Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Team Fortress 2 Unstationary Scrimmage: Sunday, 8PM EST 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Team Fortress 2 Unstationary Scrimmage: Sunday, 8PM EST  (Read 42812 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #35 on: October 28, 2007, 06:12:09 AM

Edit: I should be there in all my 800x600 glory!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 07:56:50 AM by MrHat »
schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: October 28, 2007, 06:37:55 AM

Slayerik, you're gonna be on the receiving end of that shit in about 10 hours.

Did I mention I got pretty fucking unstoppable with soldier? Heyearrrrrgh. CANADA!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #37 on: October 28, 2007, 07:16:41 AM

The sun even shines on a dog's ass once in a while.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 28, 2007, 10:06:05 AM

I should be around if anyone can't make it.... and I think my mic actually works now.   Huzzzah.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #39 on: October 28, 2007, 11:03:22 AM

Phildo smash.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #40 on: October 28, 2007, 04:01:11 PM

Welp, such is the way of things - it looks as though uni work is going to be keeping me from attending on time. I will try to make it a little later, if one of the subs or players wants to rotate out at some point. How many maps are we playing, and how long for?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: October 28, 2007, 04:26:49 PM

Updated info in first post.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #42 on: October 28, 2007, 06:27:55 PM

fug, I gotta miss it.  No pole dancing decals for me   :(
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #43 on: October 28, 2007, 07:57:42 PM

Valiant effort! :(
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 28, 2007, 07:58:26 PM

Fun times, those Gravel Pit games always came down to the wire.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
schild
Administrator

Reply #45 on: October 28, 2007, 07:58:30 PM

C'est la vie. We should've been allowed Freshfruit since they had Fagglerock (oh god, so easy, had to). awesome, for real
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #46 on: October 28, 2007, 07:58:46 PM

Slayerik wins a perma-ban for his crit-rocket madness!

Plus his fake clan cheated by being less bad than our fake clan.

<edit> Team to fake clan, to make it less clear
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 08:03:07 PM by rattran »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #47 on: October 28, 2007, 08:00:09 PM

Wish I had warmed up beforehand; couldn't make a shot to save my life on DB.  awesome, for real

We should do this again.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: October 28, 2007, 08:07:26 PM

Funny part is, I didn't get to play a ton of soldier...I was kinda just filling roles most the match...The last game we were stressing pretty heavy, finally we made some progress and I just started hurling rockets at the point and matrix dodging the return fire.

That shit was a lot of fun. Thanks to all who participated, I have a feeling this could be a weekly thing. Props to Ookii for running it and turning me into fresh gibs repeatedly.

Mkvenner was still a ringer for you guys, that guy is pretty sick. Fagglerock gives him a match for spy pretty well though.

Lemme know how your emergency room trip was for the crit ass rocket removal, schild.

Straz, you dome pieced me a few times on DB. Can't win em all!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Zaljerem
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 28, 2007, 08:07:48 PM

Thanks everyone, was great fun. We should definitely do it again.

Every problem has a better solution when you start thinking about it differently than the normal way. - Steve Wozniak
When is [Minecraft] going to get together with DF, have a nice cuddle and a bottle of wine and finally produce the Baby that I want ? - Ironwood
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all." - GlaDOS
Chizzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 28, 2007, 08:12:20 PM

Was a lot of fun, look forward to another match at some point. Strazos, I wouldn't be stressing about your shooting, you had me steaming multiple times over here. Good fun all together and thanks for hosting the match. Stop by our server sometime, more than welcome.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #51 on: October 28, 2007, 08:14:22 PM

I blame myself for the loss, I was playing fucking horribly tonight.  I'll try not to stay out til 5am drinking next time we have one of these matches.
Still tho, good times, great fun
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 28, 2007, 08:24:23 PM

I only caught the last few rounds, but bad luck on the loss guys. MVPs to Mkvenner and Bhodi for keeping C-point alive for a rediculously long time. Boo-hiss to Schild for bottoming. Dragged down the team imo, should be kicked from clan.  :-D

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 28, 2007, 08:28:55 PM

I only caught the last few rounds, but bad luck on the loss guys. MVPs to Mkvenner and Bhodi for keeping C-point alive for a rediculously long time. Boo-hiss to Schild for bottoming. Dragged down the team imo, should be kicked from clan.  :-D

Bad luck my ass!

Its not luck when I turn on ze crit rocket hax.

schild
Administrator

Reply #54 on: October 28, 2007, 08:33:47 PM

I don't know what was wrong with me.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 28, 2007, 08:40:26 PM

It's the pressure man.

Slayerik, what does MnM stand for? It's not Mug'n'Mouse is it?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #56 on: October 28, 2007, 08:47:13 PM

Where are the demos so we can all point and laugh at schild?
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #57 on: October 28, 2007, 08:52:34 PM

Wish I had the part where schild sat launching rockets off the top of the Gravel Pit tower...with 2 blue behind him killing the medic.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #58 on: October 28, 2007, 09:01:15 PM

I loved that part, especially when everyone was yelling "BEHIND YOU GODDAMNIT!!" into voice chat.

I wish I could've pulled that off.   awesome, for real
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 28, 2007, 09:31:23 PM

It's the pressure man.

Slayerik, what does MnM stand for? It's not Mug'n'Mouse is it?

Morituri Nolumus Mori ... stands for 'those about to die dont want to ' or some shit in latin ... MnM is basically a conglomeration of MMO players, some from back as far as Shadowbane, that I have kept gaming with or in touch with over the years. Our most recent MMO was WoW but most have burnt on that. Previous to that was SWG, Planetside, etc.

I remember that time you gusy were talking about with the medic and the rocket man. You guys were ubered and I'm like, well shit I'm done for. The soldier kept spammin rockets off the ledge. I was an engi and got a shotgun blast or 2 on the medic and helped with schild before I went down. I think he was so used to engi's being up there, friendly ones, that it didnt produce the usual rocket to the dome effect.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 28, 2007, 09:42:57 PM

with 2 blue behind him killing the medic.

I got bum rushed by Pyros so much it was depressing. That moment at C on Gravel Pit was just icing on the cake awesome, for real.

No demos, but scoreboards (I D/C'ed before our last game on Gravel Pit):

Right-click, View Image...

« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 10:12:58 PM by caladein »

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
lesion

Reply #61 on: October 28, 2007, 10:41:43 PM

my cybertrons decided to go on vacation from 7-10, so instead of recordy goodness I just got pissed off at NWN2 AI. were there, in fact, any demos?

steam|a grue \[T]/
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #62 on: October 28, 2007, 11:00:06 PM

I don't know what was wrong with me.

You lacked teh medic.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 29, 2007, 05:47:00 AM

So you guys did do better w/out me :(

My 800x600 glory weekends should end soon w/ the purchase of a new computer.  Surprisingly, weeknights are my new gaming nights.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 29, 2007, 06:09:01 AM

I got bum rushed by Pyros so much it was depressing. That moment at C on Gravel Pit was just icing on the cake awesome, for real.

After the granary pyro rush you guys pulled off (nicely done) I dont wanna hear about our 1-2 pyros we had the whole match :) Both sides seemed to have about the same class make up most the time. Lots of soldiers.  I thought you guys were better about having medics around, we usually only had one...There were also certain parts of dustbowl and gravelpit (damn B skylight rockets / pipes) where you guys really seemed to have your shit together, but once you lost the initial point the D crumbled.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 29, 2007, 07:32:08 AM

Pyro is <3.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 29, 2007, 07:56:22 AM

So we on for next week?

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 29, 2007, 09:36:17 AM

After the granary pyro rush you guys pulled off (nicely done) I dont wanna hear about our 1-2 pyros we had the whole match :) Both sides seemed to have about the same class make up most the time. Lots of soldiers.  I thought you guys were better about having medics around, we usually only had one...There were also certain parts of dustbowl and gravelpit (damn B skylight rockets / pipes) where you guys really seemed to have your shit together, but once you lost the initial point the D crumbled.

There are a couple F13 guys who have almost uncanny aim with the soldier rockets.  I whimper whenever Nerf comes on,  since he seems to have the "seek Johny Cee's head" rockets.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #68 on: October 29, 2007, 09:57:48 AM

Heres hoping I can make it next time. I have gotten a bit more nasty with Soldier and Pyro lately.
schild
Administrator

Reply #69 on: October 29, 2007, 10:00:49 AM

Nerf and I played on a different server last night, I came out in 1st at the end of the gravel pit cycle :( :( :(

Sigh.

Can't deliver when needed. I'm like a living MMOG.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Team Fortress 2 Unstationary Scrimmage: Sunday, 8PM EST  
Jump to: