Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:46:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: You do not speak about Frigate Club - Great kills but 2003 main will kill us all 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: You do not speak about Frigate Club - Great kills but 2003 main will kill us all  (Read 45542 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

on: January 28, 2008, 07:24:08 AM

OK, we came, we saw, we shot stuff, we fell for the smartbombing battleship with a faction smartbomb costing more than our fleet, then we killed other people.  Now it's time to apply those valuable lessons to new, improved pewpewing.  We'll try to get people with even more kills for the killboards.

The first rule of Frigate Club is: no T2 ships this time (codicil 1 - except any covops who want to scout).  I will not be running this one as intentionally suicidal, but there is always a chance of death and I want us to be able to aggressively engage stuff knowing that one kill pays for the lot. 

I don't want to get people fatigued with too many of these gangs chewing up evenings, and this Sunday is superbowl Sunday, but if Saturday 9th February at 2000 Eve Time is fine for enough people we can run again then: post if you are up for this.

This time I will be setting up ships for people and handing them out in advance so you can jump back into one and short-cut across highsec to where we'll be with no downtime.  I'll also contract ships to people who will be turning up late, and arranging rendezvous points for them to join us.

I will also get a new mic.

I'll post more details later, so check this op at the top of the thread for updates, but assume for now that we'll be based out of Reisen again.  We'll be moving fast, largely in lowsec at first but dipping into 0.0 if I spot vulnerable targets.

For those who only experienced the first couple of kills and then the comedic Typhoon-based carnage, you missed out on quite a long and successful roam through lowsec afterwards, once everyone had got used to what we were up to.  Come back and try again.

Time of Op:

EVE/GMT      EDT      EST / CDT     CST / MDT     MST / PDT / Arizona     PST     Sydney     Stockholm     
20004 PM3PM2PM1PMNoon7AM?9PM

Please do train up ewar skills: especially Sensor Linking for RSDs.  With warp disruptors letting us stay at almost 20km from a target this means a bunch of us can damp someone to the point they literally cannot lock any of us.

Also, post your shiptypes, so I can get the right race of replacement ships in place and fitted to hand over in advance.

Participants:

Endie - Incursus
Ajax34i - Griffin/Merlin
Dbltnk - Rifter
Tar - Incursus
IainC - Gallente
Bhodii - Pod Griffin
Epid3mic - Merlin
Ravandor - Griffin
Hoax - Punisher
Lac - Rifter
Amiable - Minmatar/Amarr
Murgos - ?
Grand Design - Gallente
Myrdyn98 - Rifter
Quinton - Caldari
Akkori - Merlin
Sir T - Amarr
Jet Antares - Caldari
Ninja Sportz - Griffin
Snee - Amarr
Der Helm - Rifter
Gal Than - Caldari (all those guys use Caldari  Ohhhhh, I see.)
Mook - Punisher
Falconeer - Rifter
Llyse - ?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 02:18:06 AM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 07:40:01 AM

I'm in.
dbltnk
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 07:44:36 AM

I'll be there. Count me in for a Minmatar Tackler.
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 07:47:07 AM

I'll be there. Still got lots to learn :)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 07:50:56 AM

I'll try and be there if CCP sort out their comedy server connections. the main reason I left after my brutal podding on Sunday was that I couldn't maintain a connection. Everything else was fine but EvE just kept booting me as soon as (or before in some cases) I'd loaded the station. Losing the ship wasn't an issue, I was taking the piss a bit with a T2 fitted Ishkur but I can easily afford to lose a few of those in a night.

if I can reliably play, I'll be there again.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 07:52:12 AM

EDIT: nvm
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 07:53:49 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 07:56:48 AM

I'll go down as a maybe, Saturdays in the early afternoon (for me at least) usually won't work for me.  I'll find out for sure probably tonight.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 07:57:50 AM

Like I say, if you can only make it a couple of hours in, I'll be runnning it for about the same amount of time as last time, so we can rendezvous with late starters as the evening goes on.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 08:06:01 AM

I'll be there in a griffin!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 08:15:52 AM

I'll be there in a griffin!

And you don't have to scout this time...

Twitter - Endieposts

Epid3mic
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 08:29:16 AM

Ill be there with a merlin again =) only problem is ill more then likely be a late joiner...work on saturdays normally runs until 7pm Eastern standard time (east coast US)
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 08:35:09 AM

Can't make it early on Sat, again.  swamp poop

- Viin
Ravandor
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 09:11:23 AM

I'll be there in a Griffin at about 2130 Eve time.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 09:18:02 AM

Jacked up and good to go!@!!     Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Umm, for real though I'll be piloting a Punisher again.  Anyone else looking to fly Amarr who wants to compare notes PM me here or talk ingame.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 09:35:36 AM

I'll be there, probably in a rifter. I should have trained the other frigate skills to III by then for easy replacement.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 09:49:38 AM

Put me down for a maybe again (wife permitting) - i could do a rifter or punisher, whatever you prefer.  (alternatively I could buy a few throw away stabbers and fit it with some cheap speed mods/shield extenders and make a ghetto vaga)

The real problem is I have to get around to getting my PvP jump clone out of 0.0 where I left it oh...  7 or 8 months ago...
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 10:08:42 AM

Depending on GF issues (there is a formal Gala that night and she won't tell me if she wants to go) I'll be there for either a couple of hours or the whole op.

As of today I can fit MWD's so that should help make me a bit more useful as a tackler.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 10:11:29 AM

Darnit, I'm on nights that weekend.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 11:31:24 AM

I'm down.  I still have five punishers and four crucifiers left over, so I will bring those. 

Here is a handy guide to electronic warfare if anyone needs to brush up.
Tragny
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 11:33:58 AM

Sign me up. I've amarr, minmatar, and caldari frig III, along with gallente frig V and sensor suppression III, so uh incursis, tristan, maulus, or whatever is at hand. I should be around Thursday and Friday a bit, so give me a shout if you want a hand pre-fitting stuff.

"Masturbation is a more rewarding pursuit." -- Evangolis
Myrdyn98
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 11:47:35 AM

Ill be there in my DPS rifter
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 03:33:36 PM

I'm in.  I'll be creating a new character just for F13 piracy fun.  Probably Caldari.

12 days should be plenty of time to train up enough skills to cover MWD and ECM goodness.

EDIT: Character name is Zzelle.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 05:26:51 PM by Quinton »
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 05:15:36 PM

I have heard good things, everyone seems to recommend this mic for people who need one. Like Endie :)
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 05:31:28 PM

This is what I have available at most stores I think, $14.  Microphone sensitive enough that I have to keep it about 3 cm away from my mouth else it's too loud.

I don't like microphones that hang on a wire and pick up vibrations from my neck area; prefer something that's in front of my mouth, or to the side.

I also usually have the "20dB gain" checkbox checked on my sound card (it's an old old soundblaster).

Teamspeak seems to have poorer quality than some of the ventrilo servers I've been on (which supported 40 people in high quality), and I know vent lets you manually adjust someone's volume as well as put them on the left or right speakers, and there's a way to make Vent normalize everyone automatically regardless of how loud or whispery they are.

But that's neither here nor there, we use what we have access to, of course.
Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 05:36:25 PM

I'm in again. I might even have my new system by then and get a decent FPS. Merlin, and I will be ready for a MWD by then, with several nav-type skills at lvl 4.

I would have no problem renting a Ventrillo server. It's pretty cheap at around $13 per month for 60 users or $37 every 3 months. I like Vent better than TS personally. I love the way you can set up a hierarchy of channels within  room, and bind them to key. So if the FC wants to issue an order, he can speak only to WC, and then the WC can speak only to their Wing members, etc... Makes communication flow better. I was in a clan for BF2 that did this, 64 man teams, worked awesome. And the per-user customizations, like tone altering (for those with really deep voices -poke-) and volume adjustments. Anyway, just a thought....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 05:41:53 PM by Akkori »

I love the position : "You're not right until I can prove you wrong!"
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 05:47:01 PM

Yeah, but if we only have 1 op every 2 weeks, it probably isn't worth it, even with that low price.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 06:11:23 PM

I actually prefer teamspeak because I can run the client on my (Linux) laptop.

My win32 gaming box has some super-braindamaged onboard audio that crashes the game if hw accel is on.  I cannot imagine what running teamspeak *and* eve would do to it, but I bet it would not be pretty.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 06:38:10 PM

I have a commercial-grade internet connection with a server; Obviously, I can run vent as well as my current TS server should the need arise. There's no need to be buying access to one.

If you want, I'll set one up, and then you can buy access to mine, and you can pay in ISK :)

As for "Sound quality", there are a variety of codecs that you can use with different bitrates. I think teamspeak sounds better, but when you get 30+ people in one channel you end up having to drop the bitrate to avoid stuttering. The cool thing about TS is that you can do it on the fly, whereas in vent, you can't. Vent, on the other hand, has some other features, like different command channels, and also has a "de-geeking" filter that smooths and drops your voice about an octave :)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 06:58:54 PM

Hmm.. I might drop in then. All I have is a newbie alt with basic skills but I can trained her with basic jamming and scramming.. Any race prefered?  Shes Amarr but I can wipe her and create a new one.

Hic sunt dracones.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 08:02:20 PM

I have a commercial-grade internet connection with a server; Obviously, I can run vent as well as my current TS server should the need arise. There's no need to be buying access to one.

If you want, I'll set one up, and then you can buy access to mine, and you can pay in ISK :)

You can't, actually. Only their authorized resellers can have a 'commercial' version that holds more than the default 5 or whatever the personal version is. I looked into it once. See here: http://www.ventrilo.com/purchase.php

- Viin
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 08:49:11 PM

Hosting a LAN party so ...prolly not...but I might want to show the guys some eve PVP so who knows.

One thing is for sure, no leading for me. I got stressed the fuck out last time ( i was kinda hoping for a stress free roam, I have enough intense ones in VSQ). I was probably unfair in expectations. Either way, it was my first ever daredevil kill...so thats cool. I know this one will be much smoother, like any game ...PVP is a matter of experience. Valuable experience was gained last time. I'm still learning PVP stuff to this day. Part of the reason I love this game.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 08:57:56 PM

You can't, actually. Only their authorized resellers can have a 'commercial' version that holds more than the default 5 or whatever the personal version is. I looked into it once. See here: http://www.ventrilo.com/purchase.php
Oh. Well, that's a bunch of shit.

TS it is.
Logik
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 09:39:50 PM

What's the status of EVE's built-in voice comm?  I was under the impression they had made it free at some point.
Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: January 29, 2008, 04:52:17 AM

TS will work okay I am sure, but for important kind of op's, I would still vote Vent, and I really don't have a problem renting a server for a month so we can try it out.

I love the position : "You're not right until I can prove you wrong!"
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 05:35:53 AM

Vent pwns TS.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: You do not speak about Frigate Club - Great kills but 2003 main will kill us all  
Jump to: