Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:25:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08  (Read 134755 times)
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

on: September 01, 2007, 11:43:15 AM

Any interest in this? I could possibly learn how to start a league and whatnot.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 04:06:22 PM

Haemish usually handles the league commish stuff. I'm sure he'll see this thread soon.

Of course, I am in for a third year.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 08:08:49 PM

In.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 11:56:26 PM

League setup with the same settings as last year's league.

Bat Country
ID: 24984 (or Bat Country)
Password: grind

Roster Positions: C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR 
Stat Categories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, L, GA, SV, SHO 
Stat Modifiers: G (5), A (3), +/- (1), PIM (.1), PPP (2), SHP (3), GWG (1), FW (.1), W (4), L (-3), GA (-1), SV (.5), SHO (5) 

Live draft set for Sat., Sept. 22nd at 5 pm CDT (6 pm EDT, 3 pm PDT)

Let me know if you want to adjust the stat categories from last year or not.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 04:13:38 AM

Registered.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 11:24:01 AM

You had to set the draft on the day of my company golf tournament...

I'm in, either way.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Strazos

Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 12:54:33 PM

I say bump saves back up to 5. I forget why it was even taken down to 4 pts in the first place.

Either way, it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, especially since I had some of the winningest goalies in the league last year, but they weren't at the top of the listings.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 07:47:22 AM

I say bump saves back up to 5. I forget why it was even taken down to 4 pts in the first place.

Either way, it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, especially since I had some of the winningest goalies in the league last year, but they weren't at the top of the listings.

Personally, I liked it when it was a full point per save.  Kolzig was a top five goalie at the time!
WayAbvPar

Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 11:11:38 AM

In.

Please adjust the scoring so goalies don't score 5x as much as everyone else. Last year was a mess.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 11:17:03 AM

In.

I plan on keeping my excellent theme of Fantasy mediocrity for the rest of year!

Xbox live: trotski44
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 11:24:54 AM

I've made changes to the goalie stat modifiers.

G (5), A (3), +/- (1), PIM (.1), PPP (2), SHP (3), GWG (1), FW (.1), W (5), L (-2), GA (-1), SV (.275), SHO (5)

Wins are now worth 5 points, losses are -2 and saves are .275. I did a few changes, and saw that the top goal scorer was worth around 600 points for the season, and so jiggered it so that the top goalie was worth around 600 as well. I want a goalie to be as important as the top scorer. I see in last year's league, the goalie was worth almost twice what the top scorer was.

WayAbvPar

Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 11:37:18 AM

Cool- that should make it much better. Gracias.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 12:20:38 PM

I prefer H2H, but I was sad not participating last year, so this year I'll be IN.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Strazos

Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 03:52:47 PM

I am wondering how you came up with each save being worth .275 points....sort of an odd number, yes?

I'm just happy actual Wins are worth more again. Do you know how much I hated having goalies on my team who won tons of games, but were outscored by guys who lost more, won less, but garnered more points through saves?

Fear the Backstab!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 06:27:48 PM

The .275 was an approximation. I tried .25, the best goalies were worth about 550 points, I tried .3 and the best were well over 660 points, so I went right down the middle and that gave me the number I wanted.

It still means Marty Brodeur and Roberto Luongo were the #1 and #2 in the league respectively, they just weren't worth over 1000 points each.

Strazos

Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 04:24:39 PM

In.

Name subject to change.

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 03:19:36 PM

Draft tomorrow! Don't forget to pre-rank your players (although the Yahoo preranks aren't as bad as they are for football). I have 150 guys ranked; hopefully I will remember to be online for the draft.

Strazos

Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 04:34:40 PM

I don't need to pre-rank if I show up for the draft, right?

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 06:43:48 PM

I like to do it anyway so  can set the draft screen for my rankings instead of Yahoo's. Makes live drafting a bit smoother. Also saves me in case I totally space and forget the draft  :-D

Mandrel
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 02:42:26 PM

Draft in 20 minutes, not that I have a clue what I'm doing.  tongue
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 03:49:44 PM

I think I did pretty good, but my hockey knowledge has slipped since the strike. I think my goalie corps is rock solid, which means Marty or Nick is due to blow out a knee or something.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 05:36:08 PM

Well, missed the draft which was unavoidable.  Only got me two goalies and two centers... I'm doomed.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 07:45:39 PM

My goalies suck. I have Khabibulin and Biron.

Biron is a god damned backup for Christ's sake.

Frickin' autodraft.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 10:26:11 PM

Dammit, I completely forgot about this. I'm afraid to go look at my team.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 23, 2007, 02:49:27 AM

....And my #1 defenseman suffered a "freak accident" and is now out for 3-4 weeks.

What the fuck.

WayAbvPar

Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 10:27:05 AM

Considering I had to autodraft AND I picked last, I don't hate my team. Glad I got Miikka- one of the very few Flames I don't loathe.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 24, 2007, 11:12:56 AM

Considering I had to autodraft AND I picked last, I don't hate my team. Glad I got Miikka- one of the very few Flames I don't loathe.

GO FLAMES

WayAbvPar

Reply #27 on: September 24, 2007, 12:24:21 PM

GO FLAMES Canucks!

FIFY.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 24, 2007, 01:01:17 PM

GO FLAMES Canucks, and don't come back.

FIFY.

FIFY RIGHT BACK. Goddamn Canucks.

trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 24, 2007, 01:30:20 PM

Fuck the Calgary Flamers,  Iginla is huge douche! Go 'Nucks!  :-D

Xbox live: trotski44
WayAbvPar

Reply #30 on: September 24, 2007, 01:49:03 PM

Ugh, Iginla. I would probably love him if he played for Vancouver, but as it stands I want to see Bieksa pound his little chipmunk face into mush.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 24, 2007, 02:08:43 PM

You know, I can see you hating Phaneuf, or Tanguay, or almost any other Flame, but not Iginla. The guy is class act all the way.

WayAbvPar

Reply #32 on: September 24, 2007, 02:50:02 PM

Don't even get me started on Phaneuf.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 02:56:44 PM

GO BOLTS!

Both your teams can suck it! Remember game six? NO GOAL!   Heartbreak

<3

WayAbvPar

Reply #34 on: September 24, 2007, 05:15:11 PM

How the hell can you play hockey somewhere with no naturally occurring ice?? I can't be a fan until Martin Saint Louis learns to pronounce his name the God-fearin' North American way  :-D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08  
Jump to: