Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:19:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Memoirs of a Suicide Ganker 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Memoirs of a Suicide Ganker  (Read 249994 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #105 on: March 04, 2008, 05:52:07 AM

So yesterday, I'm ganking in my usual area...And some random dude sees me lock him up and like a tough guy he calls out. "Yeah, go ahead and shoot bitch". I scan him, see that he's empty and ignore him. This is not an unusual occurance, people somehow take offence to being locked up I guess.

Roughly an hour passes, and I have switched gates. An Executioner (fast frigate, no tank) warps in at 15, def on autopilot...I scan him and see a Fenrir Blueprint. I instapop him about 7km from the gate (and just barely outrace a vulture to the kill). It turns out to be the same little local smacker. He convoes me about 5 minutes later, after his shit I suppose. I offer to sell it back to him at a reasonable price (250 mil). He takes offence. I laugh and start fitting another ship. Lesson to be learned here is, don't talk shit if you are a fuckin' idiot - you will get burned.

http://tri.exanimo.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=109765

Bummer it wasn't a BPO, I'd be buying rounds tonight.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: March 04, 2008, 06:17:55 AM

The guy in the Executioner is an idiot.  Afk hauling 1.6 bn?

The industrial ships need more powergrid, it's one thing if they have the option to fit a tank that can survive an alpha strike and just don't and another if they really have no viable defense.  Though again, if you're hauling 250 mil you should consider not being AFK.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #107 on: March 04, 2008, 06:42:14 AM

They don't want to give the indys enough powergrid for a microwarp drive. That's deliberate.

The larger indys can survive even on autopilot, I think slayerik'd have a hard time taking down my mammoth.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: March 04, 2008, 07:28:35 AM

They don't want to give the indys enough powergrid for a microwarp drive. That's deliberate.

The larger indys can survive even on autopilot, I think slayerik'd have a hard time taking down my mammoth.

I would melt your AFK mammoth. Trust me on that. :) Now if you super tanked it, with damage control and were actually there. You'd have a shot. I do around 9k damage before concord shows up. With my overloaded guns ... more like 10k

Your problem is, even with perfect skills you have like 480 shields. my Alpha is like 1200. Even with solid resists im into your horribly resisted armor, then structure... Really . Fast.

99% of haulers, especially AFK ones, have Overdrives, Inertias, Warp Core Stabs, or Expanded Cargohold (thus removing even more structure). I have yet to see one with a damage control (that I recall anyways).

I have never failed on a Mammoth kill. Must defend my AFK suiciding honor!!!!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: March 04, 2008, 07:38:35 AM

The guy in the Executioner is an idiot.  Afk hauling 1.6 bn?

The industrial ships need more powergrid, it's one thing if they have the option to fit a tank that can survive an alpha strike and just don't and another if they really have no viable defense.  Though again, if you're hauling 250 mil you should consider not being AFK.

That BP wasnt 1.6 bil, it was 250mil (it was  A BPC)

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #110 on: March 04, 2008, 11:31:34 AM

Your problem is, even with perfect skills you have like 480 shields. my Alpha is like 1200. Even with solid resists im into your horribly resisted armor, then structure... Really . Fast.

Man you love your damage controls don't you? Damage control doesn't work very well for shields, I never fit it. Maybe you're thinking of something that isn't the mammoth; I have a hell of a lot more than 480 shields.

I fly with 3 MSE IIs and 2 passive resist amp IIs (kenetic, EM) (+4 cargo expander IIs) and I'm showing 4072 shields, 1258k armor and 577 structure, 43/20/66/60 for EM/TH/KI/EX shields. I'm not sure what type of damage you do, but I'm hovering right around 10k effective depending on damage... you might be able to pop me, MAYBE, but you've got maxed skills -- someone like nerf (or myself, for that matter) doesn't have a chance in hell.

Of course, it's moot, since I don't autopilot with anything more than 100m in my hold, and rarely then.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 11:33:54 AM by bhodi »
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: March 04, 2008, 12:01:07 PM

Damage Contols are good for an armor tanker -- the shield equivalant would be invunerability field (which is better, really, for shields -- but takes more cap to run). DC is really good for when you're hitting hull, because it adds the most to hull resists -- gives you a bit more time to get the hell out of there.

As an armor-tanker, I love it. As a industrial pilot, I couldn't see using it.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: March 04, 2008, 12:29:33 PM

Man you love your damage controls don't you? Damage control doesn't work very well for shields, I never fit it. Maybe you're thinking of something that isn't the mammoth; I have a hell of a lot more than 480 shields.

I fly with 3 MSE IIs and 2 passive resist amp IIs (kenetic, EM) (+4 cargo expander IIs) and I'm showing 4072 shields, 1258k armor and 577 structure, 43/20/66/60 for EM/TH/KI/EX shields. I'm not sure what type of damage you do, but I'm hovering right around 10k effective depending on damage... you might be able to pop me, MAYBE, but you've got maxed skills -- someone like nerf (or myself, for that matter) doesn't have a chance in hell.

Of course, it's moot, since I don't autopilot with anything more than 100m in my hold, and rarely then.

haha whoops, theorycraft fails when you wipe out your Level V all guy with level 0  :) I could definetely see survival being possible...no afterburner though? I guess if you are just using it to warp around to zero there is no need, but I have one on most of my setups. Its nice to race to wrecks with if you happen to see some shady Slay business going down :P  The reason i mention DCs so much is, if you have 1300 structure at 60% resists...its a hell of a lot tougher to pop a guy than without them. They also had to all armor and shield resists (though not by a ton). They are an awesome mod, but im sure im just preachin to the choir.

The mammoth is a pretty nice boat though, with all those slots.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: March 04, 2008, 02:04:07 PM

DC II is an awesome little addition to any tank.  60% all Hull resists, +15% all armor resists, +12.5 all shield resists.  What's really awesome about it?  It doesn't have the stacking penalty, it always applies it's full resist amount regardless of number of items you have affecting that resist.

For the first or second invuln field sure, those are obviously better.  But what about the 3rd?  I'll wouldn't be surprised if you get more out of a DC II as the fourth resist mod than anything else (4th mod is penalized by ~80%).

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: March 04, 2008, 02:13:09 PM

DC II is an awesome little addition to any tank.  60% all Hull resists, +15% all armor resists, +12.5 all shield resists.  What's really awesome about it?  It doesn't have the stacking penalty, it always applies it's full resist amount regardless of number of items you have affecting that resist.

For the first or second invuln field sure, those are obviously better.  But what about the 3rd?  I'll wouldn't be surprised if you get more out of a DC II as the fourth resist mod than anything else (4th mod is penalized by ~80%).
How do they determine order for resists? My myrmidion is carrying DC2, 2xEANM2, and a rig that adds a ton to armor explosive resistance. How do I tell how that's all calculated? Just futz with EFT?
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #115 on: March 04, 2008, 02:36:38 PM

It doesn't have the stacking penalty, it always applies it's full resist amount regardless of number of items you have affecting that resist.
You are so wrong. Look in eft, confirm in game. I get 12% resist on a DCII for EM shield, when I put a resist amp with it, it only adds 6.8%. That is the major reason why you don't fit a DC for shield tanking; the amount of bonus it gives minus the stacking penalty doesn't make it worth it.

RE: Slayerik, the problem with damage control on haulers is that you have to turn it on. After. Every. Jump. I don't fit an AB on my hauler for the same reason; either I'm there and I'm warping to 0, or I'm tabbed out and not available to turn it on after every jump. If I'm there to micro my modules, I'll be warping to 0 instead.

And no, I don't tend to stick around when shady shit is going down, not in my mammoth. My alt's badger II is another matter, however.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 02:43:17 PM by bhodi »
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: March 04, 2008, 02:42:25 PM

It doesn't have the stacking penalty, it always applies it's full resist amount regardless of number of items you have affecting that resist.
You are so wrong.

Nope.   It still apllies as a % of what's remaining but it does it's whole amount.  If you have 20 points of resist left and you activate the DC II for 15% it will move your resists from 80% to 83%.

There is a stacking penalty for some mods (such as resist mods) in addition to the normal % of a % mechanic.  1st item is 100% of it's stated value, second item is at 88% third item is around 44%, 4th item is something like 22% and etc...  This includes things like resist rigs stacked with active hardners stacked with passive hardners.  DC always gives it's full amount (albeit as a % of the % of what's left).

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: March 04, 2008, 03:24:38 PM

Murgos is right. The stacking penalty for multiple mods affecting the same stat does not apply to damage controls.

In most cases, a damage control is the single module which increases your total effective HP the most (and thus increases your time to destruction the most). Even in situations with an oversized plate or extender offering more EHP, it's always easier to fit the DC.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: March 04, 2008, 06:31:41 PM

How do they determine order for resists? My myrmidion is carrying DC2, 2xEANM2, and a rig that adds a ton to armor explosive resistance. How do I tell how that's all calculated? Just futz with EFT?

It's uh, pretty math intensive:

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=255750&page=1

Basically, largest mod gets applied first and then the rest with a penalty built in.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 06:33:32 PM by Murgos »

Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #119 on: March 04, 2008, 07:03:18 PM

http://f13.7mph.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=204

Motherfucking piece of shit buggy ass game.  I was the first to the wreck, noone else was around, and about 80% of the shit listed just wasnt fucking there. No blueprints, no damage control iis, no heavy nos, just 2-300mil of datacores and some other shit.

I'm fucking pissed.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #120 on: March 04, 2008, 08:45:06 PM

Nerf, do you mind posting your setup?

You're using Faction missiles for the extra alpha strike right?
Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: March 05, 2008, 12:09:12 AM

http://f13.7mph.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=205

Values a bit skewed, shit that went pop was worth about 330mil ):
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: March 05, 2008, 02:07:09 AM

Sounds like good scores, but if you fancy this as a career the Aegis Militia thing won't work: they're anti-pirate, like all of Providence, so this would be an obstacle to entry (Horazon, who reads these boards and is head of Aegis Militia, has already convoed me about this!)

If it's any consolation, there are plenty of fights to be had if you want them in 0.0, and making money is a lot easier in 0.0, but suicide ganking would get us chucked out of Provi and set to red.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: March 05, 2008, 03:47:53 AM

Just so this is clear. If we become part of aegis there can be no pirating anywhere. No suicide ganks in high sec, no roaming action in low sec or 0.0 (outside providence), no hostile action against neutrals anywhere?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: March 05, 2008, 03:53:57 AM

Just so this is clear. If we become part of aegis there can be no pirating anywhere. No suicide ganks in high sec, no roaming action in low sec or 0.0 (outside providence), no hostile action against neutrals anywhere?

No, the sort of thing we did on Saturday is fine.  But piracy (can-flipping and suicide ganking) wouldn't fit in.

There is a debate about how to handle neutrals away from Providence, but Horazon was pretty clear in Delve that we were on hostile ground and were free to defend ourselves against all-comers.  Our scout was a hardcore roleplayer and wanted us not to shoot unless shot at first, but even when we stuck to that for his sake we still had great fun and got lots of kills.

My argument is that we have 300 slots for standings, and there are thousands of pirate corps in Eve, so we can't possibly cover even a fraction of them.  So if a gang I am leading goes to enemy territory then if we see pirates or hostiles we shoot them.  And considering that our scout was Torenc, the guy with the most kills in Aegis Militia, it's really not constraining in real terms: if you want to shoot stuff it is only 20 minutes to places packed with reds to shoot.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: March 05, 2008, 03:58:01 AM

Sounds good.
Horazon
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: March 05, 2008, 04:03:38 AM

The Aegis Militia is an Amarrian Roleplay NRDS entity, that means we dont shoot neutrals anywhere in the galaxy unless they fire first or they publicly declare themselves against the Holy Empire of Amarr.
 By becoming a member of the Aegis Militia, you become a defender of the Amarr Empire and its rules, so no piracy on neutrals, no suicide ganking on neutrals etc..

However we have enough red and ennemies to easily find targets when we want to, AAA, UNL, IRON, Red Alliance & co roam our space on a daily basis, Ushra Khan & Star Fraction camping our pipes with nangogangs, our own wars etc...

this guy looks legit Roleplay in EvE is serious Business this guy looks legit
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: March 05, 2008, 04:16:33 AM

The advantage of the RP wardecs we sometimes do is that the enemies usually want to come out and have fights, so you get action.  I can't go into details, but we are considering something along those lines for soonish, which should be fun and right up BC's street.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: March 05, 2008, 05:19:50 AM

http://f13.7mph.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=204

Motherfucking piece of shit buggy ass game.  I was the first to the wreck, noone else was around, and about 80% of the shit listed just wasnt fucking there. No blueprints, no damage control iis, no heavy nos, just 2-300mil of datacores and some other shit.

I'm fucking pissed.

Dude. Sometimes if it was stored in giant containers, it chucks one outside the wreck! Make sure on every kill you "Scoop to Cargo hold" any of these that are right next to your new wreck. I made this mistake before....I forgot to warn you about it. That makes sense as to why so much of it survived. On the flip side, if the can would have been blown up, then all the stuff it it would have too. It seems you got lucky on the pops, but didnt know it was sitting outside the wreck. Someone got fuckin paid. Sorry :(

And for the Aegis guys, I am Triumvirate and red already so dont worry about me :)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 05:27:19 AM by Slayerik »

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: March 05, 2008, 05:28:13 AM

Nerf, do you mind posting your setup?

You're using Faction missiles for the extra alpha strike right?

Of course he is :)

Nerf
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: March 06, 2008, 11:05:18 PM

Aaaaand I'm done for awhile.

You guys are fucking carebears.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:13:08 PM by Nerf »
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: March 07, 2008, 05:35:24 AM

You be careful, you hear?  Tuck the entirety of that e-peen in your capsule before it closes around you.  Wouldn't want to have an accident.
spotd666
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: March 07, 2008, 09:17:02 AM

Am not...

Hello Kitty  Top Scorer....yay \o/

Club Penguin - Pen Gwyny
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: March 07, 2008, 09:20:42 AM

I'm pretty sure you're joking but, srsly, training up skills for a big alpha strike, having a hauler and alternating between pushing 'target' and 'scan' for hours at a time as AFK haulers meander past you is not some indication of hardcore ability.

Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: March 07, 2008, 10:27:01 AM

I got a good laugh. 
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: March 07, 2008, 12:59:26 PM

I'm pretty sure you're joking but, srsly, training up skills for a big alpha strike, having a hauler and alternating between pushing 'target' and 'scan' for hours at a time as AFK haulers meander past you is not some indication of hardcore ability.

QFT.

It's just a sign of intelligence. :)

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: March 07, 2008, 05:13:28 PM

Aaaaand I'm done for awhile.

Harsh, brosef.  I've obviously not done my backdated kills, but my three characters on the KB have, between them,

Carrier - 2
Battleship - 24
Battlecruiser - 6
Heavy Assault Cruiser - 2
Heavy Interdictor - 2
Interdictor - 2
Cruiser - 3
Frigate - 0?!?
Assault Frigate - 2
Interceptor - 1
Industrial - 1
Mining Barge - 2
Capsule - 4

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: March 07, 2008, 05:50:37 PM

I winzor! I suicide gank AND I PVP

Whats up now fooz?

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #138 on: March 07, 2008, 07:33:50 PM

I winzor! I suicide gank AND I PVP

Whats up now fooz?
I hire mercs to drive corps that piss me off into extinction.  Guns are for pussies, big stacks of isk *crush*.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: March 07, 2008, 08:21:45 PM

I still think an alt corp of newbies in Frigs/cruisers would be a lot of fun to suicide gank with and be rep/standing free...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Memoirs of a Suicide Ganker  
Jump to: