Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:04:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: A crushing blow to internet douchebaggery... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A crushing blow to internet douchebaggery...  (Read 45981 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #35 on: December 27, 2007, 08:52:52 AM

I've been on Effexor for a week now, and I have to say I wish I'd gotten on anti-anxiety/depression/rage medication years ago. If any of you have been putting it off and relying on prayer/stoicism/being an Internet dick to get by, go get this stuff.

Awesome.  My wife was on Effexor before her current Zoloft script.  Maybe drugs suck but there are plenty of times when taking them sucks far less than not taking them, and not just for the person taking them.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #36 on: December 27, 2007, 09:14:44 AM

I'm almost tempted to take some just to see what kind of dreams I'd get. My dreams are already vivid and amazing. My fiancee says they're nightmares, but what does she know? I always win in the end. Like the one where we were running from a zombie horde and they cut us off from our car at a gas station. I shot a pump with my shotgun and blew the horde apart, but I also caught my leg on fire. Then we stole another car and got away. Who cares if your leg is on fire in a dream, that's the cool thing about dreams, you're invulnerable!

There was the one time we were running from a zombie horde (a regular theme) and she was driving up a hill. I had told her she needed more momentum to get the car (it was some mid-70s gas hog boat) up the hill. But she didn't, and the zombie horde almost ripped us apart that time. I woke up and told her if we are ever running from a zombie horde, I'll do the driving goddammit.

I love dreams, they're exciting.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37 on: December 27, 2007, 09:29:57 AM

I woke up and told her if we are ever running from a zombie horde, I'll do the driving goddammit.

Actual laughing from my face.  Good one.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 06, 2008, 04:55:34 AM

Whatever you do DON'T STOP TAKING IT SUDDENLY.

I couldn't take it for a few days, and I felt as high as a fucking kite.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #39 on: January 06, 2008, 05:56:01 AM

That's funny, when my wife stops taking it suddenly, she turns into a Reverse Vampire Wereboar.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 06, 2008, 02:00:30 PM

That sounds nasty.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 06, 2008, 02:14:12 PM

That's funny, when my wife stops taking it suddenly, she turns into a Reverse Vampire Wereboar.

She turns into a blood spewing hairy pig around the full moon?  Sounds like a pretty normal woman too me...

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 06, 2008, 02:39:43 PM

My wife's been on it for almost a year, due mostly to light depression and onsettin anxiety. She's on the minimum dose, but six months in tried to com off it. That lasted three days. It definitely has helped (as did some life stabiliy, finally). Unless there's some biological longterm issues, she can be on it forever as far as I'm concerned. This only started after the non medicinalethods weren't working well (tougher stillwith two ore-schoolers).

17m clinically depressed Americans sounds plausible to me. Money isn't happiness solely because there's apprently neverenough of if in a culture constantly driving you to get more. But I also wonder if they changed how they measured it. Similar thing happened with obesity. Different issue, yes, but the amount of folks considered obese skyrocketed when the changed the measure of it.

In any case, I truly feel for those who are on anti-depressants, particularly for anxiety attacks. Those are freakin' scary.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #43 on: January 06, 2008, 03:36:31 PM

My wife's been on it for almost a year, due mostly to light depression and onsettin anxiety. She's on the minimum dose, but six months in tried to com off it. That lasted three days. It definitely has helped (as did some life stabiliy, finally). Unless there's some biological longterm issues, she can be on it forever as far as I'm concerned. This only started after the non medicinalethods weren't working well (tougher stillwith two ore-schoolers).

17m clinically depressed Americans sounds plausible to me. Money isn't happiness solely because there's apprently neverenough of if in a culture constantly driving you to get more. But I also wonder if they changed how they measured it. Similar thing happened with obesity. Different issue, yes, but the amount of folks considered obese skyrocketed when the changed the measure of it.

In any case, I truly feel for those who are on anti-depressants, particularly for anxiety attacks. Those are freakin' scary.

Are you posting from your fucking cell phone? space bar ftw.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 06, 2008, 03:41:12 PM

My guess is that shiny new iPhone.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #45 on: January 06, 2008, 04:09:13 PM

There was the one time we were running from a zombie horde (a regular theme)

I thought I was the only one.

Though I'm not usually running, I'm usually sealed in.

I think you could do a whole psychological experiment just based on whether people try to seal themselves up or make a run for it in the zombie scenario.

But the zombie dreams have become so common that I now realize there are going to be zombies before any actually show up, so I start preparing early.  Honestly they're not even scary anymore, just stressful.  Zombies give you a lot to deal with.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 06, 2008, 04:54:53 PM

Are we serious here? I, for one, have never, ever had a zombie dream. Somehow, I feel left out, but also a little freaked out.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #47 on: January 06, 2008, 05:26:14 PM

She turns into a blood spewing hairy pig around the full moon?  Sounds like a pretty normal woman too me...

No no, note the Reverse portion also applies to the moon phases.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #48 on: January 06, 2008, 10:17:27 PM

The best is when you have a really awesome dream, wake up and go back to sleep to try and continue it, but instead you're greeted with a different awesome dream. Those are the good mornings.

Totally different note: My dad left when I was 5 and from 12 to about 21 I had a re-occurring dream of him disappearing into a room filled with water while some crazy bitch came flying in through a door to take me away. Scared the shit out of me every time. Glad it hasn't showed up in awhile.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #49 on: January 06, 2008, 10:29:48 PM

I am dead serious (  awesome, for real ) about the zombie dreams.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #50 on: January 06, 2008, 11:45:09 PM

My brother in law has had continual zombie dreams since he was a little kid.....  Kind of weird, I wonder how many people in the world get this?  I've had a few zombie dreams myself, but nothing like the reoccurring dreams that people describe here, as well as what my brother in law has.

In the few dreams I had, I barricaded myself in.  Not really a good strategy if you want some peace of mind in the dream.  It seemed like every time I walked into a room, I would discover yet another god damn window I hadn't barricaded, and would have to fight to board it up while I freaked out about zombies seeing me in the window.

At least if you make a break for it, you can spend the dream blasting your way through town.  Boarding up consist of you sitting around being deathly afraid of windows.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 07, 2008, 01:56:42 AM

Aw man, never had a zombie dream and now I feel like I'm missing out. My stressful dreams usually consist of not having some peice of work ready for the deadline which is suddenly today and then maybe managing to somehow fall out a window in a panic, which wakes me up unpleasantly.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #52 on: January 07, 2008, 05:50:19 AM

Add me to the list of the Zombie Dream Team. Haven't had one in a while, but its the typical movie scenario of you running away from zombies the entire dream. The worst part of it for me is that this type of dream seems to last a lot longer than the average dream time. I wake up from them thoroughly exhausted, as if I had indeed been running from a zombie horde all night.

Another bad dream type for me is the serial killer one. He's typically someone who's very smart, charismatic, and noone but me believes he's actually a serial killer. The worst part of it is that he's got a voice over in my head through out the dream, where he's taunting me by telling me who his next victim will be.

Oh, and none of this requires medication. I come by my fucked up dreams the natural way.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #53 on: January 07, 2008, 11:42:16 AM

I used to have recurring dreams of Tyrannosaurus Rex, complete with slow-motion running-away action.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 07, 2008, 12:28:45 PM

LOL and here I thought I was the only one who got a lot of zombie dreams. I don't know why but I dream of zombie invasions a lot. They are not scary in the least its more like a dream version of dead rising. I had someone try to convince me that they were nightmares but um nightmares are supposed to be scary and well zombies do not scare me.

I am not sure I would want any more vivid dreams than I already have cause that would be very very very vivid. Still most of the times I am having vivid dreams I realize that I am dreaming so it usually is more odd or silly than anything scary.

Wershlak
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 07, 2008, 01:49:25 PM

I've had it with these mutherfucking snakes in my mutherfucking dreams!

No zombies but maybe because I think zombies are silly and not scary like snakes
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #56 on: January 07, 2008, 02:25:12 PM

Y'know.. I used to wonder about my dreams and why I could never recall them.  Now I'm glad I never remember them, as it apparently puts you on meds.  awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #57 on: January 07, 2008, 02:27:46 PM

If you write them down right when you wake up you'll get better at remembering them.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #58 on: January 07, 2008, 03:41:44 PM

See, I don't even recall having them when I wake up. I wake up, turn off the alarm hug the wife and get into the shower, almost never recalling a moment of dreamland.  I've had 2 dreams I've remembered in the last 15 years, and that's because they were recurring.

One is the 'flight dream' and I don't do much beyond zipping around going, "oh right THAT's how you turn/ hover/ etc."   Once I figure it out again I'm done with the dream.

The other is the 'maze of stairwells, hallways and doors' dream.  Everything's beige, steel and concrete and every door leads to a hallway or a stairway I see in some 60's Batman "villain" angle.  That lasts until I find the rooftop access and then it's over.

The only other dreams I recall prior to that was when I was 10-12.  One involved GI Joe & Mermaids.   swamp poop The other Satan and an eternal field of baked beans.

See, nothing nearly as interesting as zombies and snakes and other such wild crap.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 07, 2008, 03:44:26 PM

This morning I had a dream that this really big fat guy clocked me in the eye. It wasn't too swollen though, so I got up and hit him back. Unfortunately, he just laughed at me. Then I went to my guidance counselor and told her that it was fucked up that some kid just walloped me. She just told me to suck it up.

Do with that what you will.  ACK!

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #60 on: January 07, 2008, 04:06:13 PM

I don't really dream. Not lately anyway. At least not to my knowledge.

I think that's a different problem entirely.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: January 07, 2008, 05:09:24 PM

I don't really dream. Not lately anyway. At least not to my knowledge.

I think that's a different problem entirely.

You just don't remember... or you're actually not going into that specific level of sleep. But you'd have lost your mind at this point if that were actually the case.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #62 on: January 07, 2008, 05:32:41 PM

I'm not entirely sure that I have not lost my mind.  swamp poop

But seriously, I remember dreams I have had in the past, but I cannot recall any recently. And most of the ones I have had are lame as hell. Like, embarrassingly lame, and much too embarrassing to put out on public boards.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #63 on: January 07, 2008, 09:48:33 PM

I got some vicodin after my last root canal. Didn't do much for the pain, so I drank a couple glasses of cognac and went to bed. Had my first and so far only color dream.

It was disturbing, and unnatural. Dreams should be in good old black and white symbolism.

<edit> spelling HARD
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #64 on: January 07, 2008, 09:57:39 PM

I had a recurring zombie dream several years back. Zombie in the "Serpent and the Rainbow" sense, not the Romero sense. Big ugly, rotting grey guy with dreads. Me running for my life through some kind of run down, Haitian shack neighborhood.

I used to have these nightmares when I was a kid, where I was trapped in a mall (I think?)... All kinds of unsettling colors everywhere.. Real rusty and dark, and it would end with two, uhh, football teams surrounding me on each end of an isle (at least that's the best that I could describe what they were), charging at me, and me waking right before I was crushed. They might have been zombies.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 09:59:34 PM by Stray »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 07, 2008, 09:58:44 PM

I got some vicodin after my last root canal. Didn't do much for the pain, so I drank a couple glasses of cognac and went to bed. Had my first and so far only color dream.

It was disturbing, and unnatural. Dreams should be in good old black and white symbolism.

What the....

Are other people like you? Only black and white?!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 08, 2008, 01:24:04 AM

I suspect he's a dog.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #67 on: January 08, 2008, 05:02:44 AM

Well, thanks guys.  Just had a zombie dream last night.
schild
Administrator

Reply #68 on: January 08, 2008, 05:09:31 AM

I've only had zombie dreams while working for Best Buy.

They were the customers. It never, ever shocked me even a tiny bit.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #69 on: January 08, 2008, 08:10:23 AM

Nietzschean supermen dream in color.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: A crushing blow to internet douchebaggery...  
Jump to: