Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:41:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: You do not speak about Frigate Club - Great kills but 2003 main will kill us all 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: You do not speak about Frigate Club - Great kills but 2003 main will kill us all  (Read 45541 times)
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: February 02, 2008, 11:54:06 AM

It really has nothing to do with that. How we got owned on the frigate op had nothing to do with you. It's more along the lines that you talk and act like someone from a corp Bat Country was at war with and therefore it looks like you're an infiltrator which is entirely possible. Sun Tzu says keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
gal than
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: February 02, 2008, 12:02:55 PM

did you like myself not read the entire thread because until i went through and read the stuff i thought they were just joking around.  i dont know what i am doing that is acting like this enemy corp.  but some do appear to be pointing fingers.  thats all.  ive never taken too well to being called dishonest so i guess maybe im just taking this a little too personally.  at least i know that if something happens on saturday they cant even say its me i wont be there i wont be online.  and the location to where the op is started is in a public forum.  some of the reasoning to call me a spy is flawed.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: February 02, 2008, 12:27:15 PM

Anyone that started posting right when the F13er's started declaring wars is going to be suspected of being a spy so don't take it personally. Hang around the F13 channel and keep posting here. Given that the war with Aces is over now it shouldn't take long for you to prove yourself if you want to.

But seriously. Start using upper and lower case in your posts. Spy or not people will still torment you about that. :)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: February 02, 2008, 01:34:57 PM

did you like myself not read the entire thread because until i went through and read the stuff i thought they were just joking around.  i dont know what i am doing that is acting like this enemy corp.  but some do appear to be pointing fingers.  thats all.  ive never taken too well to being called dishonest so i guess maybe im just taking this a little too personally.  at least i know that if something happens on saturday they cant even say its me i wont be there i wont be online.  and the location to where the op is started is in a public forum.  some of the reasoning to call me a spy is flawed.

You're getting pretty worked up about this: we're not really that bothered (though I'm afraid you're not going to be given BPO hangar rights any time soon  awesome, for real).  But here are some of the reasons:

1) Your punctuation is awful, your spelling dubious and your capitalisation non-existent.  This seems to be universally true of all the A&8 members.

2) You were never around until a few days into the Ace's and 8's (oh how that punctuation sums them up) wardec, and suddenly signed up.

3) When everyone was killing the assault frigate on the frigate op, you were shooting a fellow gang member (as FC I was more interested in watching what people were doing to get ideas for next time than I was in getting kills).  That's never going to help your case.

There are two other items of evidence for the prosecution, but if you don't mind I'd rather not actively help the next (will that be fourth or fifth?) attempt to learn from the previous ones.

Like I say, I don't think anyone here minds that much (except Dwindle).  In Goonfleet we had one spy around who was actually mentioned proudly in the introduction for all members.  It was a mascot thing, I suppose.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
gal than
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: February 02, 2008, 02:27:00 PM

First, as I have already stated my punctuation and grammar I have never been concerned about I've been gaming for years and old habits die hard.  I was not aware that to play a game I had to use proper punctuation and such if it matters, I can use the shift key.  I just choose not to nearly all the time.  I can see how the timing looks suspiscious.  and I stated in the op that I had targeted the wrong person. I'm sure im not the only person that has made dumb little mistakes the first time pvping.  With 30 or so people flying around I targeted the wrong person can't say much more than sorry and I'm glad he didn't take any serious damage. 

I am curious to know what these supposed other two things are as well but I doubt that if you choose to let me stick around and if I choose to stick around my posts are going to change much.  I just don't really care that much about my grammar.  My spelling btw is not an issue.  I may occasionally spell something wrong but that is not often.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: February 02, 2008, 02:32:11 PM

That looks a hundred percent better. The upper/lower case thing is really just if you want to fit in when you're posting on the F13 boards. I don't usually bother with it when I'm talking in a game myself.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: February 02, 2008, 03:09:55 PM

First, as I have already stated my punctuation and grammar I have never been concerned about I've been gaming for years and old habits die hard.  I was not aware that to play a game I had to use proper punctuation and such if it matters, I can use the shift key.  I just choose not to nearly all the time.  I can see how the timing looks suspiscious.  and I stated in the op that I had targeted the wrong person. I'm sure im not the only person that has made dumb little mistakes the first time pvping.  With 30 or so people flying around I targeted the wrong person can't say much more than sorry and I'm glad he didn't take any serious damage. 

I am curious to know what these supposed other two things are as well but I doubt that if you choose to let me stick around and if I choose to stick around my posts are going to change much.  I just don't really care that much about my grammar.  My spelling btw is not an issue.  I may occasionally spell something wrong but that is not often.
Let's put it simple -- you're an unfortunate victim of bad timing.

You joined right after we wardecced a corp, along with a raft of other folks from that corp, and you sound a LOT like them.

Does that mean you're a spy? Nope. It's entirely possible you lurked for years on F13 and just happened to start talking right when the Aces over Eight's folks turned their Spydar up to max and managed to find our super-sekret forums. It's not likely, but it's possible.

But I'm sure you can see how it looks bad for you. I'm not the one responsible for determining access or anything like that (I just show up for the random pew-pew myself), but you can understand their reluctance to admit folks who aren't regulars here or vouched for by regulars.

As you've noticed, we don't mind you coming along to blow stuff up on Frigate ops. We're just in it for the pew-pew, after all.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: February 02, 2008, 03:14:18 PM

You've been lurking here, like, forever, and you simply never picked up in all that time that we really, really enjoy getting worked up over people who don't take with their use of language?

this guy looks legit

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #78 on: February 02, 2008, 03:24:45 PM

Endie, I've posted instructions for my guys, so we'll see how many of them turn out on Saturday. I'll be there myself in some sort of T1 frig or cruiser, to be decided later.

Mail me in-game (Yaeru), I want to discuss a few things so I can prep them properly.
gal than
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: February 02, 2008, 04:25:53 PM

Actually I can't say I've been lurking at all.  I was advised to come here by Irec Dabry (sp?).  So I dont know a lot about you guys.  I had fun on the last op for what part I could participate and all and would like to go on more in the future.  Unfortunately, my game time is limited because of my obligations at home.
Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: February 02, 2008, 05:43:08 PM

Don't feel bad if the general impression, while justified, is wrong. I've been around here for years, but with lurker mode usually running, and I'm not "in" with the group quite yet. It takes time. Hang out, and what will be, will be.

I love the position : "You're not right until I can prove you wrong!"
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: February 03, 2008, 04:22:09 AM

Our double-agent training is coming along nicely.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: February 03, 2008, 06:02:10 AM

I (Nelke) will try to come in a Maulus to better fill my RSD role this time. I will spend the week learning to fly one, since I haven't used it ever, and also getting some useful skills up. With 2 days to a MWD and another for Sensor Linking I think I can obtain the bare necessities for this. I'm so glad I'm done with the Learning skills.

Last time was like wake-up call + slap in the face as far as reminding me why I still bother with MMOs. I don't recall when I had my heartbeat go up that much in a virtual world before. This Frigate Club is a wonderful idea that way. I hope the fun we're having is incentive enough for more people to join up.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: February 03, 2008, 06:33:33 AM

I've been deliberately flying my covops into lowsec systems and leaving it there, logged in, for hours at a time, so people get used to it being there.  As a result, some people have been ratting with me in system: even with me in the same belt, though they didn't know that.  I just hope the Amarr guy in the thorax who was using lasers to rat last night is still there  swamp poop

Anyway, this will be useful for me scouting out targets.

Twitter - Endieposts

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: February 03, 2008, 07:04:49 AM

I'm not sure why but there is all kinds of talk on the eve forums about fitting lasers to a thorax.  Seems very strange to me since the thorax's bonuses are all to hybrids...

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #85 on: February 03, 2008, 11:47:11 PM

The ad-hoc frigate lowsec stuff this evening was fun.

Thank you Hoax for setting it up and Bhodi for showing us the ropes.

I've read about a bunch of this stuff, but it was very useful to learn how
moving around in a group, getting the overview in a sane state, etc, etc
actually works in practice.  I think I'm much more prepared for causing
trouble on the 9th now.

Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: February 04, 2008, 04:02:17 AM

Definitely, it was good practice. We were obviously a frightening wave of death, as all the systems emptied of life before we could arrive! lol

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #87 on: February 04, 2008, 04:31:11 AM

Definitely, it was good practice. We were obviously a frightening wave of death, as all the systems emptied of life before we could arrive! lol

Indeed!  I expect all those wrecks we saw in the belts were destroyed purely by the fear of our approach.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #88 on: February 04, 2008, 06:42:44 AM

Great to hear you guys are running more stuff like that! For me its tough with my main stuff happening, but I do have a real character in BC now so if people try to just post something saying "hey tommorow at 22:00 hours we are gonna try to find some pew pew" I personally have a much better chance in partaking. :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: February 05, 2008, 02:50:56 PM

When will we be able to start pre-fitting ships for the event? Can we send an evemail to the experienced pilots with the loadout we have planned, in order to get feedback?

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: February 05, 2008, 03:05:13 PM

I'm going to be handing out ships with the fittings all in the hold in advance, a couple to everyone who wants them.

Twitter - Endieposts

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #91 on: February 05, 2008, 03:29:35 PM

When will we be able to start pre-fitting ships for the event? Can we send an evemail to the experienced pilots with the loadout we have planned, in order to get feedback?

Akk, just ask in-game when people are talking, I'm sure everyone would be happy to share thoughts/tips.  I say when people are talking because sometimes everyone is afk or not paying attention to chat and it bugs me when people get disheartened because they take that the wrong way.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: February 05, 2008, 03:56:35 PM

I'm going to be handing out ships with the fittings all in the hold in advance, a couple to everyone who wants them.

Pointself. I'm not sure if I'll be there this Saturday though. However, I'd love to kill me some dyslexic peoples! :D

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #93 on: February 05, 2008, 05:13:52 PM

I'm gonna try and get in for this weeks op too.

See you guys online - Alasara
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: February 05, 2008, 07:48:02 PM

I'm gonna try and get in for this weeks op too.

Try? Try? There is no try. There is only Do. (As in Mountain Do).

- Viin
Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: February 06, 2008, 03:04:55 AM

I was just struck as how *weird* that name is for a soda. Who in the hell came up with "dew of the mountain", connected it to a neon-piss-color high octane carbonated beverage?

dbltnk
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: February 06, 2008, 03:35:20 AM

Can I get a quick preview on the setup for the Rifter that I'm gonna fly on saturday? Would be nice to know which skills to train to be a little bit more effective. =D

AB or MWD?
Warp Dis, Webber or Sensor Jammer?
Autocannons, Artillery, Rockets, Nosferatu?
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: February 06, 2008, 04:13:10 AM

I don't know what Endie came up with but a cookie cutter setup would be

AB or MWD?
Warp Dis, Webber or Sensor Jammer?
Autocannons, Artillery, Rockets, Nosferatu?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: February 06, 2008, 04:43:35 AM

Here are the default setups i am providing (all weapons have ammo)

Rifter

High
3x 200mm AutoCannons
1x Rocket Launcher

Medium
1mn MWD
Warp Disruptor I
Stasis Webifier I (people should feel free to swap in RSDs if they can fit them)

Low
1 Capacitor Power Relay I
2 Overdrive Injectors

Merlin

High
2x 125mm Railgun
2x Standard Launchers

Medium
1x 1MN Afterburner or MWD
1x Stasis Webifier (swap for other ewar if you can fit it)
1x Warp Disruptor

Low
2x Power Diagnostic System

Punisher

High
3x Dual Light Beam Laser

Medium
1x 1MN Microwarpdrive
1x Warp Disruptor

Low
2x Capacitor Power Relay
2x Overdrive Injector System

Incursus

High
3x 125mm Railgun I's

Medium
1x 1mn AB or MWD
1x Stasis Webifier (again, swap for RSDs if you can fit it)
1x Warp Disruptor

Low
2x Overdrive Injector System

Drone
1x Warrior

Twitter - Endieposts

tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: February 06, 2008, 06:18:45 AM

Ok, noob question about the incursus setup.

I can only fit AB/Stasis/Warp Disruptor in the mid slots - swapping Stasis for RSD or AB for MWD both put it over the CPU limit. I'm not really sure what the best skills are to focus on to allow me to fit these. I've got electronics 3 but even pushing that to 5 doesn't seem like it'd do the job. It'll allow me to fit one or the other, but not both.

Any suggestions or is fitting MWD/RSD/WD just not going to happen in a small ship?
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: February 06, 2008, 06:37:17 AM

Electronics and Engineering to 5 is usually a good idea; I'd take them to 4 asap, and to 5 within a few months.

See if you have enough Electronics skills to fit co-processors in the low slots to boost up your CPU.  You'll be slower without the overdrives, but still be able to fit tackling AND guns.  Otherwise, you'll have to choose, either tackle (and forget the guns) or damage (and just keep the disruptor, no room for webber or MWD).

Typically, frigates need micro auxiliary power cores (engineering 4) to fit nice guns, or you need to use an Ewar frigate with lots of CPU to fit for tackling/webbing etc.

Endie, you might have to make default setups that only use 85% of the ship's grid and CPU on YOUR fittings screen, to take into account that your intended recipients don't have high support skills to fit all that stuff.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: February 06, 2008, 06:45:43 AM

Endie, you might have to make default setups that only use 85% of the ship's grid and CPU on YOUR fittings screen, to take into account that your intended recipients don't have high support skills to fit all that stuff.

Those are really basic setups, so I suspect that (without the RSDs) most people will be able to use all of them with alpha clone characters: they're pretty close to what you'll seen goon newbies using as tacklers in vast numbers of killboard entries  awesome, for real

As you say, RSDs require some juggling and sacrifices.  Personally, if half of us dropped a gun to fit an RSD I suspect we'd actually increase in deadliness.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 06:47:17 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: February 06, 2008, 07:17:14 AM

I'm quite happy to drop any/all guns to fit more useful equipment, I just need to be told what's the most useful :) Is there anything I can fit in high slots instead of guns that is A) useful and B) lower CPU usage?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: February 06, 2008, 07:24:08 AM

Stuff like vampires/energy destabilizers, smart bombs, etc can go in there - but you may only have enough room to fit one and may need an additional skill trained.

- Viin
Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: February 06, 2008, 05:18:40 PM

I'm dropping a launcher on the Merlin to fit a RSD.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: You do not speak about Frigate Club - Great kills but 2003 main will kill us all  
Jump to: