Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:00:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: How about an empire wardec? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How about an empire wardec?  (Read 36482 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #105 on: February 04, 2008, 09:30:55 AM

My char's in BC now.  I'm just never in-game as I'm training shit and actually playing wow because hanging out in Eve bores me to death.  Fuck, even mission running bores me anymore.  Heartbreak

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Phry
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: February 04, 2008, 11:01:51 AM

Same here.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: February 04, 2008, 11:09:10 AM

So stop mission running and kill some pirates!

Really, we could do a run every night as long as someone is on to lead the group - whoever is on and has a frigate available would be welcome to join and hunt for targets.

- Viin
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #108 on: February 04, 2008, 11:19:18 AM

I mission run for the moolah.  Of course, even that's dried-up since it seems like CCP has nerfed L3 payouts since I last played.  My L3 missions only net me around 700k per complete when I bother doing them when I used to get about 900k to a mil.  Considering that's in a .4 zone as well, I don't even want to attempt the other agent who was in a .9 zone but sending me into .4 zones for the objectives.

My wallet is a 'fat' 52 mil, meaning I *could* run frigs for a good long while, but since missioning was always my source of income, I'd be boned if I stopped.

Really, I'm thinking that the game's simply not for me (seeing as I *hate* 'virtual worlds') and I should just sell the acct off and be done with it.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: February 04, 2008, 11:31:54 AM

Well what are you going to do with all that ISK after you sell your character?!?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Yah sometimes it's a pain. I actually sell a 30day time code once every few months and that keeps me with enough cash to have fun without the grinding. I know some folks don't like that, but, well, my time is more valuable than a $15 time code.

The other option would be to look into research agents and sell what they make you for cash.

(For your missions, I believe the payout is based on where the mission is, not where the agent is. So if your agent sends you to 0.4 it should pay out the same as an agent actually in 0.4 unless that agent sends you into deeper unsecure space. Also, I believe the mission payouts were adjusted to account for the increased money gained from salvaging).

- Viin
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #110 on: February 04, 2008, 11:53:50 AM

I made 700k and should have made 1.3M just doing some module buying and selling, took me around 45min of travel time but that was with me stopping and checking market data for various regions and doing a bunch of backtracking and figuring out what to look for.  Keep in mind I'm not very smart nor very economic minigame savvy.

If you don't like mission running, don't run missions.  I don't mind it too much as long as I don't actually grind it.  Running a mission or 3 a day is about right for me.  After that if no pvp opportunity has arisen I just hop onto TF2 or go work the markets, mess with fittings, shoot bhodi's raven or take a trip down to jita to pick up some essentials.  The mindset that you should grind something to advance is what burns lots of people out on eve.  But that is a diku mindset.  Just hanging out can be unfun if everybody is afk/busy I'll give you that.  But that's why I have games like Infinity, Desktop tower defense, TF2, not to mention doing some actual productive shit after work.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: February 04, 2008, 11:57:47 AM

Since you guys are talking about missions anyway, are there any "save" Level 4" agents ? I fly for the minmatar republic fleet and all agents I have access to are located in below 0.6 systems. Which, if I am not mistaken means that I will get ganked sooner or later.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: February 04, 2008, 12:01:54 PM

I mission run for the moolah.  Of course, even that's dried-up since it seems like CCP has nerfed L3 payouts since I last played.  My L3 missions only net me around 700k per complete when I bother doing them when I used to get about 900k to a mil.  Considering that's in a .4 zone as well, I don't even want to attempt the other agent who was in a .9 zone but sending me into .4 zones for the objectives.
I was missioning out of a .5 system (constellation was a .4, a .5, and the rest were .8 and up) and making about 500 to 700k per L3 mission, but I was pulling down -- on average -- 2 to 3 million in loot, not counting salvage. Bounties ranged around the 400 to 700k mark per mission as well.

Of course, I happened to be in that .4 system when that fucknuts from Pay Now showed up (thanks again Iain!) and have since moved to an all high-sec mission area, so perhaps things will change.

But I never looked to the mission payouts -- I was after LP's and loot. The bounties and payoffs were just steady income, but the profits came from the nice named drops.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #113 on: February 04, 2008, 12:12:24 PM

Newb Question:

When I finished the last part of the tutorial last night, the final tutorial agent said she'd bookmark an agent for me in my "People and Places" tab and I could use that Agent to start running missions.  Only, for whatever reason, it didn't seem to happen.  I have 3 agents in there, all of them tutorial agents and none of them have missions for me.

Now on to the dumb question:  What should I do?  Is there a way for me to find agents?  Should I just fly around a bit randomly looking for possible agents?  Am I really even asking this annoying dumb newbie question?  Find out in the next post!

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: February 04, 2008, 12:18:28 PM

Now on to the dumb question:  What should I do?  Is there a way for me to find agents?  Should I just fly around a bit randomly looking for possible agents?  Am I really even asking this annoying dumb newbie question?  Find out in the next post!

http://eve-agents.com/
is your friend.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #115 on: February 04, 2008, 12:23:03 PM

http://eve-agents.com/
is your friend.

Awesome, thanks!

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #116 on: February 04, 2008, 12:24:15 PM

In the map, there in a "My Information" section which has a show available agents option as well.

"Me am play gods"
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #117 on: February 04, 2008, 01:17:01 PM

In the map, there in a "My Information" section which has a show available agents option as well.

Wow, thanks, I apparently have a metric fuckton of available agents.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: February 04, 2008, 01:24:56 PM

I'm 10 days in so let my wealth of experience in dealing with agents guide you.

Get connections.  Train it to 3.  Make $$$.

Capiche?

Seriously though, connections, even 1 level of it, will allow you to get MUCH better quality agents.  Connections 3 got me from dorking around with moderate L1 Q0 agents right into the L2's.  If you started with one of the builds that gives you Frigate IV beg some cash off the channel and get into a cruiser and skip the L1 missions almost altogether.  You will make 5-10x as much on a L2 (I've pulled close to two million on a mission after selling the drops) it's made a huge difference to my enjoyment and my wallet.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: February 04, 2008, 01:42:41 PM

I'm 10 days in so let my wealth of experience in dealing with agents guide you.

Get connections.  Train it to 3.  Make $$$.
I have connections to five. It's driving me nuts. I have Gallente Federation standing of 4.34 and need 4.35 to access the PERFECT L3 agent. So I'm off doing L2's in a battlecruiser (I have a pair of good quality L2 agents in the same station) until I trigger a storyline mission to bump my standing up .01.

But yeah -- connections to 3/5 helps a lot. So do the ones that increase LP gain, mission payouts, and the agent's effective quality. If you're a dedicated missioner, it's worth training the cheap social skills to at least 2/5.
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #120 on: February 04, 2008, 01:53:49 PM

Seriously though, connections, even 1 level of it, will allow you to get MUCH better quality agents.  Connections 3 got me from dorking around with moderate L1 Q0 agents right into the L2's.  If you started with one of the builds that gives you Frigate IV beg some cash off the channel and get into a cruiser and skip the L1 missions almost altogether.  You will make 5-10x as much on a L2 (I've pulled close to two million on a mission after selling the drops) it's made a huge difference to my enjoyment and my wallet.

I'm at Caldari Cruiser II and have around 500k isk, so I'm currently in the process of building up enough money to buy a Caracal.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #121 on: February 04, 2008, 02:02:59 PM

Note: You really ought to train the +CHA basic learning skill to 2 or 3 if you are going to take any of those skills to 4-5 otherwise you're pretty much ok taking it to Level1.  If you setup a full plan in EVEmon it will do the min/maxing for you.

PS  Caracals are fun and win for both pvp dps and mission running.  Once you have the money to buy+insure one for yourself, buy one and send the insurance cost in an evemail to Irek he will reimburse you.

PPS  Also remember to always keep two tackling frigates fitted and insured somewhere nearby so that you can pewpew at will.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: February 04, 2008, 02:06:39 PM

I'm at Caldari Cruiser II and have around 500k isk, so I'm currently in the process of building up enough money to buy a Caracal.

We usually have lots of bored rich people in the F13 channel, just ask for a handout to get you started and you're likely to have a million isk thrown at you.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
cevik
I'm Special

Reply #123 on: February 04, 2008, 02:10:09 PM

We usually have lots of bored rich people in the F13 channel, just ask for a handout to get you started and you're likely to have a million isk thrown at you.

The 500k isk I have is thanks to Furiously! :)

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #124 on: February 04, 2008, 06:46:31 PM

Whats your name in game? I got 10 mil for ya cevik.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: February 05, 2008, 02:49:06 AM

Yeah look, if you are starting out at the moment and short of cash (by which I mean that, say, you really would like to buy the salvaging skill but 900,000 seems such a lot of money) then PM me no the boards or mention it here in this thread.  I've only had to replace 1 ship in Delve so far, I have tons of money and it will seriously make a lot more difference to you than me.  I would genuinely like to give you money.  Don't grind for pennies or worry about losing a ship!

Also, remember to insure your free frigates if you come along on Saturday's gang: you will make hundreds of thousands each time you die and run a profit on the night.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: February 05, 2008, 11:14:08 PM

If you're a long time player who finds the isk grind a drag, mission for R&D corps and train up those research skills. Datacores are amazing even if you don't grind out the L4 agents. Datacores are extra amazing if you play sporadically. Imagine having an injection of 30M+ every time you sat down for a new bout of Eve. :)
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: February 06, 2008, 09:31:07 AM

If you're a long time player who finds the isk grind a drag, mission for R&D corps and train up those research skills. Datacores are amazing even if you don't grind out the L4 agents. Datacores are extra amazing if you play sporadically. Imagine having an injection of 30M+ every time you sat down for a new bout of Eve. :)
Yeah, I left an L2 research agent running last time I quit and finally collected on my datacores -- 75 million. You just need to remember that you have them. I didn't until someone else was bragging on research money.

It's very time consuming and expensive to get multiple research agents up, so I wouldn't recommend that unless you're planning to play for a long time.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: February 07, 2008, 04:39:48 AM

I dunno, I really liked doing the (what I suppose are) L1 missions. I'm all running around warping here and there and blowing the shit out of stuff. That's fun. I like pew pew, even if I'm blowing up NPC scum, because I think the mechanics are neat.  awesome, for real

Now, if they'd get their servers up and running this morning.  Ohhhhh, I see.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #129 on: February 07, 2008, 08:57:17 AM

Missions can be fun once in a while.  However, doing the L3 missions just gets to be a chore. I think it's mainly because of the flight time in the brick of a ship you need to complete them successfuly and # of NPCs thrown at you.  Add-in annoying shit like webbing/ jamming while trying to pop 6-8 ships before they break you for a payout LESS than your ship insurance and it's downright frustrating.

Maybe I should go back to running L2s in my AF. That was always kind of fun.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #130 on: February 07, 2008, 03:21:39 PM

Well, there I was in a belt mining. 2 fellows were playing ore stealing games here at Niyabainen (next to Jita). They had been stealing my ore for 2 days straight, coming in with a hauler chain and aligned swiping as I was jetcanning.

Finally, I got fed up. I fit a scrambler, then when one of them in a sigil made his next pass, he was just a tiny bit too slow on the warp and I scrambled and popped him with my drones. Then, I warped out and his buddy made a beeline for my jetcan. Luckily, Neranna and Neike were on the case -- he was quickly dispatched as well. Kinda. He panicked and ejected his pod and warped away, leaving a nice iteron which Neike got, free of charge.

Sweet, sweet revenge. Now, I want to take it a step farther. I'd like to propose a new target:

Gamers Domain Marine Corps (MCGD).

They've only got 7 members. Is it cheaper to wardec small corps? If not, Oh well. I'd like to throw it up there for just a week or two. They appear to be all miners.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 10:37:02 PM by bhodi »
Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: February 07, 2008, 03:24:56 PM

Good for occasional practice?

I love the position : "You're not right until I can prove you wrong!"
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: February 07, 2008, 03:41:54 PM

Sure why not, not like 7 ppl can stand a chance against 30 :)

- Viin
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: February 07, 2008, 03:55:14 PM

Good job, Bhodi.  I almost cried a little when I read that.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #134 on: February 07, 2008, 04:05:46 PM

Bhodi, you got any good advice for ore thievery?  Because I was thinking of doing some tonight or Friday. 

-William Gibson
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #135 on: February 07, 2008, 07:14:21 PM

Ore thievery is easy. Find someone who is Jetcan mining. Come in a hauler and align so that you will pass within 1.5m (lootable range) of his jetcan. Make sure you are moving top speed.  Open the jetcan (this will not flag you), drag whatever's in it to your cargo (this WILL flag you), and immediately warp away. Since you were already aligned, you should be able to get away clean with a cargo hold full of ore. Wait 15 minutes, rinse, repeat.

Alternately, there is the 'baiting' tactic -- this is stealing the ore, same as above, but be "accidentally" a little slow aligning or not aligned at all. Hopefully the miner will target and attack you, at which point it's open season on him. Your buddies then warp in and pop him.

it's all pretty cut and dry, however, I am not clear on a few points:

1. If you loot someone's wreck / cargo container, you are red to them (able to be attacked). Are you red to their corp and/or their fleet / will they get concorded if they attack?
2. If you attack someone who looted you, so that they are red to you for 15m, does that make you able to be attacked freely by their corp and / or fleet?
3. If someone loots your wreck or container, does that make him able to be attacked by just your corp, your fleet, or only yourself?

I know the general rule is "If they aren't flashing red, you will get concorded if you attack". Who gets attack rights, when?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 10:34:10 PM by bhodi »
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: February 07, 2008, 07:54:01 PM

Oops, misread.  Nevermind, not sure on wrecks.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #137 on: February 07, 2008, 08:07:57 PM

Well, cargo containers too.. I think it's the same mechanic. I'm just unsure of the fleet / corp participation on the flagging. Edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 10:34:31 PM by bhodi »
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: February 07, 2008, 09:13:47 PM

Oops, misread.  Nevermind, not sure on wrecks.
I know you can salvage wrecks free of problems -- don't know about looting.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #139 on: February 07, 2008, 10:43:11 PM

So, after I logged with my main, I left my alt in-system. If we wardec this corp, we could have a decent fight on our hands.

Val Mengsk is the one of the guys in the ore stealing corp.

Deteis is some random dude, obviously an alt, possibly a friend of his, in the newb corp. I had a few conversations with him earlier today, and he flat out called me a liar when I told him I was running L4s in a raven and claimed it was impossible with under 6M SP. That log was particularly hilarious. He then wanted me to come over and kill him in my "raven" so he could see my setup. Idiot.

DETEISxBYxTRADE > bhodi
DETEISxBYxTRADE > y u wanna dec war on a miner corp?
Val Mengsk > Lol Aoa Lux, we're already outnumbered, outgunned and outskilled, please don't join in unless you want to help me. XD
DETEISxBYxTRADE > they r no challange?
DETEISxBYxTRADE > lol
DETEISxBYxTRADE > wow
DETEISxBYxTRADE > noobs vs noobs
DETEISxBYxTRADE > and u wonder why senior pilots stay in npc corps
DETEISxBYxTRADE > lol
Val Mengsk > Hehehehehehehe.
DETEISxBYxTRADE > val
DETEISxBYxTRADE > if u get war dec
DETEISxBYxTRADE > let me know
Val Mengsk > Yessir?
Val Mengsk > Copy that.
Aoa Lux > *wardecs*
Val Mengsk > Lulz.
DETEISxBYxTRADE > i cant promise u the world, but i can prob get 4-8 3 year vets out here for u
Val Mengsk > Hopefully it won't even come to that.
DETEISxBYxTRADE > my boys r tied up atm
DETEISxBYxTRADE > i doubt that any of bhodis friends r in tech 2 ships and such
DETEISxBYxTRADE > u will b in good hands
Aoa Lux > lol, highsec wars with old chars. no point. no caps
DETEISxBYxTRADE > sriously
DETEISxBYxTRADE > lol
DETEISxBYxTRADE > we have a few jita gates camped for war targets atm
DETEISxBYxTRADE > so we have a few in area
DETEISxBYxTRADE > no biggie
Aoa Lux > a focused 6mo alt could be just as effective
DETEISxBYxTRADE > but how many chars r focused these days?  @_-
DETEISxBYxTRADE > lol
Val Mengsk > *Shrug*
DETEISxBYxTRADE > that like saying there are genrous bean counters
Val Mengsk > Hmmmmm.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 10:46:03 PM by bhodi »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: How about an empire wardec?  
Jump to: