Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:43:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: How about an empire wardec? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How about an empire wardec?  (Read 36485 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

on: December 20, 2007, 04:13:46 AM

How about we move a bunch of our alts into a separate corp for a week or so (ie not F13, so as not to cause trouble for our genial host) and issue a wardec against some empire corp with big ships, ten times our alts' skillpoints and ten times our numbers?

A few hours in Motsu, and using the new advert system, will find likely targets.  I have a few alts capable of using locator agents around Caldari space, and I'm sure others must, too, so we could track them down if they insist on missioning instead of pewpewing.

This would give us a way to find fights together (or alone) throughout the week of the wardec, rather than just roaming.  I have plenty-o-cash, so I'd sponsor the 50m wardec fee.  The usual corporate sponsorship, branding and merchandising rights notwithstanding, of course.

Edit: since this would be versus empire types who are neutral in the whole Great War thing there's no reason why the guys from GF, Snigg, and even Joe and LC couldn't join in with disposable alts.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 04:15:18 AM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 04:22:09 AM

Empire war dec (corp vs corp) is only 2mil (assuming the 2 parties don't have any other wars going on)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 04:25:21 AM

Empire war dec (corp vs corp) is only 2mil (assuming the 2 parties don't have any other wars going on)

Seriously?  Is that not just for mutual ones?  Sweet.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 06:45:02 AM

I'm in!
Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 07:07:21 AM

Sounds good to me.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 09:30:57 AM

Cool

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 09:54:18 AM

Does this mean that the  NDA forum will see some action again?  It's been quiet for a while now...
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 11:04:49 AM

If you're gonna be mean bastards do it properly.  Wardec a carebear corp and ransom their POS.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 11:18:38 AM

If you're gonna be mean bastards do it properly.  Wardec a carebear corp and ransom their POS.

Argh!  In the last four months i must have helped reinforce or destroy almost 50 POSes.

That said, I'm pretty good at doing it with only a few BSes, now, and we can now scoop the modules afterwards too.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 11:43:59 AM

Argh!  In the last four months i must have helped reinforce or destroy almost 50 POSes.

That said, I'm pretty good at doing it with only a few BSes, now, and we can now scoop the modules afterwards too.

But you didn't get evemails full of tears and rage for your efforts did you?  awesome, for real
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 12:23:16 PM

But you didn't get evemails full of tears and rage for your efforts did you?  awesome, for real

Forums full of it :)  But I take your point...

Twitter - Endieposts

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 12:38:13 PM

Wardeccing EVE-U is always pretty fun. The newbs out in low-sec are there for exactly the same reason you are (pew-pew) and they have a number of very skilled, long-time vets that run their PvP stuff.

The newbs not into combat are generally in higher-sec playing the market or missioning.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 01:32:53 PM

Irek can start the corp if we wanna do that - he has some corp skills. Mezz (my alt) is CEOing the F13 corp anyways.

Someone come up with a name and I'll set it up tonight - then we can bounce back and forth between it and F13.. though someone will notice in our employment history and wardec F13 too eventually.

- Viin
Slapshot76
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 01:53:22 PM

I would be up for some empire ganging.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 02:07:18 PM

here's some names:

Bat Country [-BC-] (already have this corp setup)
F14
Intergalactic RZR [IRZR]
America Online [-AOL-]
Will PVP For Food [PVP4F]
Cure for Carebears [CURE4]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:10:19 PM by Viin »

- Viin
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 02:19:44 PM

Will see if I can get proper combat alt, but one question - are there large enough empire corps we can shoot at?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 02:22:22 PM

We can find one!

- Viin
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 02:38:37 PM

I have a 9 million skillpoint pvp alt not doing anything, or is the spirit of this empire war more geared to a disposable character?
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 02:56:43 PM

I have a 9 million skillpoint pvp alt not doing anything, or is the spirit of this empire war more geared to a disposable character?
I'm totally up for creating an alt dedicated to endless suicide.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 02:58:01 PM

Not sure it matters - whatever you want to do. I'm going to use my main most likely. I'm not scared!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

- Viin
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 03:26:30 PM

I'm totally up for creating an alt dedicated to endless suicide.

Just trying to get a feel for what you guys are wanting to do ....  a lighthearted empire war full of fun dumbfuckery and suicidal attacks screaming "banzi!" using an alt I'm not even training, or an attempt to inflict some real pain on a wealthy carebear which can hopefully profit from.  I'm fine with either one, and am only asking so I know which character to sign up.
Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 04:38:04 PM

I say bring the 9 mil alt, most of us are using noobs because we are noobs or people cannot leave their corp to have a fun pvp romp, but if you have a pvp alt doing nothing, the added skill points will help whether it is just suiciding or trying to actually make a profit on the carebears.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 04:39:53 PM

Will see if I can get proper combat alt, but one question - are there large enough empire corps we can shoot at?

I know the costs stack up for multiple wardecs, but if it starts at 2 mill then maybe it wouldn't be too steep to wardec a couple of 50+ person empire corps?  I've one in mind that I was once a member of (and which rips off its members for 10% tax without even a small pos to give them), but I'll sit around in the mission hubs for a few hours this weekend and see if there are any patterns, add a few members to my buddy list and see how much they are on, join one on an alt perhaps to get their active member count, and we can run some locator agents to nail them down when we wardec and they think it's smart to move to Kaunokka instead of Motsu.

Edit: Kamen, I'd like to profit as well as gank, and if they choose to use their 30 million SP caldari characters to jump into pvp fits and fight back then good for them.  Otherwise we might even get someone's coveted Gisti X-Type :)

Re skillpoints, I'll use the Groundskeeper, who is at the 5 mill skillpoint mark, but anything will be fine.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 04:42:19 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 02:58:49 AM

Seriously?  Is that not just for mutual ones?  Sweet.

Mutuals are free

Assuming your targets have no other wars on the first war is 2mil, the second 4mil and your 3rd 6mil (corps are capped at 3 outbound wars) - obviously all the renewals will all end up at 6mil if you keep all 3 wars going.

If your target corp(s) have multiple wars on the prices will be higher (we have a single war on currently thats 6mil a week due to the targets corps 'popularity')

Mission running corps while profitable (unless they are farmers and thus immediately flee to NPC corp when the dec lands) can be tricky to engage if they only run missions in the same system as the agent (even if you have decent probing skills you'd need to know the names of their ships and find them on the directional scanner before probing them so you know you've probed the right ship). If they mission run in the systems surrounding the agent you have the opportunity of catching them on the inbound/outbound gate which is far easier (but requires patients and/or timing - you'll sit for ages on the gate waiting for them to finish the mission and hope they dont have a scout bust your camp before they all jump through)

Industrial corps tend to be easier (and can be just as profitable from a surrender fee point of view) as noob they will often still try mining and running haulers about while at war, kill them and the noob rage sets in and they come back in their mission running setup (usually with their mission running corp mates who think PvP is easier than a lvl 4)

Unfortunately to get much action you really need to dec corps >50 members to compensate for alts, inactives and timezone differences, usually this will leave you with a nice number of people to shoot at pretty much all the time however you do run the risk of getting blobbed everyonce in a while (usually right at the start of the war when the target is full of rage and wants to teach you a lesson) we often let a target stew for 24/48 hours after the war starts so they get bored and go back to doing their normal thing at which point we turn up and spank them

The other alternative is to dec multiple smaller corps (just try to pick ones operating in the same area so your pilots arent bouncing all over the place) - again beware of [un]intentional blobbing by the multiple targets
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 03:29:40 AM

...Advice...

Great stuff, 5150: really useful.

I have a covops with pretty good skills who can use up to observator probes, so it should be possible to find the targets in-system: I take it that a neutral alt sitting around somewhere on the station grid is a good idea to note ship names, too?  At 12 mill a week for three targets (assuming no other wardecs on them) I'd say we might as well go for the full three to be sure of targets: I'll happily cover that since I'm more interested in PvPing alongside F13 people than anything else like actually making money.

Twitter - Endieposts

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 09:36:42 AM

Someone pick a corp name, stat! (So I can make this thing and be done with it!)

- Viin
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 21, 2007, 10:51:37 AM

I'm not even in it, yet, but:

Learning the Hard Way
Losing Proposal
We Heart U
Entertainment Weekly
How U Say Ransm

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 21, 2007, 12:03:44 PM

If you guys get this rolling before my trial runs out (12 days to go) I am in.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 21, 2007, 12:55:27 PM

How about 'Violent Friendliness'? or 'Violently Friendly'?

- Viin
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 21, 2007, 12:56:37 PM

Friendly Violence?

EDIT:  just create it, shrug.  Sorry.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 12:58:34 PM

It's too hard!  swamp poop

Could do 'Peaceful Violence' or 'Violently Peaceful' ..

Really I'm at a loss. Someone come up with a good one, I'll even give you a 1isk reward!

- Viin
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 21, 2007, 01:14:49 PM

Band of Goons

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: December 21, 2007, 01:33:42 PM

here's some names:

Bat Country [-BC-] (already have this corp setup)
F14

I love both of these. Especially Bat Country.

Twitter - Endieposts

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 21, 2007, 01:36:16 PM

We can do Bat Country.

Where do we want to be based for this empire war? Is Olo OK?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 01:39:46 PM by Viin »

- Viin
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 21, 2007, 01:43:00 PM

We can do Bat Country.

Where do we want to be based for this empire war? Is Olo OK?
Just let me know what sort of alt to create. I don't mind donating a little time and money from my main's training. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: How about an empire wardec?  
Jump to: