Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Team Fortress 2 Unstationary Scrimmage: Sunday, 8PM EST 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Unstationary Scrimmage: Sunday, 8PM EST  (Read 42985 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #70 on: October 29, 2007, 10:40:24 AM

I'd say points aren't everything, but thats only if you are running engi so that your team can have a teleporter. Or suiciding as a pyro to fuck up rushes.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Obo
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: October 29, 2007, 10:49:44 AM

There are a couple F13 guys who have almost uncanny aim with the soldier rockets.  I whimper whenever Nerf comes on,  since he seems to have the "seek Johny Cee's head" rockets.
When playing medic I quickly learnt to latch onto Nerf whenever he passed by and practically ignore everyone else, as he was the only one on with the unnatural ability to kill everything that moved. So keeping him alive seemed preferable to uber wasting heavies (on the rare occasion when I trigger an uber at the right time).  tongue
WayAbvPar

Reply #72 on: October 29, 2007, 11:02:54 AM

Or suiciding as a pyro to fuck up rushes.

Ah, my specialty.

I had a blast last night- we definitely need to do it again soon. I had brief flashes of competence last night, which surprised me. I still need to learn to value my life a bit more, however.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 29, 2007, 11:38:55 AM

I still need to learn to value my life a bit more, however.

I have no value on my characters life unless I'm an engineer or playing a demo and mine guarding a capture point.  Other then that I play with reckless abandon... probably too much really especially on Sudden Death.   Really that round is so unappealing to me I just want to end it as soon as possible. 
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #74 on: October 29, 2007, 11:51:21 AM

There are a couple F13 guys who have almost uncanny aim with the soldier rockets.  I whimper whenever Nerf comes on,  since he seems to have the "seek Johny Cee's head" rockets.
When playing medic I quickly learnt to latch onto Nerf whenever he passed by and practically ignore everyone else, as he was the only one on with the unnatural ability to kill everything that moved. So keeping him alive seemed preferable to uber wasting heavies (on the rare occasion when I trigger an uber at the right time).  tongue

You both would've been crying last night, Schild outscored me ffs.  Next time I need to make sure I dont drink as much, or more, either way, i'll figure it out, we will have our revenge!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #75 on: October 29, 2007, 11:57:35 AM

Note to medics, if you haven't figured it out yet: don't waste your time on [f13] Sky. Sure, I'm a demoman. But I'm a solo rambo that will get your as killed. Or I'll turtle around doing nothing. Basically, whatever you want me to be doing, I'll be doing the opposite. Can't help it, really, I'm a contrary bastard.

Even though I suck at TF2, I need to get on and play some more with you guys before the title moves out of the du jour stage.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 29, 2007, 12:02:40 PM

Alright schildy, ball is in your court. You pick the day/time this time around.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #77 on: October 29, 2007, 12:22:48 PM

I'm free pretty much all weekend, so count me in.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #78 on: October 29, 2007, 12:29:45 PM

I vote for sooner than this weekend if feasible, can we really not scrounge up 10 people on a weeknight? I know you fuckers don't have lives either.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #79 on: October 29, 2007, 01:34:42 PM

I can commit to tomorrow (Tuesday) night up to about 10 PST.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #80 on: October 29, 2007, 01:38:31 PM

I can commit to tomorrow (Tuesday) night up to about 10 PST.

What does that make it EST? 2am?  I can commit till about midnight EST, but I work flex hours, so no biggie if it goes longer (M-Thur).
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: October 29, 2007, 01:41:29 PM

I'm free for some weeknight head bashing.
schild
Administrator

Reply #82 on: October 29, 2007, 01:43:32 PM

Consider me there ill start a thread when I finish lunch.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #83 on: October 29, 2007, 01:48:57 PM

I'm game for some late night bashing... I usually get on when you all are leaving and Prospero is the only one left with the F13 tag.

Actually have been playing more engineer and pyro, plus there is one map I had a ton of fun on as a scout, it was the big map with the staircase/boxes with 5 capture points, was great fun getting the other team to chase me down.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #84 on: October 29, 2007, 01:49:40 PM

Please to be playing this time!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #85 on: October 29, 2007, 01:53:42 PM

I can usually play after around 9:30 est. on weeknights, but not for 3 hour sessions.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #86 on: October 29, 2007, 03:18:07 PM

I wanted to apologize to you gents for my abrupt bail out last night. My "super duper high dollar lasts forever" power supply took a major shit, complete with the dirty socks smell.

I was playing like absolute shit anyways, so was probably for the best. I'll be at the next one with bells on though.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #87 on: October 29, 2007, 07:15:55 PM

You assholes need to record demos next time. I didn't get a chance to make fun of schild this time around Sad Panda
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #88 on: October 29, 2007, 08:38:13 PM

You assholes need to record demos next time. I didn't get a chance to make fun of schild this time around Sad Panda

We'll have HLTV working for the next scrim, I honestly didn't know what it was before!

And I only had 5 minutes to setup the server.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #89 on: October 29, 2007, 08:41:41 PM

You don't need HLTV to record a demo. Your 4 spectators should've been recording demos while they were watching.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #90 on: October 29, 2007, 09:05:43 PM

Yea, but then you only get it from the point of view of the person watching, whereas a HLTV allows the viewer to then change around as if they were watching a live match.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #91 on: October 29, 2007, 09:09:57 PM

Apparently the player-recorded demos also allow you to swing the camera around.  I recorded a few minutes earlier tonight and am going to experiment.

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #92 on: October 29, 2007, 10:07:11 PM

Apparently the player-recorded demos also allow you to swing the camera around.  I recorded a few minutes earlier tonight and am going to experiment.

Oh awesome.  Apparently HLTV just captures the entire match and you can go where you want at any point, though I suspect having a first person view of Fraglerock would due to show how we lost the scrim.  tongue

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #93 on: October 30, 2007, 02:05:18 AM

Yea, but then you only get it from the point of view of the person watching, whereas a HLTV allows the viewer to then change around as if they were watching a live match.
That's only if the server is recording the HLTV/SourceTV demo since it captures all the data packets but yeah that's a better idea.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #94 on: October 30, 2007, 02:08:14 AM

I don't see how that's possible unless there's a config file setting you need to enable.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: October 30, 2007, 04:03:43 AM

Oh awesome.  Apparently HLTV just captures the entire match and you can go where you want at any point, though I suspect having a first person view of Fraglerock would due to show how we lost the scrim.  tongue

Maybe we could watch mkvenner since he carried y'all...and he's suspect damnit! ;)

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #96 on: October 30, 2007, 06:58:56 AM

I don't see how that's possible unless there's a config file setting you need to enable.

I think it limits you to viewing players that were close enough to you for your client to get the info about.  Also, it looks weird because it doesn't draw your player model in the right place; your HUD and first-person model follow the camera.  Not as useful as I was hoping.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #97 on: October 30, 2007, 01:11:53 PM

8PM EST is like the most bullshit time ever.  Esp when the fucking server mods LIVE IN AZ.

What the fuck is wrong with you people I'm not home w/ computer on and beer in hand untill 7pm PST

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: October 30, 2007, 01:32:29 PM

8PM EST is like the most bullshit time ever.  Esp when the fucking server mods LIVE IN AZ.

What the fuck is wrong with you people I'm not home w/ computer on and beer in hand untill 7pm PST

Seriously, lets schedule around Hoax...I've been wanting to smoke him for like the last few years.  In love

I'm probably just jealous of the grief title though.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 01:34:05 PM by Slayerik »

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #99 on: October 30, 2007, 01:38:59 PM

Seriously, lets schedule around Hoax...I've been wanting to smoke him for like the last few years.  In love

I'm probably just jealous of the grief title though.

And Ookii who doesn't get home until 6:30pm (PST, for at least the next 5 days)

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #100 on: October 30, 2007, 01:41:26 PM

Well, I'll be on tonight, but maybe we can change it for next week to a little later.

So I can properly touch you PST people w/ my shovel.   this guy looks legit
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #101 on: October 30, 2007, 01:47:21 PM

8pm, woot. So much nicer than trying to hook up in EQ2 when folks were getting on at 1am EST undecided
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #102 on: October 30, 2007, 01:56:05 PM

Ditto.  Hell, I usually don't even think about going home until 7.   I got up a couple hours early this morning so I could cut out early this afternoon. 

If I play like shit tonight I get to blame it on sleep deprivation.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #103 on: October 30, 2007, 02:02:18 PM

I blame it on HG:L and laundry both if which need to be motherfucked at some point tonight.  But yeah TF2 first if we're doing a pickup and shit.  I may even plug in a mic.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Team Fortress 2 Unstationary Scrimmage: Sunday, 8PM EST  
Jump to: