Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08  (Read 134789 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #35 on: September 24, 2007, 10:06:01 PM

Can we start calling Martin Brodeur "Mar'in Broder" while we're at it? evil

Yeah, I remember those old Espy Awards.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Mandrel
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 24, 2007, 10:09:38 PM

So, I've never played one of these leagues.  Is it basically ideal to check the matchups each day to make sure your roster spots get the most games played, up to the 100 limit?  You'd want to sub in some guys when your mains had a night they don't play in order to get up to that maximum of 100, correct?  I'd think this would be most important for goalies, since most wont start more than 65-70 games, so you'd want to work in a backup to max out the games /played for those slots.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #37 on: September 25, 2007, 12:35:14 AM

It's all about goalies and centers.
Strazos

Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 07:08:11 PM

From the last two years, if you have a choice between starting a mediocre guy against a good team,  and leaving the spot open, you may want to leave it open. This will let you play more games with your better players.

Most people just sub people into the slots every day, and by the end of the season, you can't start any forwards because they've maxed out on games played.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 28, 2007, 09:42:28 AM

Yeah, I'm confused how this works too. I have a bunch of good centers and my goalies are trash.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 11:56:55 AM

My team was autodrafted and I'm assuming I got the first pick becuase my team consists of:

--Syd the Kid---+
                     |
                     |
                     |
                     |
                     |
                     |
                     |
                     |
                     |
                     |
                     |
                     |_________ everyone else.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Strazos

Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007, 09:37:01 PM

You had second pick. I took Heatley first.

Fear the Backstab!
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #42 on: September 29, 2007, 03:02:25 PM

Ah, ok. To be honest, I'm pretty happy with what the AI gave me, other than my goalies.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 11:39:50 AM

Has anyone else tried to place a player in IR yet?  It keeps forgetting my changes when I try.
WayAbvPar

Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 11:44:35 AM

Doesn't work for me either.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 03, 2007, 12:20:36 PM

You have to switch to classic interface to do it properly. Switch to classic, put player on IR, accept changes.

VOILA!

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Mandrel
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 14, 2007, 08:35:29 PM

Did Brodeur have a lobotomy done in the offseason, or is NJ that bad this year?  1 and 3 so far... bleh.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 14, 2007, 08:50:07 PM

No, by watching him last year I could've told you he wasn't going to sparkle this year. Just age, I think. Plus he was always insulated by strong, extremely defensive Devils teams... and when they don't play well infront of him, he gets exposed a little. Especially nowadays.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #48 on: October 14, 2007, 11:44:30 PM

No Rafalski = oops
Strazos

Reply #49 on: October 20, 2007, 08:40:05 AM

Kind of a shame, because they have good puck control in the offensive zone...but get sniped at quickly on the defensive end.

Also, watching 4-0 shutouts in person is fun. :-D

Fear the Backstab!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 07:14:58 AM

Went to the Flames/Sharks game last night and it was the worst fucking game I've seen in a very long time. 20-17 were the shots, SJ had 1 shot in the 3rd (which they scored on). Terrible, terrible game.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 25, 2007, 05:49:04 AM

By the way, in your faces for grabbing Kane right before all of you tried to pick him up.

That's my payback for Tim Thomas getting snagged while I procrastinated on who to drop. Turns out ANYONE was a good fucking choice.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #52 on: October 25, 2007, 11:48:10 AM

How is Afinogenov the biggest goat on my team?  Has anyone here seen a Buffalo game yet?  Can you tell me what the hell's wrong with him?  I don't want to dump the guy, but... damn.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 25, 2007, 12:20:03 PM

He's Russian.

You never know if they're going to actually play or not.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Mandrel
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 25, 2007, 01:58:44 PM

How is Afinogenov the biggest goat on my team?  Has anyone here seen a Buffalo game yet?  Can you tell me what the hell's wrong with him?  I don't want to dump the guy, but... damn.
They haven't played that many games yet, and the Roy/Vanek/ Max line is seeing the best checking lines so far, and just isn't jelling yet.  Buffalo has some major problems so far this year, just not putting out the effort needed to win.  Ryan Miller looks average.  I think it started with Lindy Ruff refusing to name a captain, and letting the players rotate voting for them each month.  Jochen Hect is their current captain, and he works hard and plays tough, but I don't think he's the right person for the job.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #55 on: October 28, 2007, 09:24:59 AM

Afinogenov scores a goal = 1st place!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: November 18, 2007, 09:38:24 PM

I'm SO pissed that I hesitated on parting with Elias in order to grab Gerber. Then did the same again with Tim Thomas.

Then dropped Elias because he blows this season.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #57 on: November 18, 2007, 09:45:57 PM

I love Detroit.  Hooray.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: November 18, 2007, 10:09:03 PM

Play Hasek plz.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #59 on: November 19, 2007, 09:11:33 AM

I'm SO pissed that I hesitated on parting with Elias in order to grab Gerber. Then did the same again with Tim Thomas.

Me picking up Gerber on the waiver wire has been a godsend. Turco has been very ordinary this year, but with Gerber and Backstrom, I'm getting the mad points.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: November 19, 2007, 10:19:28 AM

I picked up Holmqvist on the waiver wire because people apparently think the Lightning blow.

Actually, half my team is TB players and we're pretty darn competitive. In love

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: November 20, 2007, 09:55:09 AM

Me picking up Gerber on the waiver wire has been a godsend. Turco has been very ordinary this year, but with Gerber and Backstrom, I'm getting the mad points.

I hate you.

Give me Gerber. He's mine because I thought of picking him up first.

Also, that was an interesting trade.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #62 on: December 02, 2007, 02:47:23 AM

So, um, can I have Luongo back now?  Please? =)
WayAbvPar

Reply #63 on: December 03, 2007, 09:28:40 AM

Heh. I knew he would get back to form eventually. I traded for him in another league about the same time. I just wish Miikka Kiprusoff would do the same thing; I have him in mulitiple leagues and he is killing me. It is nice to see the Flames struggling though; maybe next year I will draft Iginla and Phaneuf too and see if I can get the team bus to crash or something.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos

Reply #64 on: December 03, 2007, 04:15:10 PM

My team has been a dud. I hardly even have the heart to log in anymore.

Especially my goaltenders; wtf Giguere?

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #65 on: December 03, 2007, 04:21:58 PM

Losing Niedermeyer, Penner, and Selanne gutted Anaheim. And I couldn't be happier about it; I love watching that gap-toothed fuck Pronger lose.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 04, 2007, 01:08:02 AM

I think they expected Perry, Getzlaf, etc to be better able to shoulder the load and sort of be bigger stars this year.

I mean, they're good players... but losing those three players, with the parity in the NHL these days... just too much for any team, I think. Couple that with Stanley Cup Hangover and meh.

And hey what the fuck is up with putting Bryzgalov on waivers?

I mean, I'm sure there's some valid salary cap reason but.. wow.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
WayAbvPar

Reply #67 on: December 04, 2007, 12:10:30 PM

The Bryzgalov thing is why Brian Burke is leading the charge to change the trading rules to allow teams to eat some salary. They couldn't find a deal to trade him (the salaries have to match), so they ended up having to release him, and a division opponent grabbed him. Doh. As for Anaheim, I am surprised Andy McDonald hasn't been better. He really looked like he was coming of age during the playoffs last season.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #68 on: December 04, 2007, 02:46:32 PM

It's time to bring Gordon Bombay out of retirement.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: December 04, 2007, 03:48:45 PM

The Bryzgalov thing is why Brian Burke is leading the charge to change the trading rules to allow teams to eat some salary. They couldn't find a deal to trade him (the salaries have to match), so they ended up having to release him, and a division opponent grabbed him. Doh. As for Anaheim, I am surprised Andy McDonald hasn't been better. He really looked like he was coming of age during the playoffs last season.

He was also centreing Teemu Selanne last year.

As a side note, anyone remember my comment about Mark Recchi primed for a terrible year this year during our Yahoo draft? Yeah, he was just put on waivers.

Yeah, not rocket science, but there are still retards on messageboards going "THE LEAFS SHOULD PICK HIM UP, 68 PTS LAST YEAR, RECCHI STILL HAS MORE TO GIVE". Meanwhile, if you base your opinion of a player entirely on point totals from last season, you should be able to figure out why you don't have a job as a GM of an NHL team. Never mind he went without a goal for the last 20 games, and looked almost as terrible as he did this year - producing JACK on a line with Sidney fucking Crosby.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Fantasy Hockey, '07-'08  
Jump to: