Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:27:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08  (Read 136047 times)
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: December 06, 2007, 12:28:33 AM

Anyone wanna buy a goalie?

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: December 06, 2007, 12:38:24 AM

PS: Does being 10th on the waiver priority list when Niedermeyer came up count as being TOTALLY screwed or just royally screwed?

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Mandrel
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: December 06, 2007, 06:29:10 AM

Damnit, I held onto him for a couple weeks, then get antsy thinking he'll wait till after the new year to come back, so I dropped him.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: December 06, 2007, 07:03:56 AM

Ok, I was wondering why the Hell he got dropped.

Thanks!

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #74 on: December 06, 2007, 08:49:56 AM

Don't worry- if there is any justice in this world, he will tear a groin muscle in his first game.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: December 06, 2007, 08:59:01 AM

I'm sure Craig Rivet will still be a FA at that point, so I'll be no worse off than I am now  awesome, for real

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #76 on: December 06, 2007, 10:03:31 AM

This means Schneider's going to lose power play time.  Dammit.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #77 on: December 06, 2007, 07:30:13 PM

We're talking about Scott, right?

The one I drafted, and dropped?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #78 on: December 06, 2007, 10:15:15 PM

Yessir
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: December 06, 2007, 11:11:02 PM

This means Schneider's going to lose power play time.  Dammit.

Actually, he'll probably move to another team via waivers. I think he's making 5.5m this year and 5.6 next?

You can't trade a player making that much money unless they're a bonafide superstar. And THEN someone has to have the cap room.

Schneider is, well, like.. uh, not worth that much.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on waivers in a week or two, depending on how long Burke is willing to hold out on trying to make a trade with people lowballing him because they know he's forced to make a move to clear cap space (and tagging space).

Like, that or the Leafs will just trade every player in their system under the age of 28 for him and Todd Marchant.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #80 on: December 07, 2007, 10:07:41 AM

They did say something on espn about the Ducks being willing to move any defenseman except for Pronger to make room for Neidermeyer.  I agree, that probably means goodbye to Schneider who was brought in specifically to replace Neidermeyer.  I suppose I'd be more worried for my team if he wasn't a defender, but he's still been particularly productive for me, so I'm not too pleased with this.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: December 08, 2007, 05:52:01 PM

He'll probably be on the first powerplay unit anywhere he ends up. What YOU have to worry about is the possibility that he DOESN'T get traded.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #82 on: December 08, 2007, 07:25:46 PM

He'll probably be on the first powerplay unit anywhere he ends up. What YOU have to worry about is the possibility that he DOESN'T get traded.

Feck.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: December 08, 2007, 08:32:06 PM

Anyone watch/watching Vancouver and Pittsburgh tonight?

Hella nice game. And Phildo, you REALLY should have held onto Luongo. He looks damn nice. Pittsburgh had them 18-8 on shots at one point, and Luongo is really holding the fort.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: December 08, 2007, 09:33:18 PM

Man, that was serious. Watch the highlights of that game on TV if you get the chance.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #85 on: December 08, 2007, 09:58:20 PM

Anyone watch/watching Vancouver and Pittsburgh tonight?

Hella nice game. And Phildo, you REALLY should have held onto Luongo. He looks damn nice. Pittsburgh had them 18-8 on shots at one point, and Luongo is really holding the fort.

Dammit, don't remind me.  I miss having Datsyuk too, but oh well.  Ward's been good to me this week.

I really need to shell out the cash for some sort of hockey broadcast.  I only have basic cable, so I don't get anything at all.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: December 08, 2007, 10:02:35 PM

What was that trade again? I remember disliking it for one side at the time. Not to, you know, horn in on a deal.

By the way, I shell out for Centre Ice every year. Pisses me off with the blackouts sometimes (especially because I am simultaneously in Leafs/Sens/AND Habs regions somehow), but worth every penny.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WayAbvPar

Reply #87 on: December 10, 2007, 08:38:57 AM

Center Ice is  a godsend. I am out of the area for all teams (Canucks are 200 miles away), so I rarely get blacked out. If the Canucks could ever learn to score a goddamned shootout goal they would be dangerous. Poor Luongo stands on his head all night and still loses. Grrrrr.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: December 10, 2007, 01:10:37 PM

Shrug. Flip Naslund at the trade deadline, imo. Some people might still be stuck with delusions of 3-4 years ago if they're trying to make a Cup run or whatever.

I mean, look at what people got for stuff like.. Guerin.. Zhitnik... etc last year at the deadline.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WayAbvPar

Reply #89 on: December 10, 2007, 03:48:49 PM

Problem with that is that Naslund makes $6M+. With the restrictions on trading dollar for dollar, it just about impossible to get anything approaching market value. Also, why the fuck would they trade a scorer (even a diminished one) when they need goals, and are 3rd in the league in points? They can make a playoff run with Naslund, fail eventually, then use all that nice cap space (his deal expires this year) to bring in some younger scorers. Hell, bring him back at $2.5M.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: December 10, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

Well yeah I mean, since his contract is in its last year, and at the deadline you'd only be on the hook for about 1/3rd of his salary, that's what makes him a little easier to move. People are looking for a rental. You get some solid prospects back in return from a dumbass team like Toronto.

If you're always worried about this year the most, your chances next year never improve that much. Again, cough, Toronto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #91 on: December 13, 2007, 11:08:13 PM

So, um, is today just a bad day for people, or has nearly everyone stopped paying attention to their rosters?  There are a bunch of guys with useful skaters sitting on their bench tonight. =(
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: December 13, 2007, 11:14:59 PM

I hope they've stopped paying attention!

For in that SPLIT SECOND that they let their guard down I WILL STRIKE AND CLAIM THE MASSIVE PRIZE FOR WINNI...

oh wait

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #93 on: December 13, 2007, 11:19:41 PM

...Says the man with 5 goalies, 1 of whom is inactive, and only 1 reserve skater?  Let's talk balance here.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: December 14, 2007, 01:15:49 AM

You're right brb dropping Miller and Lehtonen for Sean Avery and Mark Recchi.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #95 on: December 14, 2007, 10:06:53 AM

Heh, smartass.  Recchi MIGHT actually pick it up now.  Maybe.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: December 14, 2007, 02:28:45 PM

I've watched him play the last two seasons.

Trust me. It's over for Mark Recchi.

Unless he was INTENTIONALLY two steps behind EVERY puck EVERY time it came near him. Unless he could possibly have the foresight to spite the Penguins organization by missing empty nets on ridiculous setups from Crosby at LEAST twice a night, every night. Unless bringing 0 physical presence, 0 forecheck, 0 backcheck, and 0 touch around the net is something he can shake by drinking the Atlanta tap water - I fucking doubt it.

He got waived by a team where he couldn't crack a roster spot over a bunch of guys who should be in the AHL. He also demanded a Top 6 forward spot when he absolutely did not deserve one anymore. Gary Roberts is still around because he's willing to crash and bang on the third line. His hands are GONE, but he tries to provide some grit. Recchis hands were gone a year ago, along with his speed. See, being a short ass player and being in the NHL has a lot to do with making up for that with other qualities. Especially speed. But when you're short, have no reach, and have NO speed - watching the puck constantly sail three feet in front of your short old slow ass every game is fucking pathetic.

In short, dont' fucking bet on it.

Now I feel bad, like Mark Recchi is going to read this shit or something.

Uh, sorry dude... you had a good run. Keep your chin up and shit, bro.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:32:32 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos

Reply #97 on: December 14, 2007, 03:10:35 PM

None of players work, so...

Yeah, I haven't had the heart to log in lately.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #98 on: December 17, 2007, 11:36:12 AM

All that defensive depth and they decide to give away... Andy McDonald?  Let the Todd Bertuzzi era begin!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: December 18, 2007, 11:23:37 AM

I suppose I understand the move if they intend to attempt a repeat this year. Since Niedermeyer is more than likely gone after this season, I suppose they might be (or might as well). This is the kind of move that, if there's no Stanley Cup, fans of the team go "uhhhhhhhhhhh" for a long time, though.

I also wonder how I'd feel if I were Doug Weight. The guy gets traded every year, then resigns with the team in the offseason.... only to get shipped out again.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #100 on: December 18, 2007, 02:17:03 PM

The first thing that came to mind was "Yeah, but he always pulls his weight."  Then I punched myself in the kidney very, very hard.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #101 on: December 19, 2007, 06:18:00 PM

Come on, guys!

awesome, for real
Strazos

Reply #102 on: December 19, 2007, 06:28:03 PM

Theoretically, I could come back later and pick up points when most people are out of games for key positions late in the season.

Fear the Backstab!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #103 on: December 20, 2007, 11:05:06 AM

I was real close for a week or so there, and the next time I looked, I was almost 200 points behind. I think it was my goalies.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #104 on: December 20, 2007, 02:35:47 PM

Gerber's definitely hurting you right now.  But what the hell can you do about that?  Ottawa could turn it around tomorrow and use him as the true #1 again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08  
Jump to: