazhan.  We took our "B" team (alts, new players, etc.) through that and had a hell of a time.  It wasn't the knowledge or understanding of what to do.  It was the fact that some people only had 7k hps.  If they are down in hps for any reason and Aran chose to all of sudden pick them for an arcane volley....dead.  That would lead to a wipe (loss of  dps.)  There were similar issues with Curator, although that went better.

Having less Stam might be a solution.  Having no stamina on the items just doesn't make any sense.  Nobody will want it.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #148 on: February 21, 2008, 09:12:51 AM

So I went to the same place Righ got his shaman gear info to check on pally stuff.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/february/retribseason1.jpg

Uh, there's the much-ballyhooed resilience, but also still stamina.  Wut's going on?  swamp poop

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: February 21, 2008, 09:31:33 AM

We are talking about tier six pve gear having its stam removed so its not as good in pvp, pvp gear is of course still usable in pvp.

I am the .00000001428%
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #150 on: February 21, 2008, 10:56:34 AM

I think I may actually try a BG or two on 2.4 looking at the easy availability of the new blue-quality 5-piece PVP sets. With a couple other resilience pieces from PvE you could actually enter a BG not sporting S1+ gear and not instantly die!

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: February 21, 2008, 12:02:26 PM

I think I may actually try a BG or two on 2.4 looking at the easy availability of the new blue-quality 5-piece PVP sets. With a couple other resilience pieces from PvE you could actually enter a BG not sporting S1+ gear and not instantly die!

Won't this cause a riot with the hardcore players?  I mean... if they have to press more than 3 buttons to kill someone there's a problem with the top tier gear.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: February 21, 2008, 12:30:51 PM

Won't this cause a riot with the hardcore players?  I mean... if they have to press more than 3 buttons to kill someone there's a problem with the top tier gear.

Trust me, when you are rolling in s3 gear, anything s1 or below is still a speedbump, just more of the old 1980s style where your car jumps a bit instead of the nice and gradual kind they put in neighborhoods now.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #153 on: February 21, 2008, 01:22:59 PM

Link?  I'm still having newbtrouble sorting through all this crap.

Arrrgh
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: February 21, 2008, 02:44:10 PM

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: February 21, 2008, 02:52:03 PM

Quote from: WoW Forums
The stats don't show a lack of popularity for shaman, they just show a ridiculous popularity for other classes.

The shaman boards have sure been active since the patch announcement.  If nothing else, it's good humor to distract me at work.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 03:05:12 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #156 on: February 21, 2008, 09:28:46 PM

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: February 22, 2008, 07:57:31 AM

The minor "mana from drinking now scales up to max over the first few ticks" nerf is now going to be Arena-only.

Precedent for seperate rulesets for Arena-PvP vs Other-PvP vs PvE!

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: February 22, 2008, 08:26:28 AM

The minor "mana from drinking now scales up to max over the first few ticks" nerf is now going to be Arena-only.

I don't understand.  There is no drinking in Arenas.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: February 22, 2008, 08:29:34 AM

I don't understand.  There is no drinking in Arenas.

You obviously have not played many long matches in arenas.

The PvP water works in arena, you just have to get far enough away from the fray to go OOC.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #160 on: February 22, 2008, 03:20:55 PM

I don't know if it is intentional or not, but Tauren are now shorter than Night Elves.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: February 22, 2008, 10:05:19 PM

There are scaling issues on the PTR atm. If you have Eggbert, bring him out for some comedy.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: February 23, 2008, 09:41:22 AM

Water drinking is still horribly broken. Trying to regen mana for boss attempts in Sunwell is an exercise in cock stabbing.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #163 on: February 23, 2008, 10:20:07 AM

Anyone know why guilds would suddenly be scrambling for Lava Cores?  My GL's gotten tells from all the more-progressed guilds on Alleria, Including Risen, asking for Lava Cores and we can't figure out why.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: February 23, 2008, 10:24:22 AM

Warlock lifetap change sounds huge, and very bad.  Instead of 1 hit point = 1 mana point, 16% hps = 16% mana.  Very very bad, this change.

I read on the general forum that they are reducing flight path speed by 34%.  I don't know if this is true, but if so, wtf, players are clamoring for Blizzard to put in more time sinks?  Flight path speed is fine as it is - in fact, faster would be better.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: February 23, 2008, 12:07:40 PM

Warlock lifetap change sounds huge, and very bad.  Instead of 1 hit point = 1 mana point, 16% hps = 16% mana.  Very very bad, this change.

I read on the general forum that they are reducing flight path speed by 34%.  I don't know if this is true, but if so, wtf, players are clamoring for Blizzard to put in more time sinks?  Flight path speed is fine as it is - in fact, faster would be better.

I didnt notice any slowdown in flight speed but I don't have my speedometer addon on much either. However, for the trip to Sunwell, they stole fast travel from LoTR. Now you warp from outside IF to the ghostands in one loading.

SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: February 23, 2008, 01:06:18 PM

Anyone know why guilds would suddenly be scrambling for Lava Cores?  My GL's gotten tells from all the more-progressed guilds on Alleria, Including Risen, asking for Lava Cores and we can't figure out why.
If i had to guess, a lot of people are probably thinking of rolling out that crafted Axe that has a proc that increases magic damage done to target by 5%, which needs lava cores to craft.  Other then that, i havent a clue.  unless some obscure progression quest requires them.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: February 23, 2008, 01:24:48 PM

If i had to guess, a lot of people are probably thinking of rolling out that crafted Axe that has a proc that increases magic damage done to target by 5%, which needs lava cores to craft.  Other then that, i havent a clue.  unless some obscure progression quest requires them.

Nightfall was changed to have a significantly lower effect for lvl 70 spells than it did at level 60, it was also something that you stuck in the hands of a pally, shaman, or extra protection warrior to just keep the proc up back in the Naxx days.

It really is a barely noticable difference now, and the increase to your raid DPS by just having the same person use a lvl 70 weapon would surpass the increased dmg from Nightfall procs. Especially considering having only 25 slots makes it a lot harder to have anyone superflous in on any fight.

Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: February 24, 2008, 01:58:32 AM

Is there a fire resist fight? Last I played FR was world drop greens and badge loot, and not everyone would have bought the FR gear and not have enough badges to go out and buy it. If there's not enough greens of fire protection lava cores would be the next best way to get FR if enough guilds had a good supply from pre-TBC I imagine.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: February 24, 2008, 03:15:54 AM

Anyone doing level 70 raid content in molten core level fire resist gear deserves a serious smack in the face.  Im pretty sure he also said these were fairly well established / progressed guilds looking for this stuff also.

I mean, pretty much any level 68 to 70 piece of green fire resist gear you got off the ah would be WORLDS above MC crafted FR gear.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #170 on: February 24, 2008, 06:37:00 AM

Yeah, what SurfD said.  All I could think of was, perhaps, there's something going on with the Thorium Brotherhood in 2.4 but I can't find any info on it.  I know that cores were used a lot more often for +faction with them than they were used for FR gear in the MC/ BWL days.

Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: February 24, 2008, 01:06:30 PM

I usually have my ear close to the high end raid rumor mill and I've heard nothing pertaining to this. I also can't think of any reason why anyone would want that stuff. Blizzard isn't going to go and make an old world rep useful for anything, they've said as much as in the past. The fire resist gear sucks badly and level 65 greens would be better, not to mention the badge FR gear. As stated, Nightfall would be a horrible waste of a raid slot as far as I know.

I'll try and find out if there's anything to it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 01:08:19 PM by Trouble »
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: February 24, 2008, 02:33:35 PM

From the horses mouth, someone in Premonition on Alleria:

Nightfall is still great on any fight where OT's will be not required to tank for SOME phases of the fight - yes, there's a public thread and I posted the results. Nowadays with much higher caster dps, the proc is even higher - here's copy paste from guild forums

Our most recent Gorefiend had 16527 total caster DPS, however, that's adding 300 dps from what I assumed the enh shaman and ret paladin are adding average, this is skewed a bit and probably lower than it actually is, regardless.

The last time I tried to figure it out we had about 9000 caster dps.

So on a gorefiend for us now, Nightfall is like this:

The Spell Vulnerability debuff lasts 5 seconds. 15% of 16500 is 2475 DPS, so it's 2475 more damage each second for 5 seconds, or 12375 damage per proc. At 4.2 procs/minute, that's 51975 damage/minute, or 866 dps.

PS I see the context of the original Nightfall question implied Alleria server, which is funny.. due to myself (and another warrior in the guild now) soloing Garr every week, we've a ton of Lava Cores!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #173 on: February 24, 2008, 03:18:29 PM

That'd e it then.  Premo and Risen have a kind of Rivalry thing going, and the other guys asking have friends in both.  Heh thanks.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: February 24, 2008, 04:15:19 PM

The problem with that math is still that they nerfed the Nightfall proc down to almost nothing at level 70.

But we run a melee heavy raid because our casters suck so it is a moot point.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 2.4 changes?  
Jump to: