Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:12:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: A crushing blow to internet douchebaggery... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A crushing blow to internet douchebaggery...  (Read 45980 times)
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

on: December 21, 2007, 11:56:10 AM

I've been on Effexor for a week now, and I have to say I wish I'd gotten on anti-anxiety/depression/rage medication years ago. If any of you have been putting it off and relying on prayer/stoicism/being an Internet dick to get by, go get this stuff.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 11:57:17 AM

Is that a new one? Ain't heard of it. What fun side effects does it come with?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 12:07:06 PM

I've been on Effexor for a week now, and I have to say I wish I'd gotten on anti-anxiety/depression/rage medication years ago.

Many of us have wished that for years.  awesome, for real

Just kidding. We need more first against the wall posts some days.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 12:12:47 PM

From Facts & Comparisons

Possible side effects of this medicine:
  All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Abnormal dreams; blurred vision; changes in taste; constipation; decreased sexual desire or ability; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; flushing; headache;increased sweating; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness; stomach upset;trouble sleeping; vomiting; weakness; weight loss; yawning.

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing;tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bizarre behavior; chest pain or discomfort; confusion; decreased urination; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; new or worsening agitation, anxiety, panic attacks, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility, restlessness, or inability to sit still; persistent or severe ringing in the ears; seizures; severe or persistent anxiety, nervousness, or trouble sleeping;severe or persistent cough; severe or persistent headache, dizziness, or stomach pain; shortness of breath; significant weight loss; suicidal thoughts or attempts;tremor; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual or severe mental or mood changes;vision problems; worsening of depression.

This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088(1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.

If I remember correctly, Venlafaxine was given FDA approval for anxiety in 2000 and for depression long before that.  It's not a new class of drug, it's really a drug that has been successful in finding alternate uses for itself.  Its action is as a serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI). It works by restoring the balance of certain natural substances in the brain(serotonin and norepinephrine), which helps to improve certain mood problems.  This is similar to tricyclic antidepressants (which are older drugs) and somewhat like the more common SSRI's. 

Hope that helps.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 12:15:31 PM

I suppose this new, drugged, and balanced Angry Bob.

But I liked the old one too.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 12:16:29 PM

Abnormal dreams is a side effect? Interesting....how do you define abnormal in a dream?

ETA: So should we petition to have a mod change Bob's name? Something like balanced.bob?

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 12:26:07 PM

I was forced to take antidepressants once (when it was just a real case of common teenage angst). Turned me into a bed ridden Spock. No thank you.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 12:32:47 PM

Abnormal dreams is a side effect? Interesting....how do you define abnormal in a dream?

ETA: So should we petition to have a mod change Bob's name? Something like balanced.bob?

I was taking it for a short time and I had VERY vivid dream.  They weren't always night terrors but they were always disturbing.  Such as having everyone in my family over to dinner and not having any food for some stupid reason and their faces getting bright red and angrier by the second.  All sorts of dreams... when I could sleep at all.  I had several serious side effects from it.  Eventually, I got something else but weened myself off it because my doctor kept wanting me to give it another chance.  I've had anxiety issues since I was in my teens.  Anyway, now I have kittens and don't need it anymore.  I still take something to help sleep, though.

PS  I don't have any anger issues at all, btw.  In fact, quite the opposite.  I almost never get angry... just annoyed.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 12:34:32 PM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 12:37:38 PM

Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
 bizarre behavior;

I would say a non-homicidial bob would count as bizarre behavior.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 12:52:51 PM

So far the only things I've noticed are a lack of fear or anxiety when they would be appropriate, and an extremely delayed orgasm. Seriously, it takes about an hour of working at it now. Not sure I'd really call either of those "bad" per se, though my wife might disagree in either, or both cases.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Cim
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 01:17:04 PM

There's no such thing as internet douchebaggery.  Everyone on the internet is nice and I love them.

Theres a place on your face that can save the human race, its called a smile, the positivity that it creates takes awhile, but the grin will turn an inch into a mile.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 01:21:21 PM

Abnormal dreams; blurred vision; changes in taste; constipation; decreased sexual desire or ability; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; flushing; headache;increased sweating; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness; stomach upset;trouble sleeping; vomiting; weakness; weight loss; yawning.

Is this medicine or marriage?

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 01:23:49 PM

If you want weird dreams, take chantix.  A coworker tried taking it to kill his smoking habit and had to stop because of the dreams it gave him.  He wouldn't even talk about them he said they were so 'abnormal'.  All you have to do to get it is tell your doctor you want to quit smoking and you've heard good things about it.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 01:45:24 PM

There's no such thing as internet douchebaggery.  Everyone on the internet is nice and I love them.

Man, fuck you.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
WayAbvPar

Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 01:53:06 PM

extremely delayed orgasm. Seriously, it takes about an hour of working at it now.

Yeah, it may seem like you can live with it now, but just wait. It will be a giant PITA eventually. I was on Celexa for almost 2 years and finally complained to my doc. He started by supplementing with Wellbutrin (which helped a bit), and eventually just tossed the Celexa altogether. Just Wellbutrin now, and I am back to my 1-15 minute ways. Not having to wait a week between sexual episodes (in order to get myself so worked up I could actually finish) is very nice.

In a completely unrelated note, anyone with some good free pr0n site recommendations can PM me   awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 03:19:32 PM

This thread is heading in a dangerous direction.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 03:20:39 PM

Just wait- we will be telling prostate exam horror stories in a year or two.

Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 03:36:32 PM

I took Effexor for a month.  I hated it.  It made me antsy and I couldn't sit still.  That and I still hated life.  Every thing they have tried to give me (Lexapro, Effexor, etc) doesn't seem to work so hot, so I just stopped taking it all and will go back to being an angry douchebag who hates everything and everyone.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 03:52:27 PM

Not to get all preachy, but umm... If you've got a real chemical imbalance, I don't think just straight up hatin' on shit is one of the symptoms. That just is what it is.

Hope you find some peace (if you're being serious). The world isn't that bad.

No, really.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 04:09:58 PM

With a name like Eff3x0r, I thought angry.bob got a video card upgrade. Who comes up with these drug names? I mean, other than the pharmaceutical company.

Anyways, glad its working for you bob. Hope that doesn't mean you won't be ready for mass excecution of Congress day, however. We're counting on you! Haemish bought a cheerleader outfit and everything. Mob

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 05:53:34 PM

Angry.bob is like a sweet tart.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 07:25:12 PM

Must change his name to Placid.Bob immediately.

Also, I have a friend who was on Effexor a few years ago and did experience some pretty trippy dreams.  It may have stemmed from one of several medications, though.  They gave him the full cocktail of antidepressants at once.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 09:56:39 PM

Placid.bob. Perhaps even flaccid.bob.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 11:42:46 PM

They can't legally print it this way, but "The slow, yet assured, deterioration of every bodily system and organ guaranteeing a vastly shortened, yet happier life." But hey, if it helps, what the fuck.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 01:37:08 AM

My Aunt was basically the same as this guy, and she got some pills and now she's normal.  I don't even mind being around her anymore.  I'm sure your friends/family are doing cartwheels.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 07:29:01 PM

...  Anyway, now I have kittens and don't need it anymore. 

How many kittens do you take per day?  Any preference on breed?

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #26 on: December 23, 2007, 10:43:24 AM

Damn it!  I have a whole list of health care idiots I was hoping the AngryBob Army would take care of...now I'll just have to deal with said idiots or drive farther till I start school up again.

But good luck with the therapy, I wish more could be done to help with mental health issues.  Being a night shift worker and having to flip and recover and not wanting to sleep makes me allready have enough vivid dreams, I damn sure wouldn't want any more graphic shit in my head than what is allready there.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 23, 2007, 12:20:47 PM

Normally I am wary of the US trend to use drugs to medicate every real and perceived illness. But if that particular drug really helps your particular case, good luck to you.

I mean, there can't be really over 17 million chronically depressed people in the US, can there?
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 03:59:14 PM

I would venture a guess to say that 17m is lowballing the estimates.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 24, 2007, 02:04:00 PM

Speaking of vivid dreams. I had some weird dreams that someone was messing with me this morning. First it felt like someone slapped my face. I woke up and looked around. No one there. Then it felt like someone poked me really hard in the back sort of like when your bed mate is going "move over". Again, woke up, looked around, no one there.

Either a) my bedroom is haunted by the ghost of the scizophrenic woman who died here allowing me to get the house for cheap or b) I just had two really weird dreams.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #30 on: December 24, 2007, 05:43:28 PM

After my mother died, (it was a bajillion years ago so don't go gooey on my) I used to dream that she put her hand on my arm or my cheek and when I woke up it would still feel warm.  It was not disturbing, it was comforting.  I was on Imipramine.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 25, 2007, 03:08:51 AM

extremely delayed orgasm. Seriously, it takes about an hour of working at it now.

Yeah, it may seem like you can live with it now, but just wait. It will be a giant PITA eventually. I was on Celexa for almost 2 years and finally complained to my doc. He started by supplementing with Wellbutrin (which helped a bit), and eventually just tossed the Celexa altogether. Just Wellbutrin now, and I am back to my 1-15 minute ways. Not having to wait a week between sexual episodes (in order to get myself so worked up I could actually finish) is very nice.

In a completely unrelated note, anyone with some good free pr0n site recommendations can PM me   awesome, for real

TMI dude! I have to look you in the face occasionally...

grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 25, 2007, 09:07:29 AM

Just have to say that any of these anti depressant things will work less well as time goes by, eventually you'll have to go off it and on something else.

The withdrawal can be severe and last for years, so don't take this shit unless you really can't face life without it. 

I was on Klonopin for 4 years to deal with my panic attacks.  Took me over a year to totally get off of it, now I deal with the panic attacks.  I'll never take any of this devil garbage again, I don't care how much my life sucks.  The withdrawal was hell.

http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/effexor/TCDBCBLD99KUQ56BF for example

Why don't you try our other games?
Cim
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 25, 2007, 08:05:34 PM

I take my previous statement back.  People on the internet, are ass holes.

Theres a place on your face that can save the human race, its called a smile, the positivity that it creates takes awhile, but the grin will turn an inch into a mile.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 26, 2007, 11:50:36 PM

I liked angry.bob. Does this mean no more Great Day of the Rope talk?

I've always had very vivid and fucked up dreams, since I was a small child. I used to keep a log of them. I'm sure a psychologist would have a field day with that. Some rather obvious recurring themes, including one involving sexy but dangerous women as if inspired by Catwoman from the old Batman TV series, if Catwoman actually killed a lot of people onscreen instead of just vamping it up.

Considering that most of my dreams are nightmares the last thing I would ever want to do is go on anything that would make that worse. Since my father died I've had dreams where he is alive about once every 3 weeks, and to me there isn't much worse than dreaming that an old pet or family member is alive and then waking up and realizing nope, still dead.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: A crushing blow to internet douchebaggery...  
Jump to: