Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: EA acquires VG Holdings (BioWare and Pandemic) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EA acquires VG Holdings (BioWare and Pandemic)  (Read 79082 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #140 on: October 15, 2007, 10:58:53 PM

Yeah, pretty sure Ghost was 3PS with stealth elements. It's too hard to do a FPS with stealth elements since you can't really see what you need to see.
Thief

However, if Blizzard doesn't see that (again imo) RTS games have moved away from being slow moving resource crunching games to faster moving battles, I think they won't have the success they are aiming for.

That said: World of Starcraft would blow the sales of Starcraft 2 out of the water, imo.
I prefer the slower-paced games myself.  C&C III and Ages of Empires kick my ass.  I don't want playing against the computer to be like playing against a Korean 13 year-old, that's what online content is for.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: October 16, 2007, 04:55:09 AM

Such is the life for most RTSs these days - even the good ones.

Naeg. I can still hop into an EBStop and buy a SC battle chest. This game is older than some of the gamers playing it now.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #142 on: October 16, 2007, 10:16:50 AM

Starcraft Ghost? 3rd Person Action, I believe. You don't model a chick like that and then make it first person. It's a waste of time.

You make it first person if you can look down at boobies.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #143 on: October 16, 2007, 11:32:20 AM

Starcraft Ghost? 3rd Person Action, I believe. You don't model a chick like that and then make it first person. It's a waste of time.

You make it first person if you can look down at boobies.

Hah.

Gonzo FPS.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: October 16, 2007, 12:56:19 PM

End boss is a tentacle monster.

:D

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
AaronC

Email
Reply #145 on: October 16, 2007, 05:56:04 PM

I heard there will be cake for us once Mercs 2 ships.
schild
Administrator

Reply #146 on: November 14, 2007, 04:23:49 PM

Guys. Guys. Guys.

I was going to write an article on this, but hell, here's why it's funny.

1. Pits Mythic against Bioware Austin.
2. Brings in a shitload of talent that will either quit, or help EA fix Madden (lol).
3. WARHAMMER or Bioware MYSTERY TITLE will see the light of day. One studio will engulf the studio of the other.
4. RACE TO BEAT WOW, LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
5. They just killed Atari in one, single blow. Next purchase, Atari, for pennies on the dollar.
6. They just bought the only decent RPG PC Group in America. Oh, right Obsidian. Bioware's bitch. Like they matter. Wriggling corpse of Black Isle imo.
7. LOL ATARI.
8. LOL WAR BETA.
9. LOL DRAGON AGE.
10. LOL - Pandemic is actually pretty good.
11. They just got a shitload of great licenses.

There's like 50 more reasons it's hilarious. Why don't I care? Because I'm a clown!

Who has two thumbs and called it?

I'll give you a hint:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 04:27:26 PM by schild »
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #147 on: November 14, 2007, 07:44:54 PM

I assume this is what you are talking about schild:

Atari Announce Restructuring

schild
Administrator

Reply #148 on: November 14, 2007, 08:22:11 PM

Hello article that neglects to mention that the CEO quit. And that the restructuring will probably lead to DEATH. >_< Well ok, maybe not death. But an Acclaim like death. A company that just doesn't matter anymore.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #149 on: November 14, 2007, 09:16:00 PM

Hello article that neglects to mention that the CEO quit. And that the restructuring will probably lead to DEATH. >_< Well ok, maybe not death. But an Acclaim like death. A company that just doesn't matter anymore.

Atari hasn't mattered in over 20 years.
schild
Administrator

Reply #150 on: November 14, 2007, 10:15:14 PM

Mattered to Bioware and a few other companies. As they supposedly were a decent publisher to work with.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #151 on: November 14, 2007, 10:23:54 PM

Maybe they'll be the new Atlus?
schild
Administrator

Reply #152 on: November 14, 2007, 10:27:24 PM

Nope. NISA is the new Atlus. Atlus is dicking around with DS games, though they have FES, Riviera, and Baroque coming down the pipe. As well as a few *other* things.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: November 15, 2007, 10:04:34 AM

[/quote]
Mattered to Bioware and a few other companies. As they supposedly were a decent publisher to work with.
[/quote]

This surprises me. Mostly because the games I've bought from Atari have invariably ended up shitty shit shit and/or bugged to hell.   

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
schild
Administrator

Reply #154 on: November 15, 2007, 10:05:04 AM

This surprises me. Mostly because the games I've bought from Atari have invariably ended up shitty shit shit and/or bugged to hell.   

Lol NWN.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #155 on: November 16, 2007, 07:11:20 AM

I thought "Atari" was Infogrames, anyway.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: November 16, 2007, 01:46:01 PM

I thought "Atari" was Infogrames, anyway.

It is.  Apparently the talk in the streets is its Infogrames in the US so if/when it fucks up the original company is still fine.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #157 on: November 17, 2007, 03:15:13 AM

Nope. NISA is the new Atlus. Atlus is dicking around with DS games, though they have FES, Riviera, and Baroque coming down the pipe. As well as a few *other* things.

By "a few other things" are you referring to Spectral Force 3 coming to the U.S. (having been released in last year in Japan on the 360) and Operation Darkness which both just got announced for the 360?
schild
Administrator

Reply #158 on: November 17, 2007, 11:12:29 AM

By "a few other things" are you referring to Spectral Force 3 coming to the U.S. (having been released in last year in Japan on the 360) and Operation Darkness which both just got announced for the 360?
There's some more PS2 stuff as well.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #159 on: November 17, 2007, 01:08:24 PM

I love the sound of Operation Darkness (from Gamespot):

Operation Darkness is a strategy role-playing game that puts a fantastical spin on the European front during World War II, giving players magical powers to thwart Hitler's advancing tide. Atlus did not attach a developer to the game, though it did launch an official teaser site.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: EA acquires VG Holdings (BioWare and Pandemic)  
Jump to: