Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:34:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08  (Read 135833 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #455 on: July 11, 2008, 09:24:24 AM

I am guessing as a former agent he has had adversarial relationships with many of them anyway.

As for the Sundin rumors, I am not too worried if the info came from 1040...I have heard nothing but bad things about their reliability.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: July 11, 2008, 09:31:35 AM

I am guessing as a former agent he has had adversarial relationships with many of them anyway.

As for the Sundin rumors, I am not too worried if the info came from 1040...I have heard nothing but bad things about their reliability.

But... Dave Pratt is so awesome. I never miss his hardcore right wing look at celebrity birthdays and the BC Lions.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
WayAbvPar

Reply #457 on: July 11, 2008, 09:37:39 AM

I am tempted to tune in some day via the web (if that is possible) and see how fast my blood pressure spikes. I will definitely turn it on if/when I am in the area. I am thinking about hitting Vancouver for a game sometime this season- not actually GM Place, but just a fun sports bar where I can commiserate with my fellow suffering fans. Unfortunately my wife is due about 3 weeks into the season, so that might prove all but impossible.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #458 on: July 11, 2008, 09:38:51 AM

But... Dave Pratt is so awesome. I never miss his hardcore right wing look at celebrity birthdays and the BC Lions.

Don't be mean. Big Fat David Pratt is all I have to listen to...

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: July 11, 2008, 10:49:51 AM

Check out Drive This... on Sirius.

Shit is great.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: July 15, 2008, 06:00:29 AM

Also, if you get The Score, it's also on there. 3-5? Or 3-6pm?

Weekdays, anyway.

If you tune in to Sports Talk radio or TV at ALL, honestly, check it out.

Basically, it's a roundtable consisting of an ADD-riddled, redheaded alcoholic compulsive gambler who talks about gambling and the MILF he fucked last night when he went to the bar, a super hot chick (in that "smart, just a tiny bit nerdy, and that makes me even hotter" style), and a really stellar host who also likes to opine on various conspiracy theories and the best way to go about burying gold in the back yard.

All in all, fucking entertaining. Especially if you're used to listening to Pratt or fucking McCown. I switch those fuckers on at night to put me to sleep. Seriously.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #461 on: July 15, 2008, 08:31:36 AM

Actually saw that on the score for the first time recently. Looked interesting.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: July 16, 2008, 05:43:53 PM

I discovered it last winter, grinding motes of fire in Shadowmoon Valley.

Eventually I just kept putting it on, and I was hooked.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #463 on: July 31, 2008, 07:13:43 AM

I'm Detroit.

I'm in your rosters as you speak looking for great, talented, cupless veterans.

Back to back championships could be a real possibility for this team. So much talent.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: July 31, 2008, 08:23:44 PM

Uh, who is going to beat that team, exactly?

Detroit demolished the West.

Pittsburgh demolished the East.

Then Detroit demolished Pittsburgh.

And now they're much improved.

OIC then. GG.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WayAbvPar

Reply #465 on: August 14, 2008, 09:06:35 AM

In case you missed it. This has potential to be HUGE.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: August 27, 2008, 10:55:11 PM

Can I play as Detroit?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #467 on: August 27, 2008, 11:04:46 PM

No. You have to play as the Leafs awesome, for real
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: August 27, 2008, 11:07:56 PM

Well, I quit then.

Of course, I'd then fail at quitting and get a shitty mid-teens draft pick.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #469 on: August 27, 2008, 11:16:27 PM

Well, I quit then.

Of course, I'd then fail at quitting and get a shitty mid-teens draft pick.
You'd really be getting into the role of the team then.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: August 27, 2008, 11:25:32 PM

I'll be nice for a second though.

Managing to pick up Luke Schenn in the draft was very, very good. But their entire future pretty much hinges of failing successfully this year and getting John Tavares. Then sucking a few more years and going 1, 2, 1 etc like Pittsburgh (or more recently Chicago) did.

This is why, when there's talk of the Leafs trying to resign Sundin, I can only be glad I'm not a Leafs fan.

Sundin + shitty team has been about good enough to get them 11th place or so over the last several years. The talk of signing Sundin can ONLY be a complete charade to appease the masses who understand nothing about hockey. If they're serious, well.  swamp poop

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: August 27, 2008, 11:26:20 PM

I hit quote instead of modify.

I think this qualifies me. Where do I sign up to play as the Leafs.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #472 on: August 28, 2008, 07:34:42 AM

You formed words. You're automatically disqualified.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: August 28, 2008, 08:16:51 AM

This is going be awesome, except for the fact that we'll never agree what team we'll all play on.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #474 on: August 28, 2008, 01:06:02 PM

If we are discussing NHL 09, I am assuming we can create a team/colors like in 08 with our online personas. Maybe we can have a contest as to the best looking sweaters and best name.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: August 28, 2008, 01:32:27 PM

If we are discussing NHL 09, I am assuming we can create a team/colors like in 08 with our online personas. Maybe we can have a contest as to the best looking sweaters and best name.

OMG YES

I dunno why I was thinking we would have to pick a NHL team.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #476 on: August 28, 2008, 03:16:57 PM

So when does registration for the new fantasy season start?
WayAbvPar

Reply #477 on: August 29, 2008, 08:12:18 AM

I would guess around the end of September/Early October.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: September 03, 2008, 02:03:10 AM

This is why, when there's talk of the Leafs trying to resign Sundin, I can only be glad I'm not a Leafs fan.

Cry

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: September 03, 2008, 11:39:19 AM

My advice would just be to watch the development of your prospects (So far your stable consists of: Luke Schenn) and cheer every time your team loses for the next 3-4 years.

You'll feel a lot better about it when you look back and see 1, 2, 2, 1 on your past four draft pick lotteries. A LOT better.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: September 04, 2008, 11:22:55 PM

If there is one thing I have confidence in, with regards to the Leafs, it is their ability to fuck it all up for no logical reason.  awesome, for real

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #481 on: September 15, 2008, 08:20:16 AM

I think it's about time someone set this up again?  I'm in another Yahoo league that's drafting next weekend.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: September 17, 2008, 08:51:04 PM

Gogogo.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #483 on: September 17, 2008, 09:37:17 PM

Haemish!  Wake up and recreate the league!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #484 on: September 18, 2008, 07:15:48 AM

Did I do that last year? I forgot.

League setup. New thread incoming.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08  
Jump to: