Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:35:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: How about an empire wardec? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How about an empire wardec?  (Read 36484 times)
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: January 14, 2008, 09:18:01 AM

I think it's a great idea to get more people into the corp, and would love to see Endie recruiting people with chats/posts/etc.  He strikes me as having a real knack for exciting people to try Eve PvP.

The more the better I say, but I'm just a flunky.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #71 on: January 14, 2008, 09:43:51 AM

Damn you all for piquing my interest again. 0.0 life sucked, but your Empire wardecs sound somewhat fun.   It's making me consider signing-up to play with my Minnie Battlecruiser/ BSer agagin.

Damn you.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: January 14, 2008, 10:53:22 AM

I think the recruitment post sounds like a great idea too, Endie.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: January 14, 2008, 11:03:20 AM

Damn you all for piquing my interest again. 0.0 life sucked, but your Empire wardecs sound somewhat fun.   It's making me consider signing-up to play with my Minnie Battlecruiser/ BSer agagin.

Damn you.

This would be brilliant: our tactics have been slightly constrained by the fact that they decided to fly the biggest ships they could find and our alts are just moving up through the hierarchy of ships: when we jumped in on them outside the Sankassen station they outnumbered us in ships, battleships, tank and overall dps.  We won, and amazingly even held the field at the end of the fight (and i don't want to say why on the open forum) but if we had another big ship or two we could begin to dictate engagements like that, and try out other stuff.  I've posted some theorycrafting in the super-sekrit war forum about ideas on that front.

And yay I'll try and write a recruitment post for the main forum tomorrow when I should be working.  It will shamelessly rip off Stahlregen's SA recruitment posts.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: January 14, 2008, 11:24:30 AM

I've posted some theorycrafting in the super-sekrit war forum about ideas on that front.

Which unless I'm blind I still don't have access to.  Mob

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: January 14, 2008, 12:36:05 PM

Is someone working on finding us a moderator that can approve people for the super sikrit forum? Or can someone just make Irek a local moderator for that forum? Must schild be bribed with anime and a mario game that will run on the PS3 for that to happen or what?
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: January 14, 2008, 01:29:16 PM

Damn you.

This would be brilliant: our tactics have been slightly constrained by the fact that they decided to fly the biggest ships they could find and our alts are just moving up through the hierarchy of ships: when we jumped in on them outside the Sankassen station they outnumbered us in ships, battleships, tank and overall dps.  We won, and amazingly even held the field at the end of the fight (and i don't want to say why on the open forum) but if we had another big ship or two we could begin to dictate engagements like that, and try out other stuff.  I've posted some theorycrafting in the super-sekrit war forum about ideas on that front.

And yay I'll try and write a recruitment post for the main forum tomorrow when I should be working.  It will shamelessly rip off Stahlregen's SA recruitment posts.

I have a maelstrom ready to go.  3 days and I'll have tech2 large guns.
Phry
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: January 14, 2008, 01:39:06 PM

I think it's a great idea to get more people into the corp, and would love to see Endie recruiting people with chats/posts/etc.  He strikes me as having a real knack for exciting people to try Eve PvP.

The more the better I say, but I'm just a flunky.

I've been lurking in the boards for a few months, and just started eve yesterday.  Any chance i could get in?

Computer kinda blows at the moment and probably couldn't handle too many ships pew pewing at each other at once though.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #78 on: January 14, 2008, 01:41:36 PM

HE'S A SPYYYYYYYYY

;)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Phry
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: January 14, 2008, 01:44:33 PM

Yes, i just want to get you guys back.

Made the mistake of buying grimgrimore after reading schild's review :(
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: January 14, 2008, 03:11:48 PM

I think we have to do some sort of qualification period: a month, say, with a decent number of posts?

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Faust
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: January 14, 2008, 03:44:15 PM

That mean I will have to de-lurke every 3 years or so?

Kin Rha
Phry
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: January 14, 2008, 03:56:43 PM

I usually only post places when i have a reason to. I usually just read.

I don't really know what i'm doing.  Just flying around shooting missles at stuff right now.

If you want to message me my name is WhoFlungDoo. (My guy looks oriental hehe.)  If not i'll just go back to lurking.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: January 14, 2008, 05:04:32 PM

Yes, i just want to get you guys back.

Made the mistake of buying grimgrimore after reading schild's review :(

I got a good laugh out of that.

But I still think you're a spy.

Tinfoil Hat
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: January 14, 2008, 07:58:54 PM

Feel free to join the F13 channel and chat with everyone. Who knows? Maybe they'll decide you aren't a spy eventually.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: January 15, 2008, 12:56:09 AM

I've  been thinking about resubbing and maybe joining f13 corp as well so this might be a good time come out of the woodwork  smiley

I can fly BS and was thinking about checking out the trinity visuals.
I was wondering if F13 corp is active during the euro evenings?

oh, and I'm a spy too.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:02:51 AM by lac »
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: January 15, 2008, 06:07:46 AM

Since war has been declared on F13 as well have we given any thought to just merging the BAT members back into F13 since thats where we all were in the first place?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: January 15, 2008, 06:23:24 AM

Since war has been declared on F13 as well have we given any thought to just merging the BAT members back into F13 since thats where we all were in the first place?

I thought that the F13 members would be happy not to be wardecced some of the time, whereas those in BC desire a 1984-style constant state of warfare?

Twitter - Endieposts

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: January 15, 2008, 07:38:09 AM

Yah the idea is that BC is going to be more aggressive on the wardecs than F13. F13 will get wardec'ed in retaliation (as we have seen this time) but I don't expect them to be bothered most of the time as there are plenty of folks in BC who actually want to fight and will seek out fights.

But, that means that I really need folks to post any PK deaths to the killboard so we can make sure they aren't bothering the F13 corp.

- Viin
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: January 15, 2008, 11:25:23 AM

Bah, I dl'ed a 14 day trial yesterday.  Stupid Pew Pew.  Someone PM me what to do to get in on it.  I'm following the goon wiki on building a tackler and I just finished the tutorial 10 mission thing last night.

I've PM'ed you the goonfleet survival video links, which includes tackling 101 amongst other stuff, as well as two videos on fleet warfare which are a bit larger scale than we do, and slanted towards 0.0, but are still very useful.

Thanks Endie.  I'll be on tonight see if I can get into -BAT- and help raise some newb <1M SP hell.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: January 16, 2008, 12:48:10 PM

I find it amusing when people in a wardeccing corp get pissed that you're not fighting them the way they want you to. My corp got empire wardecced by 3 different corps this weekend. They seem to get upset that when they're sitting outside the station with 5-6 battleships, we don't really see the point in undocking. When most of them logged or left the system, we undocked, found a Deimos, Taranis, and a Rapier and managed to kill the first two but the Rapier got away. We went back to the station where we started and redocked. The Rapier came back to the station and started taunting in local about how we suck and only fight when blobbed and how he'll take on all 8 of us. After listening to this for about 10 minutes (our corp has a rule about no talking to the enemy except for Good Fight), we all undocked and started blasting him. Unfortunately he insta-docked and logged.

It seems so much of Eve fighting (and probably all fighting) is choosing the battlefield. If you can choose where, when, and how to start a fight, most of the time you will win. These griefer wardec corps hate the fact that they can't fight us they way they want.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: January 16, 2008, 12:56:11 PM

I find it amusing when people in a wardeccing corp get pissed that you're not fighting them the way they want you to.

Yeah, our current targets, after unwisely deciding to try moving around the system in smaller groups, have now stuck religiously in large groups of battleships on the station undock.

That's cool, and like i've said, very clever.  It's a challenge to us (in younger characters, with less numbers, in smaller ships) to work out a way around it.  If we don't, then we've killed more of them than they have of us, against the odds, and we'll pick on someone else next and maybe come back to this lot when we have more tonnage and a nano-BS to bump them with in a few weeks  awesome, for real

Twitter - Endieposts

Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: January 21, 2008, 04:55:00 AM

Well my corp has a current lack of target corps - if someone wants to PM me the target corp name and the system(s) most of the action is happening in I'll see if my lot are up for the rumble (obviously for free  smiley)
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: January 21, 2008, 08:07:10 AM

Ok, so my corp just got wardecced by someone and we're located in the empire. What are the rules of engagement now then? Can we just shoot at each other anywhere without Concord intervening (near stations, jump gates)? Can we pod freely?
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: January 21, 2008, 08:16:38 AM

Ok, so my corp just got wardecced by someone and we're located in the empire. What are the rules of engagement now then? Can we just shoot at each other anywhere without Concord intervening (near stations, jump gates)? Can we pod freely?

Once the war goes live (24 hours after you get the email) both side can engage and pod at will  smiley

Concord look the other way
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: January 21, 2008, 08:43:10 AM

Yup, engage at will.  They can camp your station, camp stargates in your home systems, track your missionrunners and kill them, etc.  You can do the same.

You should all keep the Local window open, and add any of their members that you see to your Address Book.  That way, you'll get a green pop-up if they're online, and a red one if they're not, even after they leave the system you're in.  You should also show info on their corporation, and if they have a recruitment channel, join it and grab the names of everyone in there, add to address book and set -6 standing.  It may be another way to find the names of some of their corp members and their hidden alts.

Try to set up safespots in your home systems, locate the nearest manufacturing hub where you can buy replacement ships from, stockpile whatever ships you can use in PVP and their modules, etc.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: January 21, 2008, 09:15:37 AM

You should all keep the Local window open, and add any of their members that you see to your Address Book.  That way, you'll get a green pop-up if they're online, and a red one if they're not, even after they leave the system you're in.  You should also show info on their corporation, and if they have a recruitment channel, join it and grab the names of everyone in there, add to address book and set -6 standing.  It may be another way to find the names of some of their corp members and their hidden alts.

Is there something special about -6? Why not -10?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #97 on: January 21, 2008, 09:24:58 AM

I think its a funky orange color...more distinguishable than the red -10 (since war targets are the same red with a star)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: January 21, 2008, 10:58:23 AM

Just a reminder to keep war chat in the WARf13 channel. 

Emperor Dano has been hanging out in the public channel all day.

Not even as an alt to hide himself, but openly taunting.

(Falconeer should have some good logs of the idiocy.)
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: January 21, 2008, 11:02:19 AM

Yeah, if you happen to -6 someone who's not in the corp that has declared on you, it'll be orange, not red.  May be an alt, may be someone who wants to join them, or just wants to chat with them.  In any case, if they're not ganged up, shooting them will get you concordokened, so I prefer different colors just in case.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #100 on: January 21, 2008, 04:27:20 PM

Just a reminder to keep war chat in the WARf13 channel. 

Emperor Dano has been hanging out in the public channel all day.

Not even as an alt to hide himself, but openly taunting.

(Falconeer should have some good logs of the idiocy.)

This is important, people often forget that F13 isn't even sort of meant to be a secure channel, just a place to talk w/ everyone and get basic tips.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: February 03, 2008, 02:42:13 PM

I'm looking for a new target to wardec. Keep your eyes peeled for a likely candidate.

May even consider a small alliance, but that would eat into our corp funds quite a bit.

- Viin
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #102 on: February 03, 2008, 04:24:18 PM

Damn you.

God.

I have to agree this is making coming back so attractive.

Everyone needs more Caldari scum frigate bait
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: February 03, 2008, 04:32:39 PM

I'm looking for a new target to wardec. Keep your eyes peeled for a likely candidate.

May even consider a small alliance, but that would eat into our corp funds quite a bit.
Well, there's a rather stupid -- but well equipped -- band of pirates operating out near Arranon called "Pay Now, Inc". Can't say for size, though. Might just be one or two rich idiots.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #104 on: February 03, 2008, 04:41:29 PM

Well, there's a rather stupid -- but well equipped -- band of pirates operating out near Arranon called "Pay Now, Inc". Can't say for size, though. Might just be one or two rich idiots.

Getting a fight with lowsec pirates isn't hard though.  We need to wardec some small mission running corps.  We could always run some bait ops on Pay Now considering how intelligent they seem to be.   awesome, for real

@Llyse & Merusk:  You should come fly with us because you never know how long one of these f13 runs will last.  But right now we've got a solid mix of player types and decent enough activity that its a decent amount of fun.  Feel free to just start a new character on the trial and come fly though to check it out.  Can never have too many frigates  ^^

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: How about an empire wardec?  
Jump to: