Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:27:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: How about an empire wardec? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How about an empire wardec?  (Read 36481 times)
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 21, 2007, 01:49:39 PM

Band of Goons

Bobswarm?  awesome, for real

How about "The Furry LARPing Love Squad"?  Anyone you kill will be too embarassed to admit it...

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 21, 2007, 02:00:57 PM

We can do Bat Country.

Where do we want to be based for this empire war? Is Olo OK?

I always liked Bat Country.  Rarely enough, for a book adaption, I liked it even more after the film version, because of the hilarity of the delivery of the line.

5150 sounds like he may be the one in the know, but after initial recce, I'm betting that we'll find the highest concentration of targets around Motsu, Isazawa, Isenairos and the Yria/Hogimo/Kulelen/Yria/Kaunokka loop (and neighbouring systems), all in Citadel, which is of course close to Jita if we want to really grief people with a gate camp at some point.  There are a few systems in Lonetrek and The Forge too, but they're all within reach of the main bunch.

Halaima, Huttaken and Sankkasen are nicely central, within five jumps of the Motsu and Yria concentrations.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 04:21:24 PM

We can do Bat Country.

Where do we want to be based for this empire war? Is Olo OK?
Just let me know what sort of alt to create. I don't mind donating a little time and money from my main's training. :)

This goonfleet guide - http://wiki.goonfleet.com/index.php?title=Recommended_Base_Stat_Builds - has a bunch of great PvP builds that are useful almost out the box (just add propulsion jamming and high speed manuevring and you're done).

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 21, 2007, 04:50:51 PM

Taking notes of corps not in alliances in the area of Sankkasen:

Right to Rule (64 members) (multiple members in Sankkasen)
Symtec Industries (41 members)
Nebula Rasa Holdings (47 members)
Klingonisches Imperium (20 members) (multiple members in Sankkasen)
Eagle Technologies (30 members) (multiple members in Sankkasen)

React. (37 members)
Brotherhood of Mithra (64 members)
Ace's Over 8's (37 members)
Angles of the Apocolypse (44 members)
Stardust Assassins (87 members)

« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 12:53:50 PM by Viin »

- Viin
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 21, 2007, 05:07:46 PM

Bat Country now has an office at Sankkasen IX - Moon 12 (Citadel) and Eram VIII - Moon 13 (Metropolis).

- Viin
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 22, 2007, 09:02:26 AM

Taking notes of corps not in alliances in the area of Sankkasen:

Eagle Technologies (30 members)

Small corp, but might be a good choice for one of our dec's.    I saw about 7 of these guys in system this morning mining.  It's also their home system.  They're a German mining/mission running corp, with aspirations for pvp.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 09:30:07 AM by Kamen »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 22, 2007, 12:41:58 PM

So when should we wardec?  On Wednesday 26th?  That would then kick in on the 27th for fighting beginning.  If people here will be most active at the weekend then that gves them 5150's suggested day's grace to go back to their old habits and get careless before we hit them.

I'm all in favour of wardeccing more then one corp to make it more likely to get fights, but I dunno what others think?

Also, are there enough euro-TZ folks here to get a gang going, or are we going to be waiting for the US cavalry while empirically discovering the effectiveness of a PvP thorax solo versus a PvE raven?

Twitter - Endieposts

Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: December 22, 2007, 12:46:03 PM

Euro zone here, and I am in, but perhaps sporadically in the Christmas season.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 22, 2007, 12:46:13 PM

The latter! Where's your sense of adventure!?

I think we should wardec someone today - I for one will be around tomorrow and monday for some pewpew. :)

- Viin
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 22, 2007, 01:14:26 PM

More war dec's the better in my opinion, but I'm fine with however many you guys decide.  I (and I think Endie also offered) can cough up some money to help defray the war dec costs, buy frigs and cruisers for those who need cash, etc.

As for availability, I will only be on in brief spurts for the next few days to avoid wife agro  awesome, for real
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 22, 2007, 01:21:44 PM

I'll donate 100 mill for the effort. I'll just free up my CEO-ship of my own corp first and join. Bat Country, right?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 22, 2007, 01:37:53 PM

I'll donate 100 mill for the effort. I'll just free up my CEO-ship of my own corp first and join. Bat Country, right?

Yep, BC office in Sankkasen is our current base of operations.

- Viin
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #47 on: December 22, 2007, 07:22:23 PM

I'm ready whenever. I'm finishing skilling up for a tackler since we seemed to have problems with people getting away. Obviously, I'll provide support.

I'm skilling up a Vigil fit: 2 nanofiber, 1 overdrive injector, MWD, webifier, scrambler, small nos, rocket launcher.
I picked vigil since it seems to be the absolute best frigate for tackling there is, with a racial 5% to speed and 3 middle slots. Plus, it's really really cheap. I think the entire ship with t1 modules runs under 500k. If anyone has a better tackler, please suggest it to me. Minmitar is helpful since I want to get minmitar indy for the mammoth.

Once I get minmitar frigate up to level 3, I'll work on high speed maneuvering 2->3 and acceleration control 2->3. That should be this weekend for sure.

I like my blackbird but it doesn't seem like it's a good ship for what we're trying to do, so I'm going to be useful as a disposable scout+tackler. I like scouting anyway, it seems fun but I need more practice at it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 07:24:14 PM by bhodi »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 23, 2007, 05:23:39 AM

I've resigned my roles from F13 so I can join Bat Country as soon as I get back in a few days.  I've also moved my neutral probing covops character Up to our area of operations, and will move a couple of neutral, disposable alts into key systems as well for scouting purposes.

Twitter - Endieposts

Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 24, 2007, 06:31:01 AM

...Advice...

Great stuff, 5150: really useful.

I have a covops with pretty good skills who can use up to observator probes, so it should be possible to find the targets in-system: I take it that a neutral alt sitting around somewhere on the station grid is a good idea to note ship names, too?  At 12 mill a week for three targets (assuming no other wardecs on them) I'd say we might as well go for the full three to be sure of targets: I'll happily cover that since I'm more interested in PvPing alongside F13 people than anything else like actually making money.

We normally sit a [cloaked] non-war alt outside their [hq] station either before the war starts (usually while the vote is in) or during the first 24 hours while we let them stew to collect ship names (even if they arent in a mission the ship names are always useful) and occasionally passive lock and ship scan them as well (this is more if you want to find what rats they've hardened against for their current mission). Ship names are however vital if you trying to probe a specific mission runner (doubly so in a packed mission running system) though as you need to get them on a 5 degree directional scan (so less than ~14AU away) so you can look at your probe returns on the system map and ignore any that arent directly in front of you (system map uses the same orientation as the ships camera). It's quite common for war targets to continue to run missions while at war (especially if they are just a mission running corp) as well as mining once the rats are dead because most people think they can't be found.

In my experience you really need to get within 5AU of a mission to get a probe hit _unless_ they are using drones (Drones still MWD in deadspace between orbiting your ship and orbitting the target and the sig bloom of the MWD on the drone either doesnt get effected by the sig reduction effect of being in deadspace or its still high enough to get a hit sooner or later - so if you see drones on the 5 degree scan make sure you also probe for them!

It's very VERY _VERY_ funny when you turn up and spank a bunch of people that think they are safe - obviously once word gets out you are busting their missions you should expect sane people to bail from their mission if you are in local (therefore probing with an alt is better since they wont have a clue who is finding them so quickly)

We tend to log the alt in before either logging our mains in or jumping into a system targets are currently in and check the belts to see if you can catch anyone mining
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 27, 2007, 01:17:00 PM

Bat Country got a kill today (first ever??) which I posted on the F13 killboard.  Hauler in a macro mining crew grabbed the wrong ore that some fucktard left out for him  evil
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 27, 2007, 02:35:52 PM

Hey nice job!

Irek will be in BC later tonight, we need to think more about who to wardec so it's on for the weekend.

- Viin
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 30, 2007, 03:34:33 AM

For those watching the wrong thread in updated topics, this is in the other thread on the first wardec:

Updated: 29 Dec

Wardec Victim #1: Eagle Technologies

Primary Location: Sankkasen System

War goes active on: 31 Dec, 0400 EVE Time

War ends on: 7 Jan, 0400 EVE Time

Meet At: Corp Office in Area

(We can reup the war for $4mil before 6 Jan if we want).

So come in for the week and join us!

Twitter - Endieposts

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 07, 2008, 07:20:43 PM

Looking for new targets now that Eagle has paid us to not wardec them anymore.

Current corps I am looking at:

Ace's Over 8's (ACECO) - 43 Members - Seen: Asidian, Empress Dano, Jane's War, Johny Blaze, Lokiedo, Miggernaught, Ondskan, Raytian, Tyrfing IV,
Angels of the Apocolypse (AOTA) - 57 Members - Seen: Versy, Paratrader, VJohns, Rosko P, Saana Nara, Alaquin Rah,
Glauxian Brothers (GLAUX) - 46 Members - Seen: Shasta Sun, Zap2
Pirho Corporation (PIRHO) - 19 Members - Seen: Blueraja, Vado Miglia
Right To Rule (R2R) 64 Members - Seen: Snow Blade, Dangoumaru,

"Seen" means I've seen them in Sankkansen proper. Any feedback or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! (Also, if you see folks from these corps please send me their names so I can add to the lists).

- Viin
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #54 on: January 07, 2008, 07:59:51 PM

They paid us?! Son of a... i've been scooting around belts looking for the bastards. As far as the next target is concerned, i'm open to any of them - though, i suppose that the more members they have the higher chance of us finding more targets.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 07, 2008, 08:30:46 PM

Yah but I'd rather have someone like Eagle who will let us shoot at them for a week and then give us money to stop. I don't really want to fight a corp that's too gung-ho about a PvP match - I don't really want to be up against HACs on a regular basis!  swamp poop

- Viin
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 08, 2008, 05:37:43 AM

Looking for new targets now that Eagle has paid us to not wardec them anymore.

Current corps I am looking at:

Ace's Over 8's (ACECO) - 43 Members - Seen: Asidian, Empress Dano, Jane's War, Johny Blaze, Lokiedo, Miggernaught, Ondskan, Raytian, Tyrfing IV,
Angels of the Apocolypse (AOTA) - 57 Members - Seen: Versy, Paratrader, VJohns, Rosko P, Saana Nara, Alaquin Rah,
Glauxian Brothers (GLAUX) - 46 Members - Seen: Shasta Sun, Zap2
Pirho Corporation (PIRHO) - 19 Members - Seen: Blueraja, Vado Miglia
Right To Rule (R2R) 64 Members - Seen: Snow Blade, Dangoumaru,

"Seen" means I've seen them in Sankkansen proper. Any feedback or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! (Also, if you see folks from these corps please send me their names so I can add to the lists).

Nice to see the first war of the corp completed with a payoff.

As for the corps you have listed, any or all of those are fine with me.  Why not run 2 or 3?  I'm not in game ATM, but wasn't there a small German sounding mining corp that hangs around in the system also?  Last, didn't Endie also have a former carebear corp he wanted dec'd?
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 08, 2008, 06:11:10 AM

Eagle paid us.......

awesome, for real thats awsome.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 08, 2008, 07:33:23 AM

Nice to see the first war of the corp completed with a payoff.

As for the corps you have listed, any or all of those are fine with me.  Why not run 2 or 3?  I'm not in game ATM, but wasn't there a small German sounding mining corp that hangs around in the system also?  Last, didn't Endie also have a former carebear corp he wanted dec'd?

I figured it would if I sent the 'pay off or else' mail to everyone in the corp, not just the leaders. Someone would cave and pay up.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

We can do 2 or 3 - I will at least queue them up on the vote part (so I can just hit the 'apply wardec' button when we are ready).. I just don't want to bite off more than we can chew. What I'll probably do is wardec one of these, see how their response is for a couple of days and if it's mild then wardec the next victims.

- Viin
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 08, 2008, 08:26:15 AM

I'm surprised/impressed they paid you off.  None of the corps we tried getting money from ever paid out when I was in an empire war corp.  They'd never believe we'd retract as promised but now you have a track record in that regard which should make things easier still.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 08, 2008, 08:44:19 AM

Nice work, Viin.  I guess you hit just the right price-point to make it worthwhile, especially since we'd done a good few hundred mill of damage when you count stuff like the hulk, and pretty much stopped them doing anything but docking up by day 5 or 6.

I am up for starting one or more new wardecs: I learned a lot from this one and am keen to get moar targets :twisted: :twisted: evil :etc:

It's a shame our alts aren't a couple of months more experienced: there are a lot of Fix floating around in empire, disconsolately mining and missioning to make bank, while a lot of their remaining pvpers are in Delve and Period Basis.

By the way, how are the values on the KB calculated?  The correct values seem to be seen in the individual killmails for stuff like module and hull loss, but the values in the stats for pilots and corps are way low.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #61 on: January 08, 2008, 08:48:08 AM

That is pretty awesome guys. Well done :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: January 08, 2008, 09:03:31 AM

By the way, how are the values on the KB calculated?  The correct values seem to be seen in the individual killmails for stuff like module and hull loss, but the values in the stats for pilots and corps are way low.

The values of the items are divided evenly among everyone who participated in the kill. So if you kill 2.3mil worth of stuff, with 5 peeps, you each get 2.3m/5 (460k) "credit" to your pilot. I think the final blow person may get a little extra than everyone else, but I'm not positive on that. The corp value goes by all the pilots in the corp, so it'd go down if pilots from other corps helped kill a target. But, I'll look at it and see if I can tell for sure (there's no docs!).

- Viin
Slapshot76
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: January 09, 2008, 12:17:41 PM

Nice... I am surprised they paid. 

Next !!!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: January 14, 2008, 02:02:28 AM

Since this is proving to be quite fun, would it be a good idea if I posted a Stahlregen-style recruitment thread in the main MMOG Discussion thread?  Basically, one just letting people know what we're up to pvp-wise, telling them we'll give them all the free frigates they can manage to get blown up, that we'll provide help and advice etc, and pointing out the opportunities for pewpew on free trial accounts.  Considering the number of people who played planetside when Cheddar did his post, there's a good chance we might get a few people interested.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #65 on: January 14, 2008, 06:06:15 AM

Glad to hear that you guys are having a good time with it. One of these years I'll find some time to get my alt over there.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 14, 2008, 07:28:55 AM

Bah, I dl'ed a 14 day trial yesterday.  Stupid Pew Pew.  Someone PM me what to do to get in on it.  I'm following the goon wiki on building a tackler and I just finished the tutorial 10 mission thing last night.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: January 14, 2008, 07:48:21 AM

Bah, I dl'ed a 14 day trial yesterday.  Stupid Pew Pew.  Someone PM me what to do to get in on it.  I'm following the goon wiki on building a tackler and I just finished the tutorial 10 mission thing last night.

I've PM'ed you the goonfleet survival video links, which includes tackling 101 amongst other stuff, as well as two videos on fleet warfare which are a bit larger scale than we do, and slanted towards 0.0, but are still very useful.

When you think you're ready (you're ready: best way to learn is by doing it) then sign up for Bat Country in the Sankassen system.  Join the F13 channel (not secure) and our war channel, which has a different name and is both secure and passworded: someone will give you the location and secret handshake if you ask.  Don't hang around in Sankassen if you're by yourself learning to do stuff, because our targets huddle there in a big mass putting up threat displays.  Check who is online from the corp and ask them if they are (a) really there and (b) hunting targets.

Also ask for money, so you can buy skillbooks without running missions or staring at rocks. An amount that will buy you ten or twelve skillbooks that make you literally 100% better inside a day cost nothing to an established player.  We also have ships in our corp hangars, including rifters, with fittings for you to take: just ask how to access them.

If there are only a couple of people online (welcome to my euro world) and lots of enemies none of whom is daring to head off and mine or mission-run alone then you can always persuade someone to join up with you and grief miners with ore-stealing then blowing them up when they think you're a solitary noob in a frigate. Stuff like that.

Twitter - Endieposts

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: January 14, 2008, 08:25:27 AM

you can always persuade someone to join up with you and grief miners with ore-stealing then blowing them up when they think you're a solitary noob in a frigate. Stuff like that.

Whee pirates, this sounds like fun, why was I not informed previously that this is a possibility?  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: January 14, 2008, 08:57:56 AM

Whee pirates, this sounds like fun, why was I not informed previously that this is a possibility?  awesome, for real

This is why I should write a recruitment post in the main MMO forum.  I asked if anyone was in favour: cue eery silence.  So I'll try the other approach: does anyone actively object?  I also have another two or three keen-but-newish mates (a few months old, though one has a killmail with fifth-top-damage on a dread already) who would be keen to join in with their alts.

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: How about an empire wardec?  
Jump to: