Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:59:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: In the News Today 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In the News Today  (Read 32848 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #35 on: August 03, 2007, 02:03:33 PM

On a slight derail - after all the talk of 4chan here, I decided to check it out. I HAVE SEEN THINGS THERE THAT I CAN'T ERASE FROM MY BRAIN, YOU FUCKS!

Oh, and I've been using the same Optical Intellimouse Explorer (5 button jobby) for at least 4 years, and it's still going strong.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #36 on: August 03, 2007, 02:04:45 PM

3.  I still bought another Razer (the one w/ blue light, which is pretty shiney/cool) but honestly I need a good mouse pad.  Anyone have any super geeky/gamer/l33t recommendations?  I've checked OCP from time to time and they always go on about Ratz or mouse pads made of glass or somesuch shit.

I've had both version of the RatzPad, don't buy it, it'll wear out on you real quick.  Schild's mousepad is okay in my opinion, but Agnarth's mousepad was the motherf#*&ing hotness.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself one of those glas IceMat mousepad thingies, linkie.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 03, 2007, 02:17:05 PM

I've been using XTracPads for six years or so and am a fan of them (well as much as you can be of a mouse surface...). They make some really massive-o or thin ones, but the Pro and Pro HS are their standard size/thickness models.

I've been using the TWL-branded Pro HS for about five years with a variety of optical mice and am just now looking at getting it replaced.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #38 on: August 03, 2007, 04:30:21 PM

I like my Icemat.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 03, 2007, 05:22:48 PM

I'm exclusively a trackball guy now...

...but yeah, Logitech all the way.

I like trackballs, but my problem with 'em is the same as the old ball mice; gunk.  Maybe it's just because my hands sweat like a whore in church, but my old trackball would gather crap that needed cleaning out at least on a weekly basis.  I don't see how you could rectify this problem just by the very nature of the trackball.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 03, 2007, 05:34:33 PM

On a slight derail - after all the talk of 4chan here, I decided to check it out. I HAVE SEEN THINGS THERE THAT I CAN'T ERASE FROM MY BRAIN, YOU FUCKS!

Haha.   Because I'm a bastard my curiosity wants to know which board you looked at so I can imagine how bad you wish you could put soap inside your skull.
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: August 03, 2007, 06:01:16 PM

Bunk probably didn't even make it to /b/, probably clicked on gifs.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #42 on: August 04, 2007, 03:15:40 PM

There are other places than /b/?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 04, 2007, 04:29:49 PM

There are other places than /b/?

/s/

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #44 on: August 04, 2007, 05:35:19 PM

I find /s/ to be rather hit and miss.  That said, I agree.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 06, 2007, 02:18:22 AM

Both of my Microsoft optical mice still work like a charm, and the only reason I stopped using my Apple Mighty Mouse is because the scroll ball got gunked up.  I loved that suppository of doom too.  Wee little scroll ball was the best thing ever.  Maybe if the rumors are true, next week's Mac thing will have an improved mouse too.  I want to go back to the scroll ball.  It is love.
As long as you don't need a middle mouse button and then it sucks.

It had a middle button.  Press left?  Press right?  Press ball? Press in both sides?

FOUR BUTTONS.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #46 on: August 06, 2007, 03:34:52 AM

Both of my Microsoft optical mice still work like a charm, and the only reason I stopped using my Apple Mighty Mouse is because the scroll ball got gunked up.  I loved that suppository of doom too.  Wee little scroll ball was the best thing ever.  Maybe if the rumors are true, next week's Mac thing will have an improved mouse too.  I want to go back to the scroll ball.  It is love.
As long as you don't need a middle mouse button and then it sucks.
It had a middle button.  Press left?  Press right?  Press ball? Press in both sides?

FOUR BUTTONS.
The problem is is that it's too twitchy cause it's so small and "loose" (not stiff like an IBM trackpoint) so pressing down anywhere near it to activate the middle button will make the page scroll as well. Horrid design.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: In the News Today  
Jump to: