Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:51:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: F13 Steam Community Roll Call 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13 Steam Community Roll Call  (Read 188974 times)
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #70 on: August 09, 2007, 12:46:38 PM

Guys, I've been taking a look at some of the graphs...

I'd just like to say that while none of you are fired, I am very disappointed in the performance that some of you have put forward. We're up, but we're not up enough.

Basically, what I'm trying to say here, is we need people in Charspike 24/7. I want +11 int rings falling out of the goddamn sky. I want to make a toilet out of +11 int rings, shit out +11 int rings, and wipe with +11 int rings, after which I flush the toilet, and a pile of +11 int rings washes it all down the pipes, which are made of +11 int rings.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #71 on: August 09, 2007, 12:50:27 PM

What is the +11 INT RING : SOJ exchange rate?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: August 09, 2007, 01:03:53 PM

What if you don't play Steam games?

Braving the sarchasm (and trying not to re-rail)... it works just fine (caution, 1440x900 res). All you need to do is go to Games (on the menu bar) -> Add non-Steam game to My Games list... and Steam Community will auto-magically work. I've only tried it out with Guild Wars and WoW, but the overlay is as polished as what you'd find in a multiplayer Source engine game like CS:S or DoD.

I can't help but compare it to Xfire at this point, and considering it's just into Beta, I'm rather pleased:

+ Group system kicks the crap out of Xfire's.
+ In-game is much more polished, although the new version of Xfire's is nice.
+ Auto-resizing avatars... super shiny!
+ Apparently in-game just "works", so no need to wait for a patch to release support for new games.

- It doesn't track per-game stats for non-Steam games.
- You can't exit Steam while a game you have Steam Community running in is running as it considers it a "Steam app". (I assume because of the overlay functionality.)

? More datamining, FUCK YEAH! EXCITEMENT indeed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:32:51 PM by caladein »

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
schild
Administrator

Reply #73 on: August 09, 2007, 01:11:16 PM

What.

You can add non-steam games?

For reals?

I can launch all games from Steam? Try with an emulator! Try with tiny indie shit! report! report!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #74 on: August 09, 2007, 01:27:18 PM

Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #75 on: August 09, 2007, 01:32:42 PM

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #76 on: August 09, 2007, 01:45:46 PM

What is the +11 INT RING : SOJ exchange rate?

Well, I'm not gonna lie. Things are looking pretty grim right now.

The value of the SOJ is going through the fucking floor. We need to pull out of this business, and we need to do it fast.

I'm tired of these handjobs giving us the run around on our SOJ turnaround times.

We'll talk about this later with the board, but I don't think they're exactly happy with it either.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #77 on: August 09, 2007, 01:53:02 PM

SOJ prices have gone through the floor because some devs are in the Fartknockers guild and having been spawning SOJs by the millions to fund their war against Whooligans and their many allies.  Which gets us back to +11 int rings because they fall under Dev Youb (3rd Teir Magician Accessory Item Auditor) who is clean.  The +11 int rings are current hot sellers because it the best ring the Jungle Paladin FotM build. Well, any reverse dps fighter build, really.

"Me am play gods"
schild
Administrator

Reply #78 on: August 09, 2007, 01:55:05 PM

Well, I'm not gonna lie. Things are looking pretty grim right now. The value of the SOJ is going through the fucking floor. We need to pull out of this business, and we need to do it fast.

Shit. Shit. Shit. I need to start chewing on my keyboard to keep from laughing at this customer. I almost want to ask hima bout SOJ exchange rates right now.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: August 09, 2007, 01:58:10 PM

I can launch all games from Steam? Try with an emulator! Try with tiny indie shit! report! report!

ePSXe didn't work at least (would open up the game window but I'd just get a black screen). It added a "GameOverlayRenderer.dll.log" file to the directory so it's trying I guess. I'll play around with it a bit and see if I can make any progress.

I at semi-random picked out Noitu Love from the indie Schild Chronicles, and it launched just fine, no overlay though (lol).

"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
schild
Administrator

Reply #80 on: August 09, 2007, 01:58:54 PM

You don't pick Noitu Love, Noitu Love picks you.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: August 09, 2007, 01:59:44 PM

What.

For reals?

I was pretty impressed to find I can use it to call the PotBS launcher and have it all work properly once the launcher calls the actual game.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #82 on: August 09, 2007, 04:20:59 PM

What.

For reals?

I was pretty impressed to find I can use it to call the PotBS launcher and have it all work properly once the launcher calls the actual game.

I tried to add some of my games to Steam, Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, and also, umm like two others. It didnt work for any of them.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #83 on: August 09, 2007, 04:54:23 PM

Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: August 09, 2007, 05:50:35 PM

What.

For reals?

I tried to add some of my games to Steam, Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, and also, umm like two others. It didnt work for any of them.

Cocks. I'll have to try more tonight and see if any others work.
Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #85 on: August 09, 2007, 05:53:51 PM

Just added WoW and TQ: Immortal Throne. Both worked fine.
WayAbvPar

Reply #86 on: August 10, 2007, 09:15:45 AM

Installed and joined last night. My user name is a big secret though...you have to be able to read green text to see it here.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #87 on: August 10, 2007, 11:01:11 AM

You added WoW to your list of Steam games? So like now under "My Games" it lists WoW?

!?!?!?!?!?!
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #88 on: August 10, 2007, 11:23:18 AM

lol, I tried installing Steam on my gaming comp, and I don't remember my username OR password.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: August 10, 2007, 02:15:00 PM

You added WoW to your list of Steam games? So like now under "My Games" it lists WoW?

!?!?!?!?!?!

Yes. (A picture and instructions (with in-game pictures).)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:19:11 PM by caladein »

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: August 10, 2007, 02:28:01 PM

Important thing to note is that you need to have enabled the community beta option under Settings otherwise you don't get the menu option to add non-steam game to your list.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #91 on: August 10, 2007, 03:55:23 PM

Important thing to note is that you need to have enabled the community beta option under Settings otherwise you don't get the menu option to add non-steam game to your list.

AAAAHHHH!  Yes.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: August 10, 2007, 03:57:27 PM

Wow.  Would it be too early for me to proclaim that Live for Windows is absolutely fucked?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: August 10, 2007, 04:15:12 PM

Invite me in, id is Viin. (weird, eh?)

- Viin
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #94 on: August 10, 2007, 05:31:46 PM

lol, I tried installing Steam on my gaming comp, and I don't remember my username OR password.

Register a new one?  I doubt they'll mind.   smiley

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #95 on: August 10, 2007, 09:17:21 PM

mrhat_cs
WayAbvPar

Reply #96 on: August 13, 2007, 08:52:15 AM

Still no invite for me. Is there a way to copy friends from another user? I don't relish the thought of adding everyone individually- tried with XBL and gave up after about 20.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #97 on: August 13, 2007, 08:54:09 AM

Still no invite for me. Is there a way to copy friends from another user? I don't relish the thought of adding everyone individually- tried with XBL and gave up after about 20.

Ah crapper mccrapperstein. I only c&p'd from accounts with a noticeable username. Will add you tonight.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: August 13, 2007, 12:12:15 PM

Not yet got around to the Steam reinstallation after 'The Great Mobo Disaster'.  When EP2 and Portal come out, I may get with the program.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: August 13, 2007, 01:55:27 PM

Contrary to evidence, I do actually have some games through Steam.  The problem is that I don't play them anymore.  Sorry guys, you just won't get too much data mining off of me.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: August 13, 2007, 03:58:59 PM

Wow.  Would it be too early for me to proclaim that Live for Windows is absolutely fucked?

I'm not sure either of them can really gain any sort of market dominance in the PC gaming field.  Looking at something like WoW's "The Armory" makes me curious how the whole datamining ingame stats thing is going to end up overall.  I can't really shake the thought that as per the norm for PC gaming everyone is just going to roll their own on this sort of thing.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: August 13, 2007, 04:20:59 PM

and I'm Pxib, actually... I didn't know there was a Steam community.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: August 13, 2007, 09:44:36 PM

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960437426

I'm this one right here^^^ Not playing much lately though, taking a break from clan scrimming.

Edit: I think I'm the only person who signed up in 2003... Old school.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 09:54:16 PM by FatuousTwat »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: August 14, 2007, 05:24:59 AM

I'm guessing that so far, this doesn't log time for any non Steam games. 

Also can't seem to get it to recognise the games that can be bought from Steam but that I had already (Deus Ex, Quake et al, other stuff) - it just loads the shortcut.  Anyone else managed to get aroudn this?

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #104 on: August 14, 2007, 07:57:41 AM

I happen to have both versions of Arx Fatalis installed but I have not bothered to check anything else.  I do know that the two do not overlap at all.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: F13 Steam Community Roll Call  
Jump to: